Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less

+36
Floyd Robertson
Black Dutch
BH Spartan
DnvrSprtnhd
Tyler Durden
Sponge Worthy
WBill
ROtown Sparty
Giant Moose
Brock Middlebrook
Loose Stools
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
James Dean
pulling69
Ned Stark
Dolph Ziggler
dubie7006
SeeRockCity
Izzo Court
tGreenWay
Snake Plissken
Notorious GiB
Danny Tanner
GRR Spartan
Johnny Alpamayo
Youngblood 96
Motown Spartan
JEK
SBSpartan
Ass Dan
MSU addict
DWags
SawGreen
Code_Warrior
Spartan Pride
40 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less Empty If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less

Post by Spartan Pride Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 am

You're a psycho. Plain and simple.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less Empty Re: If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less

Post by Code_Warrior Mon May 26, 2014 11:18 am

Spartan Pride wrote:You're a psycho. Plain and simple.
I pay for a lawn service to cut my lawn once a week. Therefore, I am a psycho. Is there a T-Shirt that comes with membership in the psycho club? I just want to know because I haven't received mine yet and I'm feeling insecure...
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less Empty Re: If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less

Post by SawGreen Mon May 26, 2014 11:20 am

I mows when it grows. That often come at about 7 days, so I'm not sure what this thread is about.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
I pay for a lawn service to cut my lawn once a week.  Therefore, I am a psycho.  Is there a T-Shirt that comes with membership in the psycho club?  I just want to know because I haven't received mine yet and I'm feeling insecure...

This. And I feed it and water it so the guys have to work. Oh, and I'm old, and for the record: "GET THE **** OFF MY LAWN KID!"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon May 26, 2014 12:27 pm

I say if you use lawn service you are a lazy fat ass.  

I like to cut mine about every four days.  It just works better when you much and I actually enjoy cutting it.  It is pretty bad when your old-man neighbor tells you that you cut it too often.

Last edited by MSU addict on Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 26, 2014 12:29 pm

MSU addict wrote:I say if you use lawn service you are a lazy fat ass.  

Em, what if you're too busy to cut it, or if you're a baller and aren't even home that much in the spring and summer? If you take a month to go to your cottage do you just let that shit grow?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon May 26, 2014 12:33 pm

DWags wrote:

Em, what if you're too busy to cut it, or if you're a baller and aren't even home that much in the spring and summer?   If you take a month to go to your cottage do you just let that shit grow?
Excuses, excuses. Demand excellence.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 pm

This is a pretty dumb thread
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan Mon May 26, 2014 12:37 pm

How often should you cut it? I do it twice a week
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 pm

I, too, hate it when my neighbors participate in the weekly upkeep of their home.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Excuses, excuses.  Demand excellence.  

Good point. I demand you get your ass to my house and cut my god damn grass. And it better be excellent.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon May 26, 2014 12:57 pm

By starting this thread you have proven that you don't know shit about mowing the lawn.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 Mon May 26, 2014 1:20 pm

I agree, but only if you're under the age of 60.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon May 26, 2014 1:22 pm

The OP must be out mowing... unresponsive.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Mon May 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:By starting this thread you have proven that you don't know shit about mowing the lawn.
A good lawn is like a good haircut, it looks best a good time after being trimmed (a week for a lawn, a few weeks for a haircut).

Your lawn looks terrible unless you adjust your mower to leave it longer. Sure it looks clean but the grass itself looks awful.

A lawn should be mowed every 1.5-2 weeks.

Edit: Atleast thats what a cashier at Burger King told me
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon May 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Spartan Pride wrote:
A good lawn is like a good haircut, it looks best a good time after being trimmed (a week for a lawn, a few weeks for a haircut).

Your lawn looks terrible unless you adjust your mower to leave it longer. Sure it looks clean but the grass itself looks awful.

I agree that it should be kept longer. However, it's not how often you mow it, it's how much you cut off. You never want to cut off more than 1/3 of the height of the grass. In spring and early summer that means twice a week for my lawn.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo Mon May 26, 2014 1:56 pm

It is rare if my grass gets cut more frequently than every 1.5-2 weeks. No reason other than it is not a high priority in my life. And I don't work at Burger King.
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon May 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Spartan Pride wrote:You're a psycho. Plain and simple.

