Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2

+8
Giant Moose
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Heat Miser
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
HT
steveschneider
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2 Empty One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-29, 08:47

I figure the visual graphic below will drive home the point I've been making. I colored in light blue the Kentucky one and dones, and I put in dark blue the Dook one and dones.

After every Kentucky game the cry babies would come out in full force whining about how Calipari is 'ruining the game'. The only one on this board with the balls to go after the real problem, Coach K, was me.

3 Kentucky one and dones and remember Izzo is 5-2 vs. Kentucky.

3 Dook one and dones and Coach K owns Izzo going 9-1 vs MSU. Who is the bigger threat here guys?

2 Kansas one and dones and one Kansas outbid MSU for.

My question again, is why does Coach K get a pass from all of you? For some reason the guy is untouchable by the press, the NCAA and the fans.

College players

Cliff Alexander, Kansas, 6-8, Freshman

Justin Anderson, Virginia, 6-6, Junior

Brandon Ashley, Arizona, 6-9, Junior

Devin Booker, Kentucky, 6-6, Freshman

Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky, 7-0, Junior

Sam Dekker, Wisconsin, 6-9, Junior

Michael Frazier II, Florida, 6-4, Junior

Olivier Hanlan, Boston College, 6-4, Junior

Montrezl Harrell, Louisville, 6-8, Junior

Aaron Harrison, Kentucky, 6-6, Sophomore

Andrew Harrison, Kentucky, 6-6, Sophomore

Tyler Harvey, Eastern Washington, 6-4, Sophomore

Jerome Hill, Gardner-Webb, 6-5, Junior

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Arizona, 6-7, Sophomore

R.J. Hunter, Georgia State, 6-5, Junior

Vince Hunter, UTEP, 6-8, Sophomore

Charles Jackson, Tennessee Tech, 6-10, Junior

Dakari Johnson, Kentucky, 7-0, Sophomore

Stanley Johnson, Arizona, 6-7, Freshman

Tyus Jones, Duke, 6-1, Freshman

Trevor Lacey, N.C. State, 6-3, Junior

Kevon Looney, UCLA, 6-9, Freshman

Trey Lyles, Kentucky, 6-10, Freshman

Jarell Martin, LSU, 6-10, Sophomore

Chris McCullough, Syracuse, 6-10, Freshman

Jordan Mickey, LSU, 6-8, Sophomore

Jahlil Okafor, Duke, 6-11, Freshman

Kelly Oubre, Kansas, 6-7, Freshman

Ashton Pankey, Manhattan, 6-10, Junior

Cameron Payne, Murray State, 6-2, Sophomore

Terran Petteway, Nebraska, 6-6, Junior

Walter Pitchford, Nebraska, 6-10, Junior

Bobby Portis, Arkansas, 6-11, Sophomore

Michael Qualls, Arkansas, 6-6, Junior

Terry Rozier, Louisville, 6-1, Sophomore

D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State, 6-5, Freshman

Satnam Singh, IMG Academy, 7-1, Post-Graduate

Jherrod Stiggers, Houston, 6-5, Junior

Deonta Stocks, West Georgia, 6-1, Sophomore

Aaron Thomas, Florida State, 6-5, Junior

J.P. Tokoto, North Carolina, 6-6, Junior

Karl-Anthony Towns, Kentucky, 6-11, Freshman

Myles Turner, Texas, 6-11, Freshman

Robert Upshaw, Washington, 7-0, Sophomore

Rashad Vaughn, UNLV, 6-6, Freshman

Chris Walker, Florida, 6-10, Sophomore

Justise Winslow, Duke, 6-6, Freshman

Christian Wood, UNLV, 6-11, Sophomore
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2 Empty Re: One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2

Post by HT 2015-04-29, 09:23

He doesn't, and I hate the guy.

The media gives him a pass for the same reason they glorified pieces of shit like Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and Joe Paterno: they win a lot and have a good brand, and maintaining the goodness of said brand is better for business. Duke being lumped in with Kentucky and even Kansas would be bad for business, so of course you won't hear anything bad about Coach K.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2 Empty Re: One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 09:30

he doesn't get a pass from me.. Coach K and Duke is everything that is wrong with college basketball.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 10:06

steveschneider wrote:I figure the visual graphic below will drive home the point I've been making. I colored in light blue the Kentucky one and dones, and I put in dark blue the Dook one and dones.

