Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey

+19
tGreenWay
goodbar
The_Dude
Cym Jim
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
Izzo Court
tanfan!
DroppedByADime
Jethro Bodeen
Rodeo Burger
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Blanch32
Code_Warrior
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
WhiteBoyHatcher
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey Empty Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:44

I'm sure you've all seen the story.

Please try to keep politics out of it. I think we can all agree that if the reports we are hearing are true this guy probably shouldn't have owned a gun. No reason to go beyond that.

What would you have done if you were the victim? I am completely self aware and have no need or desire to act like a badass. However, if someone acts as recklessly as the pickup driver is purported to have and my wife (or kids) were in the car, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. Put me in harm's way, fine. Put my family in harm's way, and things are a bit different.

So sad. ****ing asshole.

You ever get into a road rage confrontation? Does a story like this make you think twice about your temperament behind the wheel going forward?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140904/METRO06/309040115/Howell-man-charged-murder-shooting-Brighton-motorist

Oh, and fair warning. If and when tTito, The_Dude, Cym and Bobby Saks turn this thread political I'm gonna bomb it with pics of scantily clad gay dudes with boners.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey Empty Re: Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:51

I'm much more likely to confront someone when I'm alone. If the FAM is with me I give bungholes like this a wide swathe.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey Empty Re: Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:52

I'd never get out of the car to confront someone... Usually I'd just honk and yell at them, but I really hesitate to even do that now since you never know who is going to murder you for no reason these days.

Is that too political? Please no boners.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:53

WBH, the problem with your threat is that all of those dudes except for tTito would enjoy those pictures.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:57

This story pisses me off too. I probably would have done the exact same thing.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:06

The closest road rage incident that I got into was during a traffic jam on 94 and this pretty boy douche bag decided that he was better than everyone else and drove his car on the right shoulder passing everyone and then had to stop when he got to the bridge because the shoulder ran out.  I happened to be sitting right there in the right lane and he just figured he was going to force his way back into the road in front of me.  Of course I was having none of that and I blocked him out.  He got out of his car enraged, screaming at me and threatening to beat my ass.  I got out of the car and he thought better of things and decided that the best course of action would be to go behind me.

Thing is, there was a cop in the right shoulder on the other side of the bridge, but he didn't see the db.

Using a gun in a road rage incident would only be an option if someone was approaching my vehicle with a weapon.  Even then, the first option is to try to drive away.  The gun would only be a last resort and only if I was forced to defend myself.

Last edited by Code_Warrior on Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:07; edited 1 time in total
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:07

Getting out of the car was simply not worth it in this situation. Need to forward this story over to my buddy who gets road rage in the car with his wife.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:10

Blanch32 wrote:Getting out of the car was simply not worth it in this situation. Need to forward this story over to my buddy who gets road rage in the car with his wife.
Obviously it was a really stupid idea to get out of the car... But I don't want people to lose sight of the fact that that a not an excuse for murder. Not that you're doing that, but I've seen a lot of conversations about this take a "blame the victim" kind of mentality.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Obviously it was a really stupid idea to get out of the car... But I don't want people to lose sight of the fact that that a not an excuse for murder. Not that you're doing that, but I've seen a lot of conversations about this take a "blame the victim" kind of mentality.

Great post, Travis and +2.

I don't know if the guy was looking for a fight or not. But shooting him point blank is absolutely absurd. I don't care if he "shouldn't have gotten out of the car" or not. If psycho is not interested in a fight, then go ahead and pull your gun, and say "I'm not interested in a fight. Please move on."
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Great post, Travis and +2.

I don't know if the guy was looking for a fight or not. But shooting him point blank is absolutely absurd. I don't care if he "shouldn't have gotten out of the car" or not. If psycho is not interested in a fight, then go ahead and pull your gun, and say "I'm not interested in a fight. Please move on."

I want there. There is a chance this guy felt threatened. But he sounds like an idiot so I think the murder charges is justified.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:26

Sofa king happy I don't live in Michigan. I swear every year I come back to Michigan it gets more and more fucked up. I'm sorry but at least I know in Florida to stay in my car.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:30

InTenSity wrote:Sofa king happy I don't live in Michigan. I swear every year I come back to Michigan it gets more and more fucked up. I'm sorry but at least I know in Florida to stay in my car.