If you set your mower height to 3.5"-4" for KY Bluegrass you will probably need to cut it about once a week from late May through Mid September.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner Mon May 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Spartan Pride wrote:

Your coworker is wrong.
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB Mon May 26, 2014 4:23 pm

SawGreen wrote:The OP must be out mowing... unresponsive.

If he mowed more frequently he would be done by now.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon May 26, 2014 4:28 pm

I'm about to go finish my first of 3 to 4 annual cuts a year near Nirvana. I must be more sane than all you muthas.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Mon May 26, 2014 4:57 pm

JEK wrote:I, too, hate it when my neighbors participate in the weekly upkeep of their home.

I really lowers the value of your house  If you mow your lawn every 7 days or less 1550444538 
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon May 26, 2014 5:50 pm

I pay a team of diamond cutters to individually measure and snip each blade of grass on my lawns. I also employ a staff of Swiss clockmakers to oversee their efforts, in order to assure precise cuts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Mon May 26, 2014 6:07 pm

scUM fans from trailer parks across the land are interested in what the OP has to say.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon May 26, 2014 7:14 pm

OP, by any chance do you have a large tree limb laying in the middle of your back yard?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:OP, by any chance do you have a large tree limb laying in the middle of your back yard?

Or maybe has a yard riddled with weeds so I have to weed b gone a barrier to keep them from invading?
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Mon May 26, 2014 7:57 pm

I gotta say, I'm really impressed that nobody has gone for the low-hanging fruit yet. Either that, or I'm still drunk enough to not realize it.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Spartan Pride wrote:

Look this argument is between you and your parents. If they want it cut once a week as part of the deal for letting you and your wife live in the basement, don't come to us for moral support.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm

If you more your lawn once a week or more, you probably don't have to think about your clippings and can actually enjoy it properly.
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Mon May 26, 2014 9:24 pm

DWags wrote:

Look  this argument is between you and your parents.  If they want it cut once a week as part of your allowance, don't come to us for moral support.
FIFY
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Mon May 26, 2014 10:10 pm

I like to cut mine about every four days.  It just works better when you much and I actually enjoy cutting it.  It is pretty bad when your old-man neighbor tells you that you cut it too often.

Point of parliamentary procedure! Let me be brief. The issue here is not whether I broke a few rules or took liberties with my female party guests while my lawn service cut my grass, I did. However, you can't make all people that use a lawn service pay for the actions of a few fat asses like me. For if you do, shouldn't we blame the whole concept of lawn mowing? And if the whole concept of lawn mowing is guilty, isn't this an indictment of the entire service industry? I put it to you MSU addict, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can say what you want about me, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you bad mouth the United States of America! Hmmmmmm, hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmmmm, hmmmmm hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmm.....
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark Mon May 26, 2014 11:39 pm

You sound poor.
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon May 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Ned Stark wrote:

You sound poor.

Every 4 days sounds like autism.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 26, 2014 11:52 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:

I think you mean obsessive compulsive.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon May 26, 2014 11:53 pm

When I still lived at home it was up to my brother and I to trade off mowing....He never figured out that I would raise the mower when I did it so I didn't cut much and that before he did it I would lower the hell out of it.....
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark Mon May 26, 2014 11:55 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:

I let my team of illegal immigrant lawn workers worry about the yard. I'm usually too busy closing multi-million dollar business deals and/or banging super models to care about that shit, brah.
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Dean Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 am

Code_Warrior wrote:

Point of parliamentary procedure!  Let me be brief.  The issue here is not whether I broke a few rules or took liberties with my female party guests while my lawn service cut my grass, I did.  However, you can't make all people that use a lawn service pay for the actions of a few fat asses like me.  For if you do, shouldn't we blame the whole concept of lawn mowing?  And if the whole concept of lawn mowing is guilty, isn't this an indictment of the entire service industry?  I put it to you MSU addict, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?  Well, you can say what you want about me, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you bad mouth the United States of America!  Hmmmmmm, hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmmmm, hmmmmm hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmm-hmm hmm.....

Beautiful.
James Dean
James Dean
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am

I mow when the yard starts looking like shit. During a wet spring that means mowing more than once a week. Some of us have pride in how our yard looks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue May 27, 2014 10:26 am

I xeriscape. Mowing is for suckers.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools Tue May 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Ass Dan wrote:This is a pretty dumb thread
Like the rest of them are that much better.
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next