Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread

+17
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
Big Ten Referee
Jaheab
Cym Jim
Biff Tannen
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rook
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread

Post by DWags Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:10 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:2 men accused of stuffing fish with weights at Ohio contest plead guilty to cheating

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 502811600 tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 502811600

Walleye tournament is fishy business

Rocks in their head for brains.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread

Post by tGreenWay Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:27 pm

My first time fishing was as a little kid and I’ve been hooked ever since.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:29 pm

Dude had to give up his 100k boat. Dumb ass
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:34 pm

DWags wrote:Dude had to give up his 100k boat. Dumb ass

Losing my $100k boat would make my heart sink.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:01 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:2 men accused of stuffing fish with weights at Ohio contest plead guilty to cheating

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 502811600 tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 502811600

Walleye tournament is fishy business

3 years of no fishing license and 6 mo probation. Man, they were let off the hook.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:04 pm

DWags wrote:Dude had to give up his 100k boat.  Dumb ass

The wording of that is confusing. 'Give up' likely means sell or turn in (if a sponser boat). Most likely the later. He was prob sponsered by a local marina that gives him a demo boat to run for a year, which they them sell.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:16 pm

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:Dude had to give up his 100k boat.  Dumb ass

The wording of that is confusing. 'Give up' likely means sell or turn in (if a sponser boat). Most likely the later. He was prob sponsered by a local marina that gives him a demo boat to run for a year, which they them sell.

I could be wrong. Another article says it was 'seized' (seized by who? can the courts take boat? even before sentencing? seems odd, but whatever).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:21 pm

Nordic wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I could be wrong. Another article says it was 'seized' (seized by who? can the courts take boat? even before sentencing? seems odd, but whatever).

If they won 10’s of thousands I’d happily give my boat up to stay out of prison. Start over. Either way, I have no sympathy for them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:21 pm

Like father like son...

Man accused in fishing scandal facing new charge in Hermitage

According to the criminal complaint, an investigation found that Cominsky’s son, Kayden, 18, had passed the bills to an employee. The criminal complaint says Chase was there at the time the bills were used and had been seen on surveillance camera handing something to Kayden.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 pm

Poorly written article. Never mentioned anything about the wild animals in their possession after saying they plead guilty to having them. What wild animals? Pig? Chickadee? Philly fans?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:10 am

[tw]1641427207221399552[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:04 pm

Seems like there's no shortage of fish-related crime lately.

[tw]1643646177219342340[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:53 am

This blows my mind. Never heard of such a thing.

Jellyfish sightings in Michigan waters? Yes, it’s a thing
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:28 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:This blows my mind. Never heard of such a thing.

Jellyfish sightings in Michigan waters? Yes, it’s a thing

Pretty sure that’s something I knew but had since forgotten. Good to know its sting isn’t too bad for humans. And speaking of that, one jellyfish I’ll never forget is the Australian Irukandji. Saw a BBC or Discovery show about them, including watching a couple people in misery after being stung. They can be deadly and from the list of likely symptoms, perhaps death is a blessing. Those tiny fuckers are the reason I won’t go in the water when visiting Aus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_jellyfish
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:29 am

Michigan updates fishing regulations for 2024 season. What you need to know

Some Michigan fishers will be allowed to catch more trout this year while others may find themselves limited to just one. It all depends on the species, the size of the fish and where they’re caught.

The state’s newly released fishing regulations for the 2024 season, in effect from Monday through March 31, 2025, also include combined possession limits for lake trout and splake in certain waters and a licensing requirement for charter boat captains and inland fishing guides.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:34 am

I think I want to take up fishing from a kayak... anyone have experience? How much of a PIA is it?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:11 am

Floyd Robertson wrote: Michigan updates fishing regulations for 2024 season. What you need to know

Some Michigan fishers will be allowed to catch more trout this year while others may find themselves limited to just one. It all depends on the species, the size of the fish and where they’re caught.

The state’s newly released fishing regulations for the 2024 season, in effect from Monday through March 31, 2025, also include combined possession limits for lake trout and splake in certain waters and a licensing requirement for charter boat captains and inland fishing guides.

I’m in.