You're just as likely to get your face eaten in your car as anywhere else in Florida.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:34

The shooter drove and acted like an asshole. A BIG TIME asshole.

The shootee was stupid to get out of his car, and very likely wasn't calm and cool when he did so. If you approach someone's window after an altercation, it's safe to assume you're looking for a fight.

Shooter should have driven away, not pulled his gun.

Don't get out unless you mean to fight. Don't pull a gun unless you mean to shoot.

I feel for the widow and her kids. I don't have any sympathy for the shooter, assuming he spends his life in the clink.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:40

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I want there. There is a chance this guy felt threatened. But he sounds like an idiot so I think the murder charges is justified.
As Wafer taught you last week, it doesn't really matter if he "felt" threatened. His life wasn't threatened and he had plenty of other options, his feelings are irrelevant.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:44

I'm a gun advocate- but this is the crap I fear will erode our rights. That dumb fuckin moron gunman needs to be locked-up and throw away the key. People MUST get the message that a firearm is the LAST resort for self defense and the BEST self defense is to AVOID and RUN from conflict. Every fight, every confrontation is potentially deadly- even without guns. Severe punishment must be administered to those that shoot people without just cause. This mutherfuker was in his truck and could have just driven away- but he had to be Clint Eastwood. Rot in prison asshole. Let you be an example.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:46

How sad is your life to become THAT enraged over driving.

Yeah, I'll flip you off , F bomb you forever ... But if you're worth more than a dollar, or your life is - it is pure dumb.

Best case you get out to fight and beat the guys ass ... He sues you and you pay and likely some jail time.

Worst case is this.

Sad. Don't be dumb , people.

I admit 20 years ago getting out and fighting a couple times. I'd never even consider it today.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 23:51

DroppedByADime wrote:How sad is your life to become THAT enraged over driving.    

Yeah, I'll flip you off , F bomb you forever ... But if you're worth more than a dollar, or your life is - it is pure dumb.

Best case you get out to fight and beat the guys ass ... He sues you and you pay and likely some jail time.  

Worst case is this.  

Sad. Don't be dumb , people.

I admit 20 years ago getting out and fighting a couple times.   I'd never even consider it today.    
How sad is our society that someone has to be scared of getting shot in the face if they get out of a car?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 5:08

lol! lol! Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey 1494614055 Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey 3434560931 N
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm sure you've all seen the story.

Please try to keep politics out of it. I think we can all agree that if the reports we are hearing are true this guy probably shouldn't have owned a gun. No reason to go beyond that.

What would you have done if you were the victim? I am completely self aware and have no need or desire to act like a badass. However, if someone acts as recklessly as the pickup driver is purported to have and my wife (or kids) were in the car, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. Put me in harm's way, fine. Put my family in harm's way, and things are a bit different.

So sad. ****ing asshole.

You ever get into a road rage confrontation? Does a story like this make you think twice about your temperament behind the wheel going forward?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140904/METRO06/309040115/Howell-man-charged-murder-shooting-Brighton-motorist

Oh, and fair warning. If and when tTito, The_Dude, Cym and Bobby Saks turn this thread political I'm gonna bomb it with pics of scantily clad gay dudes with boners.
It's disturbing that you google that stuff. Does your wife know you are potentially a down low homosexual?   Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey 3434560931 Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey 3557613862
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 7:11

As Wafer taught you last week, it doesn't really matter if he "felt" threatened. His life wasn't threatened and he had plenty of other options, his feelings are irrelevant.

You weren't there either. Therefore, speaking in absolutes is ignorant. Maybe the guy that got out pretended to be teaching for a weapon himself. In with WBH, the facts that we know of point to this guy being an idiot. But the media has a way of trying these cases themselves.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 7:12

How sad is our society that someone has to be scared of getting shot in the face if they get out of a car?

