Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+37
MiamiSpartan
TheReal_LWS
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
aualum06
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
By-Tor
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
Larry Kazamias
Death Roe
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
tanfan!
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
DWags
SpartanInNH
41 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:31

Turtleneck wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Jim Harbaugh's record at UM through 2 seasons is 20-6.

Brady Hoke was 19-7.

According to a Chris Vannini tweet, UM led in the last minute of 4 of those 6 losses, too.

Shit, I remember one game they lead with ten seconds left and had the ball. But lost. At some point someone has to say maybe it's the coach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:38

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

According to a Chris Vannini tweet, UM led in the last minute of 4 of those 6 losses, too.

Shit, I remember one game they lead with ten seconds left and had the ball. But lost. At some point someone has to say maybe it's the coach.

No one in their fanbase or media will suggest that.
To wit:

Did we get fucked? Yeah, kinda.

Did we gift the game away with turnovers? Most assuredly.

Would we all have rather won the game? Bet your fucking life.

But...let's be clear about what happened today. The game was close, but there was no doubt who the better team was. Jim Harbaugh took a bunch of scrubs who couldn't beat Rutgers two years ago and went into Columbus and controlled the game, almost from start to finish. Wilton Speight couldn't get a scholarship from NC State, and now he's going to be a first round draft pick in a couple of years. If Darboh and Chesson were Seniors in high school this year, they wouldn't even be on our board. What's going to happen when all the 5 stars arrive? And make no mistake, they're coming.

Let's be clear about something else: Jim Harbaugh is on another level from Jumbo Fisher. It's just true. Ask 32 NFL GMs who they'd rather have between the two. 31 will tell you Harbaugh without hesitation. The Cleveland Browns would go for Fisher, but that only galvanizes the point I'm making. Jimbo Fisher had no answers. FSU won that game because of turnovers, blown/missed calls and Dalvin improvising enough plays to stay competitive. There were several points in that game where it was clear that even Jimbo Fisher knew he was in over his head. It was checkers vs chess. Jimbo was on the ropes trying to avoid the knockout the entire day. Don Brown controlled their offense. Jimbo Fisher is counting his lucky stars right now, but he's also wondering how in the actual fuck he's going to beat this staff going forward.

Try to see the big picture. Jim Harbaugh is orders of magnitude a better coach than Jimbo Fisher. The 5 stars are coming. When the recruiting talent is equal, Jimbo Fisher won't stand a chance (and won't want any part of this). Harbaugh is Saban and then some. Saban got his ass handed to him as he waddled back to college. Jim Harbaugh was 6 yards away from winning a super bowl with Colin Kaepernick. With the same team, Urban Meyer goes 4-12 two years in a row and gets back in his lane.

When Dylan McCaffery is throwing to Donovan Peoples-Jones and Nico Collins, there will be no answers. Look, I loved this year's team, but the truth is there are only 5 or 6 players on this team that could compete for a starting job at Michigan in 2018. This is going to be Alabama 2.0. We have the best coach in America by a wide margin, and now he's seething fucking mad and hell bent on handing it to them for a decade. And he will. Try to see the big picture...

Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:46

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

To wit:

But...let's be clear about what happened today. The game was close, but there was no doubt who the better team was. Jim Harbaugh took a bunch of scrubs who couldn't beat Rutgers two years ago and went into Columbus and controlled the game, almost from start to finish. Wilton Speight couldn't get a scholarship from NC State, and now he's going to be a first round draft pick in a couple of years. If Darboh and Chesson were Seniors in high school this year, they wouldn't even be on our board. What's going to happen when all the 5 stars arrive? And make no mistake, they're coming.

Let's be clear about something else: Jim Harbaugh is on another level from Jumbo Fisher. It's just true. Ask 32 NFL GMs who they'd rather have between the two. 31 will tell you Harbaugh without hesitation. The Cleveland Browns would go for Fisher, but that only galvanizes the point I'm making. Jimbo Fisher had no answers. FSU won that game because of turnovers, blown/missed calls and Dalvin improvising enough plays to stay competitive. There were several points in that game where it was clear that even Jimbo Fisher knew he was in over his head. It was checkers vs chess. Jimbo was on the ropes trying to avoid the knockout the entire day. Don Brown controlled their offense. Jimbo Fisher is counting his lucky stars right now, but he's also wondering how in the actual fuck he's going to beat this staff going forward.

