Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game

+15
xsanguine
InTenSity
NigelUno
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
By-Tor
DWags
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
Blanch32
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  Empty Re: Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game

Post by Nordic Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:23

Damn your needy....

1) Park just south of Duffy practice field

2) Place kid on shoulders and head to the Dairy Store... kids like ice cream

3) Head to the Southwest entrance to the stadium about an hour before kick. The team will walk by. She will think they are gladiators. Maybe even pet that freesbie dog.

4) Get snacks.

5) Get seats at the 50

6) Stay for 15 minutes

7) Get bored

7) Late lunch at Hopslam

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  Empty Re: Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:24

Get in town early. Park downtown. Go out to eat somewhere kid friendly. Plan to be done by 1:45 or so and take your time walking to the Stadium. If you get there shortly after 2 you should be able to grab great seats. Stadium sale - they have it every year. I've never really found anything great there but I haven't looked real hard, either.

After game - Dairy Store.

Remember, you can't bring shit in terms of a bag, even for the spring game. No purses, no diaper bags, no umbrellas. Hopefully it warms the fuck up by then.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:27

gHost Spartan wrote:
I saw that there's going to be a huge sale at the stadium all day on Saturday - are there good deals or just a bunch of shitty unwanted merchandise at 70% off?

Don't bother.  All crappy shit in size smedium.  LooseGoose and Dwags would probably ravish this cheap retro gear.

gHost Spartan wrote:

Are the players and coaches around after the game? Can you meet and talk to them?

Yes.  They will all come out the SW entrance...straightest shot from the Duff.  Some will hang around and schmooze with the fans.  Some will beeline it back to the Duff.

Last edited by Nordic on Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:29

Nordic wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
I saw that there's going to be a huge sale at the stadium all day on Saturday - are there good deals or just a bunch of shitty unwanted merchandise at 70% off?

Don't bother.  All crappy shit in size smedium.  LooseGoose and Dwags would probably ravish this cheap retro gear.

gHost Spartan wrote:

Are the players and coaches around after the game? Can you meet and talk to them?

Yes.  They will all come out the SE entrance...straightest shot from the Duff.  Some will hang around and schmooze with the fans.  Some will beeline it back to the Duff.

Actually....I'm thinking with the new building not so anymore. They probably go out the N End Zone and straight to that joint. No?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yes.  They will all come out the SE entrance...straightest shot from the Duff.  Some will hang around and schmooze with the fans.  Some will beeline it back to the Duff.

Actually....I'm thinking with the new building not so anymore. They probably go out the N End Zone and straight to that joint. No?

Good point, not 100% sure.

BUT if they are doing the kids clinic thing, I would bet they gear up at the Duff.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:48

They are doing the kids clinic. It's ages 8+. Crazy to think my kid can partake in that bebacle in a couple of years. Time flies.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They are doing the kids clinic. It's ages 8+. Crazy to think my kid can partake in that bebacle in a couple of years. Time flies.

Then I would bet they walk to and from the Duff (that and a bunch of other reasons that I'm too lazy to type out)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:51

Peanut Barrel
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:58

If you go to the Dairy store tell them you're a friend of John Engstrom's and wink. You'll get some of the good stuff then but don't tell Gomer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 22:59

gHost Spartan wrote:WBH/Nordic - are you guys going to the game?

Undecided. We have another activity lined up that day that my wife bought tickets for unknowingly.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 23:08

gHost Spartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:Damn your needy.....

1) Park just south of Duffy practice field

2) Place kid on shoulders and head to the Dairy Store... kids like ice cream

3) Head to the Southwest entrance to the stadium about an hour before kick. The team will walk by. She will think they are gladiators. Maybe even pet that freesbie dog.

4) Get snacks.

5) Get seats at the 50

6) Stay for 15 minutes

7) Get bored

7) Late lunch at Hopslam

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to the experience. Great suggestions. The game should be over around 5pm so hopefully it won't be too cold for ice cream.

