Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

+18
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
tTy
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
The Pantry
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Toe
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
DWags
Vlad
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here Empty Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

Post by Vlad 2015-11-19, 14:57

Just need to get this off my chest...

There are a lot of varying views an opinions on Obama's approach to dealing with "radical Islamists", ISIS etc., but just about everyone is missing the main point here.  And this is something both Obama and Dubya got wrong...WE NEED TO STOP PRETENDING THAT WE HAVE FRIENDS IN THE MUSLIM WORLD.  No. We don't. Not a one. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

We don't have friends in the Muslim world.  Even those nations/governments that seem friendly to us...well, they're really not.  They're using us for their own purposes, those being either money or temporary security from opposing factions of their own faith.  But in the end, when push comes to shove, they will side with their Muslim brothers and leave the West high and dry.

This is essentially what gave birth to ISIS in the first place. We removed Saddam from power and put a Sheiit puppet in power (al-Maliki).  al-Maliki had a military of 200k soldiers trained to defend Iraq, and should've done exactly that when ISIS fighters started moving in from just west of them. What did they do? THEY FUCKING PUT DOWN THEIR ARMS AND RAN! Or worse, they joined ISIS! Why did they run? Because there weren't about to kill their own Muslim brothers over some nonsense, especially when those brothers are fighting for something the soldiers themselves believe in.

In the end, Muslims will align with fellow Muslims. That's about as simple as it is. So we can take on all the Syrian refugees we want (terrible idea by the way) but it's not gonna win us any friends over there.

On the larger issue, there's no "defeating" ISIS or Al Qaeda. We're fighting an entire religion now, all 1.7B worth. Maybe Dubya did use the right word when he called this a "crusade". The best thing we have going for us here in the USA is that we're an ocean removed from all that crap. The Atlantic is our best friend in keeping the violence mostly over there.  But western Europe...they're fucked.

No, I don't have any solutions. We just better realize that this ain't gonna end anytime soon. Probably not in our lifetime. And that the people we consider our friends are NOT our friends.

Oh, and one other thing: GO GREEEEEEN!!!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here Empty Re: Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

Post by DWags 2015-11-19, 14:58

I had a breakfast burrito from McDonalds for lunch today!

Top that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here Empty Re: Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 15:00

I pooped twice already today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-19, 15:01

You sound like you've been watching Fox News. Amirite?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 15:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You sound like you've been watching Fox News. Amirite?

And taking copious notes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-19, 15:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You sound like you've been watching Fox News. Amirite?

No yournotrite.  Honestly, I don't even know if I have Fox News.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-19, 15:10

Cool man. Thanks for your input.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2015-11-19, 15:20

ISIS kills mostly muslims.

Thanks for your input though.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-19, 15:24

Vlad wrote:

If you have ESPN you have Foxnews.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-19, 15:34

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

If you have ESPN you have Foxnews.

Fuckin libras.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-11-19, 15:52

ISIS must be the best JV team in the history of the world.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-19, 15:55

Rodeo Burger wrote:ISIS must be the best JV team in the history of the world.
they're starting Sheik Yerbouti at point guard.. he's a 3 star out of Damascus Jesuit. He had a great Nike camp last summer.. has a very explosive first step as soon as he's approached by someone with authority.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-11-19, 16:01

Muslims are pretty fucked up. Can't really respect anyone who wants life to be like it was 6 centuries ago.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-19, 16:04

The_Dude wrote:Muslims are pretty fucked up. Can't really respect anyone who wants life to be like it was 6 centuries ago.
You're right. Down with the Amish!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-19, 16:04

InTenSity wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Muslims are pretty fucked up. Can't really respect anyone who wants life to be like it was 6 centuries ago.
You're right. Down with the Amish!
and Ted Cruz... I knew there was something about that guy I didn't like.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-11-19, 16:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
they're starting Sheik Yerbouti at point guard.. he's a 3 star out of Damascus Jesuit. He had a great Nike camp last summer.. has a very explosive first step as soon as he's approached by someone with authority.

lol!
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-19, 16:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

MAC level recruit!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 16:49

It's true. All billion and a half Muslims in the world were required to sign an open-ended contract stating this very thing when they joined Islam.
Naturally, each signing happened by daylight with the blood of an infidel.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-19, 17:10

tGreenWay wrote:

It's true. All billion and a half Muslims in the world were required to sign an open-ended contract stating this very thing when they joined Islam.  

Here's the thing greeway, those peace-loving Muslims who supposedly outnumber the radicals, I just don't see enough of them or hear enough from them.  I don't see any anger or opposition to the radicals.  I see plenty of them defending Islam, but I don't see the outrage over how the radicals have destroyed the global perception of peace-loving Muslims.

What I suspect (and I have a bit of personal experience here) is that they are privately sympathetic to the radicals' cause. In the home, they support what they're seeing on TV.  They just can't come right out and say it, especially here in the west, because let's face it, they have a much better life here than they did back home.

