Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around Empty tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by DWags 2018-11-22, 19:27

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:They should have cut/traded Stafford years ago.

Stat padder extraordinaire.

He'll make $200M as a choke artist.

And magically replace him with who?

Some other guy who won’t make the playoffs or win when they do?  

I get it. He’s good but at what cost?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by aualum06 2018-11-22, 19:39

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

And magically replace him with who?

Francise QBs don't just happen
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-22, 19:55

Redskins got jobbed on the no call hit on Reed
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-22, 20:05

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hes not a franchise QB.   He's been in the league 9 damn years now, how many playoff seasons?   How many playoff wins?   Blame the Fords all you want but he's done nothing to warrant being called a franchise qb.   

They wasted $30m a season on him when would have been better off signing a rookie  or a journeyman backup for 3m and sunk the other $27m into improving the OL or the pass rush\coverage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-22, 20:08

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

He’s got great arm talent. He is not a guy who will carry a team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-22, 20:10

Stafford is the best QB they've had since Layne
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-22, 20:11

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Stafford is the best QB they've had since Layne

Sanders was the greatest nfl back .... ever. Johnson was the best WR. And???
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-22, 20:13

I went and looked it up for you:

Is 3 playoff years of 10 years a franchise qb?
Is ZERO playoff wins in his career the mark of a "franchise qb"??
Is a QB with a career playoff QB rating of 87.8 the evidence of him elevating his game to carry his team??
Is a 4TD to 3INT ratio what you want in playoff games from your franchise QB??

He's a poser that crumbles under pressure.   I've seen the type.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-22, 20:16

I'd take Erik Kramer over Stafford in a playoff game.   And Greg Landry. And Earl Morral.   And Gary Danielson.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-22, 20:17

LooseGoose wrote:I went and looked it up for you:

Is a QB with a career playoff QB rating of 87.8 the evidence of him elevating his game to carry his team??

You let me know who we are getting that will make us forget him. It won't really matter because they have no oline after spending every resource on it for two years and plus have a terrible head coach
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-22, 20:23

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I went and looked it up for you:

You let me know who we are getting that will make us forget him. It won't really matter because they have no oline after spending every resource on it for two years and plus have a terrible head coach

I agree 100%. If we are looking for someone to throw under the bus I’m looking at Quin. His drafting sucks and his new head coach sucks. I’ve beaten this drum plenty of times but Caldwell was the best coach I’ve seen the Lions get since Fontes and this new guy is not an upgrade. The change they made in coaching was a step back.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-22, 20:27

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I agree 100%. If we are looking for someone to throw under the bus I’m looking at Quin. His drafting sucks and his new head coach sucks. I’ve beaten this drum plenty of times but Caldwell was the best coach I’ve seen the Lions get since Fontes and this new guy is not an upgrade. The change they made in coaching was a step back.

Teez Tabor was inactive for a guy that wasn't even drafted and who played decent
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-22, 20:37

The next QB is always the answer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-11-22, 20:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The next QB is always the answer.

Yep, I thought Charlie Batch was the answer when he got his first chance. How many first chances have there been since then?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-22, 20:55

Lol so it's not on the frAnchise qb ?  It's the fault of the 3 stupid head coaches that couldn't win a playoff game with him leading the team.

And treating replacing him as a hard  task?    Laughable.   Any QB in the NFL and many more on the street could throw those INTs today.  10 year veteran franchise QBs don't play like dog shit week after week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-22, 21:05

LooseGoose wrote:Lol so it's not on the frAnchise qb ?  It's the fault of the 3 stupid head coaches that couldn't win a playoff game with him leading the team.

And treating replacing him as a hard  task?    Laughable.   Any QB in the NFL and many more on the street could throw those INTs today.  10 year veteran franchise QBs don't play like dog shit week after week.

This team has lots of problems and they have been multiplying since canning Caldwell
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-22, 22:00

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Lol so it's not on the frAnchise qb ?  It's the fault of the 3 stupid head coaches that couldn't win a playoff game with him leading the team.

This team has lots of problems and they have been multiplying since canning Caldwell

I'm not off the Quinn train yet. The team needed a rebuild, they were solidly mediocre.

Put it on the coaching but the Lions in the recent past had a "franchise QB", a 1st ballot HoF WR and a generational talent at DT all on the team at the same time. Results? More losses, no playoff wins.