Pre-game ice cream (step 2). You won't last long at the game with a 3-year old
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 23:12

The actual game is kind of boring
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 23:30

It's a really fun day on campus if you are bringing your kid(s), though, assuming the weather is decent. Which is a real stretch.

No stress, crowds are way down from a regular game, it's FREE so less pressure to stay long, campus is kinda fun and lazy, bars/restaurants/dairy store/book store not as crowded. It's a great time. If the weather is decent.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 23:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's a really fun day on campus if you are bringing your kid(s), though, assuming the weather is decent. Which is a real stretch.

No stress, crowds are way down from a regular game, it's FREE so less pressure to stay long, campus is kinda fun and lazy, bars/restaurants/dairy store/book store not as crowded. It's a great time. If the weather is decent.

I sure hope the weather is decent.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 23:48

gHost Spartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Pre-game ice cream (step 2). You won't last long at the game with a 3-year old
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing - but if she gets bored there's always YouTube videos or iPad to keep her occupied. Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  2599972566

Effing kid won't get off her phone at dinner doesn't even talk or look at us

- ghost in 10 years
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 23:49

It won't be.
Rocinante wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's a really fun day on campus if you are bringing your kid(s), though, assuming the weather is decent. Which is a real stretch.

I sure hope the weather is decent.

It won't be.

Can you tell I'm finally getting fed up?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 0:00

The weather is going to be awesome. I'll be wearing flip flops.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 8:50

Isn't there a butterfly house on campus still? Drop her off there, then hit up the riv, and get smashed and try to convince some girl to take you back to her dorm room. Preferably yakEly hall aka virgin Island.

Then go do a leg stand at some random house party on stoddard. Remember your $5 for the cup. Tip well
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 8:58

At said house party, try matching out with 5 to 10 under 21 year olds for old times sake. Then hit up ricks, and grind your dick off on same skank on the dance floor. Take her back to Melrose place, and give her the best fingerblasting she's ever had.

Do all this to the best of your ability without contracting mono. But if you do, simply head over to Olin in the am, where they will tell you are pregnant
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:03

Just remember that Spring Game tailgating rules are little different, at least last time I checked.  No open alcohol. Concealed alcohol, well, that's a different story as long as you don't get so out of control that you warrant closer examination by the DPS.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:09

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Just remember that Spring Game tailgating rules are little different, at least last time I checked.  No open alcohol. Concealed alcohol, well, that's a different story as long as you don't get so out of control that you warrant closer examination by the DPS.

I'll be there with the family so I won't be drinking. Just a family day walking around campus and watching MSU football.
Yeah, I posted that more for anyone else who might be going for the first time and need a pro tip.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:11

I'm going. Good excuse to get on campus for a little while. Yeah, the game can get kinda boring after a while, but if it's a nice day it's worth checking out just to get back in the stadium for an afternoon.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:27

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Just remember that Spring Game tailgating rules are little different, at least last time I checked.  No open alcohol. Concealed alcohol, well, that's a different story as long as you don't get so out of control that you warrant closer examination by the DPS.

I'll be there with the family so I won't be drinking. Just a family day walking around campus and watching MSU football.

...and how will that get your dick wet?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:29

Blanch32 wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Now that you're almost married you need to forget about that shit Blanch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 9:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Now that you're almost married you need to forget about that shit Blanch.

This is true. This transition will not be as easy as I first thought
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 10:26

Wish I had gHost chedda, flying up to EL from PHX with the fam just for the Spring game. Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  328670334
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 10:28

Why don't you drink with your family u always enjoy drinking with mine the most
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 10:28

I
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 10:39

Kid will be busy at the game, I'll probably stop in, depending on the weather that day, and how Dantonio is going to play the spring game. Not interested in a bad weather gimmmicky type game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 10:47

DWags wrote:Kid will be busy at the game, I'll probably stop in, depending on the weather that day, and how Dantonio is going to play the spring game.   Not interested in a bad weather gimmmicky type game.  

Sparty is lined up in the backfield!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 12:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:Kid will be busy at the game, I'll probably stop in, depending on the weather that day, and how Dantonio is going to play the spring game.   Not interested in a bad weather gimmmicky type game.  

Sparty is lined up in the backfield!!!!

They need to run the "Sparty is a special needs kid" play. Then mad fireworks
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 12:59

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 28m28 minutes ago
Learn from the Spartans at MSU Football's Youth Clinic on April 23. The free event is open to ages 8-12.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  CfdAw5cVAAEvnLX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 13:14

LooseGoose wrote:Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 28m28 minutes ago
Learn from the Spartans at MSU Football's Youth Clinic on April 23. The free event is open to ages 8-12.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  CfdAw5cVAAEvnLX

Maybe it's time ghost shows his daughter how to pretend to be special needs for free snacks?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 13:48

Blanch32 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 28m28 minutes ago

Maybe it's time ghost shows his daughter how to pretend to be special needs for free snacks?

Send him some film of you to use for training.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 14:05

Even though the kids clinic is for kids 8-12, they allow younger kids to enter but not participate in the drills. I recommend this cause the players and coaching staff are super accessible during the clinic. The indoor field, weight room and outdoor practice fields will be open you're free to roam around.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 14:12

By-Tor wrote:Even though the kids clinic is for kids 8-12, they allow younger kids to enter but not participate in the drills. I recommend this cause the players and coaching staff are super accessible during the clinic. The indoor field, weight room and outdoor practice fields will be open you're free to roam around.

Do tell. What do the younger kids do if they're not doing drills?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 14:19

Trip the older kids
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 14:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Even though the kids clinic is for kids 8-12, they allow younger kids to enter but not participate in the drills.    I recommend this cause the players and coaching staff are super accessible during the clinic.    The indoor field, weight room and outdoor practice fields will be open you're free to roam around.  

Do tell. What do the younger kids do if they're not doing drills?
 Run around, watch the other kids do drills, do cartwheels, bring a ball to play to catch, take pictures with players/coaches/sparty, get autographs, etc
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 0:14

It all depends on the weather, gHost. Prolly gonna snow.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 11 Apr 2016 - 10:27

gHost Spartan wrote:http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040516aab.html

Earlier today we booked our flights back to the Midwest and I'm going to bring the family to the spring game. It'll be my 3 year old daughter's first time seeing the Spartans in real life, she's watched most games with me and she absolutely loves the Spartans.

What time should I plan on getting to the game? I'd like to get really good seats near the 50 yard line and in the front row.

Best place to park? I'll have my 3 year old without a stroller.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
enjoy the time with your family on the most beautiful campus in America.

The coaches and fine scholar-athletes are sometimes more accessible than others. If they are occupied at the time, rest assured that they are working to make you and your family proud fans with regard to their academic and athletic endeavors.

Might I suggest a stroll down Grand River? Maybe your daughter (sorry For bin) can meet some cheerleaders, band members.. drunk kids.. jort-wearin', goatee bedazzled fans who make Game Day what it is on the banks of the Red Cedar. Be sure to have your camera ready in case Sparty happens to be in the vicinity.

No day Game Day in East Lansing will be complete with a visit to SBS - it is there that you will be able to buy the legendary MSU clothing that was carefully tailored by a 7 year old shackled to a machine in rural Cambodia.

I hear the HopCat is preparing a very special brew for this very special day. It's working title is the Spartan Spring Game Double-Hopped Split Fence Post Fly Fishing Triple Axle Blueberry Rainwater Up North IPA. You'll enjoy not only the drinks there but the deep-fried french fries that you can't get anywhere else but HopCat. They're basically deep-fried potatoes with seasoning on them. Just a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Also, stop by the Broad Museum for family portraits. When you get back home, you can tell your friends that you were a passenger on a aluminum foil-wrapped cruise ship that ran aground across from an empty building that once housed a Taco Bell. Laughs of hysteria will ensue.

most of all, just enjoy the occasion. It's not every day you get to waltz the grounds where Legends attend class and represent the University that we all know and love on the field of athletics. Your heart will swell with pride as you describe to your young Spartan the experience that she is swimming around in while on campus and it's something that she'll carry with her forever.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next