Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+28
Herbie Green
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
Nordic
TheReal_LWS
CORNER BLITZ
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Stoops21
Clarett's Folly
Mentalstate
Dendrobates
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
DWags
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
32 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-30, 02:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:Oh, and you know what else? My twitter followers is down because all the pron bots have abandoned me. Crushing blow to my ego.

You can have some of mine, although I don't have many left because I try to block them when it's obvious what they are.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-30, 08:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Didn't realize you meant major streets. I was thinking neighborhoods.

Agreed, fuck the Utica Unicorns.

So I went to my first game there last Thursday (although it was the beavers against the frogs). Right at the beginning of the game, they asked if I would answer a trivia question for a "prize." I said sure. Just before I'm on the big screen, the guy who's asking the question says, "The answer is A." I said "Are you serious?" And he was. I won a lame ass tshirt.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-30, 08:25

Dendrobates wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Didn't realize you meant major streets. I was thinking neighborhoods.

So I went to my first game there last Thursday (although it was the beavers against the frogs). Right at the beginning of the game, they asked if I would answer a trivia question for a "prize." I said sure. Just before I'm on the big screen, the guy who's asking the question says, "The answer is A." I said "Are you serious?" And he was. I won a lame ass tshirt.

He gave you the answer before asking the question?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-30, 08:27

Dendrobates wrote:

Did he want any favors for giving you the answer?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-30, 08:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Did he want any favors for giving you the answer?

DWags does the favors around here. Please see the Sonic thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-30, 15:45

One of my favorite scene from one of my favorite movies.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-30, 15:55

Dendrobates wrote:

This is a scandal of epic proportions. The game show scandal of the 1950s resulted in fines of several dollars and cost thousands of lives.
It's possible I have that backwards, but CHEATERS!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2016-08-30, 16:41

Humidity is my kryptonite. Which states have the lowest humidity percentages?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-30, 16:56

Stoops21 wrote:Humidity is my kryptonite. Which states have the lowest humidity percentages?

Usually Vegas and Phoenix and their respective surrounding areas top the list of cities with lowest humidity. So maybe Nevada and Arizona.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-30, 17:09

Stoops21 wrote:Humidity is my kryptonite. Which states have the lowest humidity percentages?

The Deep South is very low in humidity. Consider southern Mississippi. It's quite lovely.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-30, 17:18

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Yes he did. It's a minor league team, they want to give away the y-shirts.

The question was about which Olympian proposed in Rio or something like that. Anyway, Conner Cook was one of the answers. So I said, well I know it's not Cook, but go green anyway, and then I answered A. It's my new night shirt now.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-08-30, 17:20

Dendrobates wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

The question was about which Olympian proposed in Rio or something like that. Anyway, Conner Cook was one of the answers. So I said, well I know it's not Cook, but go green anyway, and then I answered A. It's my new night shirt now.

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie. Isn't that exciting!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-30, 17:24

Dendrobates wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

What was your impression of the ballpark/game/fans/atmosphere? Will you and nevets go back?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-30, 17:24

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie. Isn't that exciting!

You bet your sweet ass Charlie ! It was quite rivieting!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-30, 17:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

What was your impression of the ballpark/game/fans/atmosphere? Will you and nevets go back?

I heard that most of the games sold out the first few months. It was maybe half full. We bought the "family deal" 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and drinks for $55. It was a nice set up. I was surprised that Jimmy Johns field didn't have Jimmy Johns. That didn't make sense. It could use a better setup for food besides all small carts everywhere. But I liked that there were local breweries in there. We will be going again. Mostly because it's fairly inexpensive, we enjoy watching some of the game, and we live very close to there. It's a good choice when you want to do something, but don't want to spend much to do something. I hope they do build other stadiums and get more teams in the future.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-30, 17:43

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I heard that most of the games sold out the first few months. It was maybe half full. We bought the "family deal" 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and drinks for $55. It was a nice set up. I was surprised that Jimmy Johns field didn't have Jimmy Johns. That didn't make sense. It could use a better setup for food besides all small carts everywhere. But I liked that there were local breweries in there. We will be going again. Mostly because it's fairly inexpensive, we enjoy watching some of the game, and we live very close to there. It's a good choice when you want to do something, but don't want to spend much to do something. I hope they do build other stadiums and get more teams in the future.

Good info. I knew Jimmy John's didn't have any product there, but didn't know that all the food was sold from carts. My son has been to a game, but despite only living two miles up the road, I haven't made it to a game yet. My original theory was that most people who went to a game would go for the novelty and there wouldn't be many that returned, which would lead to Utica to figure out what to do with an empty ballpark in three years. I'm probably going to be proven wrong on that.

