Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

+39
Izzo Court
duffy munn
MattyFresh
Three_Putt_Par
TheReal_LWS
Herbie Green
Triple Sparty
InTenSity
NigelUno
Rocinante
tTy
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
DWags
aualum06
The_Dude
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
Rod Porkmore
GRR Spartan
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
Nordic
43 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-25, 21:09

What
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

Post by Guest 2016-04-25, 21:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:netonnews.com???

Well there was that Rappoport tweet in there. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 3 1966794946 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 3 1966794946
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-29, 08:22

Wojo: Quinn provides glimpse of ‘Patriot Way’ with pick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-30, 22:06

I had no problem at all with the picks until he took a long snapper instead of a WR, and then I about threw in the towel when he picked that asshole Rudock. Jesus Christ himself won't get as much adulation than that fucker, who will never start a game except due to the starter's injury. NOT a replacement down the line for Stafford, a waste of a pick.

Okay, now I'm getting heated again. The rest of the picks were fine - just fine.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-30, 22:09

Ruddock was a waste of a pick. I don't mind the long snapper at all, assuming he is good and can replace our aging long snapper (weren't we talking about this in this thread or was it a different one?) that's one of those positions that you don't think about until they fuck up repeatedly. Same thing for kickers and punters... I don't mind picking them slightly too high according to traditional thinking just based on how important they are.

Edit- in other words, sixth round wide receivers are a dime a dozen. A good, reliable long snapper... There are only so many of those. The question is if he's good and reliable. Fuck if I know. He's a long snapper and I'm a fan. I don't have time for looking into that.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-04-30, 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-30, 22:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ruddock was a waste of a pick. I don't mind the long snapper at all, assuming he is good and can replace our aging long snapper (weren't we talking about this in this thread or was it a different one?) that's one of those positions that you don't think about until they fuck up repeatedly. Same thing for kickers and punters... I don't mind picking them slightly too high according to traditional thinking just based on how important they are.

They were both wasted picks. Taybor Fucking Pepper could have been picked up as a UDFA and done just fine, but NOOO.

All right, I'm heated again. IT WAS A GOOD DRAFT. REALLY.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-30, 22:13

SpartanInNH wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ruddock was a waste of a pick. I don't mind the long snapper at all, assuming he is good and can replace our aging long snapper (weren't we talking about this in this thread or was it a different one?) that's one of those positions that you don't think about until they fuck up repeatedly. Same thing for kickers and punters... I don't mind picking them slightly too high according to traditional thinking just based on how important they are.

They were both wasted picks. Taybor Fucking Pepper could have been picked up as a UDFA and done just fine, but NOOO.

All right, I'm heated again. IT WAS A GOOD DRAFT. REALLY.

Would he have been better? I don't know. I did throw an edit on that post to clarify my thinking on it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-30, 22:31

Lions suck!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-30, 22:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lions suck!

If it makes you feel better, I'm also standing up for the Bucs taking a kicker in the second round. If he is that good, then it's worth it instead of taking any other position that can be filled much easier.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-30, 23:18

Gonna pull a Bob here.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 3 Elsa_3015304b

This franchise will never bring you anything but frustration guys. It's a paid group of mercenaries owned by an entity that honest to goodness cares way less about them winning than you do. You will not be a sellout. You will be in a better place. You can still enjoy the NFL without having a trainwreck to root for every Sunday. Let them go. Let them go.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-30, 23:21

There's levels of caring wbh. The lions have never been remotely close to msus level. Yeah, you watch them. But you never expect anything out of them. If they ever got good that'd be awesome, but it probably won't happen. And that's okay.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-30, 23:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There's levels of caring wbh. The lions have never been remotely close to msus level. Yeah, you watch them. But you never expect anything out of them. If they ever got good that'd be awesome, but it probably won't happen. And that's okay.

Maybe. I got hooked at the right time I guess. My history with the Lions is probably a lot more intense than most. They became my most beloved sports team at a very impressionable age when they began a run of "success" with a very entertaining player, and I went to the games every week with A++ seats. I literally could not wait for the next Sunday to come.

