Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game

+15
xsanguine
InTenSity
NigelUno
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
By-Tor
DWags
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
Blanch32
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 Empty Re: Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-11, 10:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040516aab.html

Earlier today we booked our flights back to the Midwest and I'm going to bring the family to the spring game. It'll be my 3 year old daughter's first time seeing the Spartans in real life, she's watched most games with me and she absolutely loves the Spartans.

What time should I plan on getting to the game? I'd like to get really good seats near the 50 yard line and in the front row.

Best place to park? I'll have my 3 year old without a stroller.

Any other suggestions?

I saw that there's going to be a huge sale at the stadium all day on Saturday - are there good deals or just a bunch of shitty unwanted merchandise at 70% off?

Are the players and coaches around after the game? Can you meet and talk to them?

Thanks in advance
enjoy the time with your family on the most beautiful campus in America.

The coaches and fine scholar-athletes are sometimes more accessible than others. If they are occupied at the time, rest assured that they are working to make you and your family proud fans with regard to their academic and athletic endeavors.

Might I suggest a stroll down Grand River? Maybe your daughter (sorry For bin) can meet some cheerleaders, band members.. drunk kids.. jort-wearin', goatee bedazzled fans who make Game Day what it is on the banks of the Red Cedar. Be sure to have your camera ready in case Sparty happens to be in the vicinity.

No day Game Day in East Lansing will be complete with a visit to SBS - it is there that you will be able to buy the legendary MSU clothing that was carefully tailored by a 7 year old shackled to a machine in rural Cambodia.

I hear the HopCat is preparing a very special brew for this very special day. It's working title is the Spartan Spring Game Double-Hopped Split Fence Post Fly Fishing Triple Axle Blueberry Rainwater Up North IPA. You'll enjoy not only the drinks there but the deep-fried french fries that you can't get anywhere else but HopCat. They're basically deep-fried potatoes with seasoning on them. Just a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Also, stop by the Broad Museum for family portraits. When you get back home, you can tell your friends that you were a passenger on a aluminum foil-wrapped cruise ship that ran aground across from an empty building that once housed a Taco Bell. Laughs of hysteria will ensue.

most of all, just enjoy the occasion. It's not every day you get to waltz the grounds where Legends attend class and represent the University that we all know and love on the field of athletics. Your heart will swell with pride as you describe to your young Spartan the experience that she is swimming around in while on campus and it's something that she'll carry with her forever.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 He%2527s%2Bback
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 Empty Re: Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-11, 10:32

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The coaches and fine scholar-athletes are sometimes more accessible than others. If they are occupied at the time, rest assured that they are working to make you and your family proud fans with regard to their academic and athletic endeavors.

Might I suggest a stroll down Grand River? Maybe your daughter (sorry For bin) can meet some cheerleaders, band members.. drunk kids.. jort-wearin', goatee bedazzled fans who make Game Day what it is on the banks of the Red Cedar. Be sure to have your camera ready in case Sparty happens to be in the vicinity.

No day Game Day in East Lansing will be complete with a visit to SBS - it is there that you will be able to buy the legendary MSU clothing that was carefully tailored by a 7 year old shackled to a machine in rural Cambodia.

I hear the HopCat is preparing a very special brew for this very special day. It's working title is the Spartan Spring Game Double-Hopped Split Fence Post Fly Fishing Triple Axle Blueberry Rainwater Up North IPA. You'll enjoy not only the drinks there but the deep-fried french fries that you can't get anywhere else but HopCat. They're basically deep-fried potatoes with seasoning on them. Just a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Also, stop by the Broad Museum for family portraits. When you get back home, you can tell your friends that you were a passenger on a aluminum foil-wrapped cruise ship that ran aground across from an empty building that once housed a Taco Bell. Laughs of hysteria will ensue.

most of all, just enjoy the occasion. It's not every day you get to waltz the grounds where Legends attend class and represent the University that we all know and love on the field of athletics. Your heart will swell with pride as you describe to your young Spartan the experience that she is swimming around in while on campus and it's something that she'll carry with her forever.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 He%2527s%2Bback
Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 200

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-04-11, 10:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It all depends on the weather, gHost. Prolly gonna snow.
Right now, the forecast is for 72 with a chance of rain, of course that could be subject to change.
Trying to figure a way to trick twife into going to EL for the day.
I hear Goose will have pie.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-11, 10:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040516aab.html

Earlier today we booked our flights back to the Midwest and I'm going to bring the family to the spring game. It'll be my 3 year old daughter's first time seeing the Spartans in real life, she's watched most games with me and she absolutely loves the Spartans.

What time should I plan on getting to the game? I'd like to get really good seats near the 50 yard line and in the front row.

