Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

+13
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Turtleneck
DWags
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

Post by Blanch32 Tue 17 May 2016 - 8:05

Only ate there drunk too fyi. Zero memories about the place. Strange since I clearly remember bells
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 17 May 2016 - 8:12

The place has gone corporate. I've been to the one in Okemos kinda recently and it's set up exactly like a Qdoba or Chipotle now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Tue 17 May 2016 - 8:51

I have fond memories of stumbling home drunk with a Gordo in hand. Panchero's you shall be missed.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I'm thinking about opening a hot dog place with booze.

No brainer, right?

Bob? Can you zip it though? You killed the last place.
contrary to popular belief, I did not (single-handedly) bring down What Up, Dawg?

Did they even have chili cheese fries?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:03

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:contrary to popular belief, I did not (single-handedly) bring down What Up, Dawg?

I don't know - never ate there.

I did stop in for a beer a couple of times. It was on the route for the ELHS homecoming parade.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't know - never ate there.

I did stop in for a beer a couple of times. It was on the route for the ELHS homecoming parade.

When you eat out as a family, do you go to downtown EL or Eastwood more often?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:26

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't know - never ate there.

When you eat out as a family, do you go to downtown EL or Eastwood more often?
I'm in downtown EL every day.. I don't recall the last time I've been to Eastwood.

oh, wait - I do. There is a coffee shop up there now that my daughter (sorry For bin) and I went to back in the winter once.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:36

What up Dawg was awesome. Nothing like getting two beers and a dog before going home at 1:30am
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What up Dawg was awesome. Nothing like getting two beers and a dog before going home at 1:30am

Don't the bars close at 2:00 am?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:51

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What up Dawg was awesome. Nothing like getting two beers and a dog before going home at 1:30am

You aren't forced to stay until 2.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:58

I just had a memory of Pancheros. I'm ashamed of this too, but I was doing some Friday Day Drinking at BW3s and I was walking down the alley. The urge to piss hit me hard so I went into Pancheros, I got in the bathroom and I couldn't find the light and it was a code red emergency so I quickly pulled it out and just started pissing in the darkness. I used the sound of splatter to find the bowl and eventually made it in the water but I pissed all over the floor.

Looking back I cringe at that, and feel awful. I should have alerted the manager but I'm guessing that place has seen worse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 17 May 2016 - 10:00

InTenSity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Don't sympathize with a quitter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Wed 18 May 2016 - 0:09

NigelUno wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:This really hits home for me tonight. Went to PTs after work for some drinks and Panchero's was our go to after-bar food. :(

You should try to eat 18 burritos in 2 hours.

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 502811600
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 7:44

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Says the guy that went to a farmers market Saturday morning. Clue the inferiority complex
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 7:57

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Says the guy that went to a farmers market Saturday morning. Clue the inferiority complex

Actually, I didn't. I went to a basketball tournament.

I think you meant to say "cue" the inferiority complex...which you obviously did (yourself) by posting about me...again. It's OK. Just be yourself. Don't worry about what I do.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 8:27

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Actually, I didn't. I went to a basketball tournament.

I think you meant to say "cue" the inferiority complex...which you obviously did (yourself) by posting about me...again. It's OK. Just be yourself. Don't worry about what I do.

Too comical! LOL
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 18 May 2016 - 11:21

Blanch32 wrote:Amazing how only restaurants without booze don't last in East Lansing....

Two have closed in the last year. Woody's and What up Dawg. Many others in EL's short history of liquor licenses. ( dry town until 1969 ).
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 11:34

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Amazing how only restaurants without booze don't last in East Lansing....

Two have closed in the last year. Woody's and What up Dawg. Many others in EL's short history of liquor licenses. ( dry town until 1969 ).

What up dwag was a success....woodys only survived bc of that license. What's going into their spot now?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 18 May 2016 - 11:40

I liked Woody's.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 11:52

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

What up dawg was a success....woodys only survived bc of that license.  What's going into their spot now?  

“It’s hard to make money in the restaurant business,” co-owner Seth Tompkins said. “We’ve had this in the hands of some managers since we’ve opened and honestly it never really made money for us. Just after four years of trying to get it to work we just can’t do it.”