Try to see the big picture. Jim Harbaugh is orders of magnitude a better coach than Jimbo Fisher. The 5 stars are coming. When the recruiting talent is equal, Jimbo Fisher won't stand a chance (and won't want any part of this). Harbaugh is Saban and then some. Saban got his ass handed to him as he waddled back to college. Jim Harbaugh was 6 yards away from winning a super bowl with Colin Kaepernick. With the same team, Urban Meyer goes 4-12 two years in a row and gets back in his lane.

When Dylan McCaffery is throwing to Donovan Peoples-Jones and Nico Collins, there will be no answers. Look, I loved this year's team, but the truth is there are only 5 or 6 players on this team that could compete for a starting job at Michigan in 2018. This is going to be Alabama 2.0. We have the best coach in America by a wide margin, and now he's seething fucking mad and hell bent on handing it to them for a decade. And he will. Try to see the big picture...

Yeah, I stopped reading that silliness when I got to Harbaugh taking over a bunch of scrubs.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:52

Oh no! The five stars are coming!

The British were coming, too. Cym can tell us how that worked out for Britain.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

To wit:

Yeah, I stopped reading that silliness when I got to Harbaugh taking over a bunch of scrubs.

Dude... It gets so much better.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:53

Actually it gets worse, Clarett's.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:58

Clarett what the hell did I just read?
Damn scrubs. The senior laden team that was either the 4th (2012) or 6th (2013) best class in the nation. Scrubs.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 14:59

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 15:02

MattyFresh wrote:Clarett what the hell did I just read?
Damn scrubs. The senior laden team that was either the 4th (2012) or 6th (2013) best class in the nation. Scrubs.

Some jackass posted that on Reddit last night. I thought it was good for a laugh.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 15:04

Clarett's Folly wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Clarett what the hell did I just read?

Some jackass posted that on Reddit last night. I thought it was good for a laugh.

Haha I was like that is devotion there my friend.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 15:04

Yet it reads like a front page story at MGo.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 17:26

Remember this as the people in here whine about recruiting rankings.

#4 prospect in 2014 Lawrence Marshall - barely sees the field projected as a back up as a Sr.

And another highly rated washout....#2 player in the State in 2013///David Dawson grad Transferring.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 13:35

the last Tom Brady.....

The Detroit News ‏@detroitnews 18m18 minutes ago
Shane Morris makes it official: He's leaving Michigan @chengelis
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/01/02/shane-morris-makes-official-hes-leaving-michigan/96083168/ …

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 14:34

Jedd Fisch to UCLA to be Mora's OC.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-name-michigan-assistant-jedd-fisch-new-offensive-coordinator-010217
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 0:28

"Harbaugh, nervously, admitted he used it for chewing tobacco during the play. As Albom was about to tell him to forget about it, that it was no big deal, Harbaugh set off on a mission to recover the cup. Albom writes:
Before I could finish the words "never mind," he was running across the theater. He raced to a trash can.

"Jim" I yelled, "really, no big —"

Too late. He was rifling through the trash. He found the cup, came marching back examining it — and then apparently decided it was too dirty to return. He turned and ran to an usher.

"Excuse me," he said, "where's the nearest bathroom?"

"Jim!" I hollered. "I don't need it that —"

This sort of thing is typical for Harbaugh. Recently, Harbaugh told Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report about how he was once so fascinated with the work a traffic cop was doing at an intersection that he pulled over and watched her for a half-hour.

Harbaugh's personality can wear on people. A former NFL teammate told Anderson:

"You can’t even have long meetings with him because his mind will start to wander and you’ll have no freaking idea what he’s talking about. His personality and his weirdness wear people down over time, and after four, five years, you just don’t want to deal with the guy anymore.""

Shocked

http://www.businessinsider.com/hilarious-story-about-jim-harbaughs-crazy-intensity-2015-9
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 7:49

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 7:55

MattyFresh wrote:"Harbaugh, nervously, admitted he used it for chewing tobacco during the play. As Albom was about to tell him to forget about it, that it was no big deal, Harbaugh set off on a mission to recover the cup. Albom writes:
Before I could finish the words "never mind," he was running across the theater. He raced to a trash can.

"Jim" I yelled, "really, no big —"

Too late. He was rifling through the trash. He found the cup, came marching back examining it — and then apparently decided it was too dirty to return. He turned and ran to an usher.

"Excuse me," he said, "where's the nearest bathroom?"

"Jim!" I hollered. "I don't need it that —"

This sort of thing is typical for Harbaugh. Recently, Harbaugh told Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report about how he was once so fascinated with the work a traffic cop was doing at an intersection that he pulled over and watched her for a half-hour.

Harbaugh's personality can wear on people. A former NFL teammate told Anderson:

"You can’t even have long meetings with him because his mind will start to wander and you’ll have no freaking idea what he’s talking about. His personality and his weirdness wear people down over time, and after four, five years, you just don’t want to deal with the guy anymore.""