Any other suggestions?

I saw that there's going to be a huge sale at the stadium all day on Saturday - are there good deals or just a bunch of shitty unwanted merchandise at 70% off?

Are the players and coaches around after the game? Can you meet and talk to them?

Thanks in advance

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 502811600 :lolz Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-13, 08:37

I think I might go to the spring game..

if it's a week from this Saturday (is that right?), my wife is out of the country and my daughter (sorry For bin) has to work.. so I'm not sure what else I have to do...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-18, 16:04

Go to Hopcat.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-18, 16:11

gHost, you could have a beer with Bob.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 23:44

Bob is busy that weekend. Bob will let you know if he's free next time but don't bother Bob before that time comes because Bob does not like to be pestered unless it's by Mrs. Bob.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-18, 23:59

I have a question for Bob, why in the fuck would you choose to spend your day doing something like this when you don't seem to like or care about MSU sports and seem to have a general disdain for the people and/or atmosphere surrounding them?

Seems like you could probably go on a bike ride or go to a local watering hole and blast PBRs or just sit in your living room with your LP player and rock out with your cock out to music songs.

Seems like an odd choice to me. Not judging.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 23:59

Easy, WBH. We're all bros here...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-19, 00:06

I didn't mean for that to sound aggressive or angry. Just curious. Totally legit question. But feel free to interpret as you will.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-19, 00:55

I think he posts at work wbh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-19, 00:56

Don't mind xsan, either. He's just doing his role. He makes sure everyone stays bros here. The bromitor.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-19, 01:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Don't mind xsan, either. He's just doing his role. He makes sure everyone stays bros here. The bromitor.

I'm tSwill's Squirrel Master...

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 Half-baked-696184l-480x480-b-446194f8
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-19, 07:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a question for Bob, why in the fuck would you choose to spend your day doing something like this when you don't seem to like or care about MSU sports and seem to have a general disdain for the people and/or atmosphere surrounding them?

Seems like you could probably go on a bike ride or go to a local watering hole and blast PBRs or just sit in your living room with your LP player and rock out with your cock out to music songs.

Come on, this is the longest rhetorical question in history. We all know why he does it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 07:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a question for Bob, why in the fuck would you choose to spend your day doing something like this when you don't seem to like or care about MSU sports and seem to have a general disdain for the people and/or atmosphere surrounding them?

'sup, G - I enjoy being outside.. and I'll ride my bike and probably run earlier in the morning. Yeah, tunes are always on at the house - so that's nothing unusual.

as I mentioned, the wife will be gone, the kid (sorry For bin) will be busy, so I'll just walk around downtown, campus and hit the game for a bit.. people watching is always interesting. Then home for a nap..

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 07:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I didn't mean for that to sound aggressive or angry. Just curious. Totally legit question. But feel free to interpret as you will.
you're a great American and a damn fine Spartan.

the more sensitive cupcakes on here would move to have you banned for such a tone. Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-19, 08:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I didn't mean for that to sound aggressive or angry. Just curious. Totally legit question. But feel free to interpret as you will.
you're a great American and a damn fine Spartan.

the more sensitive cupcakes on here would move to have you banned for such a tone. Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 502811600

Genius. Pure genius. Nigel take notes.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-19, 08:53

Blanch32 wrote:...Nigel...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-19, 08:59

It's walking distance for sure - near el Az. You might want to check on the website, I'm not sure you can bring a stroller into the stadium. In fact I highly doubt it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 09:00

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:'sup, G - I enjoy being outside.. and I'll ride my bike and probably run earlier in the morning. Yeah, tunes are always on at the house - so that's nothing unusual.

as I mentioned, the wife will be gone, the kid (sorry For bin) will be busy, so I'll just walk around downtown, campus and hit the game for a bit.. people watching is always interesting. Then home for a nap..

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 969504605
Bob where exactly is Hopcat in EL? Walking distance to the stadium? Also, should I bring a cheapie stroller for my 3 year old? I think walking around campus might be a little much for her.
HopCat is at the corner of Albert and Grove.. right across from the 7/11 that looks like it was transported from Kabul just after the 3rd suicide bombing in a week.

I'd suggest the cheapie stroller. From what I recall, those things are light, not much to them - and the kid can hop in and out as she needs to.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 09:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's walking distance for sure - near el Az. You might want to check on the website, I'm not sure you can bring a stroller into the stadium. In fact I highly doubt it.
yeah, not sure if you could bring it into the stadium - but I was thinking more for just walking around town/campus.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 09:09

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:HopCat is at the corner of Albert and Grove.. right across from the 7/11 that looks like it was transported from Kabul just after the 3rd suicide bombing in a week.

