Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cord Cutting or not?

+32
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Pervis Muldoon
Trapper Gus
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
I.B. Fine
By-Tor
Cameron
Heat Miser
Senior Dickfist
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Three_Putt_Par
AnomanderRake
xsanguine
aualum06
StylesGShmooth
Other Teams Pursuing That
Gomer
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
36 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Cord Cutting or not? - Page 9 Empty Re: Cord Cutting or not?

Post by The Pantry 2023-06-12, 20:44

Still haven't cut it. The smart TV and firestick remotes piss me off.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-02-20, 11:37

Michigan cord cutting accelerates; cable customers fall 13% in 2023

When the University of Michigan’s 2023 opening football game was scheduled to appear only on Peacock, NBC’s streaming service, some fans were outraged.

And when Peacock broadcast an Ohio State football game later last season, the response was even more furious: One Ohio lawmaker threatened to pass a law making it illegal to carry public university games only on streaming services.

But services like Peacock, Hulu, AppleTV, Netflix and others are becoming the norm in Michigan as cable companies lost another 190,000 subscribers in 2023, a new report issued this month shows.

That’s a 13% drop, with cable companies losing an average of nearly 16,000 subscribers every month. It’s the biggest one-year decline since there was a 31% drop in cable subscribers in 2019.

According to an annual report issued this month by the Michigan Public Service Commission, there are now roughly 1.29 million cable subscribers statewide, down over 1 million subscribers since 2015 when 2.35 million were plugged in.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-02-20, 12:34

Going to SIL's in Florida for a couple weeks next month. Hopefully I can get her set to cord cut. She's paying close to $300 for CATV and internet. I highly doubt she has ever called her provider to get a break on what they're ripping her off for. Probably going to start with Tmobile or Verizon 5g internet and go from there.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-02-20, 16:16

Will have Roku with Spectrum’s “ slowest” speed “up to 300 mps for $80 a month. Use a digital antenna for major networks, Peacock (with commercials) $6 per month, Hulu $6/month (with commercials) Paramount Plus with Showtime (no commercials) for $120/year one time. Have had Amazon Prime for years before TV.

Works out to $104/mth. We don’t need the crap channels includes in their basic package.

WOTS is Paramount and Peacock may merge so who the hell know how this ends.

PS
Spectrum is working to get rid of their cable boxes with their own Roku like device XUMO for $5 a month rent or buy it for $60. I’m guessing old customers will lose their cable boxes in the next 2 years.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-02-20, 17:40

GRR Spartan wrote:Will have Roku with Spectrum’s “ slowest” speed “up to 300 mps for $80 a month. Use a digital antenna for major networks, Peacock (with commercials) $6 per month, Hulu $6/month (with commercials) Paramount Plus with Showtime (no commercials) for $120/year one time. Have had Amazon Prime for years before TV.

Works out to $104/mth. We don’t need the crap channels includes in their basic package.

WOTS is Paramount and Peacock may merge so who the hell know how this ends.

PS
Spectrum is working to get rid of their cable boxes with their own Roku like device XUMO for $5 a month rent or buy it for $60. I’m guessing old customers will lose their cable boxes in the next 2 years.
WOW keeps jacking prices for cable customers in the Detroit area, clearly wanting out of the cable business to only serve internet. They have employed other tactics too, like disabiling popular channels for periods of time. My cheapo package only has a handful of HD channels, all unavailable for NFL playoff games.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-20, 19:03

I stream Spectrum with their app. Apparently Bally sports Detroit is not available in 49707 but I go ten miles down the road to my parents in 49777 and get it with spectrum. Fucking stupid.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-21, 16:19

Why anyone still does not have YoutubeTV is absolutely mindbottling.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-21, 16:29

Nordic wrote:Why anyone still does not have YoutubeTV is absolutely mindbottling.

Got the YouTubeTV 4k for the Super Bowl. Get a few games/week now that are 4k. I like it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-21, 17:09

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:Why anyone still does not have YoutubeTV is absolutely mindbottling.

Got the YouTubeTV 4k for the Super Bowl.  Get a few games/week now that are 4k.  I like it.  

Yup. I upgraded to 4k mainly because my kids vulture off my account and you can add more people on the 4k plan. The first time a game randomly popped up in 4k I was Shocked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-22, 19:46

Watching the Wings on Fubo and there is so much suck. The picture sucks. The refresh rate/lag sucks. The guide sucks.

Any chance we get Wings on YTTV next year with all the Bally's shake up? Wings games (and CBC) are the only things I miss from cable.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-17, 13:19

Had WOW cable/internet 20 years.  They've finally forced my hand.  Just jacked my cable bill $30/month.  Called retention and said they couldn't offer any discounts.  The time to switch to pure streaming has come.  

No way I'll be using WOW for internet ($75/month).  Will likely get YT TV directly from YT.

Please recommend internet options to explore.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-17, 13:29

Not that many internet options to explore. You can switch to Xfinity and keep fiber internet but those of us with Xfinity think the same of them as you do of WOW.

ATT offers wifi via their 5g cellular network. You just plug in a small box in your house and it broadcasts a wifi signal to your house from the cellular network. Not sure how good that is for streaming. They do offer a bundle with Direct TV running off that network, no dish neede.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-03-17, 14:34

Zurn wrote:Not that many internet options to explore. You can switch to Xfinity and keep fiber internet but those of us with Xfinity think the same of them as you do of WOW.

ATT offers wifi via their 5g cellular network. You just plug in a small box in your house and it broadcasts a wifi signal to your house from the cellular network. Not sure how good that is for streaming. They do offer a bundle with Direct TV running off that network, no dish neede.
Sis and BIL have ATT fiber run to their house in NC. Think it's available here and going to look into it. They also have ATT Uverse, which is now not available for new subscibers. Like WOW, apparently ATT wants out of cable too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9