Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

+12
Rocinante
DWags
JEK
Two Star At Best
AvgMSUJoe
xsanguine
Green Note
MSUgöat
LoneWolfSparty
Keith Stone
Youngblood 96
Other Teams Pursuing That
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV - Page 2 Empty Re: This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-05, 16:28

JEK wrote:

I agree. I just found it funny how you were trying to educate this guy on "the way of the world" when you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of it yourself.

You clearly missed the point I was making...not that I'm surprised.  What difference does it make if the meat you eat was hunted or 'raised' then led to slaughter?

I find it funny that you always seem to argue over some of the dumbest things.  You'll argue just to argue...even when there is nothing there.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV - Page 2 Empty Re: This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV

Post by JEK 2014-05-05, 16:36

Youngblood 96 wrote:

You clearly missed the point I was making...not that I'm surprised.  What difference does it make if the meat you eat was hunted or 'raised' then led to slaughter?

I find it funny that you always seem to argue over some of the dumbest things.  You'll argue just to argue...even when there is nothing there.

You were arguing in favor of hunting by saying the meat "we" eat is hunted and killed. I don't think I'm arguing semantics by pointing out that it is raised not hunted.

I don't have a problem with hunters, but they don't get credit for stocking my local Meijer with beef and pork. Sorry.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-05-05, 16:37

temple grandin has helped a lot of cows.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-05, 16:51

DWags wrote:I was driving up north on Friday and was half listening to CNN on the radio.  Are they actually having a vote in a couple of states to outlaw drones to help hunters?  I'm thinking what kind of POS hunter wants to use a drone?   Is this a thing?  i believe they said Nebraska, but don't quote me.  

I didn't hear the segment that you're talking about, but no one is allowed to weaponize a drone. I would guess they use it to conduct surveillance. For example, send the drone up, pan the camera around, and see what's out there.

I'm not a hunter, but the sporting aspect would be the only draw to me. Using a drone isn't something I would do, but as long as they aren't using it to herd animals towards the hunters, I'm not sure it's such a big deal.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best 2014-05-05, 16:55

Rodeo Burger wrote:

I didn't hear the segment that you're talking about, but no one is allowed to weaponize a drone. I would guess they use it to conduct surveillance.  For example, send the drone up, pan the camera around, and see what's out there.  

I'm not a hunter, but the sporting aspect would be the only draw to me.  Using a drone isn't something I would do, but as long as they aren't using it to herd animals towards the hunters, I'm not sure it's such a big deal.

I think people use them to try to drive/flush deer also,.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-05, 17:56

JEK wrote:Sounds like you were commenting on "meat" in general. The VAST majority of meat "we" (i.e., most Americans) eat is, in fact, not hunted.

Correct. It's raised in small pens or cages and fed drug laced feed to promote growth. Then it's killed and processed by some of the most underpaid workers in the USA before being delivered to your local supermarket. Overall much more acceptable than this idea of releasing an animal on small acreage and shooting it prior to eating it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-05, 18:24

AMwood wrote:temple grandin has helped a lot of cows.

Plus she's way hot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-05-05, 18:39

Rocinante wrote:

Plus she's way hot.

claire danes yes. the real temple affraid 

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV - Page 2 Rw-temple-headshot-best_0
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-05, 18:46

AMwood wrote:

claire danes yes. the real temple affraid 

This "hunting" show on Backwoods TV - Page 2 3434560931
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-05, 18:51

AMwood wrote: the real temple affraid 

TanFan just facebooked her last week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee 2014-05-05, 20:01

I shot a turkey yesterday. I guarantee that it didn't feel a thing. I feel a lot better eating what I humanely harvest vs an animal that has been abused and raised for the sole purpose of slaughter. Factory farming is disgusting.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2014-05-05, 20:16

AMwood wrote:temple grandin has helped a lot of cows.

I actually went to grad school with Temple. She's absolutely brilliant at her vocation, but apparently has always had a very unorthodox approach.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-05-05, 20:58

LooseGoose wrote:

Correct.  It's raised in small pens or cages and fed drug laced feed to promote growth.  Then it's killed and processed by some of the most underpaid workers in the USA before being delivered to your local supermarket.  Overall much more acceptable than this idea of releasing an animal on small acreage and shooting it prior to eating it.

Is that what these rich safari hunters are doing? I thought they were just in it for trophies.

For the folks out there who hunt their dinner, more power to 'em.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2