After every Kentucky game the cry babies would come out in full force whining about how Calipari is 'ruining the game'. The only one on this board with the balls to go after the real problem, Coach K, was me.

3 Dook one and dones and Coach K owns Izzo going 9-1 vs MSU. Who is the bigger threat here guys?

My question again, is why does Coach K get a pass from all of you? For some reason the guy is untouchable by the press, the NCAA and the fans.

College players

For the 590342900637923438752900874359328359274386749809243879034590287054 time, the problem is not simply one-and-done players. Nice list, but a waste of your time since you want to have an argument about something that is not germane to the actual issue.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 10:06

How about looking at more than one year? Seems UK is churning 5 guys every year. In fact, with only 3, I think this is a bit of a down year for them. Seems like it's the other way for Duke.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm also too lazy to do the research & am just fine focusing the majority of the hate on UK.

Also, Coach K doesn't have multiple vacated FFs. Doesn't mean he doesn't cheat, but he hasn't been caught either. Oh, and UK has a long history of cheating & racism. So there's that too.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 10:11

proud to say that MSU would never want one-and-done players like Jabari Parker, Okafor, etc.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 10:25

Heat Miser wrote:How about looking at more than one year? Seems UK is churning 5 guys every year. In fact, with only 3, I think this is a bit of a down year for them. Seems like it's the other way for Duke.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm also too lazy to do the research & am just fine focusing the majority of the hate on UK.

Also, Coach K doesn't have multiple vacated FFs. Doesn't mean he doesn't cheat, but he hasn't been caught either. Oh, and UK has a long history of cheating & racism. So there's that too.

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I did, and I disagree with you. I think Coach K is selling a quick exit to the NBA just like Cal is.

Just a quick rundown. Since Cal's arrived at UK in 2009, he has had 14 players drafted in the first round compared to Duke's 7. Overall, UK has had 18 players drafted compared to Duke's 9.

Also, starting with the class of 2010, UK has brought in 26 different freshman. That does not include the three - and they are looking to add - for 2015. UK's 2013 class consisted of 8 players, which is close to 1/4 of MSU's 2015 football class.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-29, 10:28

Calapari is scum and a bad coach.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 10:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:proud to say that MSU would never want one-and-done players like Jabari Parker, Okafor, etc.

GO GREEN!!

MSU certainly would. That's already been established multiple times, so your sarcasm is a tad misplaced...again. We just don't want a whole team of them every year.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 10:33

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:proud to say that MSU would never want one-and-done players like Jabari Parker, Okafor, etc.

GO GREEN!!

MSU certainly would. That's already been established multiple times, so your sarcasm is a tad misplaced...again. We just don't want a whole team of them every year.
so is it okay if I'm morally and intellectually consistent by being outraged that they are one-and-done at other places.. just not at MSU?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-29, 10:34

Pointing to MSU's 5-2 record against UK is kind of farcical, don't you think? How many of those wins have come in the Cal era? 1? It would make more sense to compare MSU vs. Cal over the past 5-7 years since he's been going down this road at Memphis and Kentucky.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 10:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

GO GREEN!!

so is it okay if I'm morally and intellectually consistent by being outraged that they are one-and-done at other places.. just not at MSU?

Nope. You missed it again.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 10:43

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so is it okay if I'm morally and intellectually consistent by being outraged that they are one-and-done at other places.. just not at MSU?

so what years is it morally permissible for us to have some one-and-done players?

Olympics years.. one of every four congressional election years? maybe every other odd year divided by 4?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-29, 11:18

HT wrote:He doesn't, and I hate the guy.

The media gives him a pass for the same reason they glorified pieces of shit like Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and Joe Paterno: they win a lot and have a good brand, and maintaining the goodness of said brand is better for business. Duke being lumped in with Kentucky and even Kansas would be bad for business, so of course you won't hear anything bad about Coach K.

One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2 1486952199

Spot on. I think we as fans fall in love with the notion of amateurism and we like to believe that our athletes have the best intentions when enrolling at school. To believe in the lie that is Duke bball helps uphold this myth.

The point of the doc 'I Hate Christian Laetner' was that the perception isn't always reality. Everyone thought he was an entitled rich boy, the reality was he was a blue collar kid.

Same applies to Duke bball, the perception is they are clean and do it the right way, the reality is they are as filthy as anyone in the business.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 11:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so is it okay if I'm morally and intellectually consistent by being outraged that they are one-and-done at other places.. just not at MSU?

so what years is it morally permissible for us to have some one-and-done players?

