Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking"

+16
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
HT
Marc Summers
Cym Jim
Nordic
The_Dude
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
tTy
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
AMwood
Blanch32
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 3 Empty Re: Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking"

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I still think it's kind of funny that the OP takes his social, cultural and economic cues from a 50+ year old washed up pop star..

And another 50+ poster takes cues from Taylor swift. To each there own! Go blue...I mean america!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 3 Empty Re: Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking"

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What do you think Madonna thinks about camo shorts

Definitely hates them. Way too basic
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:21

SpartanHT wrote:

I was born and raised in the Northeast, but I have to say, based on going to school in the Midwest and having lots of friends that are still there...I think the attitude in the Midwest is a hell of a lot better than what you'll see on the West Coast or the South.

Sure, I guess it's not as "innovative," but I think the more genuine and down-to-earth attitude you see in the Midwest make it a much more desirable place to live than some of these "innovative" places.

Also, what the hell is "innovative" supposed to mean in this argument anyways? I feel like people who use the term "innovative" and "worldly" in their arguments about what makes where they live better, are just using it to make themselves sound better because they're insecure about something and are grasping for a way to come off as superior so they can feel better about themselves.

Fwiw, this is the tone I would have hoped the mayor would have gone for, but his basic thinking insecurity got the best of him
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 17 Mar - 13:26

Blanch32 wrote:

Not in thought.... Where it truly matters. Hell, the Muslims live practicality next door to the Jews up there, so there's your roadmap for peace: think the exact same way

mind blown.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:26

Marc Summers wrote:

The Midwest is a desirable place to live for a 40-something $70k per year middle manager with kids in elementary school who pretty much knows how the rest of his life will play out.

It's not a desirable place for a 22-35 year old guy with an innovative spirit looking for people to support him in turning great ideas into million dollar ideas. The 22-35 year old will be shouted down and told that his best course of action is to beg for one of these soul crushing $60k per year jobs and be thankful one of these Midwest females who continue to get uglier and fatter by the day is willing to date him and further prevent him from reaching his potential.

Nailed. It. And be thankful for that 60 hr a week job too!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 17 Mar - 13:26

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28530671/police-say-naked-man-standing-in-doorway-is-not-breaking-law-neighbors-fed-up

Blanch?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 Mar - 13:28

hey Blanche, I lived in North Carolina (likely) longer than you've been alive.. by your previous assertion, does that mean I get to have an opinion on it?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:30

The_Dude wrote:http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28530671/police-say-naked-man-standing-in-doorway-is-not-breaking-law-neighbors-fed-up

Blanch?

Shit......
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hey Blanche, I lived in North Carolina (likely) longer than you've been alive.. by your previous assertion, does that mean I get to have an opinion on it?

Go on.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 Mar - 13:38

Blanch32 wrote:

Go on.....
Asheville is nice.. in fact, western North Carolina is great. The rest, meh..

okay - now tell us what the chick from Wilson Phillips thinks of Michigan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Asheville is nice.. in fact, western North Carolina is great. The rest, meh..

okay - now tell us what the chick from Wilson Phillips thinks of Michigan.

Who? Did she grow up here?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 Mar - 13:44

Blanch32 wrote:

Who? Did she grow up here?
here? like in North Carolina?

or are you in Michigan?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 13:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:here? like in North Carolina?

or are you in Michigan?

You tell me. I have not a clue if that's even a female
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 17 Mar - 14:02

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 Mar - 14:16

Blanch32 wrote:

You tell me. I have not a clue if that's even a female
if you're going to promote Madonna as a bastion of social commentary as it relates to Michigan, you should at least take the time to do some research..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 17 Mar - 14:34

I know the 3 people in my life that I try to heed worldly advice from are, in no particular order: Madonna, a 30-something illiterate guy trying to fingerbang his way through the South, and single 20-something sociopath with 785 internet logins to a message board of a school he hates.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 14:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you're going to promote Madonna as a bastion of social commentary as it relates to Michigan, you should at least take the time to do some research..

I'm not doing that so no research necessary!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 14:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I know the 3 people in my life that I try to heed worldly advice from are, in no particular order: Madonna, a 30-something illiterate guy trying to fingerbang his way through the South, and single 20-something sociopath with 785 internet logins to a message board of a school he hates.

I sound like cassanova with that description
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Tue 17 Mar - 15:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I know the 3 people in my life that I try to heed worldly advice from are, in no particular order: Madonna, a 30-something illiterate guy trying to fingerbang his way through the South, and single 20-something sociopath with 785 internet logins to a message board of a school he hates.

Just to let you know, single guys are the ones who actually know how the world operates. After a short period of marriage, women start to manipulate men by withholding sex, and pretty soon their beliefs are no longer their own.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 17 Mar - 15:14

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 3 276803595
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 17 Mar - 15:16

Marc Summers wrote:

Just to let you know, single guys are the ones who actually know how the world operates. After a short period of marriage, women start to manipulate men by withholding sex, and pretty soon their beliefs are no longer their own.

Serious question: Does your outlook on life come 100% from movies?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 17 Mar - 15:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

He does seem pretty cynical.

