Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff.

+10
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 Empty Re: Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Able to catch the first half, not the second.

Spain's uniforms look very 1994y
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 Empty Re: Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:37 pm

1-0... Not too bad that I only get to catch the first half since if this is a normal Italian team they will just pass the ball around for the next 60 minutes or so until the game ends.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:48 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
On the other hand, you have 120 minutes to show you're the better team.  If you can't do that, then you run the risk of losing in penalty kicks.  Don't want to lose in PKs, then do something about that in regulation.  Sometimes it means the better team loses.  That happens in other sports, too.  I look at it kind of like the MSU-Nebraska game.  Yes, we lost due to a bullshit call. But we had 59 minutes to show that we were the better team that day, and we let the damn thing stay too close.  

However, the better team didn't lose last night.  The better team didn't necessarily win, either.  They're pretty much even.  

What's the big deal?  Argentina should be pretty used to that by now.
bump..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Bob,

what team are you pulling for in Euro?

My team was Czech Republic (grandparents born there, lovely country) but they are not very good and didn't make it out of group stage.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:53 pm

The_Dude wrote:Bob,

My team was Czech Republic (grandparents born there, lovely country) but they are not very good and didn't make it out of group stage.
France.

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 France-06-june

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:21 pm

[/quote]
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Bob,

France.

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 France-06-june

And people call you a great American. No
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Bob is a France fan... and the French flag is red white and blue...coincidence? I think not.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:43 pm

The_Dude wrote:Bob is a France fan... and the French flag is red white and blue...coincidence? I think not.
guns and bibles are very important to me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Bob is a France fan... and the French flag is red white and blue...coincidence?  I think not.

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 Guns_God_Religion_5
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:48 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 Guns_God_Religion_5
now if I can just make sure that poor people don't have affordable access to healthcare, I will have a happy July 4th.

Praise him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Where does Buffon rank on the all-time goalie list?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Where does Buffon rank on the all-time goalie list?

Has to be top 5.

Italy looks like a world class team right now, as good as the Germans.

Germany vs Italy should be a semi final or final...what a whale of a quarterfinal game.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946 Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1966794946

The jokes are just wayyyyyyyy too obvious, but England have exited Euro for the second time in a matter of days.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Iceland!
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Big game today you guys. You're either rooting for Italy or you're a savage monster.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:29 pm

What time Travis? I probably missed it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:33 pm

No worries Travis. I found it, but my daughter wants to watch umizoomi.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:50 pm

That really unfortunate. I'm sorry. :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That really unfortunate. I'm sorry. :(

I'm rooting for Germany Travis. I am happy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That really unfortunate. I'm sorry. :(

You're a monster who is not capable of happiness if you're rooting for Germany over Italy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You're a monster who is not capable of happiness if you're rooting for Germany over Italy.

Actually, I turned on the TV right before Germany scored. I don't really care. But I'll be rooting for Germany just to even things out on this board.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Actually, I turned on the TV right before Germany scored. I don't really care. But I'll be rooting for Germany just to even things out on this board.

Monster.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Monster.

Twisted Evil
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:37 pm

:(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Suck it pylon!!!!!! Wwwwooooooooooo!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:49 pm

Wunderbar.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:52 pm

That was the shitiest penalty kicking followed by some off the best kicks. Exciting finish. Go Germany!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:57 pm

InTenSity wrote:That was the shitiest penalty kicking followed by some off the best kicks. Exciting finish. Go Germany!

You're the worst no one likes Germany. Go Wales I suppose.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:02 am

So the best teams in the world are Portugal and Chile? Everyone knows that your sporting prowess should be in direct correlation with how many bombs you can drop on somebody.

Fucking soccer, man.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:08 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So the best teams in the world are Portugal and Chile? Everyone knows that your sporting prowess should be in direct correlation with how many bombs you can drop on somebody.

Fucking soccer, man.

Chile, yeah they are one of the best. Portugal was kind of fluky. They are champions but that doesn't make them one of the best.

I'm really proud of our nearly 200 post soccer thread you guys <3 go team!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So the best teams in the world are Portugal and Chile? Everyone knows that your sporting prowess should be in direct correlation with how many bombs you can drop on somebody.

Fucking soccer, man.

Chile, yeah they are one of the best. Portugal was kind of fluky. They are champions but that doesn't make them one of the best.

Don't take a dig at my team Travis.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:13 am

DWags wrote:

It's true dwags. But that's ok. You can still be proud of your team. Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1f603
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:27 am

DWags wrote:

It's true dwags. But that's ok. You can still be proud of your team. Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 5 1f603

Thanks! They were gritty and gutty. Like Scott Skiles against Georgetown.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:11 am

Fucking soccer, man.

Seems like about 150 of the posts were people trying to ruin/hijack the thread with the same stupid shit that invades so many threads.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:12 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Seems like about 150 of the posts were people trying to ruin/hijack the thread with the same stupid shit that invades so many threads.

I'm conveniently ignoring that :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:34 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

And honestly, credit to you (and a couple of others), for continuing to post in it about soccer, even when it was on the verge of being derailed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:45 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

And honestly, credit to you (and a couple of others), for continuing to post in it about soccer, even when it was on the verge of being derailed.

We'll try to start and maintain an EPL thread when that starts up next month. I'm sure it'll go all over the place, but we can just bring it back
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5