Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

+18
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Cameron
tGreenWay
GirbaudJeans
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
xsanguine
The Pantry
Izzo Court
Brock Middlebrook
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-07-27, 22:00

The Pantry wrote:
GirbaudJeans wrote:

Not true.
he EPA is against fluoridation?
A quote is given on the "Safe Water" website along with something which could be construed as the Environmental Protection Agency logo. The quote suggests that the EPA does not support community water fluoridation. And again, this is highly deceptive! In the first place, the EPA is barred, by law, from either opposing or endorsing fluoridation of municipal water supplies. But they are not barred from making statements about fluoride's effectiveness in fighting cavities or in its safety. Let's see what the EPA really says about the cavity-fighting effectiveness of fluoridation: "Fluoride in drinking water at levels of about 1 ppm reduces the number of dental cavities." (Reference: 51 Fed Reg 1140, 1986.) With regard to safety, the EPA says "There exists no directly applicable scientific documentation of adverse medical effects at levels of fluoride below 8mg/liter." (Reference: 62 Fed Reg 64297, 1997.)

Later on, the anti's site states explicitly that the EPA is against fluoride, and it cites a vote opposing water fluoridation by one local union of the National Treasury Employees Union (Chapter 280) at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This vote was taken at a meeting attended by less than 20 members of the union which is over 1000 strong. In fact, the "ringleader" of the 20 members who voted to oppose fluoride, Bill Hirzy, is the first to admit that he does not represent the position of the EPA. However, the antifluoridationists tend to see that distinction as unimportant and instead try to mislead the public into believing that the EPA is against water fluoridation.
Settle-down there, designer jeans dude.

Again, I have no interest in getting into battles like this any longer because:
1) I will never change your mind
2) You will never change my mind
3) You're wrong, just like my stalker Gomer Wink

This is typical conspiracy theorists play. A claim is thoroughly debunked and sourced, fingers go into ears.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Fluoride: The scourge of Wyoming.

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-27, 22:04

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Because you'll be preparing to watch the Lions, or because your favorite cargo jorts will be in the wash after getting super dirty at Bob's MSU tailgate the day before?

Because I'm a heathen. And I don't wear jorts.

Just carts (cargo shorts)?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-07-27, 22:09

Seriously though Pantry, i am actually curious of your thought process here. You drink alcohol which people poison themselves to death with daily, you eat delicious BBQ which has known carcinogens from the burning/smoking of the meat but you are worried about something that is 1 part per million. Which do you really think is worse for you ? Also, do you drink a ton of water from the tap ?
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-07-27, 22:52

tPantry iz moran?

Who knew? I always thought he seemed alright, but maybe that was just because I like his avatar...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-27, 22:56

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Because I'm a heathen. And I don't wear jorts.

Just carts (cargo shorts)?

I prefer to call them corts and not carts. I'm very pleased with my corts, and wish I'd worn them today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-27, 22:57

GirbaudJeans wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Settle-down there, designer jeans dude.

This is typical conspiracy theorists play. A claim is thoroughly debunked and sourced, fingers go into ears.
Cool that it has been debunked to your satisfaction. Not mine.

Feel free to ingest whatever the government has deemed safe, including tap water purposely laced with fluoride under the premise it reduces cavities.

Fluoride is highly toxic. Arguably more toxic than lead. Why anyone would want to consume more fluoride than naturally occurs in nature under the premise it is good for your teeth, while disregarding affects on the rest of the body, is beyond me.

Pretty sure you're the one with thumbs in ears, and fingers simultaneously over your eyes. You owe your kids more than to think that shallow.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-27, 22:59

GirbaudJeans wrote:Seriously though Pantry, i am actually curious of your thought process here. You drink alcohol which people poison themselves to death with daily, you eat delicious BBQ which has known carcinogens from the burning/smoking of the meat but you are worried about something that is 1 part per million. Which do you really think is worse for you ? Also, do you drink a ton of water from the tap ?

Not to mention that fluoride is a naturally occurring *mineral* in almost all water. It's not like forced medication at all. It's a mineral. But, I'm way more fascinated by the anti-vaccine mentality, and by fascinated, I mean frustrated.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-07-27, 23:03

The Pantry wrote:
GirbaudJeans wrote:

Feel free to ingest whatever the government has deemed safe, including tap water purposely laced with fluoride under the premise it reduces cavities.