Tried to carry that passion through post Barry-retirement and into adulthood and I just had no reason to. Eventually at some point during the Millen era it fucking dawned on me that I quite literally cared more about the Ws and Ls than ownership did. And if you have any sense of logic in you, when that hits you in the head, it's time to step away from the care train.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-30, 23:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There's levels of caring wbh. The lions have never been remotely close to msus level. Yeah, you watch them. But you never expect anything out of them. If they ever got good that'd be awesome, but it probably won't happen. And that's okay.

Maybe. I got hooked at the right time I guess. My history with the Lions is probably a lot more intense than most. They became my most beloved sports team at a very impressionable age when they began a run of "success" with a very entertaining player, and I went to the games every week with A++ seats. I literally could not wait for the next Sunday to come.

Tried to carry that passion through post Barry-retirement and into adulthood and I just had no reason to. Eventually at some point during the Millen era it fucking dawned on me that I quite literally cared more about the Ws and Ls than ownership did. And if you have any sense of logic in you, when that hits you in the head, it's time to step away from the care train.

My first sports memory, other than maybe sort of kind of watching one of the Pistons championship games at a national Coney Island, was when I was in a before bed prayer with my mom and sister and I specifically prayed for the lions to beat the redskins in the NFC championship the next day.

I learned at an early age that they would never do anything but let me down, so don't get too invested.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-05-01, 09:50

We're in the same boat on this one.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-05-01, 10:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

My first sports memory, other than maybe sort of kind of watching one of the Pistons championship games at a national Coney Island, was when I was in a before bed prayer with my mom and sister and I specifically prayed for the lions to beat the redskins in the NFC championship the next day.

I learned at an early age that they would never do anything but let me down, so don't get too invested.

They do save me from wasting my Sunday afternoons watching them get beat.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-05-01, 11:26

Yeah, now that you mention. I'm pretty smiley when the Lions win, and ticked off when they lose. When MSU wins, I'm on Cloud 9 for days. When MSU loses, it can ruin my entire week. And if you look at tears as a measure of emotion and investment, the last time the Lions brought tears from me was in Schwartz's first season, the year after 0-16, when they started off on a 4-game losing streak, then finally won their first game in more than a year. I shed tears watching Stephen Peterman limp off the field, openly crying. MSU? Whether it's tears of laughter (like after the Puntalypse Now at the Big Hole) or realization that I won't see these fellas on the field again, it's fairly common.

Long way of saying yep. Neutral
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-02, 08:02

The Lions 5th round pick - we'll see who turns out better.

PFF Draft ‏@PFF_College Apr 30
Joe Dahl had the best pass blocking efficiency (97.5) among Pac-12 tackles in the NFL Draft
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF Apr 30
Joe Dahl graded out No. 1 in pass-protection amongst 2015 tackles, 36 spots better than Detroit's 1st-round pick, Taylor Decker. #LionsDraft
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-05-02, 19:14

LooseGoose wrote:The Lions 5th round pick - we'll see who turns out better.

Joe Dahl had the best pass blocking efficiency (97.5) among Pac-12 tackles in the NFL Draft
Joe Dahl graded out No. 1 in pass-protection amongst 2015 tackles, 36 spots better than Detroit's 1st-round pick, Taylor Decker. #LionsDraft

That rumbling noise you heard is my stomach. It's already upset, and we haven't hit minicamp yet.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-03, 07:36

A couple of Lion's draft stories....

New Lions DL Anthony Zettel is just a ‘freak athlete’

Seidel: Bob Quinn tries to supersize the Detroit Lions
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-03, 12:56

SpartanInNH wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The Lions 5th round pick - we'll see who turns out better.

That rumbling noise you heard is my stomach. It's already upset, and we haven't hit minicamp yet.

Greg Cosell analyzes Lions' draft picks

Interesting here on Dahl....