Olympics years.. one of every four congressional election years? maybe every other odd year divided by 4?

You can have them in any year you like. Just not ~4+ of them every year. Make sense now?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-29, 11:29

Heat Miser wrote:How about looking at more than one year? Seems UK is churning 5 guys every year. In fact, with only 3, I think this is a bit of a down year for them. Seems like it's the other way for Duke.

I'm too lazy to total it up, but I'd be willing to bet Duke is easily #2 or #3 in the one and done department.

Also, Coach K beat us for Jabari, Okafur and Jones and he's 9-1 vs MSU.

Coach K is the real enemy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 11:36

steveschneider wrote:

I'm too lazy to total it up, but I'd be willing to bet Duke is easily #2 or #3 in the one and done department.

If #1 had 50 & #2 had 10 I wouldn't be that concerned over #2.

Duke is good. They have been for decades. There's no shame in losing recruits or games to them.

And BTW...Jabari got bounced in the 1st round while MSU made the E8, so I think we came out ahead on that one. As for Jones & Okafur, there's no guarantee we win an NC with them & we still got a FF without them. I can live with it. Plus UK didn't get the NC. I like that.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 11:40

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so what years is it morally permissible for us to have some one-and-done players?

Olympics years.. one of every four congressional election years?  maybe every other odd year divided by 4?

You can have them in any year you like. Just not ~4+ of them every year. Make sense now?
so one-and-done's are okay.. the real issue is a) how many do you have and b) how successful are they..

right?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 11:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so what years is it morally permissible for us to have some one-and-done players?

Olympics years.. one of every four congressional election years?  maybe every other odd year divided by 4?

so one-and-done's are okay.. the real issue is a) how many do you have and b) how successful are they..

right?
Yes to a, no to b.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 11:43

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

right?
Yes to a, no to b.
okay.. thanks.

so.. the success of the one-and-done's aren't an issue.. so, let's say, Austin Peay recruits a bunch of players that leave after a year.. and the team goes 8-24.. we, as MSU fans, would still be morally outraged by such a dirty program?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 11:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

right?
Yes to a, no to b.
okay.. thanks.

so.. the success of the one-and-done's aren't an issue.. so, let's say, Austin Peay recruits a bunch of players that leave after a year.. and the team goes 8-24.. we, as MSU fans, would still be morally outraged by such a dirty program?

If they got a "bunch" of one & done's 1 year & went 8-24 I'd laugh my ass off. If they got a "bunch" of one & done's for 5 straight years I'd be pretty suspicious regardless of record.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 11:48

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:okay.. thanks.

If they got a "bunch" of one & done's 1 year & went 8-24 I'd laugh my ass off. If they got a "bunch" of one & done's for 5 straight years I'd be pretty suspicious regardless of record.
thanks..

I'm happy to know that it's not the success of Kentucky and Duke that have you so upset. I join you in your outrage and your support of genuine programs that value the student-athlete.

You're a great Spartan.

Go Green!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-29, 11:53

I much prefer our players to graduate as role players, go to a different college to finish their playing career, and come back and kiss the Spartan logo while playing for this other college. That's much better than having one-and-dones taking up important roster spots.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 11:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:okay.. thanks.

thanks..

I'm happy to know that it's not the success of Kentucky and Duke that have you so upset. I join you in your outrage and your support of genuine programs that value the student-athlete.

You're a great Spartan.

Go Green!!

To be clear, I'm not "upset" or "outraged", but I do have opinions on a wide range of topics, including this one. I'm sure you do too, but I can't really figure out what it is due to all the sarcasm it's buried under.

Last edited by Heat Miser on 2015-04-29, 12:11; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 12:04

Some of the posts in this thread...

One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2 Fluden
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-29, 12:09

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I figure the visual graphic below will drive home the point I've been making. I colored in light blue the Kentucky one and dones, and I put in dark blue the Dook one and dones.

College players

For the 590342900637923438752900874359328359274386749809243879034590287054 time, the problem is not simply one-and-done players. Nice list, but a waste of your time since you want to have an argument about something that is not germane to the actual issue.

Enlighten me again, how is a one and done different at Duke than it is at Kentucky? It's something like because they can stay and graduate if they chose where Cal encourages them to leave?

Honestly, I have no problem with the one and done model. Kentucky provided the most entertaining games I've watched all season: Ken vs. LSU, Ken vs. ND and Ken vs. Wisconsin were all top notch quality contests. Cal teaches good d, team ball, his kids carry a 3.0 and you never see his team flopping or trying to win the game at the free throw line.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-29, 12:10

Heat Miser wrote:To be clear, I'm not "upset" or "outraged", but I do have opinions on a wide range of topics, including this one. I'm sure you do too, but I can't really figure out what it is due to all the sarcasm it's buried under.
Bob is just playing a character. Every once in awhile Bob will let it slip that he attended an MSU game or will make a post with a lot of sports knowledge. I sometimes suspect he's a major MSU booster, but he would never admit it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-29, 12:10

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Duke is good. They have been for decades. There's no shame in losing recruits or games to them.

And BTW...Jabari got bounced in the 1st round while MSU made the E8, so I think we came out ahead on that one. As for Jones & Okafur, there's no guarantee we win an NC with them & we still got a FF without them. I can live with it. Plus UK didn't get the NC. I like that.

Can't really say we came out ahead on Jabari. He would have helped us win a national title.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-29, 12:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Can't really say we came out ahead on Jabari. He would have helped us win a national title.

Maybe, maybe not.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 12:29

Heat Miser wrote:

we didn't want him anyway..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 12:33

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
thanks..

You're a great Spartan.

Go Green!!

To be clear, I'm not "upset" or "outraged", but I do have opinions on a wide range of topics, including this one. I'm sure you do too, but I can't really figure out what it is due to all the sarcasm it's buried under.
anytime there is a team better than us, I immediately have to find a way to minimize their success... whether it's the scum that utilizes one-and-done players, the officiating.. Money Bags Rat Face dropping cash off to recruits.. so, yes, I'm both "upset" and "outraged" by it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-29, 12:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

we didn't want him anyway..

Sounds like a line from Michigan fans, right Bob?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 12:37

Giant Moose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:To be clear, I'm not "upset" or "outraged", but I do have opinions on a wide range of topics, including this one. I'm sure you do too, but I can't really figure out what it is due to all the sarcasm it's buried under.
Bob is just playing a character. Every once in awhile Bob will let it slip that he attended an MSU game or will make a post with a lot of sports knowledge. I sometimes suspect he's a major MSU booster, but he would never admit it.

I was told he is George Perles.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-29, 12:39

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Does Bob eat ribs? I thought he was a vegetarian
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 12:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:we didn't want him anyway..

Sounds like a line from Michigan fans, right Bob?
we would never be like that.. because.. well... you know. We would just never be so whiny.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 12:42

Turtleneck wrote:

No. He is also a murderer. Those trips to NC are all about BBQ.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 12:47

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Enlighten me again, how is a one and done different at Duke than it is at Kentucky? It's something like because they can stay and graduate if they chose where Cal encourages them to leave?

Honestly, I have no problem with the one and done model. Kentucky provided the most entertaining games I've watched all season: Ken vs. LSU, Ken vs. ND and Ken vs. Wisconsin were all top notch quality contests. Cal teaches good d, team ball, his kids carry a 3.0 and you never see his team flopping or trying to win the game at the free throw line.

The one-and-done model is not the problem. It is forcing kids out the door that it is the problem. We have pissed all over the concept of the student-athlete. I get that, and everybody is responsible. MSU, Duke, UK, the NCAA, and even the fans (because we get what we demand). But UK goes one step further....

“I watched this kid play and I couldn’t believe his fight and the fire he had and his ability to play to win. I kept watching him based on one thing: his size. Just one thing held me back from going all out was his size,” Calipari said. “But I had him come down to Kentucky and I said to him: ‘If you don’t have pro aspirations, do not come here.’
“And the second thing is: ‘If you think you’re going to be here four years, don’t you come here.’
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 12:50

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Perles and I are in talks with Hollis to hold an MSU-themed Scrabble night on the roof top at El Az.. if we're able to pull it off, BTN is going to have a live simulcast of the event that will sure to be the MSU social event of the season.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-29, 12:50

Turtleneck wrote:

No. He is also a murderer. Those trips to NC are all about BBQ.
One and Done Factories Duke and Kentucky - How come Coach K gets a pass? Pt 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-29, 12:57

MSU doesn't have to worry about One and dones because he can't develop NBA talent unlike Beeline
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next