Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

+28
MasonGuy
Spartan Punk
Cosmo_Kramer
Blanch32
MSULordyoda
SawGreen
Nommad2
gvsparty
Notorious GiB
tanfan!
CrazySparty
Robert J Sakimano
Zeno
Bizarro Fletch
Sponge Worthy
LoneWolfSparty
WBill
Death Roe
The Lonely Stoner
steveschneider
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Larry Kazamias
Black Dutch
Brock Middlebrook
tTito
Giant Moose
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

Post by Nommad2 2014-05-21, 13:35

It's for the best, both for him, and for the team. He was a liability every time he played. He had plenty of chances, so k, thx, bye.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 13:37

CrazySparty wrote:Byrd's situation is the epitome of why Izzo hates social media

If only there was a way to turn off twitter...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 13:39

CrazySparty wrote:

Yeah, hundreds of people hurling insults at you a day behind the security of a keyboard wouldn't have any effect on your day-to-day life at all.

Big bad OTPT at it again

Wait...you WANTED critical MSU sports discussion? But, now you don't? Make up your mind dude.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 13:40

NigelUno wrote:

If only there was a way to turn off twitter...

CrazySparty just loves to blow sunshine up our asses about anything MSU. No one is allowed to question, criticize, or even say anything not positive about something regarding MSU. It's not good to blindly follow something, Crazy. It's not healthy. That shit belongs at 247.

Byrd should have deleted his twitter if it affected him.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-21, 13:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Gauna gone also.

I don't think many people know that Im Gauna Kickbooty was his grandfather.

I wish nothing for the best for both Byrd and Gauna. You wear Green and keep clean, I'm in your corner. Best of luck to them.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 13:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 502811600 Sorry I'm not on my knees for Byrd. It's funny that you get so offended about someone saying a player you don't know isn't any good. I never said anything about him as a person, he just isn't very good at basketball. I'm sorry.  Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 2599972566 

You must have some reading issues.

I said Byrd's situation is why Izzo hates social media. Byrd transferring has just as much, if not more, to do with off-the-court issues(Especially Twitter) as it does on-the-court. You then claimed Twitter had nothing to do with Byrd's struggles, which is fairly ignorant considering you and I both know you've never come close to enduring the type of criticism he faced on a near daily basis. Byrd was not a good player, but that in no way excuses the garbage he dealt with from "fans" during his time in EL.

But hey, if you think you're smarter than Izzo on this issue, that tells me all I need to know about your intelligence, or lack there of.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 13:44

NigelUno wrote:

Wait...you WANTED critical MSU sports discussion?  But, now you don't?  Make up your mind dude.

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 502811600 His obsession with me has caused him to go into a tail spin on tSwill. It won't be much longer until he ends up like RP and back on 247
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 13:44

CrazySparty wrote:

You must have some reading issues.

I said Byrd's situation is why Izzo hates social media. Byrd transferring has just as much, if not more, to do with off-the-court issues(Especially Twitter) as it does on-the-court. You then claimed Twitter had nothing to do with Byrd's struggles, which is fairly ignorant considering you and I both know you've never come close to enduring the type of criticism he faced on a near daily basis. Byrd was not a good player, but that in no way excuses the garbage he dealt with from "fans" during his time in EL.

But hey, if you think you're smarter than Izzo on this issue, that tells me all I need to know about your intelligence, or lack there of.

Wait, so why didn't Byrd delete his twitter then?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSULordyoda 2014-05-21, 13:47

As mentioned we'll all remember that 3 he hit against Iowa.

The other thing mentioned in the article that is probably a far better accomplishment is that he snagged Klarissa Bell and will be marrying her next month. I know most of you guys drooled over her.
MSULordyoda
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 13:48

NigelUno wrote:

Wait...you WANTED critical MSU sports discussion? But, now you don't? Make up your mind dude.

Critical discussion = Hurling personal insults behind the security of a keyboard?

You and I have two very different interpretations of "critical discussion"
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 13:49

CrazySparty wrote:

Critical discussion = Hurling personal insults behind the security of a keyboard?

Insults? Who insulted Byrd? Wouldn't Byrd admit that he wasn't a good player at MSU?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 13:50

Wait, did social media make him not play defense? Miss most of his 3s? Turn the ball over? Foul?

Twitter is more powerful than I thought, shit. Is twitter God?

CrazySparty wrote:

Are you implying OTPT's post = "hurling personal insults"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-21, 13:52

Insults? Who insulted Byrd? Wouldn't Byrd admit that he wasn't a good player at MSU?
I think people can deal with a person not quite living up to expectations if they are working hard. Maybe Byrd was working hard behind the scenes, but I seem to remember a timeout where Izzo was explaining something and Byrd was on the outside talking and not seeming to care/pay attention. That's on him. Not social media.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 13:53

If someone can't handle criticism on twitter, how do they handle criticism on the road?

(For the record, I'm not saying any particular player couldn't handle it...I'm speaking to the implication that twitter affected someone's play)

Last edited by NigelUno on 2014-05-21, 13:55; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 13:53

Holy shit you guys are stupid.

I said Byrd's situation is why Izzo hates social media. OTPT dismissed any impact social media could've had on Byrd's play. I used common sense to dispute OTPT's claim. What is so hard for you to follow?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 13:56

NigelUno wrote:If someone can't handle criticism on twitter, how do they handle criticism on the road?