Last edited by The_Dude on Tue 17 Mar - 15:21; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 Mar - 15:20

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 3 1966794946

this thread keeps getting better and better..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Tue 17 Mar - 15:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I watch maybe one movie per year.  I'm at the age where a lot of good friends are either getting married or with the girls they will marry. Being the single friend, I still smoke/drink/do drugs, so I witness the threats firsthand. "If you smoke that ciggarette I'm not having sex with you tonight!" They brush it off for a while and say, "I make the rules, fuck her", but eventually it wears away and they submit.

Last edited by Marc Summers on Tue 17 Mar - 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 Mar - 15:22

The_Dude wrote:

He does seem pretty cynical.

Problem is not to marry a woman who sucks at life and will bore you. Doesn't seem like many men get that message or they get roped into marriage because they have a kid.

If you get married for the right reasons to a woman who isn't a psycho, it should be pretty good. I refuse to ever marry a woman who won't allow me to do things I want. She lets me do my stuff still I enjoyed before marriage and I let her do the same. Life is too short to have someone rule over you but there are many men who are so desperate. Those are the dudes that have a mid life crisis or commit suicide.

People who have an arbitrary timeline in life about marriage and stuff will be miserable.
this..

and lust wears off.. marry someone you like. And I mean someone you genuinely like in the ways The Dude explained.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 17 Mar - 15:26

jeebus, i didn't realize we were dealing with ross here. thanks for the heads up, faulkers.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 17 Mar - 15:31

AMwood wrote:jeebus, i didn't realize we were dealing with ross here. thanks for the heads up, faulkers.

I thought he was Nucky. Nucky is Ross? Ross is Nucky?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 17 Mar - 15:45

Nucky ≠ Ross
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 17 Mar - 16:10

so which one is this?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 17 Mar - 16:17

AMwood wrote:so which one is this?

Dude. I don't even know what message board I'm posting on any more.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 17 Mar - 17:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Dude. I don't even know what message board I'm posting on any more.

scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue 17 Mar - 18:13

Marc Summers wrote:

The Midwest is a desirable place to live for a 40-something $70k per year middle manager with kids in elementary school who pretty much knows how the rest of his life will play out.

It's not a desirable place for a 22-35 year old guy with an innovative spirit looking for people to support him in turning great ideas into million dollar ideas. The 22-35 year old will be shouted down and told that his best course of action is to beg for one of these soul crushing $60k per year jobs and be thankful one of these Midwest females who continue to get uglier and fatter by the day is willing to date him and further prevent him from reaching his potential.

The shit you're talking about is location-independent, happens to the majority around the country, and makes you sound extremely close-minded.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 17 Mar - 19:36

The_Dude wrote:

scratch

Existentialism bro.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 17 Mar - 20:27

Blanch - what innovative million dollar idea did your spirit bring to Charlotte?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 17 Mar - 20:40

Herbie Green wrote:Blanch - what innovative million dollar idea did your spirit bring to Charlotte?

Blanchfest

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue 17 Mar - 20:55

Herbie Green wrote:Blanch - what innovative million dollar idea did your spirit bring to Charlotte?

Fingerbanging
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 22:11

SpartanHT wrote:

The shit you're talking about is location-independent, happens to the majority around the country, and makes you sound extremely close-minded.

No. Not really. More Michigan basic thinkibg
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 Mar - 22:16

SpartanHT wrote:

Fingerbanging

This. Look, I'm not trying to be any example of anything, but I see investment and entrepreneurship everywhere. 3 new DCs are being built less than 1 Mi from my pad. New homes and apts are constantly going up. New roads too.

Then there are the 6 new breweries over the past 3 years alone along with drunkcycles, designed driver businesses, rickshaws you name it.

Bottom line: charlotte welcomes change and new ideas, and for that, I'm going to fingerblast as many as the queen city allows me to
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Wed 18 Mar - 9:04

Blanch32 wrote:

This. Look, I'm not trying to be any example of anything, but I see investment and entrepreneurship everywhere. 3 new DCs are being built less than 1 Mi from my pad. New homes and apts are constantly going up. New roads too.

Then there are the 6 new breweries over the past 3 years alone along with drunkcycles, designed driver businesses, rickshaws you name it.

Bottom line: charlotte welcomes change and new ideas, and for that, I'm going to fingerblast as many as the queen city allows me to
I recommend the app "Happn" for easy fingerblasting in Charlotte. When I was there visiting recently, I started talking to some girls and the relative thirst and hotness was a 10 compared to the girls up here using it. Probably going to keep some around for next time I visit friends down there.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 18 Mar - 9:28

Marc Summers wrote:
I recommend the app "Happn" for easy fingerblasting in Charlotte. When I was there visiting recently, I started talking to some girls and the relative thirst and hotness was a 10 compared to the girls up here using it. Probably going to keep some around for next time I visit friends down there.

Phoning it in dude. At least throw in that you thwarted a terrorist attack, or maybe you ran into Morgan Freeman and you told him there is a statue of him on campus.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next