Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn?

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Mentalstate
SeeRockCity
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? Empty Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn?

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 12:34 pm

I was thinking about getting some goats to mow my lawn. I bought a rider at the start of the summer, but now regret the purchase. I have some neighbors who own goats, and the goats seem to do a good job keeping the grass at healthy length. I don't think they got the goats specifically for their lawn, but the entire front lawn is a part of the goats grazing area. Seems like it might work. Any insight about what breed of goats would be the best?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? Empty Re: Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn?

Post by Floyd Robertson 01/10/15, 12:41 pm

I use Hannah Davises goat as a matter of fact. Whatever you do, don't go for fainting goats.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? Empty Re: Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn?

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 12:42 pm

I don't know who that is.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 01/10/15, 12:43 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I was thinking about getting some goats to mow my lawn. I bought a rider at the start of the summer, but now regret the purchase.

Agree, the riders are too large and the meat is tough. The smaller goats are much more efficient and taste better.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 01/10/15, 12:44 pm

I just use illegal immigrants like a real American.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 01/10/15, 12:47 pm

I don't mow. Better to hide my landmines.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 01/10/15, 12:47 pm

My lawn is magically done every other week. Not sure if they bring in goats or not.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 01/10/15, 12:48 pm

How do you train the goats to use a lawn mower?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/10/15, 12:51 pm

I'm pretty sure the City of East Lansing would frown on keeping barnyard animals on the premises.

However, I did know a guy in North Carolina - back in about 1985-86 - who had a goat for the specific purposes you outlined. He had 2-3 stakes in and around his yard and would tie the goat up in different places.

That's what he said once, anyway. His last name was Sweeney and he always smelled like soup so he may have been lying.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/10/15, 12:59 pm

I've always preferred Saanens.

Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? Herd2000
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/10/15, 01:02 pm

Are there goats in Wyoming, Roc?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 01:05 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are there goats in Wyoming, Roc?

Map: Literally every goat in the United States
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/12/map-literally-every-goat-in-the-united-states/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/10/15, 01:08 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Map: Literally every goat in the United States
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/12/map-literally-every-goat-in-the-united-states/
I see the one that the guy I worked with was talking about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 01/10/15, 01:11 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I don't know who that is.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 01/10/15, 01:14 pm

Nope. Not a single goat in Wyoming, OTPT.

Rolling Eyes
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/10/15, 01:17 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Nope.  Not a single goat in Wyoming, OTPT.  

Rolling Eyes

Huh. Interesting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 01:24 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Nope.  Not a single goat in Wyoming, OTPT.  

Rolling Eyes

Huh. Interesting.

Did you know the Internet is more than tRCMB and tSwill?

http://www.agcensus.usda.gov/Publications/2012/Full_Report/Volume_1,_Chapter_1_State_Level/Wyoming/st56_1_028_031.pdf
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 01/10/15, 01:27 pm

I use a landscape service to mow my lawn. I got them when the riding mower broke down and I liked not having to do it so much, I never got the riding mower fixed. It's been almost 5 years now. The broken down riding mower is still sitting in my garage. I should get rid of it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 01/10/15, 01:30 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:I use a landscape service to mow my lawn. I got them when the riding mower broke down and I liked not having to do it so much, I never got the riding mower fixed. It's been almost 5 years now. The broken down riding mower is still sitting in my garage. I should get rid of it.

Craig's List - "Excellent Condition"

Will be gone in 3 hours.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/10/15, 01:32 pm

I mowed the front and back last night.. I figure I'll mow the front again 3-4 times this season and maybe the back twice... it's that time of year.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/10/15, 01:51 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I mowed the front and back last night.. I figure I'll mow the front again 3-4 times this season and maybe the back twice... it's that time of year.

I hire neighborhood kids for this, that way they have $$ to buy their Skittles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 01/10/15, 01:52 pm

In the winter, you put your mower in the barn. In the winter, you put the goat in your bed.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/10/15, 01:52 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I mowed the front and back last night.. I figure I'll mow the front again 3-4 times this season and maybe the back twice... it's that time of year.

you should hire a girl in a miniskirt.. you can rape her and say "she was asking for it".. maybe the jury will be full of people like you.

Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 01/10/15, 02:05 pm

In Holt they are using sheep. They not only saved a ton of expense but are now making money selling clothing.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 02:28 pm

Herbie Green wrote:In Holt they are using sheep. They not only saved a ton of expense but are now making money selling clothing.

I doubt something like that would work in DeWitt.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/10/15, 02:41 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you should hire a girl in a miniskirt.. you can rape her and say "she was asking for it".. maybe the jury will be full of people like you.

Well that's a damned vicious response, especially since I never said anything like that but you go ahead with your myths. Oh and fuck you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/10/15, 03:27 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Well that's a damned vicious response, especially since I never said anything like that but you go ahead with your myths.  Oh and fuck you.

LooseGoose wrote:Want to reduce rapes?  

Tell the women to:
      reduce or stop drinking.  
      stay with friends
      dress conservatively (Jeans and a top - not talking anything too radical)

I'm sorry to use your own words against you. But feel free to use obscenities directed toward me for doing so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/10/15, 04:18 pm

Where does that say what you used as "my own words"???

you can rape her and say "she was asking for it"

It doesn't, so as usual you're a lying son of a bitch. You're such a smug asshole calling me a rapist in a public forum, I'd love to have you do that to my face someday. We could have a beer together right after I knocked you the fuck out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 04:41 pm

Guys, I really want to discuss my goat idea and you're screwing it up.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 01/10/15, 04:46 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Guys, I really want to discuss my goat idea and you're screwing it up.
You can't tell me you honestly thought this wouldn't lead to another discussion of ***, did you?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/10/15, 04:50 pm

Well, I expected some goat sex jokes. But I thought this might be the kind of topic we could actually remain focused on.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/10/15, 04:56 pm

The beginning of the BobSakVSLooseification of the board.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 01/10/15, 05:45 pm

I thought I bought a horned goat, but it's just a horny goat. To get it to cut my grass, I put a black dildo on the bumper of my truck and slowly drive up and down, back and forth across my lawn while the frisky little bastard follows me, chewing all the way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 02/10/15, 08:05 am

LooseGoose wrote:Where does that say what you used as "my own words"???

you can rape her and say "she was asking for it"

It doesn't, so as usual you're a lying son of a bitch. You're such a smug asshole calling me a rapist in a public forum, I'd love to have you do that to my face someday. We could have a beer together right after I knocked you the fuck out.
wow - threats of violence from an angry, paranoid republican.. shocking turn of events.. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 02/10/15, 08:07 am

Turtleneck wrote:Guys, I really want to discuss my goat idea and you're screwing it up.
it's not a bad idea - you live sort of in a moral rural area, right? It could work.

See - the problem with me having a goat in East Lansing would be the likelihood of it coming up missing during fraternity hazing season.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 02/10/15, 08:14 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it's not a bad idea - you live sort of in a moral rural area, right? It could work.

See - the problem with me having a goat in East Lansing would be the likelihood of it coming up missing during fraternity hazing season.

Bob, why do you have such a bleat outlook on owning a goat?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 02/10/15, 08:18 am

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's not a bad idea - you live sort of in a moral rural area, right? It could work.

Bob, why do you have such a bleat outlook on owning a goat?
I'm just afraid that sooner or later, it would be on the lamb.. running rogue all over the neighborhood.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 02/10/15, 08:22 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm just afraid that sooner or later, it would be on the lamb.. running rogue all over the neighborhood.
A goat on the lamb? Ewe. Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? 1401550746
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 02/10/15, 08:23 am

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm just afraid that sooner or later, it would be on the lamb.. running rogue all over the neighborhood.
A goat on the lamb? Ewe. Anybody here use goats to mow their lawn? 1401550746
it gets weird in East Lansing after 9:00 pm.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 02/10/15, 08:45 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It is rural. I will have to get back to you on the moral part. The goat would be fine. People down the road have goats. Maybe I should steal their goats. Anybody know the punishment for goat rustling?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next