Shocked

http://www.businessinsider.com/hilarious-story-about-jim-harbaughs-crazy-intensity-2015-9

Aspergers.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:24

Jabril has hired an agent. #1 overall pick, make way for Jesus Peppers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jabril has hired an agent. #1 overall pick, make way for Jesus Peppers.

Bets on whether the agent was hired today or before his injury?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:35

LooseGoose wrote:Remember this as the people in here whine about recruiting rankings.

#4 prospect in 2014 Lawrence Marshall - barely sees the field projected as a back up as a Sr.

And another highly rated washout....#2 player in the State in 2013///David Dawson grad Transferring.

I wonder where Bama and Clemson recruits ranked. Or where PSUs studs ranked.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jabril has hired an agent. #1 overall pick, make way for Jesus Peppers.

Terrible news for the B1G. Everyone wanted him back!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:38

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/1/2/14144586/nfl-mock-draft-2017-leonard-fournette-jamal-adams-mitch-trubisky?client=ms-android-verizon

The Browns, of course. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 502811600

And look who Detroit takes. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 1550444538
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/1/2/14144586/nfl-mock-draft-2017-leonard-fournette-jamal-adams-mitch-trubisky?client=ms-android-verizon

The Browns, of course. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 502811600

And look who Detroit takes. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 1550444538

I already feel bad for Malik.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's a good question. There is certainly some speculation from a player's brother that it was odd that young Mr. Peppers did not watch the bowl game from the sidelines and what that might possibly mean.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's a good question. There is certainly some speculation from a player's brother that it was odd that young Mr. Peppers did not watch the bowl game from the sidelines and what that might possibly mean.

Could have had contact weeks/months ago - Hello vacated wins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:51

Peppers is directly denying this and says don't believe it unless you hear it from him or UM.

Paging Nigel, 5,4,3...
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:58

lol - reality check at MGo -

champswest
champswest's picture
MGoPoints: 14368
One of the most talented Michigan players
of all time and yet he didn't get to accomplish much in terms of winning things. No Big Ten titles, no East division championships and didn't even get to play in a bowl game let alone win one.
I am a little sad for him, but he will have a great future no matter what he decides.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:00

Herbie Green wrote:

Peppers is directly denying this and says don't believe it unless you hear it from him or UM.

Paging Nigel, 5,4,3...

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t14600-do-you-consider-penn-state-as-part-of-the-big-3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:00

I hope he likes Cleveland!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:00

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

The fact that he was up there texting when the game was on the line tells you all you need to know. Dude doesn't give a fuck about Michigan.

Do you think all those Bama players or Kentucky hoops players give a fuck about those schools?

Temporary stops along to the big leagues. Professional decisions for those guys, not because they love the school. Same deal with Peppers.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:21

Herbie Green wrote:

Paging Nigel, 5,4,3...

You seem to be quite the source on this. We anxiously await your next UM update.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:23

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:24

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Paging Nigel, 5,4,3...

You seem to be quite the source on this. We anxiously await your next UM update.

Can you please post links to all my posts in this thread. TIA
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:40

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Guys? Herbie remains THE source for Peppers news. Stay tuned for more updates!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 14:57

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Guys? Herbie remains THE source for Peppers news. Stay tuned for more updates!!!

Nice try
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:04

Looks like Conley and Hooker from OSU are going pro.

Both are in the late first early second category. Good decisions for them. If Lattimore also goes pro, they are losing 3/4 of starting secondary.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:06

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Guys?  Herbie remains THE source for Peppers news.  Stay tuned for more updates!!!

Nice try

Herbie Green wrote:

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:12

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Paging Nigel, 5,4,3...

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t14600-do-you-consider-penn-state-as-part-of-the-big-3

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p480-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#354709
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p520-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#360112
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p520-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#365111
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p520-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#365115
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p560-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#365118
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p600-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371408
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p600-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371584
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371625
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371654
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371670
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371708
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371775
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p720-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#374007
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p720-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#374012
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p800-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389545
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p840-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389574
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p840-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389591
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p840-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389599

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:13

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p480-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#354709
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p520-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#360112
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p520-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#365111
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p520-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#365115
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p560-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#365118
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p600-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371408
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p600-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371584
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371625
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371654
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371670
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371708
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p640-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#371775
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p720-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#374007
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p720-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#374012
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p800-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389545
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p840-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389574
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p840-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389591
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t10576p840-obsession-the-tears-of-my-enemies#389599

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:13

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next