Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident

+8
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Gomer
DWags
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
12 posters

Go down

Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident Empty Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident

Post by kingstonlake 2016-04-10, 09:03

Dead at the scene in New Orleans garden district. Shooter looks "nice".. Slumped over the steering wheel. Wife shot twice.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/04/ex-saints_will_smith_shot_to_d.html

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident Empty Re: Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-10, 10:08

Sickening.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident Empty Re: Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-04-10, 12:18

That's fucked up
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-10, 14:02

I just read that the guy they arrested had dinner with him. Doesn't sound like road rage.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-10, 15:12

Rocinante wrote:I just read that the guy they arrested had dinner with him. Doesn't sound like road rage.

What? Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-10, 17:16

Rocinante wrote:I just read that the guy they arrested had dinner with him. Doesn't sound like road rage.

Wait, what? Link?? Shocked
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-10, 17:23

Will Smith, Former Saints DE, Fatally Shot in New Orleans at Age 34

"Hayes was a football player at Warren Easton High School in 2004 and was ranked among the top prospects in Louisiana," NOLA.com's Evan Woodbery reported. "As recently as 2015, it appears he was still playing football for the Crescent City Kings, a local developmental team."

Hayes had also sued the City of New Orleans and six New Orleans police officers in 2006 after his father was "pepper-sprayed and shot nine times by police while brandishing a knife along St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District," according to Ken Daley of NOLA.com.

Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu took to Twitter after hearing about the shooter:

I know that dude, he been a hating ass coward.... Never knew he'd grow up to be a killer tho.... May you get what you deserve coward

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) April 10, 2016
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-04-10, 17:25

SpartanInNH wrote:

I think he confused the other car that was hit. Smith and his wife were with that dude, not the shooter. Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-10, 17:57

kingstonlake wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

I think he confused the other car that was hit. Smith and his wife were with that dude, not the shooter. Former Saints all pro Will Smith shot 6 times in road rage incident 2599972566

Cardell Hayes, suspected of killing former Saints player Will Smith, sued city of New Orleans after police killed dad in 2005

One of the defendants mentioned in that lawsuit had dined with Smith shortly before the former football pro was killed....

One of the defendants named in the lawsuit Hayes filed against the city was Billy Ceravolo, who retired from the New Orleans Police Department as a captain in 2013 after 25 years on the force. The lawsuit accused Ceravolo of being among several officers to fatally shoot Anthony Hayes.....

Ceravolo on Sunday said he was eating dinner with Smith and former Saints running back Pierre Thomas at a restaurant in the Lower Garden District shortly before authorities said Smith was rear-ended by Cardell Hayes, 28, on a nearby street....

Ceravolo, who called Smith and Thomas personal friends, said he was not at the scene of the shooting when it occurred and was not aware that Hayes had named him in his federal lawsuit.

Small fuckin' world.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-04-10, 18:57

Looks like he won't be gettin' jiggy with it anymore. RIP.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-11, 00:05

Yeah I was misinformed. Sorry.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-04-11, 05:28

Rocinante wrote:Yeah I was misinformed. Sorry.

Banned.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-11, 09:34

Rocinante wrote:Yeah I was misinformed. Sorry.
it's okay.. sometimes parents just don't understand.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-31, 17:28

No idea what significance this has if any, the shooter has claimed he was aggressive toward him. Toxicology came back today @ .24 so triple most state's "drunk driving definition" and double even the old ones of .10 or .12.

Report: Toxicology shows Will Smith was legally drunk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-31, 22:16

LooseGoose wrote:No idea what significance this has if any, the shooter has claimed he was aggressive toward him. Toxicology came back today @ .24 so triple most state's "drunk driving definition" and double even the old ones of .10 or .12.

Report: Toxicology shows Will Smith was legally drunk

Ftr, that's fucking redic. Especially for a dude his size. Bar needs to be sued
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-12, 23:30

Good read

THE SAINT v.THE 'THUG'

That, at least, was the narrative being pushed in the immediate aftermath of Will Smith’s shooting death six months ago: an NFL superstar fallen victim to a villainous face of lawless New Orleans. The truth is far more complex
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-13, 11:22

LooseGoose wrote:Good read

THE SAINT v.THE 'THUG'

That, at least, was the narrative being pushed in the immediate aftermath of Will Smith’s shooting death six months ago: an NFL superstar fallen victim to a villainous face of lawless New Orleans. The truth is far more complex

Fantastic read.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-10-13, 12:28

THE SAINT v.THE 'THUG'

Good read.  One thing I didn't see resolved...was there evidence on the vehicles of the first bump that supposedly started everything?  According to the video it looks like they never touched but it's hard to tell.  If that didn't happen there is obviously more that occurred prior that we are not hearing.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 12:42

CheesySpartan wrote:

THE SAINT v.THE 'THUG'

Good read.  One thing I didn't see resolved...was there evidence on the vehicles of the first bump that supposedly started everything?  According to the video it looks like they never touched but it's hard to tell.  If that didn't happen there is obviously more that occurred prior that we are not hearing.

It'll be an interesting trial to follow. What happened seems to be completely unknown for now. I think the question of whether Smith would have been charged if the roles were reversed is pertinent.

But overall a way different story than the original "road rage" and "thug" narrative that was pushed out early on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-13, 12:45

I read it, too. Yeah it's going to be tough. Testimony from the other eye witnesses is going to be key. I kind of don't buy that the guys in the hummer were just casually trying to sniff out Smith's plates, though. If you watch the video, it looks like a pretty solid 'get off my ass' brake check, and they took right the fuck off in hot pursuit after he pulled away. They were mad and probably hit Smith's car with intent and were looking for a fight.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-13, 12:59

Alcohol and guns aren't ever a good combination
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-13, 13:00

Speaking of alcohol and weapons, my stun gun is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to use it on a creepy clown.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-13, 13:19

People used to settle fights with fists, now everyone needs a gun.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-10-13, 13:37

The_Dude wrote:People used to settle fights with fists, now everyone needs a gun OR A KEYBOARD.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-09, 11:12

Witness: Will Smith was the aggressor

O’Neal, a friend of defender Cardell Hayes, testified that Smith was the aggressor. Pressed by a prosecutor regarding the reality that Smith’s family no longer has him in their lives, O’Neal reportedly became loud.

“Did her husband bring [about] his own demise?” O’Neal said, via ESPN.com. “I’m just asking. He attacked [Hayes] from the beginning to the end of that situation. At no point in time did I ever see [Hayes] irate or aggressive with anyone out there. At no point in time, my God’s honest truth, did I ever see [Hayes] get angry.”

O’Neal made his opinion clear: “Before anyone was shot, Mr. Hayes was under attack as well as myself. Point blank period.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-09, 11:19

LooseGoose wrote:Witness: Will Smith was the aggressor

O’Neal, a friend of defender Cardell Hayes, testified that Smith was the aggressor. Pressed by a prosecutor regarding the reality that Smith’s family no longer has him in their lives, O’Neal reportedly became loud.

“Did her husband bring [about] his own demise?” O’Neal said, via ESPN.com. “I’m just asking. He attacked [Hayes] from the beginning to the end of that situation. At no point in time did I ever see [Hayes] irate or aggressive with anyone out there. At no point in time, my God’s honest truth, did I ever see [Hayes] get angry.”

O’Neal made his opinion clear: “Before anyone was shot, Mr. Hayes was under attack as well as myself. Point blank period.”
so.. a couple of guys that were up to no good.. started makin' trouble in his neighborhood..?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down