Cosell: “Dahl is another player I really like. He played multiple positions in his career at Washington State. He’s a guard (in the NFL). On film he looked like he had a short, squatty build, but he’s over 6-foot-4. He played at Washington State where they were in the air-it-out offense, so it’s a lot of short sets, where he could engage passers early when he played tackle and he did that really well. He plays more of a strength/power game than a finesse/movement game.

“He had an excellent battle with DeForest Buckner. They went back and forth. He pass sets more like an offensive guard. He has a compact frame. He doesn’t really kick slide. His footwork is a little choppy. But that all works at guard.

Final line: “In all honesty I thought there were similarities between Joe Dahl and Jack Conklin. I know Conklin was the eighth pick in the draft, and a lot of people love Conklin, but I thought there were similarities when it comes to physical traits and competitive toughness. Conklin is bigger, but Dahl was really tough and competitive. I really like Dahl. Preparation and detail player."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-05-03, 13:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It's really just fun to watch and root for them though. At some point they are going to string it together and make it to a super bowl. It will mean so much more for us all that have stuck with them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 10:02

Lions Beat: Analyzing the draft class, looking at veterans in trouble and taking questions
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 10:19

Remarkable work ethic lands CB Ian Wells with Detroit Lions
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 18:08

This will buy a lot of burgers in West Branch:

Aaron WilsonVerified account ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Lions signed Anthony Zettel to four-year, $2.463 million deal, includes $123.724 signing bonus
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-05-06, 18:56

Heard about this yesterday, but haven't seen any mention of it.

Former Lions receiver Brett Perriman 'fighting for his life' in Miami hospital .

Brett Perriman, who spent 10 seasons in the NFL, has been hospitalized after collapsing Tuesday night. 

The 50-year-old Perriman, who is the father of Baltimore Ravens receiver Breshad Perriman, had extremely high blood pressure and was placed on life support, according to Miami radio station WINZ.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-05-06, 20:58

Lions picks pandered to umaa. Glasgow has the measurables NFL teams are looking for although Jack Allen handeled nearly everyone opponents put in front of him, Allen's combine height was 73" with 32.25" arms while Glasgow's was 78" with 33 5/8'th arm.

Rudock was a pick to fire up ummies to buy tickets. If he sticks a couple of seasons he's got most of medical school paid for unless that was another BS story out of the athletic department.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-08, 11:25

Detroit Lions' Miles Killebrew lives up to ‘Killa’ nickname
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-09, 08:20

DeAndre Levy “looking really good” in offseason work
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-09, 18:10

The Patriots have traded Bostic to the Lions in exchange for an undisclosed conditional draft pick. Field Yates of ESPN.com reports that it is a 2017 seventh-round pick, although there’s no word on the conditions that would convey that pick to New England.

Lions acquire Jon Bostic in trade with Patriots
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-10, 06:58

Quinn ‘surprised’ Robinson fell to Lions in 2nd round

Much like everyone shows up to spring training in the best shape of their lives, there is always the player that unexpectedly fell into our lap in the draft.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-10, 07:04

If you enjoy reading nonstories starring whiny reporters then this should be your cup of tea.

Monarrez: Could Ziggy Ansah’s dad get Lions star to give answers?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-11, 08:12

Detroit Lions Twitter Talk: It's never too early to talk depth chart
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-12, 08:18

Contract details for Detroit Lions 2016 draft picks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-14, 17:40

Ask Kyle: A defense of Eric Ebron, and what to expect from him in Year 3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-17, 07:49

Pettigrew vows to be ready for start of Lions camp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-18, 19:22

Wonder if Nordic is down trying to get lucky?

Paula Pasche ‏@paulapasche 20m20 minutes ago
#Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford mingles with fans tonight at Taste of the Lions at Ford Field.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 3 CixjQeFWUAAhyHE
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-19, 07:35

Detroit Lions — Five things to know about rookie offensive lineman Joe Dahl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-20, 09:01

Lions' big-bodied Anthony Zettel also brings big personality
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-21, 10:50

Mailbag: When should Lions start considering Matthew Stafford extension?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-05-21, 13:18

LooseGoose wrote:Mailbag: When should Lions start considering Matthew Stafford extension?

Wut.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next