Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

+13
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Turtleneck
DWags
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  Empty Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-16, 15:27

in other news, the local Redi-Care sees a drastic drop in the number of visitors complaining of gastrointestinal distress..

The State News: Panchero's Closes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  Empty Re: Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-05-16, 15:30

I remember walking into the bathroom there one night and there was puke all over the floor and one shoe. Someone was not having a good night.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  Empty Re: Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-16, 15:49

Amazing how only restaurants without booze don't last in East Lansing....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-05-16, 15:53

I remember never walking in there at all. From conception to death, I've never darkened it's doorway. i kind of fee guilty like it could somehow be my doing. l
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 15:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I remember walking into the bathroom there one night and there was puke all over the floor and one shoe. Someone was not having a good night.

Did you pick up the shoe? I would like it back. Thanks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-05-16, 15:58

Article sounds like they want another location in East Lansing...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 15:58

Blanch32 wrote:Amazing how only restaurants without booze don't last in East Lansing....

Yup. Only lasted 20+ years.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 15:58

CheesySpartan wrote:Article sounds like they want another location in East Lansing...

Doubt it. Did you read Blanch's post?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-16, 16:13

Blanch32 wrote:Amazing how only restaurants without booze don't last in East Lansing....

That is amazing. Is it true though?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-16, 17:04

DWags wrote:I remember never walking in there at all. From conception to death, I've never darkened it's doorway. i kind of fee guilty like it could somehow be my doing. l

They're not closing for good. They want -- and have wanted for years -- a new location. BTW, I've never eaten there, either.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-16, 17:07

It's good to see you commenting on those things you know nothing about. Makes it that much easier to show how wrong you are.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-16, 17:15

I'm thinking about opening a hot dog place with booze.

No brainer, right?

Bob? Can you zip it though? You killed the last place.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-16, 17:23

NigelUno wrote:I'm thinking about opening a hot dog place with booze.

No brainer, right?

Str8 cash money
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-16, 17:28

Blanch32 wrote:

No brainer, right?

Str8 cash money

http://statenews.com/article/2015/05/what-up-dawg-closing
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-16, 17:53

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:I remember never walking in there at all. From conception to death, I've never darkened it's doorway. i kind of fee guilty like it could somehow be my doing. l

They're not closing for good. They want -- and have wanted for years -- a new location. BTW, I've never eaten there, either.

I always liked it better than chipotle or qdoba. Them fresh tortillas. But it's been almost a decade so I really can't promise you anything greenway. I'm sorry I'll shut up now
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-16, 18:01

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Str8 cash money

They didnot go bankrupt idiot. Building owner once again got greedy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-16, 19:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I always liked it better than chipotle or qdoba. Them fresh tortillas. But it's been almost a decade so I really can't promise you anything greenway. I'm sorry I'll shut up now

Thank-you, Travis. For shutting up, I mean.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 19:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

We need to start treating Travis better. He is a human being, Greenway. He has feelings.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-16, 19:14

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We need to start treating Travis better. He is a human being, Greenway. He has feelings.

Right you are, Turtleneck. Travis is a man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 19:19

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I cannot confirm that, Greenway.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-16, 21:23

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

:)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 21:36

Travis, have you watched the recent Game of Thrones?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-16, 21:38

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hell, I trusted you to know what's what, Turtleneck. I've gone on the assumption that you had verified Travis' sex.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-16, 21:42

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

They didnot go bankrupt idiot.  Building owner once again got greedy

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  1284110369

“It’s hard to make money in the restaurant business,” co-owner Seth Tompkins said. “We’ve had this in the hands of some managers since we’ve opened and honestly it never really made money for us. Just after four years of trying to get it to work we just can’t do it.”

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-05-16, 21:46; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 21:42

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Hell, I trusted you to know what's what, Turtleneck. I've gone on the assumption that you had verified Travis' sex.

I can only speculate but speculation is not encouraged on the Internet.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 21:43

NigelUno wrote:

Blanch32 wrote:

They didnot go bankrupt idiot.  Building owner once again got greedy

We have moved on, Nigel.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-16, 21:58

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

We have moved on, Nigel.

From Pancheros? To where? 5 Guys?

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-05-16, 21:59; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-16, 21:58

Turtleneck wrote:Travis, have you watched the recent Game of Thrones?

I have not. I still haven't quite caught up on the books, got slowed down, but I think when I do I'll just watch the whole show. Maybe by the end of the season I'll be all caught up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-05-16, 22:39

I may have missed it because I skimmed over the replies, but the problem with Panchero's is that they sold out and went corporate, they became Chipotle lite, with a less refined business model, too little corporate backbone and worse pricing.

Panchero's was in the 'EL niche zone' when they offered a unique and delicious product. It was THE after bar spot from '93ish to '00ish when they went corporate (my years could be way off).

Who wants Chipotle in a college town at 2:30 AM drunk/high off your ass? Fuck no, I want an El Gordo with refried beans made with care by an illegal. Or a giant fried tortilla shell bowl with meat and lettuce inside of it. A college kid would take Taco Bell 10/10 at 2:30 AM over Chipotle.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-05-16, 22:46

I was always loyal to El Azteco. it couldn't be topped IMO.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 22:50

I just want my shoe and country back.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-05-16, 22:52

steveschneider wrote:I was always loyal to El Azteco. it couldn't be topped IMO.

Way different.

You don't go to El Az at 3 AM drunk off of your ass looking for a burrito to go.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-05-16, 23:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I was always loyal to El Azteco. it couldn't be topped IMO.

Way different.

You don't go to El Az at 3 AM drunk off of your ass looking for a burrito to go.

Whoops, for that I always went to that pizza place. Georgios?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-16, 23:41

Potato pizza!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-05-16, 23:49

Turtleneck wrote:Potato pizza!

Ha that's right. The bean pizza was damn good too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-05-17, 00:11

This really hits home for me tonight. Went to PTs after work for some drinks and Panchero's was our go to after-bar food. :(
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-05-17, 01:07

Never tried it, not a fan
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-17, 07:07

Tim Wakefield wrote:This really hits home for me tonight. Went to PTs after work for some drinks and Panchero's was our go to after-bar food. :(

You should try to eat 18 burritos in 2 hours.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-17, 07:55

No brainer, right?

contrary to popular belief, I did not (single-handedly) bring down What Up, Dawg?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-05-17, 08:01

Turtleneck wrote:I just want my shoe and country back.

Sorry Turtleneck, I sold your shoe on the black market.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next