Still eating from last July. 5 people with licenses on a charter can really manipulate how many they bring in. It should be boat limit.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 Img_6616

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 Img_6512
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, duffy munn and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:16 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think I want to take up fishing from a kayak... anyone have experience? How much of a PIA is it?

Only a PIA if the water is fast.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:00 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think I want to take up fishing from a kayak... anyone have experience? How much of a PIA is it?

I was recently spec'ing out fishing kayaks. The Mirage Pro Angler 14 is the one you want. Incredibly nimble and very fast. Expensive but IMO the 360 turning worth it.  It also flies (figuratively not literally tGreenway). I've seen a couple guys on them and was very impressed on how well they maneuvered. It is also built specifically for fishing and has all the mounts.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 Psv-pa14

I thought about getting it. I still might. But I am going to go this route first for added level of difficulty. I'm used to fishing standing on a bass boat, canoe, etc. I'll mainly to use as a SUP, but I'm going to try to fish from it too. I'm not getting all attachments, just the board and a paddle and see where it goes.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 2023-BLACKFIN-Accessory-Callouts-Desktop

Last edited by Nordic on Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:04 pm

Nordic wrote:

I was recently spec'ing out fishing kayaks. The Mirage Pro Angler 14 is the one you want. Incredibly nimble and very fast. Expensive but IMO the 360 turning worth it.  It also flies (figuratively not literally tGreenway). I've seen a couple guys on them and was very impressed on how well they maneuvered. It is also built specifically for fishing and has all the mounts.

I thought about getting it. I still might. But I am going to go this route first for added level of difficulty. I'm used to fishing standing on a bass boat, canoe, etc. I'll mainly to use as a SUP, but I'm going to try to fish from it too.

tOfficial Swill Fishing Thread - Page 4 2023-BLACKFIN-Accessory-Callouts-Desktop

Sand spear? Speaking from childhood experience, I don't recommend eating sand.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:08 pm

Sand spear is a shallow anchor
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:00 pm

Nordic wrote:Sand spear is a shallow anchor
Could also be used for spear fishing...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:12 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I thought about getting it. I still might. But I am going to go this route first for added level of difficulty. I'm used to fishing standing on a bass boat, canoe, etc. I'll mainly to use as a SUP, but I'm going to try to fish from it too.

Sand spear? Speaking from childhood experience, I don't recommend eating sand.

This is my kind of answer. Well done, Floyd. Sorry to learn of your passing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:50 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Nordic wrote:Sand spear is a shallow anchor
Could also be used for spear fishing...?

Negative
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:15 pm

That looks nice, but isn't Hobie like the Cadillac of kayaks?
For my first, im thinking a chevy malibu... maybe impala... see if I can find time and get addicted first.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:47 pm

Just make sure the seat is comfortable. It's hard to get up and walk around in a kayak
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:21 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:That looks nice, but isn't Hobie like the Cadillac of kayaks?
For my first, im thinking a chevy malibu... maybe impala... see if I can find time and get addicted first.

Only until Cadillac enters the kayak market, then Cadillac will be the Cadillac of kayaks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:That looks nice, but isn't Hobie like the Cadillac of kayaks?

Yeah. That is the best kayak fishing machine out there. When you drop this badboy in the water it says you ain’t f’ing around. The ladies on the dock will dig you, other kayakers will want to be you and bass will be jumping in your boat.

In all seriousness. I think it is good to look at the top end to figure what is important. For me it would be…

Open Layout - canoe style vs. closed in legs. I’m not a fan of shoving my legs in a tube and pretending I could get out and back out on the water.

Storage - Where are you gonna put your shit? Even bare minimum needs some planning.

Propulsion - Do you go old school paddle like Grizzly Adams? Or new school hands free pedals? I’ve seen the pedals in action, but have never used them. They looked amazing and I wanted to be him.

Some links I have saved from when I was looking. I don't have a kayak, so this was my first step. Some old school, some new.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/outdoor-gear/best-fishing-kayaks/

https://www.divein.com/kayaking/fishing-kayak/

Last edited by Nordic on Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:57 pm

Or just grab a kayak and pole and see what happens
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4