Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials

+8
SawGreen
Triple Sparty
tanfan!
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
pulling69
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
12 posters

Go down

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials Empty This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 17:08

I saw that La-Z-Boy shares took a hit today, and it got me wondering about the future of the company, considering the rapidly aging Baby Boomer population.

So, do you now own, or do you plan to own in the future, one of those La-Z-Boy recliners?

No poll coming, but thanks a pantsful.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials Empty Re: This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials

Post by Guest 2016-08-23, 17:18

I own a couple of Lazy boys - my kids sit in them more than I do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials Empty Re: This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-23, 17:21

I don't like recliners. If I want to recline I'll just go horizontal on the couch or the bed. Plus, I have this coffee table for my feet in case of emergency. So, no.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 17:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't like recliners. If I want to recline I'll just go horizontal on the couch or the bed. Plus, I have this coffee table for my feet in case of emergency. So, no.

I'm getting nudged out by my wife and the family pooch. When I do get a spot on the sofa, the coffee table woos my feet, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 17:56

LooseGoose wrote:I own a couple of Lazy boys - my kids sit in them more than I do.

I loved sitting in and playing with my grandparents La-Z-Boys when I was a kid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2016-08-23, 17:57

I own a recliner, a Serta I think....Super comfortable and plush and everyone that comes over wants to sit in it...Only negative is that I got trapped in it after my arms got all jacked, couldn't sleep laying down in my bed so I used the recliner, could have been a death trap but I have since forgiven my chair.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-23, 17:58

I like recliners.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2016-08-23, 18:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I like recliners.

Since you are hopping on your new city team bandwagons, shouldn't you be all about a "Denver" chair?

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials Denver_chair_strix_1
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-23, 18:03

where ever I sit this lazy boy is comfortable.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 18:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I like recliners.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD, MILLENNIAL. You're too young to start thinking about old man chairs. It's for your own good. Go hike in the woods and worry about becoming bear poop.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 18:25

pulling69 wrote:I own a recliner, a Serta I think....Super comfortable and plush and everyone that comes over wants to sit in it...Only negative is that I got trapped in it after my arms got all jacked, couldn't sleep laying down in my bed so I used the recliner, could have been a death trap but I have since forgiven my chair.

You seem to have quite an intimate relationship with your chair. Does s/he have a name?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-23, 18:45

Never owned one never will. I don't fit the demographic.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2016-08-23, 18:46

Tanfan! wrote:Never owned one never will. I don't fit the demographic.

You are so old that the next chair you can look forward to will be one of the following:

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 9SL_400_A

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials Hoveround-bariatric-hd6-Power-Wheelchair-LG

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials ECI_34
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-23, 18:53

For our baby rocker, we got a LaZBoy rocker-recliner to put in the office. Also have a sectional and modern-ish, ie, not poofy, chair and couch set. Planning to refurnish though and unlikely we will be able to find something from LaZBoy in style we want, although they do have a few modern couches and chairs.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 19:21

pulling69 wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:Never owned one never will. I don't fit the demographic.

You are so old that the next chair you can look forward to will be one of the following:

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 9SL_400_A

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials Hoveround-bariatric-hd6-Power-Wheelchair-LG

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials ECI_34

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 502811600 Straight to chair #3 for Tanner.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-23, 19:23

Triple Sparty wrote:For our baby rocker, we got a LaZBoy rocker-recliner to put in the office. Also have a sectional and modern-ish, ie, not poofy, chair and couch set. Planning to refurnish though and unlikely we will be able to find something from LaZBoy in style we want, although they do have a few modern couches and chairs.

Just go with the old school itchy wool fabric with a vomit-colored plaid pattern. It'll be ugly but still work great for when your grandkids retire.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2016-08-23, 19:47

I bought one with heat and a very underwhelming "massage" feature. I took it up North so tFam's cats don't rip it to shreds and piss all over it. I like them.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-23, 19:52

Don't you tell me if a thread is not for me! Men who tell me what to do , don't see the light of day again.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2016-08-23, 19:58

Dendrobates wrote:Don't you tell me if a thread is not for me! Men who tell me what to do , don't see the light of day again.

So you... recliners... opinions? stories?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-23, 20:12

SawGreen wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Don't you tell me if a thread is not for me! Men who tell me what to do , don't see the light of day again.

So you... recliners... opinions? stories?

I'm a recliner fan. If you can see my avatar, my recliner is in the pic with my cat Casper lying in it. But a recliner doesn't fit in our living room now, it's perfect in our finish basement. I do have our couches in the living room recline though. It's a must have.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-23, 20:34

Dendrobates wrote:I do have our couches in the living room recline though. It's a must have.
This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 3609021617 This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 3609021617

This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 3434560931 This question is for old guys and middle-agers, not millennials 3434560931
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-08-23, 23:26

Not a recliner fan. Can't get comfortable in them, no matter what I do.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-24, 01:11

Good thing about the Lazy Boy brand is the mechanism is damned near bullet proof and they last years, sometimes decades (in my case).

Lazy Boy has a design problem. Their chairs look like 1950's -1960's recliners. Put that together with how long they last and the influx of cheaper competitors and I can see why they are struggling.

Our family's Lazy Boy was one of the first pieces of furniture I ever purchased. It was at University Village through 4 moves when my wife got tired of it and we gave it to my late father after his recliner broke after 3 years. He died and it went to my oldest's bedroom. She took it to college. Got it back and my youngest used it in his bedroom as his study chair. Last week it went to his apartment. The chair won't die.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-24, 01:40

I wanted to surprise you. I have plans for the two of us in my new recliner. One word: Reverse Cowgirl.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-24, 01:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Good thing about the Lazy Boy brand is the mechanism is damned near bullet proof and they last years, sometimes decades (in my case).

Lazy Boy has a design problem. Their chairs look like 1950's -1960's recliners. Put that together with how long they last and the influx of cheaper competitors and I can see why they are struggling.

Our family's Lazy Boy was one of the first pieces of furniture I ever purchased. It was at University Village through 4 moves when my wife got tired of it and we gave it to my late father after his recliner broke after 3 years. He died and it went to my oldest's bedroom. She took it to college. Got it back and my youngest used it in his bedroom as his study chair. Last week it went to his apartment. The chair won't die.

I haven't actually looked at LZB styles, but a quick google of BarcaLounger showed a variety of options. Plus, it's just fun to say La-Z-Boy and BarcaLounger.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-24, 03:40

I will tell you that that chair was responsible for missing a shit load of Saturday night football 2nd halves.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-24, 07:42

pulling69 wrote:I own a recliner, a Serta I think....Super comfortable and plush and everyone that comes over wants to sit in it...Only negative is that I got trapped in it after my arms got all jacked, couldn't sleep laying down in my bed so I used the recliner, could have been a death trap but I have since forgiven my chair.

HAHAHAHAHA!! That's great. I picture you flailing around like Randy in the Christmas story.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down