Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff.

+10
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 2 Empty Re: Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff.

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There's going to be half time too. I'm sorry that you don't like soccer greenway but you actually don't have to keep talking about things you don't like. I dunno. Idea.

Yeah, Greenway. You're upsetting T-Bone.

Jump in and make him laugh, then, Coco.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 2 Empty Re: Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff.

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Please do not ruin this thread like he tried to ruin the NBA finals thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm not sad, I just find it weird how people that don't like soccer constantly feel the need to tell you about it. It's weird. Just don't do the thing you don't like.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not sad, I just find it weird how people that don't like soccer constantly feel the need to tell you about it. It's weird. Just don't do the thing you don't like.

They are telling you they do not like soccer. They are not playing/doing soccer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not sad, I just find it weird how people that don't like soccer constantly feel the need to tell you about it. It's weird. Just don't do the thing you don't like.

They are telling you they do not like soccer. They are not playing/doing soccer.

I'll make sure to tell you about everything I don't like then turtleneck. It will be highly valuable input.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:56 pm

You already do. Here is your thread back. I don't want to muddy it up too much.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Turtleneck wrote:You already do. Here is your thread back. I don't want to muddy it up too much.

Nah, you do what you want. I don't really care... It's just a weird trend with people that don't like soccer that they ALWAYS have to make that fact known. Neat. Sorry that you miss out on some of the most exciting moments sports has to offer (typically surrounded by long periods of sort of boring.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:01 pm

I like the social aspect of soccer. I do not like the sport at all. I do not find it exciting. Not even the big moments.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'll make sure to tell you about everything I don't like then turtleneck. It will be highly valuable input.

Don't tilt, Travis. Calm down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 am

This thread would be cooler if it were about football... Real football.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:34 am

Euro starts this week. In my estimation, probably the 2nd best tournament in the world.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:37 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Euro starts this week. In my estimation, probably the 2nd best tournament in the world.

I think it starts Friday. Can you keep it in your pants that long?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:39 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Euro starts this week. In my estimation, probably the 2nd best tournament in the world.

I think it starts Friday. Can you keep it in your pants that long?
pants are for losers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:09 am

I wear a Speedo wherever I go.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:47 am

Turtleneck wrote:I wear a Speedo wherever I go.
I bet you get there very quickly..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:51 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I wear a Speedo wherever I go.
I bet you get there very quickly..

Normal outfit for me, which is part of my RCMB Tailgate Collection debuting at fashion shows everywhere this fall:

Home Kirk Cousins jersey tucked into Speedo with braided belt at waist. Adidas sandals with white socks. Red, white, and blue "Freedom Ain't Free" visor. Oakley sunglasses. I have another line called Greenway Goes To Dinner and it is just cargo jorts in place of the Speedo.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 pm

I agree, at least as far as international tournaments go.  The Euros are second to Copa America (the real Copa America, not this money grab).  But it goes mostly ignored in this country.  Last year was the first year that it was ever broadcast, game in and game out, in English in the US, and that was on BeIn Sports, which a lot of people don't get.  Overall, South America is on an up cycle in terms of talent (5 of the 10 South American teams are currently ranked in the Top 10 in the world), and they play each other several times every 4 years, while the top European teams often play each other once, if that.  Familiarity leads to more intensity, more passion, and more competitive matches.  There is also currently a trend in South America to play more attacking, pressing play, which is more entertaining for the fans.

The World Cup is probably third, and I say that as someone who has never really watched any of the African Cup of Nations or whatever the Asian tournament is called (the same bias that many US soccer fans carry when it comes to Copa America), so it may not even be that.  Yes, it's the biggest stage and everything, but it's typically more boring than the continental tournaments.  Teams are too cautious, because there is so much at stake.  I love watching the World Cup, but they can often be less exciting.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I bet you get there very quickly..

Normal outfit for me, which is part of my RCMB Tailgate Collection debuting at fashion shows everywhere this fall:

Home Kirk Cousins jersey tucked into Speedo with braided belt at waist. Adidas sandals with white socks. Red, white, and blue "Freedom Ain't Free" visor. Oakley sunglasses. I have another line called Greenway Goes To Dinner and it is just cargo jorts in place of the Speedo.
congratulations - you were just voted "Best Dressed" at the annual RCMB Gala and Obesity Awareness Symposium.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:24 pm

This thread is probably meant for that too. I guess I could have put that in the title. Maybe I'll edit it.

Chile Argentina has been fun tonight
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I bet you get there very quickly..

My cargo shorts aren't jeans, you dumbfuck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Greenway I remember you being the cargo guy - how fucking old are you?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Greenway I remember you being the cargo guy - how fucking old are you?

His name is Greenway so maybe they are camo cargo shorts.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Greenway I remember you being the cargo guy - how fucking old are you?

I'm 53 going on 13.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Hey, you might be onto something there. Think I'll do some shopping tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:46 pm

But not the desert camo--the other kind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

One day I would like to know what these guys really hide in those pockets. Can't trust them.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:53 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

One day I would like to know what these guys really hide in those pockets. Can't trust them.

All the stuff they used to keep in their fanny packs in the 90s.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:53 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Phone in right hand pocket. Dog treats in right cargo pocket. Keys, breath mints, wallet in left hand pockets. Dog poop bags in left cargo pocket.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:56 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Phone in right hand pocket. Dog treats in right cargo pocket. Keys, breath mints, wallet in left hand pockets. Dog poop bags in left cargo pocket.

In case you see Bob behaving badly at El Az?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:59 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:00 am

That might have mattered for goal differential for chile at the end of the day you guys.

It prolly won't matter. But maybe.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:01 am

Copa America/European championships. Soccer stuff. - Page 2 8101_jonah-hill-michael-cera-superbad-evan-seth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:07 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That might have mattered for goal differential for chile at the end of the day you guys.

Is thread still about Futbol? Can you make another thread? I feel bad about what happened here.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:08 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That might have mattered for goal differential for chile at the end of the day you guys.

Is thread still about Futbol? Can you make another thread. I feel bad about what happened here.

Of course you would only care what happened here and not the other hundreds of threads that you and travis have gay sex in.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:10 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Is thread still about Futbol? Can you make another thread. I feel bad about what happened here.

Of course you would only care what happened here and not the other hundreds of threads that you and travis have gay sex in.

Thanks herbie.

Did you not see the time that I banned turtleneck on accident?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 am

Turtleneck wrote:

This is about soccer but here's the thing if I start a thread and it doesn't get all messed up for awhile then I fucked up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:26 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Stop pretending like paintball is not code for gay orgies in the woods behind giant balloons.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:54 pm

We're up 3-0 at halftime you guys. Wooooooooooo!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Are you on a team?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Are you on a team?

It's an international competition, so yeah. If you claim that we can't say we when talking about international sports then I'm come to the stupid part of New York that you live in, punch you in the face then sing the star spangled banner while saluting the flag completely nude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next