Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

+28
MiamiSpartan
MasonGuy
Jethro Bodeen
SeeRockCity
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
tanfan!
Jaheab
Death Roe
tGreenWay
y2kMgrad
By-Tor
NigelUno
duffy munn
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
The_Dude
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... Empty People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-13, 19:03

What's your reasoning? Are you intimated pussays? Really dislike it that much where you don't even have a good time? I've always had a good time there, especially since we've won 2 out of the last 3, yeah?

I don't really have a problem with your preference, just kind of curious. Go green.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... Empty Re: People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-13, 19:04

I knew a guy who wouldn't go to AA so USC fired him.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... Empty Re: People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium...

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-13, 19:07

Giant Moose wrote:I knew a guy who wouldn't go to AA so USC fired him.
Well played.

I've been to the sink hole twice, '84 and '86. The seating was terrible then and it's probably worse now. Will not go back.

Forgot about '74, my first college football game when they played Purdue. Free tickets.  I was mostly a Buckeye fan at the time so I cheered for Purdue.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2015-10-13, 19:13; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-13, 19:11

bobby Sak and I are mountain biking the running some trail and later getting a calf tattoo of Johnny Spirit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-13, 19:12

Still on the fence if i want to go or not.

As I said before, the ticket is one of my sisters (um alum, let's be honest, you really want pics? Regardless, shut up you child.) season tickets there, so a) I have to be cordial, as I would expect her to do at spartan stadium. She's gonna see those people she sits with next week and the week after and I don't want her to be known as the jerk with the asshole brother. B) one of us is going to be in a shitty mood on the 2 hour, 20 mile drive home. either way it will be somewhat miserable. C) yeah, I do kinda hate that city on big game days. Done it three times now. D) it really might just be more fun to go to my friends party with a bunch of msu people and a bunch of booze.

I dunno. Still on the fence, but I gotta make up my mind tonight.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-13, 19:13

Been there quite a few times, I have to admit the pre and post game parties are legit.  A lot better than MSU. You probably won't remember going.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-13, 19:19

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Been there quite a few times, I have to admit the pre and post game parties are legit.  A lot better than MSU. You probably won't remember going.

Bet you got some gear at Walmart before the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-10-13, 19:35

Been many times. At least you can tailgate......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-13, 19:39

Why didn't anyone say go white back to the thread topic...? No We are fucked.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-13, 19:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's your reasoning? Are you intimated pussays? Really dislike it that much where you don't even have a good time? I've always had a good time there, especially since we've won 2 out of the last 3, yeah?

I don't really have a problem with your preference, just kind of curious. Go green.

Agreed always a fun party.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-10-13, 20:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's your reasoning? Are you intimated pussays? Really dislike it that much where you don't even have a good time? I've always had a good time there, especially since we've won 2 out of the last 3, yeah?

I have this weird thing from childhood where I promised myself I would never visit the city of Ann Arbor even if it meant my public execution. I owe it to my 7 year old self to maintain that promise. Mainly it's because I'm still a child.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-13, 20:49

Every time I go I'm miserable there. 

It is impossible to get into and out of the city because of where and how it is set up. It is impossible to get into and out of the stadium. It is impossible to get to your seat. It is impossible to go to the bathroom, or get anything to eat or drink. And yes, the seats are too small. I guess I'm a decent sized dude but I'm not a giant or a fat ass and the last time I was there our whole row wound up standing, angled towards the field of play so everyone could fit. 

The people suck. I never have a problem with actual alums as they seem normal. Maybe I'm a class snob but the white trash talking shit with their ain'ts and their "I seens" tends to annoy the fuck out of me. Especially when it's unprovoked. I have a decent amount of class as a human and I expect that in return. I am not going to just insult anyone unprovoked. I expect the same in return but apparently that's asking too much of Cody from Eastpointe. I just don't need to deal with that shit. 

I've told myself I'm not going back there numerous times but I'm definitely at a place in my life where the effort involved to pull something like that off does not = the annoyances I'm going to encounter. If I'm taking a day away from my family and spending some coin to do it I'm doing it at a place I love (EL) or at least in a setting that I don't loathe, like Indy or Lincoln or something.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-13, 20:55

I just don't like to be around a bunch of people I don't like.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-13, 21:00

The only Big Ten town where I've had my vehicle vandalized...twice.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-13, 21:01

Herbie Green wrote:I just don't like to be around a bunch of people I don't like.