I'd suggest the cheapie stroller. From what I recall, those things are light, not much to them - and the kid can hop in and out as she needs to.

I was going to buy a cheapie stroller and just ditch it in the bushes near the stadium and retrieve it later or bring a little bike lock and lock it up somewhere. Probably just ditch it.

Bob any other recommendations? Remember, we're going to be out in the "zone" (no hotel or place to go for the entire day) with our parked car being our base until after the game, when we will drive to Niles, Michigan to visit my wife's friend.
just throw the cheapie stroller into the Red Cedar when you're finished with it. The do-gooders will fish it out next spring.

I don't know - I'm in downtown EL every day.. probably try to hit up a few spots for a beer, walk around campus, etc - supposed to be a nice day, I think. Was 80 yesterday - way too hot - I was running on campus and wanted to throw myself into the aforementioned river. Supposed to be cooler Saturday, which is good. I'm guessing the band will be around (though I don't know how that works) - kids tend to dig stuff like that.

if you need a dog, my wife's is still available.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-04-19, 09:46; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-19, 09:41

Ghost, take her to Fog's in Howell after the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FarTILUsU
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-19, 15:07

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 8m8 minutes ago
Believe I've deciphered the Green & White rosters for MSU's spring scrimmage. Do not use these for betting purposes.

Help me plan my day - I'm bringing the family to MSU for the Spring Game  - Page 2 CgbVnsdWIAA7iwI
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-19, 15:14

Jim Comparoni ‏@JimComparoni 26m26 minutes ago
Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops was here for the MSU draft. Seriously. He and Dantonio just walked out of the building together, talking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-19, 15:15

Interesting on Lewerke.....

Kyle Austin ‏@kylebaustin 32m32 minutes ago
Notable draft picks: Donnie Corley as No. 1 (non-senior) WR, Brian Lewerke as No. 1 QB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-19, 15:16

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 38m38 minutes ago
Felton Davis second WR to Green, then Brandon Sowards to White at three. Interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-04-19, 15:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Bwaaa haaa
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-19, 15:31

LooseGoose wrote:Jim Comparoni ‏@JimComparoni 26m26 minutes ago
Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops was here for the MSU draft. Seriously. He and Dantonio just walked out of the building together, talking.

Interesting. Oklahoma plays Ohio State this fall.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-04-19, 15:38

Stop by the Rock between 9am-noon to donate a couple bucks to the Ecuador earthquake relief fund.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-19, 16:29

I think "controversial" overstates it a bit...........

Controversial picks dot Michigan State Green-White player draft
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-19, 22:51

Tim Wakefield wrote:Stop by the Rock between 9am-noon to donate a couple bucks to the Ecuador earthquake relief fund.

People need help in Detroit and I should send money to South America?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-04-19, 22:59

The_Dude wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Stop by the Rock between 9am-noon to donate a couple bucks to the Ecuador earthquake relief fund.

If you want. Guessing you don't donate to people in Detroit either.

Asshole
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 07:39

LooseGoose wrote:Jim Comparoni ‏@JimComparoni 26m26 minutes ago
seriously??

two people walked out of a building together.. and they were.. talking?? Shocked

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 07:41

I was running by the Rock earlier this week.. was pretty flooded by the river. Think we could take up money for a few sandbags??

(just kidding - I'll swing by Saturday and throw a few bucks in for the Ecuador relief fund. I don't have anything else to do).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-20, 09:01

The_Dude wrote:

No, but do all you right wing hateful people have to bitch about those who are donating their own fucking money to a cause they want to donate to? WTF does it matter to you? Do we really need "People are in need of help here!". The fuck. Just be quiet if you don't want to donate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 09:03

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

No, but do all you right wing hateful people have to bitch about those who are donating their own fucking money to a cause they want to donate to? WTF does it matter to you? Do we really need "People are in need of help here!". The fuck. Just be quiet if you don't want to donate.
it's part of his plan to encourage independence.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 09:04

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:HopCat is at the corner of Albert and Grove.. right across from the 7/11 that looks like it was transported from Kabul just after the 3rd suicide bombing in a week.

I was going to buy a cheapie stroller and just ditch it in the bushes near the stadium and retrieve it later or bring a little bike lock and lock it up somewhere. Probably just ditch it.

Bob any other recommendations? Remember, we're going to be out in the "zone" (no hotel or place to go for the entire day) with our parked car being our base until after the game, when we will drive to Niles, Michigan to visit my wife's friend.
dude, instead of ditching the cheapie stroller into the Red Cedar, you could donate it to Ecuador at the Rock.

win/win.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next