Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

+18
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
tTy
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
The Pantry
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Toe
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
DWags
Vlad
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 19:55

GRR Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think they are from Illinois. The southern part. Carbondale to be exact.

By way of Egypt.

THEY'RE IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!!!

I don't want them here. Hippie terrorists is what they are.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 19:58

GRR Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think they are from Illinois. The southern part. Carbondale to be exact.

By way of Egypt.

THEY'RE IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!!!

I bet they are on welfare. All of them. All of them are on canine welfare.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-19, 20:22

I can't kill the OP on this one. Pardon my long political rant, but I think you might actually agree with me here - Page 2 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-19, 21:09

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Once before work and three times at work. Pretty much the same schedule every day

I'm sofa king jealous. I only hope your employer doesn't chintz out on the quality of the toilet paper.
Definitely not as good as at home but functional without being raspy. Fold only. That bunching technique is idiotic, especially with lower quality TP.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-19, 21:19

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Once before work and three times at work. Pretty much the same schedule every day

You need to put the apples in the refrigerator.
Always put apples in the fridge. DWags is right
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 21:36

So why can I buy raw milk cheese at the store but now raw milk?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-19, 21:39

Turtleneck wrote:So why can I buy raw milk cheese at the store but now raw milk?

Those damned libruls want to keep the Amish dairy farmers down but I'll bet them Amish don't have them any of damned terrorist Egyptian dogs.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-11-19, 21:46; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 21:39

Good posts Vlad.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-19, 21:42

I'm not sure I agree with the narrative presented in this thread.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 21:50

tTy wrote:Good posts Vlad.

Missed or ignored key points about Iraq and Maliki in his first post. Kind of just OK.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 21:51

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:Good posts Vlad.

Missed or ignored key points about Iraq and Maliki in his first post. Kind of just OK.

Iraq and Malichi are kinda moot compared to the main contention.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-19, 22:01

Turtleneck wrote:So why can I buy raw milk cheese at the store but not raw milk?
Excellent question. Have wondered the same a few times.

3...2...1..........until Gomer shows up after wiping his keyboard with hand sanitizer.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-19, 22:04

tTy wrote:Iraq and Malichi are kinda moot compared to the main contention.
Sorry, I haven't been following closely. Are those the names of 2-star recruits that Dantonio is going to turn into NFL talent?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:05

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

LOL.

"Well, the things that are wrong or inaccurate, well, ugh, they are not important to the main point."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-19, 22:07

I'm a Saluki, you guys!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:12

Rocinante wrote:I'm a Saluki, you guys!!!

SIU for grad school?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 22:15

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

LOL.

"Well, the things that are wrong or inaccurate, well, ugh, they are not important to the main point."

You can argue and bitch about the accuracy of the minutia all you want. The main contention that "we have no friends in the Muslim world" is dead fucking on and the shit that you are talking about is 100% moot with regard to such.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-19, 22:16

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I'm a Saluki, you guys!!!

SIU for grad school?

Yes. When Jerry Kill and Bruce Weber were there. The last time either team was any good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:28

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

LOL.

You can argue and bitch about the accuracy of the minutia all you want.  The main contention that "we have no friends in the Muslim world" is dead fucking on and the shit that you are talking about is 100% moot with regard to such.

1. He missed key details on what happened in Iraq in respect to the rise of ISIS.
2. He equates ISIS with al-Qaeda. Distinctly different organizations with different goals.
3. Says we have no friends in the Muslim world, which is not true. Jordan immediately comes to mind. Many other states in the region are very much interested in terminating the threat that is ISIS
4. All of this contributes to a conversation on how to deal with the problem that is ISIS, which does not involve the same old counterterrorism strategies employed to fight al-Qaeda. Therefore, it is all relevant to the conversation.
5. Please carry on with your planned all night bender.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-19, 22:30

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm sofa king jealous. I only hope your employer doesn't chintz out on the quality of the toilet paper.
Definitely not as good as at home but functional without being raspy. Fold only. That bunching technique is idiotic, especially with lower quality TP.

I hear ya. You know who bunches? Canine welfare recipients bunches, that's who.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 22:31

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

You can argue and bitch about the accuracy of the minutia all you want.  The main contention that "we have no friends in the Muslim world" is dead fucking on and the shit that you are talking about is 100% moot with regard to such.

1. He missed key details on what happened in Iraq in respect to the rise of ISIS.
2. He equates ISIS with al-Qaeda. Distinctly different organizations with different goals.
3. Says we have no friends in the Muslim world, which is not true. Jordan immediately comes to mind. Many other states in the region are very much interested in terminating the threat that is ISIS
4. All of this contributes to a conversation on how to deal with the problem that is ISIS, which does not involve the same old counterterrorism strategies employed to fight al-Qaeda. Therefore, it is all relevant to the conversation.

You mad bro?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:35

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You mad bro?

No. Just informed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 22:42

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

You mad bro?

No. Just informed.

Well, you don't really seem mad, but it looked like you wanted to go all personal attack mode so I was trying to oblige.

That said, I am totally going to sleep easy tonight knowing Jordan and all 6 of their war planes gots our back, though! Thanks for reminding me! Whewww! I think Vlad oughta amend his contention to something way more accurate like "we got no Muslim frens cept fer Jordan, so suck it ISIS!!!!".
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-19, 22:45

We should blow more shit up. Seemed to work before.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:46

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

No. Just informed.

Well, you don't really seem mad, but it looked like you wanted to go all personal attack mode so I was trying to oblige.

That said, I am totally going to sleep easy tonight knowing Jordan and all 6 of their war planes gots our back, though! Thanks for reminding me! Whewww! I think Vlad oughta amend his contention to something way more accurate like "we got no Muslim frens cept fer Jordan, so suck it ISIS!!!!".

The argument was we have no friends. It was not we have weak friends. You're changing the argument so you can win the Internet before sleepy time. If you have not learned by now, only poster SD32453 wins the Internet.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 22:53

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

The argument was we have no friends. It was not we have weak friends. You're changing the argument so you can win the Internet before sleepy time. If you have not learned by now, only poster SD32453 wins the Internet.

I should have just stuck with "good posts vlad" and called it good.

At least my argument isn't "Hey man, moot shit matters, like a LOT!"
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-19, 22:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We should blow more shit up. Seemed to work before.
Was way too low key. Thermonuclear carpet bombing with overlapping craters is the only long term solution.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:55

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

There you go again...trying to downplay things that do matter because they undermine the point you want to make.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 22:57

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

There you go again...trying to downplay things that do matter because they undermine the point you want to make.

There you go again...trying to emphasize things that don't matter because they undermine the point you want to make.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-19, 22:58

I think we should close our borders, but once a year offer a chance to come in if you find a ticket made out of gold in a bar of chocolate.

More of the world would be buying our chocolate so it would be good for our economy. Plus if more of the world is consuming chocolate, they would be getting fatter and then Americans wouldn't seem as fat in comparison any more.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 22:58

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

There you go again...trying to emphasize things that don't matter because they undermine the point you want to make.

Ignoring complexity for the sake of simplicity makes a damn good American.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 22:58

The Pantry wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We should blow more shit up. Seemed to work before.
Was way too low key. Thermonuclear carpet bombing with overlapping craters is the only long term solution.

glass parking lot, as far as the eye can see..... except for Jordan. We <3 Jordan and Jordan <3's us back.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 23:00

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

Generalities are generally correct. I don't have time for your complexities that don't really fucking matter.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 23:04

tTy wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Was way too low key.   Thermonuclear carpet bombing with overlapping craters is the only long term solution.

glass parking lot, as far as the eye can see..... except for Jordan.  We <3 Jordan and Jordan <3's us back.....

Why did the US discover success in Iraq in 2007? Because of the Bush administration's surge policy and the "Sunni Awakening" that followed, where 40+ Sunni tribes fought with US forces against al-Qaeda Iraq. Today, Qaeda Iraq is known as ISIS. It is possible to build strategic partnerships in the fight against ISIS. The argument the US has no regional partners in this fight is flat out false.

Edit: In the interest of transparency, many of those Sunni tribes now fight with ISIS. I have to think this has something to do with the divisive way Maliki governed, but also because of the power vacuum created with the withdrawal of American forces.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-11-19, 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-19, 23:05

tTy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Generalities are generally correct.  I don't have time for your complexities that don't really fucking matter.

Translation: I don't want to be informed. That sounds hard.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-11-19, 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-19, 23:05

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/eye-opening-graphic-map-of-muslim-countries-that-the-u-s-and-israel-have-bombed/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-19, 23:07

DWags wrote:http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/eye-opening-graphic-map-of-muslim-countries-that-the-u-s-and-israel-have-bombed/

Islam is just violent, man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-19, 23:08

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/09/daily-chart-11
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 23:08

Turtleneck wrote:
tTy wrote:

Generalities are generally correct.  I don't have time for your complexities that don't really fucking matter.

Translation: I don't want to be informed. That sounds hard.

This board is really good at one thing: Reading what I post, and then letting me know what I ACTUALLY meant to say.... It's so easy to become more informed around here.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-19, 23:10

DWags wrote:http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/eye-opening-graphic-map-of-muslim-countries-that-the-u-s-and-israel-have-bombed/

If what turtleneck says is true, they all pretty much love us. This makes no sense to me..... Why would they like us so much if we bomb the fuck out of them? I don't get it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next