Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

+18
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Cameron
tGreenWay
GirbaudJeans
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
xsanguine
The Pantry
Izzo Court
Brock Middlebrook
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 Empty Re: Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-28, 13:59

Gomer wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's what I thought. Not enough is being written about that. As for the leaching, that's another story that is under reported.  Now, the BPA-free plastic is under scrutiny.

Not enough is being written about many of the negative externalities of our excessive lifestyles. They want everything cheap so we can all buy more of it and make them more money; and that cheapness is hidden away in the ocean, or underground, or in the atmosphere, or far away lands.

Plenty is being written. It just does not sell as well.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 Empty Re: Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-28, 14:02

Turtleneck wrote:
Gomer wrote:
Not enough is being written about many of the negative externalities of our excessive lifestyles. They want everything cheap so we can all buy more of it and make them more money; and that cheapness is hidden away in the ocean, or underground, or in the atmosphere, or far away lands.

Let's convince People Magazine to put an island of floating ocean garbage on the cover instead of the Royals or Duggars.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-28, 14:52

Turtleneck wrote:
Gomer wrote:

I disagree. The signal to noise ratio is extremely weak. This thread is case in point.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-07-28, 17:11

Gomer wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Don't get your panties in a bunch...they all get recycled.
Yeah, jackass. He recycles them! After all the energy goes into making the bottle. And hauling it in a truck to a distribution center. And hauling it to the Walmart. And then unloading it with a forklift. And ten driving to the store to get it. And then driving back. And then the recycling truck has to come get it and take it to another distribution center. Where another truck comes and gets it. To put it on a boat to China.

All because this wackadoo is afraid of tap water. The highest quality potable water that people in developing countries would die for.

Unless of course he recycles incorrectly and it just gets thrown in the dump
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-29, 23:38

Gomer wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Check the map on the right side.  Think Michigan needs additional fluoride in municipal water supplies just to prevent tooth decay?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicity
Part of your problem might be that you're functionally illiterate.

Yes. Check out the map. Please. Check out the map. For the love of GOD, check out the map.

What is the map:
"Geographical areas associated with groundwater fluoride concentrations above 1.5 mg/L"

GROUNDWATER! GROUNDWATER!

GROUNDWATER has levels of fluoride over 1.5 mg/L.

You live in Troy. Your tapwater is from the Detroit River. That's SURFACE WATER. SURFACE WATER. It's above (AKA higher than the) ground.

The water in Troy is fluoridated to 0.7 mg/L. LESS THAN HALF of that of what is NATURALLY occurring in all the rural water systems that are fed with groundwater wells.

You've got your head up your ass for the most part which is your god given right - Murica! Just keep your mouth shut up there though.

Tell me again what map to check and what the "problem" with fluoridation is Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 502811600
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-03-29, 23:40

Digging your hole even deeper
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-03-29, 23:44

The Pantry wrote:Digging your hole even deeper
Maybe I'll hit some groundwater with too much fluoride in it Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 2599972566

"check out the map"
Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 1966794946
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-29, 23:51

The Pantry wrote:
GirbaudJeans wrote:

This is typical conspiracy theorists play.  A claim is thoroughly debunked and sourced, fingers go into ears.
Cool that it has been debunked to your satisfaction.  Not mine.  

Feel free to ingest whatever the government has deemed safe, including tap water purposely laced with fluoride under the premise it reduces cavities.  

Fluoride is highly toxic. Arguably more toxic than lead.  Why anyone would want to consume more fluoride than naturally occurs in nature under the premise it is good for your teeth, while disregarding affects on the rest of the body, is beyond me.

Pretty sure you're the one with thumbs in ears, and fingers simultaneously over your eyes.  You owe your kids more than to think that shallow.

Jesus H. Christ. I never knew you were a crazy person until now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-30, 00:51

Why can't the gubmint just provide clean water to the tap and let me add fluoride if I want to? I mean, they can even tell me the "recommended dose" or whatever.

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 2089274d1452906506-meme-image
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-30, 07:31

Rocinante wrote:They recently started adding fluoride to the water in my city (which they've been doing in Michigan since -- I think the 1960s) and there was a vocal minority that was just livid about it. I talked to the top person in the State department of health, who happens to work in my building and she was just dumbfounded by the resistance. All legitimate research points to fluoridation lowering dental costs significantly in areas where it's done, and the cost is nearly zero. With the number of people without dental insurance, you would think this would be welcomed, but it's not.

I've real some of the links that anti-fluoride folks have posted int he local media, and it's generally unsubstantiated hearsay. Any of you quacks want to explain the resistance?

Old enough to remember the switch in Michigan. For some reason, you could really taste a difference. Now, it's not a thing to me. I'm assuming I'm fine, and I also assume it's helped my teeth. Not too paranoid about it. Shit, I've made it to 54, don't plan on more than about 20-25 more years, God willing. Who wants to live till they're pissing thier pants anyway.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2016-03-30, 08:27

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Sure. Alcohol is poisonous. Everything in moderation.

Actually wrote an article for a newsletter about carcinogens in BBQ about 12 years ago that advocated a method to reduce them. Have it on paper somewhere in the house but don't care to look for it. Over the years since ended up deciding BBQ was one of the least things to be concerned about.

Drink tap water occasionally after running out of bottled spring water, then it's time to go to the store. City tap water has a nasty taste. Probably more to do with the chloride than fluoride.

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 Brita
Jeez, save some $$ with one of these

this is what i use, but it does nothing to remove the fluoride or chlorine. but then again, over the last 5 years i've grown a prehensile tail.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-30, 13:13

So glad this got bumped. Good read.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-30, 14:10

AMwood wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 3 Brita
Jeez, save some $$ with one of these

this is what i use, but it does nothing to remove the fluoride or chlorine. but then again, over the last 5 years i've grown a prehensile tail.

Those things are kind of a pain the ass if you drink a lot of water (read I'm lazy).  I don't have a dog in this fluoride fight, but you'll have to pry my $1 bottle of water from my cold dead hands.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-28, 19:08

This is the kind of discussion tSwill was built for.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3