Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 9 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-08, 12:11

Didn't take long for GM to pull out a Duke/UNC/Izzo reference.

This would make for great dinner conversation at the steakhouse. Can't imagine how awesome it would be...before the bill came anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 9 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 12:14

NigelUno wrote:This would make for great dinner conversation at the steakhouse. Can't imagine how awesome it would be...before the bill came anyway.
It would be awesome. Dinner would be like making the Final Four, but when the bill came it would be like losing to Duke by 20 to end our night. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 9 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-08, 12:21

Giant Moose wrote:If everyone stopped tipping duffy would have to pay his employees like they are actual human beings. No wonder he loves tipping. More money for him.

You really can't be this obtuse towards business.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-08, 12:28

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:This would make for great dinner conversation at the steakhouse. Can't imagine how awesome it would be...before the bill came anyway.
It would be awesome. Dinner would be like making the Final Four, but when the bill came it would be like losing to Duke by 20 to end our night. My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 9 502811600

Will you be here all week?

Remember to tip your waitress!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-08, 13:50

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

No. I said on a busy night they could make $200. I said they made
$15 an hour on average.

Your call out thread has come off it's hinges. Can you please just call out an MSU basketball player now.

Cause 60 a night is the same as 200...lol, you're so generous

6 x15 =90
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-08, 13:53

kingstonlake wrote:I suggest you dipshits do some research on what the bottom line is on running a restaurant/bar is in a college town after expenses and liability.

Then again that would take an ounce of common sense.

Dude, there is really nothing to it.

1.) obtain license, permits and venue. Simple process, virtually free and they issue licenses to anyone

2.) under pay staff

3.) open the doors, get out of the way. make millions

I really don't get why everyone doesn't do it.

Last edited by duffy munn on 2016-03-08, 13:57; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-08, 13:53

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Cause 60 a night is the same as 200...lol, you're so generous

6 x15 =90

You just said they work 20 a week max. No wonder anyone can run a profitable bar in East Lansing if daddy makes the incestment
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-08, 13:56

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

6 x15 =90

You just said they work 20 a week max. No wonder anyone can run a profitable bar in East Lansing if daddy makes the incestment

What part of a 6 hour shift at $15 per hour don't you understand.

And the state of Michigan does not issue licenses to junkies and dead beat dads. so you would be out.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-08, 13:57

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I suggest you dipshits do some research on what the bottom line is on running a restaurant/bar is in a college town after expenses and liability.

Then again that would take an ounce of common sense.

1.) obtain license, permits and venue. Simple process, virtually free and they issue licenses to anyone

2.) under pay staff

I'm really don't get why everyone doesn't do it.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-08, 13:58

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

2.) under pay staff

Exactly. Kinda like making final fours.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 14:00

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

2.) under pay staff

Not everyone has their father take the financial risk for them.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 14:02

Hey duffy, is the new bar failure rate better or worse than Izzo's UNC/Duke failure rate?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-08, 14:05

Giant Moose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Love how you and your ilk cling to this. It actually makes me chuckle every time I read it.

Post the same nonsense several hundred times and it becomes true to you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 14:07

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Love how you and your ilk cling to this. It actually makes me chuckle every time I read it.

Post the same nonsense several hundred times and it becomes true to you.
Does it make you laugh as hard as you did over SD's dead dad?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-03-08, 14:09

Of the ten people that post here, how is it that like 8.5 of them have severe personality disorders?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-08, 14:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Of the ten people that post here, how is it that like 8.5 of them have severe personality disorders?

Crazy, isn't it ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 14:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Of the ten people that post here, how is it that like 8.5 of them have severe personality disorders?
Who is the half person? duffy wants to hire them so he can pay them a dollar instead of 2.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-08, 14:47

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

What part of a 6 hour shift at $15 per hour don't you understand.

And the state of Michigan does not issue licenses to junkies and dead beat dads. so you would be out.

