Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

+18
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Cameron
tGreenWay
GirbaudJeans
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
xsanguine
The Pantry
Izzo Court
Brock Middlebrook
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   Empty Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by Rocinante Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:46 am

They recently started adding fluoride to the water in my city (which they've been doing in Michigan since -- I think the 1960s) and there was a vocal minority that was just livid about it. I talked to the top person in the State department of health, who happens to work in my building and she was just dumbfounded by the resistance. All legitimate research points to fluoridation lowering dental costs significantly in areas where it's done, and the cost is nearly zero. With the number of people without dental insurance, you would think this would be welcomed, but it's not.

I've real some of the links that anti-fluoride folks have posted int he local media, and it's generally unsubstantiated hearsay. Any of you quacks want to explain the resistance?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   Empty Re: Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by InTenSity Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:47 am

I always thought it was weird, but then again, I've been brainwashed since I was born, so I'm good with fluoride.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   Empty Re: Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:57 am

Are these the same types who are all anti-vaccines?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:08 pm

I guess some people do not liked to be forcefully medicated. I have a well (which means I live in deep poverty) so the fluoride thing is non-issue for me, but sometimes I get scared they secretly spray the rural areas with prozac in the middle of the night.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I guess some people do not liked to be forcefully medicated. I have a well (which means I live in deep poverty) so the fluoride thing is non-issue for me, but sometimes I get scared they secretly spray the rural areas with prozac in the middle of the night.

What are the constituents of your well water? What's the fluoride concentration?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Unless some geological thingamajig has resulted in fluoride naturally occurring in my groundwater, I do not think I have fluoride in my water. I could. Does hard water tend to have naturally occurring fluoride? My water is harder than Blanch at a strip club.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:26 pm

There is likely some fluoride in your groundwater. It is recommended that you get it tested for all constituents every three years. Do you have kids?

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 pm

It was tested last year. I just remember that it was nothing alarming. Should have looked closer. Might be a walking government drone zombie and not even know it....and all because of mother nature. Shit, that is sexist. Father nature. Nope, that is worse. Lets go with nature.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Does well water still taste like shit?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Does well water still taste like shit?

It depends on the composition of the water. Well water does not taste universally bad or good.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Good well water is the best liquid on earth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
This guy clearly has never had a sip of the High Life
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Is there a popular drink that people from Wyoming like? In West Virginia I think they tried putting flouride in Mountain Dew. They could do something similar in Wyoming.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:24 pm

http://wonkette.com/568612/breaking-jesse-ventura-wrong-about-nazi-water-fluoridation
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Turtleneck wrote:It was tested last year. I just remember that it was nothing alarming. Should have looked closer. Might be a walking government drone zombie and not even know it....and all because of mother nature. Shit, that is sexist. Father nature. Nope, that is worse. Lets go with nature.

That's what I'm getting at. I don't consider fluoride to be medication. Yes it has health benefits... but so does the chlorine that is put in treated water (kills harmful bacteria) but you don't hear people asking for the water to not be chlorinated.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:It was tested last year. I just remember that it was nothing alarming. Should have looked closer. Might be a walking government drone zombie and not even know it....and all because of mother nature. Shit, that is sexist. Father nature. Nope, that is worse. Lets go with nature.

That's what I'm getting at. I don't consider fluoride to be medication. Yes it has health benefits... but so does the chlorine that is put in treated water (kills harmful bacteria) but you don't hear people asking for the water to not be chlorinated.

Someone needs to get on that
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Rocinante wrote:They recently started adding fluoride to the water in my city (which they've been doing in Michigan since -- I think the 1960s) and there was a vocal minority that was just livid about it. I talked to the top person in the State department of health, who happens to work in my building and she was just dumbfounded by the resistance. All legitimate research points to fluoridation lowering dental costs significantly in areas where it's done, and the cost is nearly zero. With the number of people without dental insurance, you would think this would be welcomed, but it's not.

I've real some of the links that anti-fluoride folks have posted int he local media, and it's generally unsubstantiated hearsay. Any of you quacks want to explain the resistance?

They started putting fluoride in water in the 40's because not enough people got it in toothpaste or mouthwash. The US government just reduced the recommended levels of fluoride for the first time in over 50 years. http://time.com/3837133/fluoride-drinking-water-teeth/
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:

That's what I'm getting at.  I don't consider fluoride to be medication. Yes it has health benefits... but so does the chlorine that is put in treated water (kills harmful bacteria) but you don't hear people asking for the water to not be chlorinated.

Groundwater also has natural levels of arsenic. Wait until the government tries to add arsenic to the water. Or radon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

That's what I'm getting at.  I don't consider fluoride to be medication. Yes it has health benefits... but so does the chlorine that is put in treated water (kills harmful bacteria) but you don't hear people asking for the water to not be chlorinated.

Groundwater also has natural levels of arsenic. Wait until the government tries to add arsenic to the water. Or radon.

I get the feeling you're not taking this seriously.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Because I have been brainwashed not to take this issue seriously.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm very anti-fluoride but have given up trying to convince anyone it should not be added to tap water by municipalities.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:03 pm

It strikes me as kind of weird (forced medication)... but if there aren't any adverse health affects it's bitching for the sake of bitching.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:05 pm

The Pantry wrote:I'm very anti-fluoride but have given up trying to convince anyone it should not be added to tap water by municipalities.
The pro-cow shit in his milk, anti-vaxxer is also against fluoridation... Whdothunkdit Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   2599972566
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Do they still do the fluoride cramming in grade school like back in the 60s? Can't remember if my kids had that in the 90s or not.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Not totally anti-vaccine but do believe they are over-used.

btw...your milk scare tactics are getting old.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:53 pm

The Pantry wrote:I'm very anti-fluoride but have given up trying to convince anyone it should not be added to tap water by municipalities.

Why do you hate nice teeth ? British ?
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:00 pm

xsanguine wrote:It strikes me as kind of weird (forced medication)... but if there aren't any adverse health affects it's bitching for the sake of bitching.

Wow, wow, wow. At no point and time is forced medication alright. It's a slippery slope to mass sterilization and then youth in Asia.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 pm

I'm all ears. Why anti fluoride?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
This guy clearly has never had a sip of the High Life

Or grabbed the Silver Bullet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:23 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Google is your friend. Even EPA scientists oppose water fluoridation
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:It strikes me as kind of weird (forced medication)... but if there aren't any adverse health affects it's bitching for the sake of bitching.

Wow, wow, wow. At no point and time is forced medication alright. It's a slippery slope to mass sterilization and then youth in Asia.

Are they planning to sterilize everybody residing in Massachusetts or all of those people who were born Massachusetts?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I guess some people do not liked to be forcefully medicated. I have a well (which means I live in deep poverty) so the fluoride thing is non-issue for me, but sometimes I get scared they secretly spray the rural areas with prozac in the middle of the night.

If that's something that worries you, then they aren't.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:

If all you are is ears, then you don't need fluoride.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Are they planning to sterilize everybody residing in Massachusetts or all of those people who were born Massachusetts?

Just people attending services at Catholic churches on Sunday, October 4th 2020.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Just people attending services at Catholic churches on Sunday, October 4th 2020.

Phew. There is absolutely no chance in Hell that I'll be there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Because you'll be preparing to watch the Lions, or because your favorite cargo jorts will be in the wash after getting super dirty at Bob's MSU tailgate the day before?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:36 pm

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Google is your friend. Even EPA scientists oppose water fluoridation

Not true.
he EPA is against fluoridation?
A quote is given on the "Safe Water" website along with something which could be construed as the Environmental Protection Agency logo. The quote suggests that the EPA does not support community water fluoridation. And again, this is highly deceptive! In the first place, the EPA is barred, by law, from either opposing or endorsing fluoridation of municipal water supplies. But they are not barred from making statements about fluoride's effectiveness in fighting cavities or in its safety. Let's see what the EPA really says about the cavity-fighting effectiveness of fluoridation: "Fluoride in drinking water at levels of about 1 ppm reduces the number of dental cavities." (Reference: 51 Fed Reg 1140, 1986.) With regard to safety, the EPA says "There exists no directly applicable scientific documentation of adverse medical effects at levels of fluoride below 8mg/liter." (Reference: 62 Fed Reg 64297, 1997.)

Later on, the anti's site states explicitly that the EPA is against fluoride, and it cites a vote opposing water fluoridation by one local union of the National Treasury Employees Union (Chapter 280) at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This vote was taken at a meeting attended by less than 20 members of the union which is over 1000 strong. In fact, the "ringleader" of the 20 members who voted to oppose fluoride, Bill Hirzy, is the first to admit that he does not represent the position of the EPA. However, the antifluoridationists tend to see that distinction as unimportant and instead try to mislead the public into believing that the EPA is against water fluoridation.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Because you'll be preparing to watch the Lions, or because your favorite cargo jorts will be in the wash after getting super dirty at Bob's MSU tailgate the day before?

Because I'm a heathen. And I don't wear jorts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:50 pm

GirbaudJeans wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Google is your friend. Even EPA scientists oppose water fluoridation

Not true.
A quote is given on the "Safe Water" website along with something which could be construed as the Environmental Protection Agency logo. The quote suggests that the EPA does not support community water fluoridation. And again, this is highly deceptive! In the first place, the EPA is barred, by law, from either opposing or endorsing fluoridation of municipal water supplies. But they are not barred from making statements about fluoride's effectiveness in fighting cavities or in its safety. Let's see what the EPA really says about the cavity-fighting effectiveness of fluoridation: "Fluoride in drinking water at levels of about 1 ppm reduces the number of dental cavities." (Reference: 51 Fed Reg 1140, 1986.) With regard to safety, the EPA says "There exists no directly applicable scientific documentation of adverse medical effects at levels of fluoride below 8mg/liter." (Reference: 62 Fed Reg 64297, 1997.)

Later on, the anti's site states explicitly that the EPA is against fluoride, and it cites a vote opposing water fluoridation by one local union of the National Treasury Employees Union (Chapter 280) at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This vote was taken at a meeting attended by less than 20 members of the union which is over 1000 strong. In fact, the "ringleader" of the 20 members who voted to oppose fluoride, Bill Hirzy, is the first to admit that he does not represent the position of the EPA. However, the antifluoridationists tend to see that distinction as unimportant and instead try to mislead the public into believing that the EPA is against water fluoridation.
Settle-down there, designer jeans dude.

Again, I have no interest in getting into battles like this any longer because:
1) I will never change your mind
2) You will never change my mind
3) You're wrong, just like my stalker Gomer Wink
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:52 pm

The Pantry wrote:
GirbaudJeans wrote:

Not true.

Settle-down there, designer jeans dude.

Again, I have no interest in getting into battles like this any longer because:
1) I will never change your mind
2) You will never change my mind
3) You're wrong, just like my stalker Gomer Wink

I'm genuinely curious is there a source or link you'd recommend?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next