Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#Brexit, lets do this

+26
kingstonlake
Cym Jim
NigelUno
Vlad
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Truth
Jethro Bodeen
The_Dude
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tanfan!
DWags
Motown Spartan
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Cameron
GRR Spartan
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
tTy
30 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 Empty Re: #Brexit, lets do this

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-24, 16:08

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You wouldn't fall in love with them in the first place.

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 502811600  that's funny.

What time did you start drinking?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 16:10

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 502811600  that's funny.

What time did you start drinking?

Me? Have you read what guys are saying above me?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-24, 16:12

I do not know what you're saying.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 16:16

Turtleneck wrote:I do not know what you're saying.

Are you drunk?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-24, 16:18

I keep trying to convince my wife to go work full time or a little more than full time. She could make more than we both do combined right now, if she did that. I don't think its gonna happen though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 16:30

InTenSity wrote:I keep trying to convince my wife to go work full time or a little more than full time. She could make more than we both do combined right now, if she did that. I don't think its gonna happen though.

Stop confusing turtle.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-24, 16:31

Turtleneck wrote:Oh, here the guy that people are assuming will be the next PM following Cameron.

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 220px-Boris_Johnson_July_2015

John Daly?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 16:37

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 502811600

D wags - at this point, I can't see the point in having children. I can eventually become a teacher. Summers off. Two incomes. Smokin wife. Travel during the summer.

Why the fuck would I want some little shit that looks like an alien and pees, pukes everywhere? Idiots.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-24, 16:38

I don't know what this hot mess is all about, DWags. Can you say it is simpler terms?

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wait - why the fuck shouldn't a wife have to earn again?

Grasshopper, if you get married and your wife wants to earn, that's cool. If you're married with children and she HAS to earn to keep your lifestyle going and you don't think that's complicated, I'd ask you to re-think any proposal. Our resident hypocrite tells us his life isn't so complicated that he needs to trade gold to maintain it, but says his wife has to earn and thinks that's not complicated? Well, OK.

We all live these fantasy lives on the Internet.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-24, 16:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 502811600

D wags - at this point, I can't see the point in having children. I can eventually become a teacher. Summers off. Two incomes. Smokin wife. Travel during the summer.

Why the fuck would I want some little shit that looks like an alien and pees, pukes everywhere? Idiots.

Because when you're 90, look like an alien and peeing and shitting everywhere you'll have someone to look after you.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-24, 16:43

You're me 15 years ago. #Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 2267303065 Never getting married, never having kids. Never settling down, always only have enough stuff so if I want to move, whatever I have can fit in my car and I can go. Great times, wouldn't change them for the world.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 16:50

I think that you have the right idea then. When you start dating someone seriously, if you do, you have to make sure she shares those values. Its not a small thing. After you fall in love, if you find out those things, its just not that easy to say --see you later--. All's I'm saying.

Sometimes you have to change on the fly too. I pretty much agree about marriage not changing your life, but children do. Big time. I think you're pretty well thought out about that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 16:52

InTenSity wrote:

You're me 15 years ago. #Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 2267303065 Never getting married, never having kids. Never settling down, always only have enough stuff so if I want to move, whatever I have can fit in my car and I can go. Great times, wouldn't change them for the world.

I"m thinking he's all of us. What the fuck happens? What is it that THAT ONE women, changes about you? I loved OTPT's life. Who the fuck wouldn't?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-24, 16:53

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I"m thinking he's all of us.   What the fuck happens?  What is it that THAT ONE women, changes about you?   I loved OTPT's life.  Who the fuck wouldn't?

Not me.  I'm 40 and I'm not having kids. Fuck that noise.

BUT: That said, OTPT doesn't understand that finding a woman who doesn't want kids is... really hard. There's a lot of women that SAY they don't want kids. Then they turn 30.

Last edited by Rocinante on 2016-06-24, 16:54; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-06-24, 16:54

Boris Johnson looks like a scruffy version of former Toronto mayor, the late Rob Ford
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 16:58

Yeah exactly unless I find a girl that doesn't want kids and is like me - then I don't think I'll get married either.

There's no way in hell im sacrificing my personal freedom to be with some bitch that controls me. Fuck I sound like a gun nut.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:01

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Can I just say, I'm betting that none of you know how this will effect you completely.

So I'd suggest taking our party line here, digging in and yelling fuck you at the others.

Nobody knows how this will play out. Not here or even the UK. But that does not mean I will not follow this stuff and develop ideas.

