Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon?

+9
HT
Brock Middlebrook
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
goodbar
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Giant Moose
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? Empty So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon?

Post by Giant Moose Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:15

Schager also answered a few questions regarding MSU’s attempt to “Stripe the Stadium” for Michigan State’s home opener against Oregon on Saturday night, September 12th.

No, there will not be a t-shirt distribution inside Spartan Stadium.

Yes, the even/odd, green/white information will be printed on the game tickets.

MSU expects to do some licensing department promotion for this game through retailers in conjunction with their new licensing partner, CLC. The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) was selected as the exclusive trademark licensing representative for Michigan State University last month, ending MSU’s independent licensing program that had been run through the university since its inception.

Asked about whether Spartan fans can pull off an alternating color pattern in Spartan Stadium when the perception of some fans is that Breslin Center attendees have had difficulty with “White Out” promotions in the past, Schager said he thinks the fans will get it done.

“We haven’t done a lot of these things, we haven’t gone overboard,” he said. “But this is a big enough game – we wanted to give the fans the ability to participate in something unique.”

http://isportsweb.com/2015/07/29/michigan-state-football-no-wholesale-changes-for-the-student-section/

Can someone please tell MSU that if they're going to do these types of things, that they have to provide the shirt?

The NBA figured that out and it's a huge advantage. (the NY Times had a great article about the free t-shirt giveaway phenomenon and how much it has helped stadium atmosphere -- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/19/sports/basketball/in-sea-of-t-shirts-nba-hits-all-of-its-marketing-notes.html)
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? Empty Re: So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:17

“But this is a big enough game – we wanted to give the fans the ability to participate in something unique.”

and nothing screams "unique" like every other person dressing alike.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? Empty Re: So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
“But this is a big enough game – we wanted to give the fans the ability to participate in something unique.”

and things that have been done in every other stadium in the country.

but, whatever, wear what they want you to, don't, the games on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:21

Its not going to work, not as well as they want it to work. Message board fans going to the game will account for <1%. Those paying attention to local news and papers will = maybe 10%, those looking at their tickets might be 4%, so maybe 15% of those that go will know what's going on. The other 85% will wear whatever they normally wear and then go 'oh shit!' when they get to the stadium and see what they are supposed to wear.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

the students that enjoy dressing like Tinky Winky, Dora the Explorer and Thomas the Train will have a very difficult time trying to blend into this new color scheme.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

the students that enjoy dressing like Tinky Winky, Dora the Explorer and Thomas the Train will have a very difficult time trying to blend into this new color scheme.

I think the point of those costumes, is to stick out, Bob. So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 4113017228
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My hope is that the stripe out of green and white goes well, and then MSU wears the new bronze helmets that don't have a stripe.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:26

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My hope is that the stripe out of green and white goes well, and then MSU wears the new bronze helmets that don't have a stripe.

Isn't it pretty much a guarantee that we will wear the alts for the Oregon game?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:28

Giant Moose wrote:

Isn't it pretty much a guarantee that we will wear the alts for the Oregon game?
I'm not sure. In the recent past, we've seemed to only wear our special stuff when we play non-Nike schools (pro combats vs. Michigan, chrome helmets vs. Nebraska and Michigan).
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:28

Giant Moose wrote:

I'm really hoping for bronze and black..

GO BRONZE!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:30

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 502811600

Welcome back, Bob.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 502811600

Welcome back, Bob.
Thanks, dude.. I am so pumped for football season.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 502811600

Welcome back, Bob.
Thanks, dude.. I am so pumped for football season.
Will you have a special bronze and black pro combat bike this year, Mr. Spirit?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:37

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Thanks, dude.. I am so pumped for football season.
I'll be riding the Nike hydrophillic iO2 MSUapalooza bike specially designed for games on aircraft carriers..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 11:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
I'll be riding the Nike hydrophillic iO2 MSUapalooza bike specially designed for games on aircraft carriers..
Does it come in a special broken-wheel edition for anytime we play North Carolina in hoops?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I'll be wearing my pro-mesh cutoff tank top paired with the hyper-rip high cut flex jorts.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:16

I would like to see us support our athletic program rather than make snarky comments, you guys. Thanks.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:17

Rocinante wrote:I would like to see us support our athletic program rather than make snarky comments, you guys. Thanks.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:18

Rocinante wrote:I would like to see us support our athletic program rather than make snarky comments, you guys. Thanks.
relax dude.. I'm the biggest athletic supporter here and you know it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:22

This comment caused my shield to raise. So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 1833121890

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? QuyXSBS
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:24

Giant Moose wrote:
This comment caused my shield to raise. So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 1833121890

it's market-researched public service announcements such as this that confirms the fact that I chose the right school years ago.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:25

85% of msu fans in the stands think it is acceptable
to applaud the visiting team as they are introduced.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

it's market-researched public service announcements such as this that confirms the fact that I chose the right school years ago.

don't forget the fact that we also have some of the highest priced nike fan gear available to us.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:32

I wonder what percentage of MSU fans in the stands think it's appropriate to censor and ban a fellow Spartan for daring to not only have, but to voice, a thought different from theirs?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:85% of msu fans in the stands think it is acceptable
to applaud the visiting team as they are introduced.

89% of MSU fans in the stands think it's unacceptable to stand in the stands, and further ask that you stay off their lawns!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:45

I'm not too worried about it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 13:45

64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot.. and 82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 14:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot.. and 82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not

Only 42% of me believes this
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 14:30

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot.. and 82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 14:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:

You always have an answer, as a True Spartan should. I commend you.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 14:53

Worse than our late-October whiteouts against Michigan.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 14:57

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You always have an answer, as a True Spartan should. I commend you.
thanks, dude. Just trying to keep people satisfied.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 15:28

My sarcasm detector needle just shattered into a million tiny pieces. Who the fuck is going to clean up this mess?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 15:31

tGreenWay wrote:My sarcasm detector needle just shattered into a million tiny pieces. Who the fuck is going to clean up this mess?
the Sunday after every home game, a local club, organization, sports team (usually associated with schools but not always) receive a lump sum for cleaning up Spartan Stadium. Believe it or not, it's run very efficiently and usually completed in less than 2 hours.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 15:38

I've been to the Louvre, the grand canyon and I've seen numerous sunsets over the coasts. Nothing would top a green and white striped Spartan Stadium on a Saturday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 15:40

steveschneider wrote:I've been to the Louvre, the grand canyon and I've seen numerous sunsets over the coasts. Nothing would top a green and white striped Spartan Stadium on a Saturday.
Its going to look Black and White. How is the dark green going to stick out under the lights? This would be better to try during the day. Bronze and White would work a lot better.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 16:02

by steveschneider Yesterday at 2:38 pm
I've been to the Louvre, the grand canyon and I've seen numerous sunsets over the coasts. Nothing would top a green and white striped Spartan Stadium on a Saturday.

Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 9910325_f260

Last edited by goodbar on Thu 30 Jul 2015 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 16:48

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I've been to the Louvre, the grand canyon and I've seen numerous sunsets over the coasts. Nothing would top a green and white striped Spartan Stadium on a Saturday.
Its going to look Black and White. How is the dark green going to stick out under the lights? This would be better to try during the day. Bronze and White would work a lot better.

"50 shades of Green," the history of Spartan Athletics
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 19:21

Where will that guy on the left sit? So many questions...

So how bad will "Stripe the Stadium" go against Oregon? 3217456
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 20:01

Complete failure
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next