Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.)

+19
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
AnomanderRake
DWags
The_Dude
Heat Miser
Ass Dan
Watch Out Pylon!
Code_Warrior
CORNER BLITZ
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
Cym Jim
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.)

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 10:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What is up with the ability for all the ships to conveniently just jump to hyper space in the new film? All the ships were just skipping around the galaxy effortlessly.

In previous films it was something that took careful calculations

Han Solo: Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it.

Interstellar cruise control?

And how come droids speak in little chirps instead of English? They obviously understand English, how come they can't speak it?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.)

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-30, 10:44

So it's "English only" for droids? Ok, Donald.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 10:47

Turtleneck wrote:So it's "English only" for droids? Ok, Donald.

At the very least use english when interacting with humans.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-30, 10:55

The more I think about this movie, the more I don't like it. It's just a bland setup for the next movie. It's so vanilla. Literally nothing other than han dying happened, and I didn't even care about that because there was almost no exposition about the character of Kylo Ren, and how he went bad or his struggle with the dark side. I mean this is a 2 and a half hour movie, and I cannot remember how the hell it was that long... what the shit happened in all that time?

This movie is so fucking Disney.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-30, 11:29

Rocinante wrote:The more I think about this movie, the more I don't like it. It's just a bland setup for the next movie. It's so vanilla. Literally nothing other than han dying happened, and I didn't even care about that because there was almost no exposition about the character of Kylo Ren, and how he went bad or his struggle with the dark side. I mean this is a 2 and a half hour movie, and I cannot remember how the hell it was that long... what the shit happened in all that time?

This movie is so fucking Disney.

I loved seeing the movie, but it was definitely flawed. I love the characters, the conflict and the mystery surrounding some of the characters enough that it out weighs all the dumb ass plot holes and conveniences used in this movie to get the characters out of moments of crisis.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-30, 11:40

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The more I think about this movie, the more I don't like it. Ā It's just a bland setup for the next movie. Ā It's so vanilla. Ā Literally nothing other than han dying happened, and I didn't even care about that because there was almost no exposition about the character of Kylo Ren, and how he went bad or his struggle with the dark side. Ā I mean this is a 2 and a half hour movie, and I cannot remember how the hell it was that long... what the shit happened in all that time?

This movie is so fucking Disney. Ā 

I loved seeing the movie, but it was definitely flawed. I love the characters, the conflict and the mystery surrounding some of the characters enough that it out weighs all the dumb ass plot holes and conveniences used in this movie to get the characters out of moments of crisis.

Who are we supposed to care about? Ā Finn? Ā Dude's a dork. Ā Rey? Ā Okay, I like her, but once Luke is back, he's going to get all of my attention, and if they try to relegate him to a secondary role, like a Yoda, it's not going to end well. He still has to bring balance to the force... or are we forgetting about all that?

Edit: I like Poe. Let's make Poe and Rey the focus instead of fucking Finn the dork.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 22:25

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 22:33

Spoiler. This thread sucks compared to mine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-19, 14:32

Just saw it last weekend. I really enjoyed it and then soon started thinking back on how the entire movie was just a copycat of the original star wars. But I enjoyed it just the same.
I thought the part of Kylo Ren being weak was just fine. He needed to commit to the dark side by killing his father so now he will be strong in next episode.
The one thing they could have changed was destroying the death star. That was the one point it became such a copy that it got ridiculous. Then they this whole planet death star needs to be charged by the sun - why do they have to wait until it is dark until it becomes operational? It just instantly goes from 0% charge to 100% charge every sunrise/sunset? Does that even make sense?
But agree with whoever said they just want to enjoy the movie without critiquing the film and I enjoyed it a lot. So I give it a 9 out of 10.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-19, 14:39

why do they have to wait until it is dark until it becomes operational?
Aren't they using the power of the sun? So it is basically destroying the sun to power the death star? Once all the energy is sucked out of the sun, effectively killing it, then the death star is at 100% operational ability, right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-19, 14:40

I had to pee during the movie, and then got a beer. I think I missed some stuff. Is the girl Luke's daughter? Or sister of the bad guy?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-19, 14:44

InTenSity wrote:
Aren't they using the power of the sun? So it is basically destroying the sun to power the death star? Once all the energy is sucked out of the sun, effectively killing it, then the death star is at 100% operational ability, right?