Truth is, they could put down the ISIS/Al Qaeda/Taliban threat by themselves, if they really wanted to.

Last edited by Vlad on 2015-11-19, 17:25; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-11-19, 17:19

Vlad wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Here's the thing greeway, those peace-loving Muslims who supposedly outnumber the radicals, I just don't see enough of them or hear enough from them.  I don't see any anger or opposition to the radicals.  I see plenty of them defending Islam, but I don't see the outrage over how the radicals have destroyed the global perception of peace-loving Muslims.

What I suspect (and I have a bit of personal experience here) is that they are privately sympathetic to the radicals' cause. In the home, they support what they're seeing on TV.  They just can't come right out and say it, especially here in the west, because let's face it, they have a must better life here than they did back home.

Truth is, they could put down the ISIS/Al Qaeda/Taliban threat by themselves, if they really wanted to.

Exactly. There are around 30k ISIS fighters in Iraq/Syria...yet millions of Muslim men can't stop them. Uh huh.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-11-19, 17:29

tGreenWay wrote:

Every estimate by the world's intelligence agencies indicates that 15 to 20% of Muslims are of the radical variety, ie, the "Death to America, Death to Israel". Half the nations in the Middle East either have, or recently have had leaders who openly call for the destruction of the West, the slaughter of Jews and Americans, etc.

There aren't a billion radical Muslims, but there are several hundred million of them world wide.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 17:31

Vlad wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What I suspect (and I have a bit of personal experience here) is that they are privately sympathetic to the radicals' cause. In the home, they support what they're seeing on TV.  They just can't come right out and say it, especially here in the west, because let's face it, they have a much better life here than they did back home.

Oh, well, if you have a bit of personal experience here, then I stand corrected. All billion and a half Muslims must be guilty of hating the West and the endangered white man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 17:32

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:

What I suspect (and I have a bit of personal experience here) is that they are privately sympathetic to the radicals' cause. In the home, they support what they're seeing on TV.  They just can't come right out and say it, especially here in the west, because let's face it, they have a must better life here than they did back home.

Exactly. There are around 30k ISIS fighters in Iraq/Syria...yet millions of Muslim men can't stop them. Uh huh.

But Alex Jones says Paris was a false flag, so which is it?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 17:34

Rodeo Burger wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Every estimate by the world's intelligence agencies indicates that 15 to 20% of Muslims are of the radical variety, ie, the "Death to America, Death to Israel". Half the nations in the Middle East either have, or recently have had leaders who openly call for the destruction of the West, the slaughter of Jews and Americans, etc.

There aren't a billion radical Muslims, but there are several hundred million of them world wide.

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here 502811600 Please source this estimate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-19, 19:17

DWags wrote:I had a breakfast burrito from McDonalds for lunch today!

Top that.
They're pretty good but absolutely need the hot picante sauce
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-19, 19:20

tGreenWay wrote:I pooped twice already today.
Once before work and three times at work. Pretty much the same schedule every day
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 19:29

The Pantry wrote:
Once before work and three times at work. Pretty much the same schedule every day

You need to put the apples in the refrigerator.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-19, 19:29

I like Salukis regardless of their country of origin or religion.

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here Aaa5e03721f1a7f4baa2ad054135216c
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 19:35

GRR Spartan wrote:I like Salukis regardless of their country of origin or religion.

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here Aaa5e03721f1a7f4baa2ad054135216c

I think they are from Illinois. The southern part. Carbondale to be exact.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-19, 19:35

The Pantry wrote:

Top that.

I wouldn't say they are pretty good but yea you need the sauce.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:43

The Pantry wrote:

Top that.

I refuse to eat at any fast food restaurant that doesn't serve YooHoo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 19:44

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:They're pretty good but absolutely need the hot picante sauce

I like how this thread went from Islam to diabetes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:45

The Pantry wrote:

I'm sofa king jealous. I only hope your employer doesn't chintz out on the quality of the toilet paper.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:45

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Once before work and three times at work. Pretty much the same schedule every day

You need to put the apples in the refrigerator.

Go ahead. I cleared some room for the apples right next to my YooHoo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:47

GRR Spartan wrote:I like Salukis regardless of their country of origin or religion.

That looks like a hippie dog. Bill Walton probably gets stoned with that dog.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 19:48

tGreenWay wrote:

Well, at least we know what kind of dog Bob's wife owns.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:48

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I like how this thread went from Islam to diabetes.

I support the dairy farmer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:51

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Well, at least we know what kind of dog Bob's wife owns.

I'm so confused how a stoner such as Bob is able to wake up at 5:30 in the morning and have the motivation to run, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-19, 19:54

Turtleneck wrote:

I think they are from Illinois. The southern part. Carbondale to be exact.

By way of Egypt.  Their mumified realtives have been found in their master's tombs dating back to 2100 BC

THEY'RE IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-11-19, 20:01; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next