Fluoride is highly toxic. Arguably more toxic than lead. Why anyone would want to consume more fluoride than naturally occurs in nature under the premise it is good for your teeth, while disregarding affects on the rest of the body, is beyond me.

Pretty sure you're the one with thumbs in ears, and fingers simultaneously over your eyes. You owe your kids more than to think that shallow.

You made a claim that the EPA was against fluoridation and I sourced from the EPA that says they are not. How does that not satisfy you ? Fluoride in drinking water at levels of about 1 ppm reduces the number of dental cavities." (Reference: 51 Fed Reg 1140, 1986.) With regard to safety, the EPA says "There exists no directly applicable scientific documentation of adverse medical effects at levels of fluoride below 8mg/liter." (Reference: 62 Fed Reg 64297, 1997.)

GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-27, 23:08

The Pantry wrote:Settle-down there, designer jeans dude.

4) I'm a dipshit taking insupportable positions
5) Thankfully I've grown aware if this and have stopped foisting it upon others

FIFY

As for stalking... you regularly inject this nonsense into random posts at TOS to try to bait me into arguing with your dumb ass Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-27, 23:14

The Pantry wrote:
GirbaudJeans wrote:

As pointed out earlier, chlorine is far more toxic than fluoride. 'Course considering you like cow-shit milk you probably think chlorination is killing us all too.

As for "more fluoride than naturally occurs in nature" there are many natural drinking water sources that have higher levels of natural fluorine than what is added to municipal tap water.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-27, 23:19

Saw guys in the military from places without fluoride in the water and their teeth were bombed out compared to city dwellers.

However if you use a flouridated toothpaste twice a day it probably has the same effect as the stuff in your water.

Have read some of the anti stuff and several cite the lower levels of poor dental health but as both insurance and state/county dental programs for the uninsured get cut it might not take too many years go back to where we were 60-70 years ago.

My parents used to tell of the fights GR had when they started adding flouride to the GR water supply.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-27, 23:20

GirbaudJeans wrote:Seriously though Pantry, i am actually curious of your thought process here. You drink alcohol which people poison themselves to death with daily, you eat delicious BBQ which has known carcinogens from the burning/smoking of the meat but you are worried about something that is 1 part per million. Which do you really think is worse for you ? Also, do you drink a ton of water from the tap ?
Sure. Alcohol is poisonous. Everything in moderation.

Actually wrote an article for a newsletter about carcinogens in BBQ about 12 years ago that advocated a method to reduce them. Have it on paper somewhere in the house but don't care to look for it. Over the years since ended up deciding BBQ was one of the least things to be concerned about.

Drink tap water occasionally after running out of bottled spring water, then it's time to go to the store. City tap water has a nasty taste. Probably more to do with the chloride than fluoride.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-27, 23:24

The Pantry wrote:

Actually wrote an article for a newsletter about carcinogens in BBQ about 12 years ago that advocated a method to reduce them. Have it on paper somewhere in the house but don't care to look for it. Over the years since ended up deciding BBQ was one of the least things to be concerned about.

Drink tap water occasionally after running out of bottled spring water, then it's time to go to the store. City tap water has a nasty taste. Probably more to do with the chloride than fluoride.
BBQ carcinogens is seriously real. Far more so than fluoride bogeymen. You were on the right track!
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-27, 23:28

Gomer wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Cool that it has been debunked to your satisfaction.  Not mine.  

Fluoride is highly toxic. Arguably more toxic than lead.  Why anyone would want to consume more fluoride than naturally occurs in nature under the premise it is good for your teeth, while disregarding affects on the rest of the body, is beyond me.

Pretty sure you're the one with thumbs in ears, and fingers simultaneously over your eyes.  You owe your kids more than to think that shallow.

As pointed out earlier, chlorine is far more toxic than fluoride.  'Course considering you like cow-shit milk you probably think chlorination is killing us all too.

As for "more fluoride than naturally occurs in nature" there are many natural drinking water sources that have higher levels of natural fluorine than what is added to municipal tap water.
Check the map on the right side.  Think Michigan needs additional fluoride in municipal water supplies just to prevent tooth decay?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicity
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-27, 23:39

The Pantry wrote:
Gomer wrote:

As pointed out earlier, chlorine is far more toxic than fluoride.  'Course considering you like cow-shit milk you probably think chlorination is killing us all too.