6 isn't divisible by 20, so you also Rob 2.15 from your employees once a week too. Sweet
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-08, 14:58

Is Herbie still at the bottom of the well?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-08, 15:15

If nobody tipped, and restaurants and bars paid their workers 15-20 bucks an hour, do the idiots on here advocating that know what the cost of food and drinks would actually be in a restaurant? It would be greater than those of us who tip 20-25% now. For those who don't tip shit, their average restaurant bill would sky rocket and shock the shit out of them.

Cheap guys, the bizniz relies on those who tip well to keep it running. The good tippers carry the bad tippers who do the most complaining and sending shit back. It keeps the establishments prices at where they are. Plus, in many cases it actually gives the wait staff a damn high hourly wage.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-08, 15:26

Am I one of the 1.5?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 15:27

DWags wrote:If nobody tipped, and restaurants and bars paid their workers 15-20 bucks an hour, do the idiots on here advocating that know what the cost of food and drinks would actually be in a restaurant? It would be greater than those of us who tip 20-25% now. For those who don't tip shit, their average restaurant bill would sky rocket and shock the shit out of them.

Cheap guys, the bizniz relies on those who tip well to keep it running. The good tippers carry the bad tippers who do the most complaining and sending shit back. It keeps the establishments prices at where they are. Plus, in many cases it actually gives the wait staff a damn high hourly wage.

Cool. I guess they don't have bars and restaurants in Europe.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-08, 15:30

So one time, and looking back, I didn't do that great of a job, I had a table of 3, and I think 2 of them were kids. It was in the afternoon when there weren't many people there, but I think they were being difficult with the orders. Anyway, at the end, I handed them the check and waited for them to call me over. Instead they got up adn walked away. I think the total was around $33 and change, they left $35 on the table. I caught up to them in the parking lot and handed the lady back the $1 and change, told her she left her change on the table.
Another table I had was 2 people, man and woman, who had already been at a table for an hour. They were sort of passed on to me, anyway, they didn't order much, maybe a bottle of wine and an appetizer, even disappeared for about 30 minutes (worked on a beach, so while not common, wasn't unheard of). They were at the table for about 4 hours, and stayed during the rush. I handed them a bill of around $40 and asked if they needed anything else. I came to pick it up, the guy thanks me for my patience, says they know they took up one of my tables for the night and that everything inside was all set. It was a $100 tip.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-08, 15:30

When I was spending my sister's money in Europe, the prices were not insane and the service was less bullshit. I enjoyed it and said many times that American dining should be like it. But I'm a Bernie supporter
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-08, 15:37

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:If nobody tipped, and restaurants and bars paid their workers 15-20 bucks an hour, do the idiots on here advocating that know what the cost of food and drinks would actually be in a restaurant? It would be greater than those of us who tip 20-25% now. For those who don't tip shit, their average restaurant bill would sky rocket and shock the shit out of them.

That effects the American restaurant industry how?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-08, 15:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When I was spending my sister's money in Europe, the prices were not insane and the service was less bullshit. I enjoyed it and said many times that American dining should be like it. But I'm a Bernie supporter

How were gas prices?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-08, 15:39

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When I was spending my sister's money in Europe, the prices were not insane and the service was less bullshit. I enjoyed it and said many times that American dining should be like it. But I'm a Bernie supporter

How were gas prices?

I think they were high. Force everyone to public transit and save the planet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-08, 15:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

How were gas prices?

That would do wonders for our car industry andeveryone would love that. Good call
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-08, 15:45

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

That effects the American restaurant industry how?
Hopefully for the better. That stuff is so unhealthy and this country has so many fatasses.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-08, 15:49

DWags wrote:

That would do wonders for our car industry andeveryone would love that. Good call

Oh. Right. Money over the planet. Duh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-08, 15:58

DWags wrote:

Oh. Right. Money over the planet. Duh.
Em, no. But you know that. You can't just deplete a whole industry however and think it's that easy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9