WBH, you forgot to include Travis on your list above!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 7:22

I think I will go around driving like an asshole and when someone finally confronts me I will grab my gun, take off the safety, rack a round in the chamber, aim, and shoot them in the face instead of just simply taking pressure off the brake.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 7:38

Sounds like there's a little more to the story than just someone getting out of a car.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:12

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You weren't there either. Therefore, speaking in absolutes is ignorant. Maybe the guy that got out pretended to be teaching for a weapon himself. In with WBH, the facts that we know of point to this guy being an idiot. But the media has a way of trying these cases themselves.
Okay dude. Bookmarked. I'll wait until the trial.

But... Media? This isn't michael Brown. It's not trayvon Martin. The media you're referring to is the massive conglomerate the Lansing state journal. There hasn't been "evil liberal spin," just "here's what we know."

He also forgot you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 8:15

if someone confronts me, I have the right to perteckt m'famly.. and, by god, I will.

America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:12

Thanks to needless gun violence, the Howell Melonfest will be a much sadder place this year.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if someone confronts me, I have the right to perteckt m'famly.. and, by god, I will.

Bob speaks for all true Americans.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:24

LooseGoose wrote:

Bob speaks for all true Americans.
as a pro-life christian, I ain't afraid to kill me somebody...

America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:27

The guy would be alive if he could have simply kept his anger in check and not angrily confront a guy who he was 'jousting' in traffic with.

OF COURSE HE DIDNT DESERVE TO BE SHOT. However, I am still amazed at all the ****ing idiots that think its a good idea to confront complete strangers in a semi hostile way.

What was this dude going to do? I am really going to show this guy by going to his car and telling him he's jackass...that'll get em!! Ooops, your dead bro. What a moran.

This guy who shot him, I dont see how he doesn't spend the rest of his life in jail.

Risk aversion people...learn it, love it, embrace it.

Just like Michael Brown...you know what a good way to not get shot by cops are? To not act hostile towards them. I'll never get it why people think its a good idea to act hostile towards others they dont know.

Two textbook examples of two people that would still be alive today if they didn't let their anger and rage control them to the point of having to act hsotile towards complete strangers without no way of knowing who you are messing with. Cant really be said any simpler.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:31

Well, that because the victim is partly to blame. No one is even remotely saying that he deserved to be shot, but if he simply could have stayed in his car and not been a spaz he'd be alive. The asshole had children too...wow. Youd think you become more risk averse once you wife up and have kids.

Now, please tell me how Im blaming the victim which im not doing. This is just another sad example of someone letting their rage control them and them ending up dead.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

America.

Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey Image13
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:36

The_Dude wrote:

Well, that because the victim is partly to blame.  

Now, please tell me how Im blaming the victim
Done.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 12:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

America.

God bless you Bob. May your first round be a killshot in your next stand your ground opportunity...uh, I mean...situation.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:01

Welp, here come the gay boners. Finally!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:15

[quote="Travis of the Cosmos"]

So saying we may not have all the facts is political?!? You're an idiot.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:15

goodbar wrote:

God bless you Bob. May your first round be a killshot in your next stand your ground opportunity...uh, I mean...situation.
then, as in the case of that thug Michael Brown, I'll have the KKK raise money for my defense while I enjoy great support from republicans.

America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

America.

Dumbass! It's 'Merica! Get that liberal pussy "A" out of there! Stay there while I go grab my gun! Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey 901027492
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:17

Done.

Road Rage incident in Howell makes me ragey 1486952199
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:20

I've reconsidered the men with boners. This was inevitable, but my BAC led me to believe otherwise. At least there were a few good posts before it happened.

I'm going to reserve the boner posting for when tanfan tries to turn this place into tRCMB with weak troll attempts. And I can't wait to search google for those pics, my search history is glorious.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've reconsidered the men with boners. This was inevitable, but my BAC led me to believe otherwise. At least there were a few good posts before it happened.

I'm going to reserve the boner posting for when tanfan tries to turn this place into tRCMB with weak troll attempts. And I can't wait to search google for those pics, my search history is glorious.

Tanner strikes me as the chicks with *icks type.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 13:25

I don't think that's allowed here. I ain't scurred though, I've posted worse in the teamfur days.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next