Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

+12
Rocinante
DWags
JEK
Two Star At Best
AvgMSUJoe
xsanguine
Green Note
MSUgöat
LoneWolfSparty
Keith Stone
Youngblood 96
Other Teams Pursuing That
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV Empty This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 am

These guys in Africa at a safari hunt place that you probably pay. A shit ton of $ to hunt at and they have bunkers at certain feeding spots in a likely controlled area, is this even hunting anymore? They have killed multiple animals in the same day they just wait till it's standing still and shoot it. Same process different animal.

It's like a shopping mall of hunting. Disgusting. Go out in the wild.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV Empty Re: This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

Post by Youngblood 96 Sun May 04, 2014 11:56 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:These guys in Africa at a safari hunt place that you probably pay. A shit ton of $ to hunt at and they have bunkers at certain feeding spots in a likely controlled area, is this even hunting anymore? They have killed multiple animals in the same day they just wait till it's standing still and shoot it. Same process different animal.

Is the end game the same?  Meaning, do they (or others) eat what they hunt and kill?  If so, what's the big deal regarding the hunting environment?

Do you eat meat? I'm guessing you do...do you realize that the meat you eat was at one point part of a living animal that was hunted and killed?
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV Empty Re: This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

Post by Keith Stone Sun May 04, 2014 11:58 am

There are hunting resorts like this in the US as well. They first capture exotic animals from locations across the world, bring them back to this controlled location and release them, and then stupid people spend thousands for the rights to shoot them. I don't get it.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Keith Stone wrote:There are hunting resorts like this in the US as well. They first capture exotic animals from locations across the world, bring them back to this controlled location and release them, and then stupid people spend thousands for the rights to shoot them. I don't get it.

It's like a video game.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Youngblood 96 wrote:

Is the end game the same?  Meaning, do they (or others) eat what they hunt and kill?  If so, what's the big deal regarding the hunting environment?

Do you eat meat?  I'm guessing you do...do you realize that the meat you eat was at one point part of a living animal that was hunted and killed?

Really? I don't buy the whole "I only hunt for the food". Rare if someone does. Grasping at sraws
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun May 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:These guys in Africa at a safari hunt place that you probably pay. A shit ton of $ to hunt at and they have bunkers at certain feeding spots in a likely controlled area, is this even hunting anymore? They have killed multiple animals in the same day they just wait till it's standing still and shoot it. Same process different animal.

Oh noes!! People doing things differently than I think they should!!! This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV 1550444538
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat Sun May 04, 2014 1:43 pm

It's not sporting at all. Those that participate in it are lazy cunts.
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 Sun May 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

It's like a video game.

Playing video games doesn't put food on your table.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 Sun May 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Really? I don't buy the whole "I only hunt for the food". Rare if someone does. Grasping at sraws

Did you seriously just say that it's rare for hunters to hunt for food? Wow...

Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 1:47 pm

MSUgoat wrote:It's not sporting at all. Those that participate in it are lazy cunts.

Agreed, although it's not quite as bad as those lazy cunts that go to a store and pick their meat up off a shelf. They don't even bother to go outside much less shoot and clean their own food.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Youngblood 96 wrote:

Did you seriously just say that it's rare for hunters to hunt for food?  Wow...

People can "claim" whatever they want, convincing themselves that that's why Rolling Eyes 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 pm

More like target practice with live animals. No skill or knowledge involved.

A new product is computerized aiming guaranteeing hits at hundreds of yards. Same difference.

Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 am

I wouldn't hunt something if I didn't plan on eating it.

Hunting just for the sake of it or for its hide, horns, etc is a douche move and what sociopaths take part in.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon May 05, 2014 11:18 am

xsanguine wrote:I wouldn't hunt something if I didn't plan on eating it.

Hunting just for the sake of it or for its hide, horns, etc is a douche move and what sociopaths take part in.
And fully endorsed by uncle ted and the like.
I truly believe hunting without fully utilizing the animal is some sort of sin. Hell, I kind of feel guilty if we throw out meat leftovers.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 05, 2014 11:20 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
And fully endorsed by uncle ted and the like.
I truly believe hunting without fully utilizing the animal is some sort of sin. Hell, I kind of  feel guilty if we throw out meat leftovers.

Absolutely.

But doesn't Uncle Ted utilize every bit of the animal? I'm not really a fan of his per se, but I always remember this being a maxim of his identity with regards to hunting... that even with predators, he eats everything; offal included.

I could be wrong.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 am

xsanguine wrote:

Absolutely.

But doesn't Uncle Ted utilize every bit of the animal? I'm not really a fan of his per se, but I always remember this being a maxim of his identity with regards to hunting... that even with predators, he eats everything; offal included.

I could be wrong.
I thought one of the reasons he moved from MI to texas was MI regulating these sorts of "farms" and his panties were all in a wad about big govt. hurting his small business. I suppose he could still utilize the meat, but he does cage exotics to shoot with right wing buddies.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 am

I can;t post links but even aiming has become optional in all of this... Google "Tracking Point".
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 05, 2014 11:26 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
I thought one of the reasons he moved from MI to texas was MI regulating these sorts of "farms" and his panties were all in a wad about big govt. hurting his small business. I suppose he could still utilize the meat, but he does cage exotics to shoot with right wing buddies.

Ahh yes... you're right about that. I don't support that style of "hunting", either. What he's doing is akin to "hunting" cattle on a dairy farm, as far as I'm concerned..

At least in my humble opinion.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 am

People can "claim" whatever they want, convincing themselves that that's why Rolling Eyes 

Like I give s crap what you think! This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:35 am

Some will say that, in Africa at least, this is a winning strategy for funding actual wildlife reserves. Ironic I guess. Still in the experimental stages.