This is the tldr version of whiteboys which was also on point.

Don't like their fans, colors, fight song so I'll watch on TV and mute it when that garbage comes on
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-13, 21:02

56 and much prefer watching sporting events on TV now. Though it would be fun to fuck with Ann Arborites directly this week, I'm enjoying a particularly obnoxious Walverine co-worker that went to Oakland U. Guy is practically sucking Harblah's dick every time he opens his mouth.

Hasn't come up yet but he will offer a straight-up bet by Friday. I will accept.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-13, 21:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Every time I go I'm miserable there. 

It is impossible to get into and out of the city because of where and how it is set up. It is impossible to get into and out of the stadium. It is impossible to get to your seat. It is impossible to go to the bathroom, or get anything to eat or drink. And yes, the seats are too small. I guess I'm a decent sized dude but I'm not a giant or a fat ass and the last time I was there our whole row wound up standing, angled towards the field of play so everyone could fit. 

The people suck. I never have a problem with actual alums as they seem normal. Maybe I'm a class snob but the white trash talking shit with their ain'ts and their "I seens" tends to annoy the fuck out of me. Especially when it's unprovoked. I have a decent amount of class as a human and I expect that in return. I am not going to just insult anyone unprovoked. I expect the same in return but apparently that's asking too much of Cody from Eastpointe. I just don't need to deal with that shit. 

I've told myself I'm not going back there numerous times but I'm definitely at a place in my life where the effort involved to pull something like that off does not = the annoyances I'm going to encounter. If I'm taking a day away from my family and spending some coin to do it I'm doing it at a place I love (EL) or at least in a setting that I don't loathe, like Indy or Lincoln or something.

I think A2 is an overrated city. Just a bunch of chains on the Main Street. Nothing aesthetically pleasing about the city, no interesting architecture, nothing scenic in terms of nature. Very meh. The out skirts off campus is a compete eye sore.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-13, 21:14

Go White.

If you have 2, I'm there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-10-13, 21:14

I've told myself I'm not going back there numerous times but I'm definitely at a place in my life where the effort involved to pull something like that off does not = the annoyances I'm going to encounter. If I'm taking a day away from my family and spending some coin to do it I'm doing it at a place I love (EL) or at

least in a setting that I don't loathe, like Indy or Lincoln or something.

Perfectly summed up.

I've been several times and will never go back for the exact reasons posted above.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-13, 21:17

steveschneider wrote:

I think A2 is an overrated city.  Just a bunch of chains on the Main Street. Nothing aesthetically pleasing about the city, no interesting architecture, nothing scenic in terms of nature. Very meh.  The out skirts off campus is a compete eye sore.
I actually disagree with this. But you're used to living out East with more older towns that have a lot of character. I think AA itself is a pretty cool little city. I think it's a shitty place for a major college campus and I'm not a fan of their campus. Remove the campus though and I think I'd like the city a lot more.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-13, 21:24

It can be fun if you are with a good group on the golf course. The unprovoked comments from downriver Dave like WBH mentioned is spot on though. Bring your thick skin. I've been to most B1G towns and AA and Madison are the worst when it comes to obnoxious passive aggressive comments. I am the complete opposite to visiting fans in EL. Always offering beer food and chit chat. If you are actually going into game you better pray that your seats are near the tunnel and aisle.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-13, 21:30

kingstonlake wrote:Been many times. At least you can tailgate......
Wouldnt you rather drive around in circles for a half hour waiting for lots to open at some arbitrary time? Cause it would lead to chaos if i was allowed to set up my tailgate at 8am.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-10-13, 22:29

I love it there.

But I'm slightly biased.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-13, 22:39

y2kMgrad wrote:I love it there.

But I'm slightly biased.
Do you find it weird how there is such a contrast in UM fans? In one corner there is redneck downriver trailer trash tailgate and across the street there is fancy wine and European cheeses. Then you get into stadium and you're sitting next to people who have no clue about sports let alone college football. Like no fucking clue academia liberal types. It always struck me as odd. Nowhere else have I seen such a trichotomy at a college game.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-10-13, 22:44

By-Tor wrote:

But I'm slightly biased.
Do you find it weird how there is such a contrast in UM fans? In one corner there is redneck downriver trailer trash tailgate and across the street there is fancy wine and European cheeses. Then you get into stadium and you're sitting next to people who have no clue about sports let alone college football. Like no fucking clue academia liberal types. It always struck me as odd. Nowhere else have I seen such a trichotomy at a college game.