There's a separate USPBL thread on here somewhere, with maybe 20 posts in it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-30, 18:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Good info. I knew Jimmy John's didn't have any product there, but didn't know that all the food was sold from carts. My son has been to a game, but despite only living two miles up the road, I haven't made it to a game yet. My original theory was that most people who went to a game would go for the novelty and there wouldn't be many that returned, which would lead to Utica to figure out what to do with an empty ballpark in three years. I'm probably going to be proven wrong on that.

There's a separate USPBL thread on here somewhere, with maybe 20 posts in it.

It seems like a nice place to bring younger kids. There's a playground there, you can bring a blanket and lay out in a field to watch the game. There may be good in the large built in bar on the main floor. But we didn't go in, because it was thirsty Thursday dollar beer night. I've been to other minor league games, and it seemed similar to those, except for it being new, and spaced out to build up more if needed.

Im surprise they built it in Utica, because it just seems like a small odd place. But there was lots of parking and it was a short walk to the stadium. I don't know if it will continue doing well or not. But I like the idea, and I hope it develops more.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-30, 20:02

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Since you live near there, have you tried Danny J's (formerly Hatchy's) yet?  Never been there.  One of our project managers accepted a job at another place and we're taking him there for lunch Thursday.

Checked their menu...looks interesting with a few things you don't generally see at a pizza joint.  Plan on trying the tuna tartare

Danny J's menu
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-30, 20:15

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Since you live near there, have you tried Danny J's (formerly Hatchy's) yet?  Never been there.  One of our project managers accepted a job at another place and we're taking him there for lunch Thursday.

Checked their menu...looks interesting with a few things you don't generally see at a pizza joint.  Plan on trying the tuna tartare

Danny J's menu

Nope, I haven't tried Danny's. I've heard the same thing as you about it though. Only went to Hatchys once or twice years ago.

Since there are a couple of swill posters that live near there, I say we all meet up sometime for a drink or lunch. What say you Pantry and Floyd Robertson?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-30, 20:20

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Danny J's menu

Nope, I haven't tried Danny's. I've heard the same thing as you about it though. Only went to Hatchys once or twice years ago.

Since there are a couple of swill posters that live near there, I say we all meet up sometime for a drink or lunch. What say you Pantry and Floyd Robertson?

I'm game. Not that I have any game. Oh hell, you know what I mean.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-30, 20:39

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Danny J's menu

Sure. WBH lives right around the corner and should join us too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-31, 18:37

I'm supposed to be on my way to the annual HOA meeting, but I don't feel like listening to old people bitch for two hours. I went to first three after moving in, and I feel guilty of blowing it off, but not that guilty.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-31, 18:39

Floyd why the fuck do you go to HOA meetings? That sounds terrible. Now, get off my lawn.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-31, 18:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Floyd why the fuck do you go to HOA meetings? That sounds terrible. Now, get off my lawn.

I was trying to be a good neighbor, maybe meet some people. The meetings are pretty well attended, because what else do old peeps have to do. Maybe 100-125 people, but never high enough % to change any rules.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-31, 18:48

The real question is why would your ever live in a neighborhood with an hoa?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-31, 18:50

Rocinante wrote:The real question is why would your ever live in a neighborhood with an hoa?

I bet most subs in Mi built in the last 10-15 years have them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-31, 19:28

Both Shooter and Lethal Weapon are being turned into tv series, further confirming that Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-31, 19:41

tGreenWay wrote:Both Shooter and Lethal Weapon are being turned into tv series, further confirming that Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.
There's probably less than 50 basic storylines used in movies that get rehashed over-and-over in different forms.

Kinda like your input to The Pasty Thread
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-31, 19:56

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Both Shooter and Lethal Weapon are being turned into tv series, further confirming that Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.
There's probably less than 50 basic storylines used in movies that get rehashed over-and-over in different forms.

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Giphy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 20:02

The Pantry wrote:

Let's list them.
1. Giant robots from space that turn into vehicles bring their war to Earth.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 20:05

2. Basic in-home service (pizza delivery, home repair, etc.) goes off the rails and escalates into an orgy.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 20:06

3. Morgan Freeman helps white people.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 20:08

4. Shark!!!
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 20:11

5. Will Smith plays Will Smith.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 20:16

6)Woman falls for bad man, turns out he has a heart of gold.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-31, 20:30

The Pantry wrote:

Jelly is an ugly look on you, Chef. Random Ramblings - Page 5 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-31, 22:04

7. Team of losers somehow gets it together and pulls off the big upset on their way to glory.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-31, 22:30

8. Daughter is fucking her boyfriend, milf walks in and joins
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 22:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:8. Daughter is fucking her boyfriend, milf walks in and joins

Movies, not your wet dreams.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-31, 22:55

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Sure. WBH lives right around the corner and should join us too.

We should all get something on the books next week.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next