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 1284110369
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 May 2016 - 11:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I liked Woody's.
I miss their Bloody Mary's..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 11:56

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

What up dawg was a success....woodys only survived bc of that license.  What's going into their spot now?  

“It’s hard to make money in the restaurant business,” co-owner Seth Tompkins said. “We’ve had this in the hands of some managers since we’ve opened and honestly it never really made money for us. Just after four years of trying to get it to work we just can’t do it.”

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 1284110369

Linear simpleton thinking. This was a negotiation ploy against the landlord. You never want to tell them you made money hand over fist
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 12:12

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Linear simpleton thinking.   This was a negotiation ploy against the landlord.   You never want to tell them you made money hand over fist

They made so much money...that they decided to close?  

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 12:32

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Linear simpleton thinking.   This was a negotiation ploy against the landlord.   You never want to tell them you made money hand over fist

In the investors opinion, not enough. ..and they never bothered raising prices either
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:10

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

In the investors opinion, not enough. ..and they never bothered raising prices either

Raising prices would have kept them in business? This is your postmortem economic analysis?

And they were making money hand over fist, but it wasn't enough?

But, they said they weren't making any money, just to fool the landlord...after they decided to close?

You seem to have quite the pulse of the EL economy. Odd that you've never opened a bar. Maybe you should have bought the hot dog place. Kinda weird that no one else did, eh?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:16

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Raising prices would have kept them in business? This is your postmortem economic analysis?

But, they said they weren't making any money, just to fool the landlord...after they decided to close?

You seem to have quite the pulse of the EL economy. Odd that you've never opened a bar. Maybe you should have bought the hot dog place. Kinda weird that no one else did, eh?

Liquor license has more value. Notice he said they didn't lose money. 4 years Is quite a long time
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:27

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Liquor license has more value. Notice he said they didn't lose money. 4 years Is quite a long time

4 years is a long time for them to make money hand over fist...and then close...because they never really made money...

But, your analysis is better.

When will you be opening a bar? It seems easy, right? What's the hold up?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:29

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 076_catfight_cat_gifs
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:31

Is Olga's still open? They had good drinks back in the day.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 076_catfight_cat_gifs

Nigel is the black cat
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:41

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 18 May 2016 - 13:45

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 1284110369 in black shorts.

Panchero's On Grand River in Downtown East Lansing Has Closed..  - Page 2 150522_SNUT_AliListon-Color.jpg.CROP.original-original
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 18 May 2016 - 23:17

So much stupid in this thread from Blanch. Talking out of his ass on a topic he knows less than zero about.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 19 May 2016 - 7:51

duffy munn wrote:So much stupid in this thread from Blanch. Talking out of his ass on a topic he knows less than zero about.

Thanks for adding and clarifying so much. You so wise and knowledge
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 19 May 2016 - 7:59

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:So much stupid in this thread from Blanch. Talking out of his ass on a topic he knows less than zero about.

I'm pretty sure businesses that are making money don't just close. I'm also amused that you think liquor licenses in EL are so valuable. Just for kicks, what do you think they are worth ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 19 May 2016 - 8:08

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I'm pretty sure businesses that are making money don't just close. I'm also amused that you think liquor licenses in EL are so valuable. Just for kicks, what do you think they are worth ?

First, are they transferable or does the city need to approve the sale first? Huge difference due to the oligopoly and corruption that is EL
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 19 May 2016 - 8:20

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

First, are they transferable or does the city need to approve the sale first? Huge difference due to the oligopoly and corruption that is EL

Transferable anywhere within the county. And yes, it requires city council approval. Here's one for you : EL city council has NEVER denied a transfer.

Now you want to guess the worth of a liquor license ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 19 May 2016 - 12:25

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Transferable anywhere within the county. And yes, it requires city council approval. Here's one for you : EL city council has NEVER denied a transfer.

Since you still need approval, I'll guess just 25K
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2016 - 12:26

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Since you still need approval, I'll guess just 25K

I know nothing about this but would guess you're way low. I know liquor licenses in small towns sell for much more than that, or at least they used to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2