Presented w/o comment to help on your idea formation - I think there is some important information here on what drove this vote:

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 Clu9oWzWQAAmSuV

I realize this chart is Americans but Britain is having a very similar immigration split....
#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 ClvNUgEVAAALc-r
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 17:01

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

I"m thinking he's all of us.   What the fuck happens?  What is it that THAT ONE women, changes about you?   I loved OTPT's life.  Who the fuck wouldn't?

Not me.  I'm 40 and I'm not having kids. Fuck that noise.

BUT: That said, OTPT doesn't understand that finding a woman who doesn't want kids is... really hard. There's a lot of women that SAY they don't want kids. Then they turn 30.

Yeah, it's a tough gig. It's cool ....... most of the time..... but damn, it's not easy. And yeah, when the women gets near her late 20's there's this loud ticking noise coming from her constantly. You just want to drink the beer and watch the game. Shit happens. OTPT, seems to understand this. That's step one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Truth wrote:LOL at all the libbies in full attack mode. OMG you mean this might mean that we can't buy cheap shit from Walmart made in China by child labor anymore??? We need one world global governments...lol, The world is coming to an end!!! Globalism is a clear failure at almost every level....time to move on.

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 502811600 Weak effort. And btw, most Libs I know wouldn't set foot in Walmart.

At least they say they won't.....until it comes time to buy something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-24, 17:03

Loose, most of the news coverage that I have listened to or seen touches on this same issue. It's not a secret that a lot of it is racism.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 17:07

Rocinante wrote:Loose, most of the news coverage that I have listened to or seen touches on this same issue. It's not a secret that a lot of it is racism.

You can also almost feel it in America. It's why trump sells well here. JMO
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:10

Rocinante wrote:Loose, most of the news coverage that I have listened to or seen touches on this same issue. It's not a secret that a lot of it is racism.

See....racism is the easy answer/accusation. And I'm not being a radical here. But is it really racism when kids or their parents see the government importing people in that take jobs they wish they had? And if not outright take the jobs, to provide enough competition for the low end jobs to suppress wages for all of them? I think the same feelings would be there no matter what color or ethnic group the imports belonged to. If you accept that as the truth then the racism accusation is uncalled for and unfair.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-24, 17:12

LooseGoose wrote:

See....racism is the easy answer/accusation. And I'm not being a radical here. But is it really racism when kids or their parents see the government importing people in that take jobs they wish they had? And if not outright take the jobs, to provide enough competition for the low end jobs to suppress wages for all of them? I think the same feelings would be there no matter what color or ethnic group the imports belonged to. If you accept that as the truth then the racism accusation is uncalled for and unfair.

You mean is it racism to wish that just by virtue of being white you got first dibs at low skill jobs? Yes. Sorry there's competition now. Work harder, white people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:12

DWags wrote:

Yes. Because the low end wage earners are getting squeezed. Is it so unusual that they would be pissed? They see the upper income earners benefiting from the low wages, calling them names when they complain about their incomes and generally telling them "tough shit" when it comes to their lot in life. If you were in the same position you might harbor some resentment too - and Trump is playing to that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-24, 17:14

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes. Because the low end wage earners are getting squeezed. Is it so unusual that they would be pissed? They see the upper income earners benefiting from the low wages, calling them names when they complain about their incomes and generally telling them "tough shit" when it comes to their lot in life. If you were in the same position you might harbor some resentment too - and Trump is playing to that.

He's certainly a populist
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:15

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You mean is it racism to wish that just by virtue of being white you got first dibs at low skill jobs? Yes. Sorry there's competition now. Work harder, white people.

Nope. Not what I said, but a twist on it.

That people born here should be fully employed BEFORE workers are imported to compete with them and suppress their wages.

That's not the same thing. And "work harder" would get you much derision from people working 2 or more 20-29 hour jobs - just so companies didn't have to pay them benefits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-24, 17:17

Yes. Because the low end wage earners are getting squeezed. Is it so unusual that they would be pissed? They see the upper income earners benefiting from the low wages, calling them names when they complain about their incomes and generally telling them "tough shit" when it comes to their lot in life. If you were in the same position you might harbor some resentment too

You mean like all non-whites have been for 200 years?  Be mad about jobs being shipped overseas.  Be mad about corporations that sell the majority of their goods in the US exploiting workers in other countries so that they don't have to pay the wages here.  Don't be mad at the brown people that are getting the jobs.  They are victims too.  There is a class war, and the upper class wants the lower class to believe it's a race war.