There's definitely some of each of the first two types. Never met anyone at the game that doesn't like college football though. Why would somebody who doesn't care about sports sit in a football stadium all day?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-13, 22:48

y2kMgrad wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Do you find it weird how there is such a contrast in UM fans? In one corner there is redneck downriver trailer trash tailgate and across the street there is fancy wine and European cheeses. Then you get into stadium and you're sitting next to people who have no clue about sports let alone college football. Like no fucking clue academia liberal types. It always struck me as odd. Nowhere else have I seen such a trichotomy at a college game.

There's definitely some of each of the first two types. Never met anyone at the game that doesn't like college football though. Why would somebody who doesn't care about sports sit in a football stadium all day?
something to check out? Visiting their kids from out east? Work at UM? Bought two cokes?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-10-13, 22:56

By-Tor wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

something to check out? Visiting their kids from out east? Work at UM? Bought two cokes?

Nope, never met those types. They must all sit in the visitor's section. People that won't go to AA/Michigan Stadium... 502811600
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-13, 22:59

Herbie Green wrote:I just don't like to be around a bunch of people I don't like.

This. I genuinely hate most of those fuckers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-13, 23:01

But I'm slightly biased.

You can go straight to hell, mister.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-13, 23:07

tGreenWay wrote:

Pussies
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-13, 23:09

y2kMgrad wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Do you find it weird how there is such a contrast in UM fans? In one corner there is redneck downriver trailer trash tailgate and across the street there is fancy wine and European cheeses. Then you get into stadium and you're sitting next to people who have no clue about sports let alone college football. Like no fucking clue academia liberal types. It always struck me as odd. Nowhere else have I seen such a trichotomy at a college game.

They're not there. He just wanted to take a slam at Libs and use a big word. It'll make him feel good about himself for the night so he can rest easy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-13, 23:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Pussies

Sonsabitches.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-13, 23:49

tGreenWay wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

They're not there. He just wanted to take a slam at Libs and use a big word. It'll make him feel good about himself for the night so he can rest easy.
bullshit, they totally are there. Sat next to a few in 06 in the south end zone and again in 12 in the north east corner. None in 08 or 10. Have nothing against libs. But thanks for letting me know who I sat by.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-14, 00:24

Went there once. Hated it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab 2015-10-14, 01:54

My family went every other year when I was a kid. The shitty treatment aside, I dont go anymore because the stadium just sucks for watching a game. The recent renovations and addition of a decent video board helps but it doesn't change the fact that the sight lines from 90% of the seats are hot garbage.

I guess I'm spoiled by having seats at the 45 in the upper deck of Spartan Stadium all my life (where the view is excelent IMHO) but I can't stand sitting 100 yards away and only 25 ft above the playing field. At UofM you can barely see over the sideline entourage until you are 60 rows deep.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 01:58

I'll pay $93 for this atmosphere and game no question
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab 2015-10-14, 02:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'll pay $93 for this atmosphere and game no question

Good on ya. Represent for State fans and have fun!

I'm going to spend about half that to get together with aa bunch of friends with good booze, food, and a big ass TV

Bonus: I won't have to miss 6-10 minutes of game time every time I have to piss.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-14, 02:46

Jaheab wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'll pay $93 for this atmosphere and game no question

Good on ya. Represent for State fans and have fun!

I'm going to spend about half that to get together with aa bunch of friends with good booze, food, and a big ass TV

Bonus: I won't have to miss 6-10 minutes of game time every time I have to piss.

Different stokes for different folks. Go green baby.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-14, 06:18

Rexrod thinks we lose by 10.  Sounds about right.  You go, you are going to get a lot of grief post game
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-14, 06:23

this.. In fact, I went to one game back in the 80s and couldn't get in the stadium. MSU got crushed and just walking around AA sucked.  I haven't been back since. I was actually thinking about flying up for this game because the hype drove me nuts this summer.  However, the hype has been legit, which means the walmarters are going to instigate fights because they don't have a professional team to cheer for.  So, they've adopted Meeechigan and I agree, don't want to be around that trash element after getting crushed in AA.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next