Check the map on the right side.  Think Michigan needs additional fluoride in municipal water supplies just to prevent tooth decay?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicity
Part of your problem might be that you're functionally illiterate.

Yes. Check out the map. Please. Check out the map. For the love of GOD, check out the map.

What is the map:
"Geographical areas associated with groundwater fluoride concentrations above 1.5 mg/L"

GROUNDWATER! GROUNDWATER!

GROUNDWATER has levels of fluoride over 1.5 mg/L.

You live in Troy. Your tapwater is from the Detroit River. That's SURFACE WATER. SURFACE WATER. It's above (AKA higher than the) ground.

The water in Troy is fluoridated to 0.7 mg/L. LESS THAN HALF of that of what is NATURALLY occurring in all the rural water systems that are fed with groundwater wells.

You've got your head up your ass for the most part which is your god given right - Murica! Just keep your mouth shut up there though.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-27, 23:48

GRR Spartan wrote:Saw guys in the military from places without fluoride in the water and their teeth were bombed out compared to city dwellers.  

Amazing new inventions that could be used in place of fluoridated water....

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Toothpaste_rgb_p

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Article-2462132-14D09B01000005DC-170_634x286

Maybe government should come to our houses and order us - at gun point of course - to brush our teeth.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-07-28, 02:01; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-27, 23:53

You can shut up with your believed political correctness, Gomer. You'll never see anything beyond what your self-imposed blinders will allow.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-27, 23:59

The Pantry wrote:You can shut up with your believed political correctness, Gomer. You'll never see anything beyond what your self-imposed blinders will allow.
Political correctness Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600
Self-imposed blinders Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600

You ought to open YOUR eyes and look at your maps a bit more closely before you yammer at me about blinders Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 00:01

Turtleneck wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Saw guys in the military from places without fluoride in the water and their teeth were bombed out compared to city dwellers.  

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Article-2462132-14D09B01000005DC-170_634x286

Maybe government should come to our houses and order us - at gun point of course - to brush out teeth.

Your choice to brush or not to brush with fluoridated toothpaste or move to an area with fluoride in the water.
You can also get Absopure to deliver to your home.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-28, 00:25

GRR Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Maybe government should come to our houses and order us - at gun point of course - to brush out teeth.

Your choice  

Exactly. Our bodies our choices. Keep government out of our mouths.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-07-28, 02:38; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-07-28, 00:42

The Pantry wrote:

Drink tap water occasionally after running out of bottled spring water, then it's time to go to the store.

you gone
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-28, 02:19

Turtleneck wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Your choice

Exactly. Our bodies our choices of bodies. Keep government out of our mouths.

I guess it's also a choice for a jackass to go to the emergency room for an infected jaw when his teeth are rotting out. And it's my choice to pay for the uninsured ass' medical treatment. Wait, no it's not. I have to pay.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-28, 02:47

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I guess it's also a choice for a jackass to go to the emergency room for an infected jaw when his teeth are rotting out. And it's my choice to pay for the uninsured ass' medical treatment. Wait, no it's not. I have to pay.

Tell yourself that while digging irrigation ditches at one of Obama's labor camps (which FEMA has been preparing since Katrina). He is going to lead a military takeover and live out his days as a dictator. It's what the Trilateral Commission wants.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 07:26

Are the black helicopters real or do they appear as a result of the hallucigenic effects of fluoride in drinking water?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-28, 07:52

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Actually the biggest issue arising  from poor dental health is cardiac disease.  The same bugs that are infecting the nerve(s) in your decaying teeth get into your bloodstream and take up residence in your heart deteriorating the heart valves.  The infections also reduce your immune system so you are more likely to have a cold go to pneumonia.

GR was the first city in the U.S. to add fluoride to its water in 1945.  Now it's in about 70% of all public water systems.

Prior to WW2 extractions, false teeth and bridges were often the major portions of a dentist's practice.  WW2 was a huge wake up call because the government realized the men in service couldn't lose man hours to tooth aches and at home for the first time there was a severe labor shortage for factories.  After WW2 people in public health started paying attention to fluoride studies.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-07-28, 08:48; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-28, 08:28

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Drink tap water occasionally after running out of bottled spring water, then it's time to go to the store.

you gone

The real asshole here is the guy still buying plastic water bottles.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-07-28, 08:47

GRR Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Actually the biggest issue arising from poor dental health is cardiac disease. The same bugs that are infecting the nerve(s) in your decaying tech get into your bloodstream and take up residence in your heart deteriorating the heart valves. The infections also reduce your immune system so you are more likely to have a cold go to pneumonia.

GR was the first city in the U.S. to add fluoride to its water in 1945. Now it's in about 70% of all public water systems.

Prior to WW2 extractions, false teeth and bridges were often the major portions of a dentist's practice. WW2 was a huge wake up call because the government realized the men in service couldn't lose man hours to tooth aches and at home for the first time there was a severe labor shortage for factories. After WW2 people in public health started paying attention to fluoride studies.

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 The_more_you_know_by_stathisnhx-d33639v
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-28, 08:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

you gone

Don't get your panties in a bunch...they all get recycled.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-28, 09:09

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

you gone

The real suckers are the people buying bottled water at all.   The biggest marketing scam of the 20th century.   Here, let me bottle up some Detroit tap water and sell it to you at $1 a bottle!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-28, 09:14

LooseGoose wrote:

The real suckers are the people buying bottled water at all.   The biggest marketing scam of the 20th century.   Here, let me bottle up some Detroit tap water and sell it to you at $1 a bottle!!!
This is probably true in the US, and a few other countries, but in a lot of places in the world, it is only safe to drink bottled water. Because of that, my wife always wants bottled water around, so we usually have 1 or 2 cases, but that lasts 3 or 4 months.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-28, 09:50

The Pantry wrote:

Yeah, jackass. He recycles them! After all the energy goes into making the bottle. And hauling it in a truck to a distribution center. And hauling it to the Walmart. And then unloading it with a forklift. And ten driving to the store to get it. And then driving back. And then the recycling truck has to come get it and take it to another distribution center. Where another truck comes and gets it. To put it on a boat to China.

All because this wackadoo is afraid of tap water. The highest quality potable water that people in developing countries would die for.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-28, 09:51

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 502811600

This thread went beyond my expectations.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-28, 10:39

Gomer wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Yeah, jackass. He recycles them! After all the energy goes into making the bottle. And hauling it in a truck to a distribution center. And hauling it to the Walmart. And then unloading it with a forklift. And ten driving to the store to get it. And then driving back. And then the recycling truck has to come get it and take it to another distribution center. Where another truck comes and gets it. To put it on a boat to China.

All because this wackadoo is afraid of tap water. The highest quality potable water that people in developing countries would die for.

Didn't China recently stop taking in our plastic? Or was that just bluster.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-28, 10:41

Also, Pantry, do you use a cell phone? What's your take on that research?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-28, 11:15

tGreenWay wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Didn't China recently stop taking in our plastic?  Or was that just bluster.
Yeah. A lot of it is just going to the landfill now. Way to go, Pantry.

Don't even get me started on the health effects of drinking water that's had all the plastic chemicals leaching into it while it sits in a hot truck. But watch out! Fluoride!!!
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-28, 11:42

Speaking of Wyoming, I saw it was snowing pretty good there for July.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming:

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Uuuncq3
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-28, 11:47

I'll say one thing since you guys are doing great, I hate how stingy they are in Europe re: drinking water. At restaurants and the like.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-07-28, 12:24

The Pantry wrote:

Fluoride:  The scourge of Wyoming.   - Page 2 Brita
Jeez, save some $$ with one of these
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-28, 13:21

Gomer wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Didn't China recently stop taking in our plastic?  Or was that just bluster.

Don't even get me started on the health effects of drinking water that's had all the plastic chemicals leaching into it while it sits in a hot truck. But watch out! Fluoride!!!

That's what I thought. Not enough is being written about that. As for the leaching, that's another story that is under reported. Now, the BPA-free plastic is under scrutiny.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-28, 13:46

tGreenWay wrote:
Gomer wrote:

That's what I thought. Not enough is being written about that. As for the leaching, that's another story that is under reported.  Now, the BPA-free plastic is under scrutiny.

Not enough is being written about many of the negative externalities of our excessive lifestyles. They want everything cheap so we can all buy more of it and make them more money; and that cheapness is hidden away in the ocean, or underground, or in the atmosphere, or far away lands.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next