"Most" of the hunters I know in MI are what I would consider ethical. They don't poach or bait and they eat what they kill.

Then there are the Ted Nugents of the world. Scum.

Last edited by R.P. McMurphy on Mon May 05, 2014 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:36 am

xsanguine wrote:

Absolutely.

I could be wrong.

Nuge has been busted many times for poaching and other violations. He's a POS. Makes real hunters look bad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 05, 2014 11:55 am

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

Nuge has been busted many times for poaching and other violations. He's a POS. Makes real hunters look bad.

I've only heard of one instance so I'm admittedly pretty ignorant about the others... and I certainly don't support the type of hunting that he partakes in on his ranch or that Cheney made famous when he shot his buddy in the face.

The only aspect of his persona I respected, and knew about, was the fact that even with animals that most of wouldn't eat (and therefore wouldn't hunt, in my case [predators, etc.]), he actually did eat them.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 12:06 pm

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

Simply not true. RP you are letting your dislike of Ted's politics cloud your opinion on the two incidents where he violated local hunting laws. That is far from "poaching".
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 05, 2014 12:11 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Simply not true. RP you are letting your dislike of Ted's politics cloud your opinion on the two incidents where he violated local hunting laws. That is far from "poaching".

I'm only aware of the one incident a couple of years ago. I don't remember the specifics but I do remember it being minor and a technicality.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 12:43 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Semantics. He's a POS "hunter". I know he's conservative, but he's never offered up an idea worthy of consideration, so his politics don't sway me.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2010/08/ted-nugent-busted-game-violations-california

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/20/2433298/ted-nugent-admits-illegal-bear.html

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2011/01/23/ted-nugent-poaching/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 pm

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

Semantics. He's a POS "hunter".  I know he's conservative, but he's never offered up an idea worthy of consideration, so his politics don't sway me.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2010/08/ted-nugent-busted-game-violations-california

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/20/2433298/ted-nugent-admits-illegal-bear.html

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2011/01/23/ted-nugent-poaching/

These just prove the asshole thinks he is above the law. ENTITLED to use one of their buzzwords.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon May 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Youngblood 96 wrote:Do you eat meat?  I'm guessing you do...do you realize that the meat you eat was at one point part of a living animal that was hunted and killed?

Where are you buying your meat from? The meat we eat from the grocery store comes from animals raised on farms. Did you think ol Cletus wakes up at the crack of dawn, and heads into the woods with his rifle to hunt some cow?
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm

JEK wrote:

Where are you buying your meat from? The meat we eat from the grocery store comes from animals raised on farms. Did you think ol Cletus wakes up at the crack of dawn, and heads into the woods with his rifle to hunt some cow?
I had a buddy who worked for Hormel right out of MSU. In sales or something. He toured the "processing" facility in Iowa or someshit. The dude who did the cows in swung a mallet, wore a wife beater and had a tattoo of the grim reaper with the word "Mother" over it. Farming is still has crazy ass killing in it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Swill bin this motha!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Mon May 05, 2014 2:50 pm

I think its law to stun them first (with the mallet?) Before you finish them with a bolt gun.

The local farmers around here mostly use a 410 slug between the eyes.

It is what it is.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 05, 2014 2:52 pm

I was driving up north on Friday and was half listening to CNN on the radio. Are they actually having a vote in a couple of states to outlaw drones to help hunters? I'm thinking what kind of POS hunter wants to use a drone? Is this a thing? i believe they said Nebraska, but don't quote me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
I had a buddy who worked for Hormel right out of MSU. In sales or something. He toured the "processing" facility in Iowa or someshit. The dude who did the cows in swung a mallet, wore a wife beater and had a tattoo of the grim reaper with the word "Mother" over it. Farming is still has crazy ass killing in it.

Yes, the animal is butchered, but not after it is hunted. but rather after it is raised.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 pm

JEK wrote:

Yes, the animal is butchered, but not after it is hunted. but rather after it is raised.

Ah yes. Much better that way.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon May 05, 2014 3:00 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Ah yes. Much better that way.....

I'm not arguing what is or isn't better. Just making a point of fact.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 3:00 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

People don't want to know where their meat comes from. And the vegetables....omg, ripped out of the ground while still alive then piled into huge truckloads before being sliced and diced for the consumer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 05, 2014 3:29 pm

You are actually wrong. I know a lot of hunters that the only meat they or their family eats is wild-hunted. They are not the majority, but they are a segment of the population.

Back to your original topic. Trophy hunting is wrong. Trophy hunting a captive herd is even wronger. and the people that do it are almost always douchenozzles.

I don't care what you think, LWS.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 Mon May 05, 2014 3:41 pm

JEK wrote:

Ever hear of deer hunting, dumbass?
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 Mon May 05, 2014 3:44 pm

JEK wrote:

What difference does it make? Hunted or 'raised', the end result is the same.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon May 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Youngblood 96 wrote:Ever hear of deer hunting, dumbass?

Where in this post did you refer specifically to venison?

Do you eat meat? I'm guessing you do...do you realize that the meat you eat was at one point part of a living animal that was hunted and killed?

Sounds like you were commenting on "meat" in general. The VAST majority of meat "we" (i.e., most Americans) eat is, in fact, not hunted.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon May 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Youngblood 96 wrote:

What difference does it make?  Hunted or 'raised', the end result is the same.

I agree. I just found it funny how you were trying to educate this guy on "the way of the world" when you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of it yourself.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next