Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys I need your help re: music songs

+13
Code_Warrior
Nordic
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
steveschneider
Gomer
SpartanInNH
The Pantry
Triple Sparty
InTenSity
Turtleneck
xsanguine
WhiteBoyHatcher
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guys I need your help re: music songs Empty Guys I need your help re: music songs

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 23:15

As I have documented here, I pretty much hate music. I mean, I don't really get it, and I certainly don't get dorking out to particular music songs/bands. Just odd to me. I typically listen to sports talk a lot when I'm in the car. Granted, I'm not in the car all that much as I don't really have a long commute to work or anything, but seriously LIONS RADIO 24/7 is fucking wearing on me. Just can't listen to that shit anymore. All of these fucking stations go to commercial around the same time and if I happen to switch to one that isn't on commercial, guess what, they're talking about the fucking Lions.

So I have started using my bluetooth from my phone and playing some music songs that I uploaded into a music songs folder on my desktop probably 8 computers ago. Honestly, probably from like 2005. It has a lot of 90's rap on it, some Frank Sinatra, some fun Blink 182 type of shit. Maybe some Lionel Richie. Definitely some MJ. Some Eminem. What is some other fun type of music stuff that I might like?

Please post your suggestions here. Feel free to post Youtubes so I can sample the goods before I attempt to illegally download torrents and whatnot.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guys I need your help re: music songs Empty Re: Guys I need your help re: music songs

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:17

Judging by what you already had in your phone I'd suggest just giving up on this music endeavor.

Listen to NPR or something.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guys I need your help re: music songs Empty Re: Guys I need your help re: music songs

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 23:19

xsanguine wrote:Judging by what you already had in your phone I'd suggest just giving up on this music endeavor.

Oh great a music snob. Go ahead and tell me how culturally superior you are. Fucking lame. You are why I hate music.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-19, 23:21

Have you thought about just listening to NPR or something? You don't sound cut out for music.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-19, 23:23

You look like you'd like npr, and stp. Our try icp.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Judging by what you already had in your phone I'd suggest just giving up on this music endeavor.

Fucking lame. You are why I hate music.

Whew... I thought I was gonna have to fight you for awhile to get you to that point. Thank god... one less bubble gum fan clogging up the airwaves.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 23:27

You guys are the fucking worst. Do you realize how pretentious you come across? Jeez, I don't even push back against people who want to sauce their brisket this hard.

I'm going to go sit in my car and listen to some Kid Rock.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-19, 23:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You guys are the fucking worst. Do you realize how pretentious you come across? Jeez, I don't even push back against people who want to sauce their brisket this hard.

I love to sauce my brisket.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You guys are the fucking worst. Do you realize how pretentious you come across? Jeez, I don't even push back against people who want to sauce their brisket this hard.

Will you sauce my brisket? Hard?

We can listen to Kid Rock if you want.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-19, 23:37

I am not listening to Kid Rock. I have standards. I would listen to an entire Springsteen album before listening to a single Kid Rock song.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 23:44

This thread epitomizes why music snobs are the fucking worst. I posted a question - a plea for help, really - and all I get is criticism. And zero suggestions. Thanks guys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:44

Turtleneck wrote:I am not listening to Kid Rock. I have standards. I would listen to an entire Springsteen album before listening to a single Kid Rock song.

I don't think Springsteen is for him.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This thread epitomizes why music snobs are the fucking worst. I posted a question - a plea for help, really - and all I get is criticism. And zero suggestions. Thanks guys.

We suggested NPR.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-19, 23:46

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I am not listening to Kid Rock. I have standards. I would listen to an entire Springsteen album before listening to a single Kid Rock song.

It's not for anybody with a pulse.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:47

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

It's not for anybody with a pulse.

How dare you
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 23:47

xsanguine wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This thread epitomizes why music snobs are the fucking worst. I posted a question - a plea for help, really - and all I get is criticism. And zero suggestions. Thanks guys.

