Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon?

+9
The_Dude
y2kMgrad
tTy
MJ
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Rocinante
13 posters

Go down

How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon? Empty How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon?

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-10, 14:12

Trying to determine if I'm an alcoholic.

Last edited by Rocinante on 2016-02-10, 14:15; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon? Empty Re: How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon?

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-10, 14:14

Also, do you drink at lunch and go back to work?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon? Empty Re: How fast do you go through a bottle of whiskey or bourbon?

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-10, 14:14

A fifth or a handle? I think I can finish a fifth over a weekend and a handle over a couple of weeks. I go and drink all my neighbors liquor though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-10, 14:17

InTenSity wrote:A fifth or a handle? I think I can finish a fifth over a weekend and a handle over a couple of weeks. I go and drink all my neighbors liquor though.

So you don't drink during the week?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-10, 14:26

I'm averaging about a fifth a week.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-10, 14:26

Rocinante wrote:Also, do you drink at lunch and go back to work?

I wish.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-10, 14:39

Rocinante wrote:
InTenSity wrote:A fifth or a handle? I think I can finish a fifth over a weekend and a handle over a couple of weeks. I go and drink all my neighbors liquor though.

So you don't drink during the week?
Some. I try not to have to too much though. Depends on if I went golfing or I'm with suppliers.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-10, 14:44

Rocinante wrote:Trying to determine if I'm an alcoholic.

When I was drinking? About 15 minutes. Now? 2-3 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-10, 14:49

hard to say...

there are times a bottle of whiskey and/bourbon might last for 6 months.. and others where it'll be gone in 5-6 days. Depends on numerous factors such as the time of year (I find I drink more over the holidays.. ya know, to celebrate the birth of Santa Claus), etc.

of course, the liquor cabinet is stocked fairly extensively, thereby lengthening the shelf life of any random bottle exponentially.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-10, 15:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hard to say...

there are times a bottle of whiskey and/bourbon might last for 6 months.. and others where it'll be gone in 5-6 days. Depends on numerous factors such as the time of year (I find I drink more over the holidays.. ya know, to celebrate the birth of Santa Claus), etc.

of course, the liquor cabinet is stocked fairly extensively, thereby lengthening the shelf life of any random bottle exponentially.

Piggybacking off of what Bob said, my average is a lot shorter now since I picked up a lot of good stuff lately. Before that, I had a bottle of Makers that sat for a few months.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-10, 15:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Piggybacking off of what Bob said, my average is a lot shorter now since I picked up a lot of good stuff lately. Before that, I had a bottle of Makers that sat for a few months.
yep..

I have a few quarts of moonshine.. if you know what's good for you, that stuff won't disappear too terribly fast.. Shocked - I usually save it for a few sips on the special occasions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-10, 16:19

Depends how pissed off I am.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2016-02-10, 18:19

Usually takes a couple months, but that's because I drink something different almost every night.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-02-10, 21:20

I drink at lunch, but only because it is my job and I'm encouraged to do so.

W/R/T bourbon/whiskey/scotch shelf life in the Mavens Household.... That shit is on a short leash. If a garden variety fifth of this shit lasts longer than two weeks in my house it is doing something right. Currently, I have on my shelf the all time leader in terms of not being depleted within a fortnight.... it is an 18 year old bottle of Glenlivet that I bought the night Bama put their dick in our ass most recently, but even that bottle is getting a little long in the toof. I'm prolly going to finish it off before the end of Feb.

So, to answer your question, you can't hold my jock, but you are still an alkey.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-02-10, 21:24

Years. But I can drink a case of Miller Lite any given weekend.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-02-10, 21:25

y2kMgrad wrote:Years. But I can drink a case of Miller Lite any given weekend.

It takes you two and a half days to get through a case of Lite? LMFAO
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-02-10, 21:28

tTy wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Years. But I can drink a case of Miller Lite any given weekend.

Yeah. I don't usually drink on Sundays though.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-10, 21:28

You're a fine American.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-02-10, 21:34

y2kMgrad wrote:
tTy wrote:

Can someone ban this queer, please?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-10, 21:45

tTy wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Not all of us drink on days that end in y
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-10, 21:53

The_Dude wrote:
tTy wrote:

Not all of us drink on days that end in y
You sound like a closet blue. Blue boy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-10, 22:04

I drink way more often than I should during the week but I don't really get drunk super often. I usually get a slight buzz and go to bed. I won't drink past midnight or drink more than what I know to be my buzzed/drunk threshold on a typical weeknight because I have parental responsibilities and shit in the AM. I do not want to get stopped at the door of daycare because I smell like rum fumes or pulled over for running a stop sign in the neighborhood with my kids in the back and find out I'm somehow .04 from tying one on the night before.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-10, 22:11

Depends on whether I'm binging or not.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-02-10, 22:16

tTy wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Do people get banned here? Are there mods? If I start drinking on Sundays can I stay?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-11, 02:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I drink way more often than I should during the week but I don't really get drunk super often. I usually get a slight buzz and go to bed. I won't drink past midnight or drink more than what I know to be my buzzed/drunk threshold on a typical weeknight.

You have too many rules. I couldn't keep track of them. Especially when I drink.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-11, 07:34

The_Dude wrote:

You're a fine American.
thanks, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-11, 07:37

I stay up late on Christmas Eve and have a drink with Santa.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-02-11, 17:29

Rocinante wrote:Trying to determine if I'm an alcoholic.
Do you go to meetings? If so...you're an alcoholic. If not...you're good.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-11, 17:30

Oh yeah, I go to them sloshed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-11, 17:32

I run a lot of Go To Meetings.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-11, 17:37

I'm drunk right now and sitting at work.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down