Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

+6
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-13, 08:05

LooseGoose wrote:Newt suspends contributor agreement with FoxNews.

Newt works for the mainstream media?? Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-13, 08:06

tGreenWay wrote:Word on Twitter is Hillary is vetting James Stavridis, a retired 4 star admiral. Here's his bio: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Stavridis
haven't heard that but it would be an interesting selection.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-13, 09:34

Josh Kraushaar ‏@HotlineJosh 1h1 hour ago
Good news for Clinton: She is outspending Trump in battlegrounds by huge margins. Bad news: She's trailing or barely leading regardless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-13, 10:38

LooseGoose wrote:Josh Kraushaar ‏@HotlineJosh 1h1 hour ago
Good news for Clinton: She is outspending Trump in battlegrounds by huge margins. Bad news: She's trailing or barely leading regardless.

Is that good news or bad news for America?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-13, 11:06

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Josh Kraushaar ‏@HotlineJosh 1h1 hour ago

Is that good news or bad news for America?

This whole damned election is bad news for America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-14, 13:54

IndyStar says it's Pence, national news orgs are saying it's Pence, too.
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is Donald Trump's VP pick

http://indy.st/29SGzov
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-14, 13:59

tGreenWay wrote:IndyStar says it's Pence, national news orgs are saying it's Pence, too.
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is Donald Trump's VP pick

http://indy.st/29SGzov
a rich white "christian" misogynist picked a rich white "christian" misogynist as his VP?

shocking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-14, 14:03

Awww... I was keeping my fingers crossed for Newt.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-14, 14:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Awww... I was keeping my fingers crossed for Newt.
that would've been awesome.. but this will be fun, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-14, 14:58

Newt would have been a lot more fun. Trump has actually caught up to/passed Hills in some polls this week which is shocking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-14, 15:16

Looks like it's Pence.

More transparency fun in the future since Pence has sealed his records that he donated to IU Bloomington's library until Dec 2022 or his death
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-14, 15:26

LooseGoose wrote:Newt would have been a lot more fun. Trump has actually caught up to/passed Hills in some polls this week which is shocking.
it's only shocking if you don't realize how stupid most Americans are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-14, 15:47

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-14, 15:48

article on Pence..

It’s no secret that Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, Donald Trump’s reported pick for the Republican vice presidential nomination, opposes abortion rights. But this year he signed an anti-abortion bill that even some pro-life Republicans thought was too extreme, and which was blocked from going into effect late last month by a federal judge because it violated women’s right to choose.

The law did something truly bizarre. It would have basically forced women to seek funerary services for a fetus — whether she’d had an abortion or a miscarriage, and no matter how far along the pregnancy was. The law Pence backed would have required all fetal tissue to be cremated or buried, an unprecedented measure in state law. The law also banned abortion if the fetus had a "disability" like Down syndrome, which would have also denied women the right to end a pregnancy in the event of more serious fetal anomalies.
so, women, not only do you have to have your rapist's child.. but you have to have a funeral for it.

We call it "freedom".

god, I love religous kooks.. Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-14, 16:20

Poll: 86 percent of voters undecided on Pence

Bold move by Trump Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-14, 17:13

GRR Spartan wrote:Looks like it's Pence.

More transparency fun in the future since Pence has sealed his records that he donated to IU Bloomington's library until Dec 2022 or his death

That's not unusual at all. There are still records of JFK's that are sealed by his family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-14, 17:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Newt would have been a lot more fun. Trump has actually caught up to/passed Hills in some polls this week which is shocking.
it's only shocking if you don't realize how stupid most Americans are.

Yeah, if they only all had the ideas in your fevered mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-14, 17:58

Elizabeth Landers ‏@ElizLanders 6m6 minutes ago
Just into @CNN: Donald Trump has called Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and offered him the vice-presidential slot on his ticket. Pence accepted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-14, 18:16

It's Pence. Indiana govenor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-14, 18:22

Good choice for Trump. Gives Trump a Midwestern governor popular with social conservatives, a personality that will not overshadow Trump's, and somebody with executive experience. Pence brings a good balance to Trump's ticket, but either does not know what he just got himself into or just does not care.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-14, 18:23

Chris christy just ordered 10 pizzas.

He's sad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-14, 18:27

DWags wrote:Chris christy just ordered 10 pizzas.

He's sad.

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-15, 16:43

DWags wrote:Chris christy just ordered 10 pizzas.

He's sad.

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-15, 16:46

Turtleneck wrote:Good choice for Trump. Gives Trump a Midwestern governor popular with social conservatives, a personality that will not overshadow Trump's, and somebody with executive experience. Pence brings a good balance to Trump's ticket, but either does not know what he just got himself into or just does not care.

He's got a 1 in 3 shot to be a heartbeat away.....a politician's dream. And as Trump's VP should he win there's at least a fair chance of impeachment.

PS - Plus now he won't lose re-election as governor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-15, 17:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Good choice for Trump. Gives Trump a Midwestern governor popular with social conservatives, a personality that will not overshadow Trump's, and somebody with executive experience. Pence brings a good balance to Trump's ticket, but either does not know what he just got himself into or just does not care.

He's got a 1 in 3 shot to be a heartbeat away.....a politician's dream. And as Trump's VP should he win there's at least a fair chance of impeachment.

PS - Plus now he won't lose re-election as governor.

Jessie Ventura is warning about something more than an impeachment.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/15/jesse-ventura-establishment-vp-pick-could-get-trump-assassinated.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-15, 18:02

CNN and others reporting Trump had second thoughts about Pence as late as midnight, hours after extending the offer to the IN gov. Sounds like he was really pissed about being boxed in.

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 502811600 Great way to start a presidential campaign.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-15, 18:22

Bad luck and timing for Trump.

Unlike Wisconsin that allows you to run for national office and state or Federal office at the same time as Paul Ryan did in 2012, IN makes you choose and Pence had to turn in paperwork no later than 12:00 PM 15 Jul 2016 if he was good hg to run for re-election.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-17, 12:23

As the tea leaves settle Pence makes sense. Besides being a conservative member of the GOP, Pence has been a favorite of the Koch Brothers unlike Trump.

Trump's campaign needs money. The Koch's to date had said they wouldn't be spending any money for Trump's campaign. Perhaps the addition of Pence to the ticket changes the Koch's minds and they direct some of the money they had previously refused.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 00:05

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? - Page 2 58734f63f8e5cf9861f6294d5dc58c92b3fdef67c65388137458d4eae29743cb
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:02

I'm suspecting that Hillary is going to select Tim Kaine, which would be a solid, sensible pick.

like all great Americans, I really like Elizabeth Warren but we need her voice in the Senate - plus, as I think I've said before on this thread, Hillary doesn't really need/want someone overshadowing her and, in her brilliance, makes Hillary look less appealing by comparison.

I also like Julian Castro a lot and he would bring a lot to the ticket (though certainly not the rednecks of Texas) - his youth would be very welcome on the campaign trail and I feel like his future is quite bright but now is probably not the time for him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 08:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm suspecting that Hillary is going to select Tim Kaine, which would be a solid, sensible pick.

like all great Americans, I really like Elizabeth Warren but we need her voice in the Senate - plus, as I think I've said before on this thread, Hillary doesn't really need/want someone overshadowing her and, in her brilliance, makes Hillary look less appealing by comparison.

I also like Julian Castro a lot and he would bring a lot to the ticket (though certainly not the rednecks of Texas) - his youth would be very welcome on the campaign trail and I feel like his future is quite bright but now is probably not the time for him.

What specifically would Castro bring other than being Hispanic?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm suspecting that Hillary is going to select Tim Kaine, which would be a solid, sensible pick.

nothing.

He's simply a brown person who likely sympathizes with ISIS, the Black Lives Matter movement and may not even have been born in America.

I say we open up congressional hearings immediately.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-18, 08:58

LooseGoose wrote:

Youth he's 41. He speaks fluent Spanish (couldn't hurt in AZ, CO, NM, FL). The biggest negative is his only elective office is being mayor of San Antonio and he wouldn't swing TX to the Democrats.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-18, 09:04

Tim Kaine will help in VA, possibly in PA.

I would have liked to see Cory Booker or Duval Patrick but Booker is in the US Senate (NJ) and Patrick is currently a managing director at Bain Capital.

The Trump vote has been and will be overwhelmingly male and white. Tim Kaine isn't going to swing any of those voters voters.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 16:22

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Youth he's 41. He speaks fluent Spanish (couldn't hurt in AZ, CO, NM, FL). The biggest negative is his only elective office is being mayor of San Antonio and he wouldn't swing TX to the Democrats.

He doesn't speak Spanish at all much less fluently. So he's a authentic fake Democrat Hispanic.......so I guess he does fit right in and
this makes me even surer....

Julie DavisVerified account ‏@juliehdavis
Office of Special Counsel sez it has informed @POTUS that @SecretaryCastro violated Hatch Act in April interview mixing HUD/Clinton talk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-07-18, 16:29

So he's a authentic fake Democrat Hispanic

I don't even know who this guy is, but really? An old white dude from Mio, Michigan with a hot take.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-18, 17:26

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

He doesn't speak Spanish at all much less fluently. So he's a authentic fake Democrat Hispanic.......so I guess he does fit right in and

Julie DavisVerified account ‏@juliehdavis
Office of Special Counsel sez it has informed @POTUS that @SecretaryCastro violated Hatch Act in April interview mixing HUD/Clinton talk

How does being born to Hispanic parents and raised in San Antonio through HS make him a "fake Democrat Hispanic."

I'll remember that when you start busting your buttons about Jeb's half breed son.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 18:41

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How does being born to Hispanic parents and raised in San Antonio through HS make him a "fake Democrat Hispanic."

I'll remember that when you start busting your buttons about Jeb's half breed son.

lol - how did George Zimmerman become a white Hispanic?

I was fucking with you and the media narrative.RE: Castro. He'd be the TrueHispanic™ candidate whereas a Conservative that actually spoke spanish they'd find a way to make him white.

I've been amused since I 1st read it a year ago that Castro was taking Spanish lessons to be able to speak the language.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 18:56

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

lol - how did George Zimmerman become a white Hispanic?

I was fucking with you and the media narrative.RE: Castro.    He'd be the TrueHispanic™ candidate whereas a Conservative that actually spoke spanish they'd find a way to make him white.

I've been amused since I 1st read it a year ago that Castro was taking Spanish lessons to be able to speak the language.

Being married to a Hispanic woman and being very close to her family maybe I can help give some clarity.

For census purposes there is the "white hispanic". Typically from Mexico, Puerto Rico, etc. They're more Spanish blood, which gives them the lighter skin. Then there's the "black hispanic", typically from the Dominican Republican and parts of Brazil. They're former slaves or indigineous and stayed within that culture.

Zimmerman was American but it's poor form in the national media to blame a minority that you could easily make look white as shit (which MSNBC was caught doing, presumably with photoshop.... ya know... gotta sell a narrative) from killing someone even higher on the minority hierarchy totem pole. Pretty sure black female is the highest on the victim hierarchy but I could be wrong. Black male is definitely second if so, though.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-18, 21:56

What's George Zimmerman have to do with Me. Castro? Jeb married a Mexican so his rising Texas pol son is a hot shot Hispanic GOP up and comer but being a Democrat born in San Antonio makes Castro a "fake Hispanic"?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next