Matthew Stafford has twice the talent Kenny Stabler ever had. But if I HAD to win a game I'd take Kenny Stabler as my leader every time. Stafford showed up here with his cheerleader in tow and never took over this team and made it his. It's obvious she's the one with the balls in that house.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-11-22, 22:15

I almost spit out my turkey in laughter when he threw that pick 6. So predictable. Eddie Jackson knew where Stafford was going to throw that ball before Stafford knew.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-23, 02:54

Stafford is undoubtedly one of the most overpaid players in the league. Not his fault for getting the cash, The Ford's are great at selling vehicles but they need to sell the Lions to stop the multi-decade suffering fans have had to endure.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-23, 07:40

aualum06 wrote:

You're slowly devolving into Tpain

Just kidding. I do agree that firing Caldwell was a mistake.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-23, 08:42

Death Roe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Caldwell is a qb whisperer. Peyton Manning, Flacco and Stafford all of their numbers improved under Caldwell. The fans used to rip apart Caldwell’s game management (he wasn’t perfect) but you see Patricia and his game management is worse. Going for two yesterday? And multiple games opposing defenses have known exactly where the ball is going on plays.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-23, 08:49

steveschneider wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Caldwell is a qb whisperer. Peyton Manning, Flacco and Stafford all of their numbers improved under Caldwell. The fans used to rip apart Caldwell’s game management (he wasn’t perfect) but you see Patricia and his game management is worse. Going for two yesterday? And multiple games opposing defenses have known exactly where the ball is going on plays.

I think Caldwell was/is underrated as a coach but I see him more as a coach for a playoff ready team. If Quinn felt a tear down and rebuild was in order then maybe he felt that Caldwell wasn't the man for that. Or it was the age old thing of a new GM hiring "his" coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-23, 08:52

That's not saying much.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-23, 08:56

Death Roe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Lol this teams pathetic no bowing here
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-23, 09:03

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think Caldwell was/is underrated as a coach but I see him more as a coach for a playoff ready team. If Quinn felt a tear down and rebuild was in order then maybe he felt that Caldwell wasn't the man for that. Or it was the age old thing of a new GM hiring "his" coach.

I buy into he wanted “his” coach which I get but it’s just painful because the guy that wasn’t his coach was really good. Also, regarding the playoffs I feel your pain there’s only one guy that’s got it done in my life and that’s Wayne Fontes.

On the flip side though just making it is still better than where we are at now and I think the numbers show Caldwell over achieved in the regular season. Made the playoffs in 2016 with no pro bowl players. First time since the early 90s and the last team to do that was the Bears. And last year Freep the Lions winning 6 games and they finished with 9. They over achieved by three wins.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-23, 10:53

duffy munn wrote:

That's not saying much.

Landry probably is second on that list
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-23, 11:15

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

That's not saying much.

I'll take Erik Kramer. At least he won a playoff game.

Stafford will wind up with Hall of Fame numbers when all is said and done. Someday he will be the answer to a great trivia question. Name the only HOF QB to never win a post season game.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-23, 14:11

duffy munn wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Stafford will wind up with Hall of Fame numbers when all is said and done. Someday he will be the answer to a great trivia question. Name the only HOF QB to never win a post season game.

I loved that era of the Lions and that one playoff win was special.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-11-23, 14:36

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I loved that era of the Lions and that one playoff win was special.

Those where some pretty good teams. Defense with Jerry Ball, Spielman, Benny Blades. A very good o-line: Lomas Brown, Glover, Andiesack, Mike Utley. Good receivers Willie Green and Johnny Morton And of course BARRY.

All led by the best and worst Coach in Lions history Wayne Fontes.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-11-25, 19:08

Ebron just caught his 11th TD...for the Colts.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-25, 19:14

Heat Miser wrote:Ebron just caught his 11th TD...for the Colts.

And has more than 2x as many touchdowns as anybody on the Lions roster....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-25, 19:14

He was a stiff here. Probably figured out that he needed to perform or the money train was derailing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-25, 19:21

LooseGoose wrote:

He was a stiff here. Probably figured out that he needed to perform or the money train was derailing.

I disagree. He was solid and way better than their replacement plan. Letting him walk was total lions stupidity
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-27, 02:21

Even Alex Trebek knows the Lions suck. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around 502811600

https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/26/video-jeopardy-roasts-detroit-lions/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-11-27, 08:58

Who is more overpaid:

Stat Padford, or Harbs?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-27, 09:33

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I disagree. He was solid and way better than their replacement plan. Letting him walk was total lions stupidity

Another Quinn blunder?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-27, 10:10

TheReal_LWS wrote:Who is more overpaid:

Stat Padford, or Harbs?

Harbaugh. There are only 32 starting NFL QBs and Pad Mystatsford pay isn't eggriegously put of line for what he delivers.

Harbaugh is Hoke but cashing bigger checks
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-11-27, 10:54

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Who is more overpaid:

Stat Padford, or Harbs?

Harbaugh. There are only 32 starting NFL QBs and Pad Mystatsford pay isn't eggriegously put of line for what he delivers.

Harbaugh is Hoke but cashing bigger checks

Accept Pad Mystatsford is the 2nd highest paid QB in the league. No way is he the 2nd best QB in the league. I slot him in somewhere around 20th.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-27, 13:04

I've seen 5th highest paid. I think that 2nd highest is the cap hit. But they're are a cluster of them between $20 and $27 mil a year
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-02, 13:03

The Lions are dominating so far.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next