We suggested NPR.

Ummm....I hate politics worse than I hate music snobs.

Food chain....

Fun stuff > Lions talk > music snobs > politics

Does that make sense? Do I need to type it in Latin so you and your enlightened brethren can comprehend it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-19, 23:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

We suggested NPR.

Ummm....I hate politics worse than I hate music snobs.

Food chain....

Fun stuff > Lions talk > music snobs > politics

Does that make sense? Do I need to type it in Latin so you and your enlightened brethren can comprehend it?

You're absolutely right.

Kid Rock and Eminem. Maybe you can mix in some Limp Bizkit, too.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 23:50

That doesn't even make sense. That's not an argument.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-12-19, 23:53

Podcasts. I have a 40 minute commute and all I listen to are podcasts. Might be harder if you're only listening to things intermittently in the car. For music on weekends, I have country tunes and hip hop tunes plus the usual RHCP and Weezer.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-19, 23:54

Ok. I think you would enjoy Atari Teenage Riot quite a bit. Based on your posts, just seems like it would suit your tastes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-20, 00:03

Turtleneck wrote:Ok. I think you would enjoy Atari Teenage Riot quite a bit. Based on your posts, just seems like it would suit your tastes.

Based on your posts, I think you would enjoy Sign of the Beefcarver.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-20, 00:07

Hey, I tried to help. You bitch nobody is helping. I help. You get all snotty. You're on your own.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-12-20, 00:19

Might sound soft. Some musical passages move me to tears.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-20, 00:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That doesn't even make sense. That's not an argument.

I wasn't arguing. I even conceded you were right.

Start with Kid Rock and Eminem, move on to Limp Bizkit and then you'll find your way to Korn or The Donnas or something.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-20, 00:20

Just listened to 'Stuck on You' by Lionel and it moved me. Literally, I think I might have a bowel movement. It was that good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-20, 00:21

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-20, 00:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just listened to 'Stuck on You' by Lionel and it moved me. Literally, I think I might have a bowel movement. It was that good.

You're playing with fire here.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-20, 00:23

I think it is what you are looking for. Just the kind of thing to play during the holidays while sitting around the tree with your family drinking eggnog and eating murder.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-20, 00:26

Spartans fail.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-20, 00:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Spartans fail.

Oh, I was just going to recommend mixing in some Nurse With Wound.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-12-20, 00:30

I disagree with NPR.  You can't go wrong with WKAR though... 90.5 if I recall correctly?

All the stuff they play has been vetted, so you know you're getting the good shit.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-20, 00:33

PYT is a great song. I need a PYT in my life.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-20, 00:35

Gomer wrote:I disagree with NPR.  You can't go wrong with WKAR though... 90.5 if I recall correctly?

All the stuff they play has been vetted, so you know you're getting the good shit.

What channel is the Frank Beckmann show on? Maybe you can meet up with tDude and you guys can have a beer while listening to Frank Beckmann.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-20, 00:36

Easy answer, the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Sounds like it will all be new to you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-20, 00:37

steveschneider wrote:Easy answer, the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Sounds like it will all be new to you.

I figured you would recommend Coach Cal pre-game pep talks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-20, 00:39

steveschneider wrote:Easy answer, the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Sounds like it will all be new to you.

steve, I'll be honest with you. I had the privilege (I guess?) of inheriting a free ticket to Super Bowl XL. I left my seat and hung out in the concourse during the halftime show, just to stretch my legs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-20, 00:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

steve, I'll be honest with you. I had the privilege (I guess?) of inheriting a free ticket to Super Bowl XL. I left my seat and hung out in the concourse during the halftime show, just to stretch my legs.

Needed moar Fred Durst, amirite?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-20, 01:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Maybe that means your a Beatles guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-12-20, 01:04

Download the app Songza

Then just click on your mood and let it decide for you
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-20, 01:08

Corner Blitz, you are a lot more palatable than these other snobs. Thank you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next