Edit: also a response to your last post
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:26

I know I'm supposedly a lonely old angry hermit in the woods but the truth is I know tons of people up here that would LOVE to have a 40-50 hour a week job paying even $15 with benefits. They would fight like hell to get and keep that job - and hell that's only $30K a year so we're not talking big $$. But with the low end labor glut those jobs a pretty damned rare up here.

Much more prevalent are the minimum wage-$12 an hour jobs that offer no benefits at all and limited hours. I know lots of people raising families with the Dad and the Mom piecing together 2-3 of those jobs and trying to live a decent life while raising kids. It's fucking hard and I feel bad for them because I know they want better, it's just not out there for them.

And yes you can go on with the critiques of their lives, life choices, schooling etc but is that really fair? America has always had a working class that could have a decent life and that's what is getting squeezed out right now. I was shocked when I saw the percentage that Oscoda county voted for Trump then I realized it was not only the workers it was their parents, brothers and sisters voting for him too - thinking may he could help them.

My kids lucked out and have all done pretty well but I see and talk to their friends enough to know there's a LOT of resentment out here brewing about jobs and income. Obviously when there isn't enough labor demand for people living here now we shouldn't be importing competition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 17:28

Rocinante wrote:
Yes. Because the low end wage earners are getting squeezed. Is it so unusual that they would be pissed? They see the upper income earners benefiting from the low wages, calling them names when they complain about their incomes and generally telling them "tough shit" when it comes to their lot in life. If you were in the same position you might harbor some resentment too

You mean like all non-whites have been for 200 years?  Be mad about jobs being shipped overseas.  Be mad about corporations that sell the majority of their goods in the US exploiting workers in other countries so that they don't have to pay the wages here.  Don't be mad at the brown people that are getting the jobs.  They are victims too.  There is a class war, and the upper class wants the lower class to believe it's a race war.

Edit: also a response to your last post

Every time I see the "brown people" comment I want to puke. It doesn't matter the color, we shouldn't be importing competition right now....at least at the levels we are. This isn't and everything doesn't have to be about race.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-24, 17:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Nobody knows how this will play out. Not here or even the UK. But that does not mean I will not follow this stuff and develop ideas.

Presented w/o comment to help on your idea formation - I think there is some important information here on what drove this vote:

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 Clu9oWzWQAAmSuV

I realize this chart is Americans but Britain is having a very similar immigration split....
#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 ClvNUgEVAAALc-r

It is hard for me to comment on the second image without context. The first image makes a good point (possibly accidentally): a vote for nationalism and isolationism is a vote for authoritarianism. Yesterday's vote was about both.

Trump is a classic European right-wing populist who sometimes blurs the line with fascism (good read on Trump and ideology). I do not know what the answer is to these questions about jobs, education, and inequality. I do know that Britain has a long history with inequality. Educational inequality has long plagued Britain, and it has one of the highest (if not the highest) high school drop out rates of any OECD country. Either way, it is choosing a dangerous path if it decides on right-wing populist leadership. We might be walking down the same path in November. Maybe we can hold hands.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-24, 18:17

OTPT now has a little more ammo for his campaign to wipe old people off the planet.

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 _90089868_eu_ref_uk_regions_leave_remain_gra624_by_age
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 18:28

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT now has a little more ammo for his campaign to wipe old people off the planet.

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 _90089868_eu_ref_uk_regions_leave_remain_gra624_by_age

He doesn't seem to be a strong believer in older and wiser.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-24, 18:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:OTPT now has a little more ammo for his campaign to wipe old people off the planet.

He doesn't seem to be a strong believer in older and wiser.

He is at that age where he knows everything. Better now than later in life (like me).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-24, 19:53

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 502811600 Weak effort. And btw, most Libs I know wouldn't set foot in Walmart.

Not even close to being true.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 20:41

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Not even close to being true.

Could be, I'm no Wally expert - I probably set foot in one every two years or so. I try to use Meijer and even then I'm only in there a few times a year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-06-24, 21:12

I wonder what Pink Floyd would think.of all of this
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-24, 21:45

I haven't been in Wal-Mart in about 6 years. I've spent less than $20 my whole life there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-06-24, 21:51

Sounds achievable

#Brexit, lets do this - Page 5 Reach_10
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 22:29

Self loathing Nordic. You are in control. You a lion or a sheep?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-06-24, 22:39

Neither bitch...Alpha
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte