Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

+11
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
Turtleneck
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
tTy
Snake Plissken
tGreenWay
DWags
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but - Page 2 Empty Re: Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-12, 10:48

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:If Bobby was that smart he'd still be coaching MSU.

BW is a nice guy which is why he's wired to always be the loyal 2nd banana.

I'll say this till I die. Guy is a very good coach. He isn't wired to be a head coach. Not even close. He' is a good foil on a staff to Saban. Saban is the guy who can be a hard ass and feared and hated by his team, Bobby is the opposite of that and a sounding board. In the meantime, he can coach football.

I agree but please don't die soon.

I met Bobby a few times and will also attest that he is a great guy. My only problem with him at MSU ( other than losing games ) was his handling of the Jeff Smoker situation. It blew me away that seemingly EVERYONE knew of Smoker's shananigans except BW.

How that kid saw the field in Iowa City in Bobby's last year amazes me to this day.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but - Page 2 Empty Re: Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-12, 10:52

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'll say this till I die. Guy is a very good coach. He isn't wired to be a head coach. Not even close. He' is a good foil on a staff to Saban. Saban is the guy who can be a hard ass and feared and hated by his team, Bobby is the opposite of that and a sounding board. In the meantime, he can coach football.

I met Bobby a few times and will also attest that he is a great guy. My only problem with him at MSU ( other than losing games ) was his handling of the Jeff Smoker situation. It blew me away that seemingly EVERYONE knew of Smoker's shananigans except BW.

How that kid saw the field in Iowa City in Bobby's last year amazes me to this day.

Some coaches get good at looking the other way.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 10:53

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Ummmm.....no he can't. Recruit? Yes. Coach? No my slappie blowar

ESPN even singled him out yesterday. Two aspects of Bana's team that shined? Tight End and Special teams. Who coaches that? Yep. Same guy
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-12, 10:55

DWags wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Ummmm.....no he can't. Recruit? Yes. Coach? No my slappie blowar

ESPN even singled him out yesterday. Two aspects of Bana's team that shined? Tight End and Special teams. Who coaches that? Yep. Same guy

You'll have to excuse blanch. He has something against black coaches who wear glasses.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 10:55

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yep, he's not a head coach. But there was a bigger problem in that team than Smoker and all the coaches knew about it back as far as January workouts the year before. All of them did.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-12, 11:07

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yep, he's not a head coach. But there was a bigger problem in that team than Smoker and all the coaches knew about it back as far as January workouts the year before. All of them did.

That team was very a hot mess on and off the field. Where there was Smoke, there was definitely Fire.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-12, 11:28

I've been waiting on the steps of the federal courthouse in Grand Rapids for years. I forgot what I am waiting for. Should I go home?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-12, 11:55

Turtleneck wrote:I've been waiting on the steps of the federal courthouse in Grand Rapids for years. I forgot what I am waiting for. Should I go home?

So when people ask why you've been there for years do you tell them Tim sent you?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2