Except they powered it up twice.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-19, 14:45

She is Luke's sister mother. That is how they roll on Tatooine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-19, 14:53

InTenSity wrote:

Ok I thought it was just working like regular solar power. But they have to fully kill a new sun every time they want to use it? Isn't the ship actually a planet, so they can't just drive it around to find new suns, or can they just tap into an unlimited supply of suns from where they are.
Even if all that made sense, it still doesn't seem like a very good weopon if it is not operational every time it is charging.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-19, 15:19

Herbie Green wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Ok I thought it was just working like regular solar power. But they have to fully kill a new sun every time they want to use it? Isn't the ship actually a planet, so they can't just drive it around to find new suns, or can they just tap into an unlimited supply of suns from where they are.
Even if all that made sense, it still doesn't seem like a very good weopon if it is not operational every time it is charging.
Roc says they powered it up twice, so now I'm not sure. When they used it, did they take out about 5 planets with 1 shot?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-19, 15:21

haven't seen it..

of course, I never saw the first ones, either.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-19, 15:24

STARKILLER BASE
Deep in the Unknown Regions, the First Order has constructed a superweapon that uses an entire planet as its weapons platform. The deadly Starkiller harvests energy from its systemā€™s star, contains it within magnetic fields inside its baseā€™s planetary core, and then converts that energy into an ultra-powerful beam that blasts through hyperspace, able to sterilize the worlds of a distant star system with a single shot. The icy world that houses the Starkiller is the First Orderā€™s greatest secret, and essential to its plan to conquer the galaxy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-19, 17:02

Big weapon blow up big planet. Destroy it before it destroys us. It has a weakness. Shoot at the weakness.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-02, 19:36

So I was going to go see it finally last weekend only to discover it's not at my nearest theater anymore. Sucked it up and bought it on Amazon. Not a bad way to spend Saturday night I guess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-02, 20:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:So I was going to go see it finally last weekend only to discover it's not at my nearest theater anymore. Sucked it up and bought it on Amazon. Not a bad way to spend Saturday night I guess.

Bought it last night too. Wife and I were "meg@ its ok
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-02, 21:30

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:So I was going to go see it finally last weekend only to discover it's not at my nearest theater anymore. Sucked it up and bought it on Amazon. Not a bad way to spend Saturday night I guess.

Sucked wags sucked
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-02, 21:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sucked wags sucked

Pretty much
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-02, 21:51

DWags wrote:

Bought it last night too. Wife and I were "meg@ Ā its ok

Sucked wags sucked

I liked it, except for the supreme leader. That was over the top.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-02, 21:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Sucked wags sucked

OTPT is more into animated Disney movies.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-02, 21:59

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I should have guessed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-02, 22:00

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Films* animated Disney films. Don't call it movies. Hipster otpt will get mad at you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-02, 22:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Films* animated Disney films. Don't call it movies. Hipster otpt will get mad at you.

I hate animated Disney films, Travis. Actually ordered the hipster pizza at a place today. Added jalapeƱos. tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 502811600

You guys - I'm in love with skiing. I want to go every day. This is crazy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-02, 22:06

I hate animated Disney films, Travis. Actually ordered the hipster pizza at a place today. Added jalapeƱos. tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 502811600

tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 Ski-accident
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-02, 22:14

Well, at least you got one thing right with your life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-02, 22:22

I knew some dudes at MSU who did this in Park City and are apparently doing very, very well for themselves:

1. Get your parents to buy you an Escalade, preferably a long one
2. Move to a ski resort town flush with money - Vail, or Aspen or maybe Steamboat
3. Start a high end transportation service
4. Profit
5. Ski the rest of the time
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-02, 22:35

Turtleneck wrote:

Well, at least you got one thing right with your life.

I went to MSU.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-02, 22:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I knew some dudes at MSU who did this in Park City and are apparently doing very, very well for themselves:

1. Get your parents to buy you an Escalade, preferably a long one
2. Move to a ski resort town flush with money - Vail, or Aspen or maybe Steamboat
3. Start a high end transportation service
4. Profit
5. Ski the rest of the time

My job is too easy to give up right now. But, I'm not sure how long I'll stick around.

May I have the Bros number or is this another lesbian ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-02, 22:41

I don't talk to them anymore, they were friends 15+ years ago in undergrad. I do have friends who still talk to them. If you're serious PM me when we're both sober and I can send you their names and you can stalk them on LI or Facespace or something and see if you can get in touch and ask them some questions. Would be a little weird for me to try to reconnect in order to introduce my 22 year old internet friend.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-02, 22:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: friend.

:)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-02, 22:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: friend.

:)

e-besties
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-02, 23:01

"Listen man. I know we haven't spoken in 17 years, but I REALLY want you to meet this guy. He's the most sane, well adjusted 22 year old I've ever met on the internet."
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-02, 23:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:"Listen man. I know we haven't spoken in 17 years, but I REALLY want you to meet this guy. He's the most sane, well adjusted 22 year old I've ever met on the internet."

Perfectly normal everyday way to start a conversation.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-02, 23:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:"Listen man. I know we haven't spoken in 17 years, but I REALLY want you to meet this guy. He's the most sane, well adjusted 22 year old I've ever met on the internet."

how many 22 year olds have you met on the internet, WBH?

tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 OAgzggh
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-02, 23:14

tOfficial Star Wars The Force Awakens Thread (This Thread Contains SPOILERS. You have been warned.) - Page 3 OAgzggh

Getting worried he is talking to other 22 year olds? Stop being so jealous.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-02, 23:17

Turtleneck wrote:

Getting worried he is talking to other 22 year olds? Stop being so jealous.

Seriously. Dude reeks of it. Pathetic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next