Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants

+16
Rocinante
duffy munn
Blanch32
NigelUno
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
InTenSity
DWags
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants Empty Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants

Post by DWags Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:21

Hmmm

http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/4/12/11414146/duke-launches-investigation-mistreatment
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants Empty Re: Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants

Post by InTenSity Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:26

Doesn't every coach abuse their players?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants Empty Re: Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants

Post by The_Dude Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:30

Spoiled babies that can't handle tough coaching.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:31

Professor McCallie bitin' people again?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:38

The_Dude wrote:Spoiled babies that can't handle tough coaching.

You have the facts of the case? Share. Don't hold back.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:39

our softball coach(es) were accused of similar things.. doubtful that much will come of it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:our softball coach(es) were accused of similar things.. doubtful that much will come of it.

When did tSwill get a softball team?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:45

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:our softball coach(es) were accused of similar things.. doubtful that much will come of it.

right about the time we got a bunch of folks who listen to k.d. lang

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:46

Turtleneck wrote:

We got a team together just yesterday. I'm playing LF.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:47

Or they want to find any excuse to get rid of her. I don't know, because I don't follow her career anymore, and because I developed an unhealthy dislike for her husband.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That IS usually where we stash one of the chicks....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Well, if you want all of the pull hitters bouncing frozen ropes off of Becky's tits I guess left field is the place to be.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:56

Getting ready to insert that foot in the ole mouth again, I see.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Well, if you want all of the pull hitters bouncing frozen ropes off of Becky's tits I guess left field is the place to be.

Heh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:59

I'll take shortstop.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:59

tGreenWay wrote:

and because I developed an unhealthy dislike for her husband.

OooOoooOOOOoooo.... Do tell...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'll take shortstop.

Fight me for it, OTPT.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:06

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'll take shortstop.

Fight me for it, OTPT.

Guys, I'm pretty sure Bob called SS. Maybe 2nd base?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:07

BTW, I'm managing the softball team. I'll be drunker than Tom Hanks on a league of their own most games, and I won't give a flying fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:08

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

and because I developed an unhealthy dislike for her husband.

OooOoooOOOOoooo.... Do tell...

Nothing to tell, really. It's all on me. He'd write some RWNJ letters to the editor of our local paper, frequently with a racist subtext. I grew to dislike a guy I'd never met. Like I said--it was unhealthy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:09

Yeah, I'm playing first. I just want to stand there and drink a beer mostly. Maybe occasionally catch a ball or something I guess.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:21

Just like Dawson and Cleaves, amirite?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:46

At least she hasn't knocked up any players.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

right about the time we got a bunch of folks who listen to k.d. lang

Lol. Theme songs for the gsm
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:52

I'll play my natural position:pitcher. Nigel or duffy will be catcher, obviously
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:54

Blanch32 wrote:I'll play my natural position:pitcher. Nigel or duffy will be catcher, obviously

Blanch playing his natural position:

Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants Head-up-your-ass
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:55

Blanch32 wrote:I'll play my natural position:pitcher. Nigel or duffy will be catcher, obviously

No, SD265 will be catcher. Make sure you lube up your strap on.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:55

Former MSU coach, now at Duke being investigated for abuse of players and assistants 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:18

NigelUno wrote:

Just like Dawson and Cleaves, amirite?

Did you forget to take your Moose meds today bro?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:31

tGreenWay wrote:

Or they want to find any excuse to get rid of her. I don't know, because I don't follow her career anymore, and because I developed an unhealthy dislike for her husband.
John is an interesting dude. A good 'ol boy from Tennessee who happens to have a PhD in economics. He's got kind of a crazy look in his eye sometimes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Fight me for it, OTPT.

Guys, I'm pretty sure Bob called SS. Maybe 2nd base?
this - yes, I am playing shortstop.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 16:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Lol. You wish.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 22:27

DWags wrote:Hmmm

http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/4/12/11414146/duke-launches-investigation-mistreatment

You knew it was coming when that guy left the men's basketball team with no explanation. Somebody's gotta pay, friend.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu 14 Apr 2016 - 3:17

Indeed, god damn millennials. The spoiled coaches (presumably grown ass adults), making lateral moves, that couldn't handle it need to man up too. Bunch of wusses these days.

That said, the invesitigation isn't done, so I guess I'll wait and see what come of it.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 9 May 2016 - 10:24

Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach

Duke officials said March 12 that the school's human resources department was reviewing the program.

Though the reason for the review was never made public, two players left after the season and one starter transferred midway through last season.

White said the evaluation was "for Duke women's basketball to get even better" and that "we are indeed in a position to improve" the program.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 9 May 2016 - 10:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach

Duke officials said March 12 that the school's human resources department was reviewing the program.

Though the reason for the review was never made public, two players left after the season and one starter transferred midway through last season.

White said the evaluation was "for Duke women's basketball to get even better" and that "we are indeed in a position to improve" the program.

In other words, Fucking millennial babies
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 9 May 2016 - 10:43

Reminds me of that segment on John Oliver's show about college sports and they have the new NCAA video game that features a coach abusing you and stripping you of your dignity at practice. Then they cut to Jalen Rose and he goes 'It's really like that'.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 9 May 2016 - 12:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach

It means she's on double secret probation and could also mean Duke did some fishing and the candidate they thought would take the job wasn't available.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 9 May 2016 - 13:35

GRR Spartan wrote:

It means she's on double secret probation and could also mean Duke did some fishing and the candidate they thought would take the job wasn't available.

I agree with this. Coach P is now on borrowed time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 9 May 2016 - 13:39

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I agree with this. Coach P is now on borrowed time.

And if she starts winning again, it will be swept back under the rug.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next