I'd say it's a little different when the insults are coming from your team's "fans", wouldn't you?

Any post critical of someone's play is fine. Using Twitter to tell someone to kill themselves(which was a popular insult for Byrd haters to use), is pathetic.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-21, 13:58

Maybe we actually should have been meaner to Byrd?

He probably eliminated Kentucky because a fan yelled at him for wearing yellow and black instead of blue when he was there.

His son was “absolutely amazed” by Madness and almost apologetic after the public pickup games on Saturday. A fan yelled at him for not wearing blue. Byrd played in a yellow t-shirt and black shorts.

“He felt bad,” Kelly Byrd said. “He almost felt like it was disrespectful. (Russell Byrd said) ‘Dad, I didn’t know. I grabbed the first thing out of the drawer.’ ”

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2008/10/13/russell-byrd-enjoys-uk-visit-but/
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 14:07

CrazySparty wrote:

I'd say it's a little different when the insults are coming from your team's "fans", wouldn't you?

Any post critical of someone's play is fine. Using Twitter to tell someone to kill themselves(which was a popular insult for Byrd haters to use), is pathetic.

Twitter impact before a game > Fans screaming at you during a game?

Is this your thesis?

Again...why can't twitter be turned off? Seems like a simple solution, correct? If it's that much of an issue, as you seem to be implying?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-21, 14:18

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I know everyone concentrated on the fact that he wasn't the sharpshooter he was supposed to be, but IMHO the biggest thing the injuries robbed him of was the ability to keep up defensively. From everything that was said of him during his recruitment he had sufficient speed to play at a high level. Terrible luck, not dissimilar to Delvon Roe.

Kudos to the kid for always remaining a solid teammate. It has to be incredibly tough to be a top tier recruit and spend most of your career on the bench due mostly to factors outside of your control.

Fwiw bograkos never had d1 speed either....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-21, 14:21

CrazySparty just loves to blow sunshine up our asses about anything MSU. No one is allowed to question, criticize, or even say anything not positive about something regarding MSU. It's not good to blindly follow something, Crazy. It's not healthy. That shit belongs at 247.

Byrd should have deleted his twitter if it affected him.

Other than maybe twitter, where was he being attacked? The blowar bonars wouldn't have it.

I'm sorry but dude was a premadonna and glad he's done. Min effort while on Tue floor. I've seen no hustle on and 1 mix tapes
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-21, 14:22

NigelUno wrote:If someone can't handle criticism on twitter, how do they handle criticism on the road?

(For the record, I'm not saying any particular player couldn't handle it...I'm speaking to the implication that twitter affected someone's play)

To be fair, people can't handle criticism on message boards. But, they don't have a coach and administration monitoring their retort.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 14:27

CrazySparty wrote:Holy shit you guys are stupid.

I said Byrd's situation is why Izzo hates social media. OTPT dismissed any impact social media could've had on Byrd's play. I used common sense to dispute OTPT's claim. What is so hard for you to follow?

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 502811600 Commence the melt-down...soooo no one/I never insulted Byrd on tSwill? Gotcha.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-21, 14:50

Blanch32 wrote:

Fwiw bograkos never had d1 speed either....

Was Bograkos asked to guard 3s and 4s?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-21, 14:51

NigelUno wrote:

Are you implying OTPT's post = "hurling personal insults"?

What percentage of your replies are in the form of a question?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 14:54

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Wouldn't one need more speed to guard 1 and 2s instead of forwards..?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-21, 15:03

He was flying too close to the sun on the wings of pastrami
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Punk 2014-05-21, 15:06

I don't think Byrd's inuries were his problems, I think it had to do more with playing on such a large stage. We heard for a few years how much he was tearing it up in practice and rarely missed a shot in practice. He was never able to do what he could in practice in a game. He seemed like someone who needed to play without a big spotlight on him.
Spartan Punk
Spartan Punk
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-21, 15:15

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Dude this is somehow going to help your argument?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 15:26

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

What percentage of your replies are in the form of a question?

32.3% of the hard hitting, somewhat rhetorical, possibly deeply introspective, and occasionally sarcastic ones.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-05-21, 16:11

Spartan Punk wrote:I don't think Byrd's inuries were his problems, I think it had to do more with playing on such a large stage. We heard for a few years how much he was tearing it up in practice and rarely missed a shot in practice. He was never able to do what he could in practice in a game. He seemed like someone who needed to play without a big spotlight on him.

He earned the spotlight. Highly regarded, highly recruited, every year is going to be "his" year. I doubt any of us can handle that kind of pressure to perform. When you are cocky arrogant and you bang your first shot of the game off the front of the rim you can't wait for the second shot so you can drill it. With Byrd, when he missed the first shot, you knew he was done for the game...

I hope he tears ass at this new place.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA 2014-05-21, 16:43

Byrdman is a great Spartan. No doubt that a large part of him doing this is because he know's it's what's best for MSU bball.

Injuries and psychological issues killed his bball career, 4 years Klarissa Bell isn't a bad consolation prize though. Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) - Page 2 502811600
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-21, 18:38

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-05-21, 19:41

Byrd had his one shining moment in Iowa City. He's marrying fellow Spartan Klarissa Bell on the shores of Lake Michigan and will be getting his Econ. degree next year.

For a guy whose MSU career was started with three foot surgeries he did okay and he isn't bitter. A promising high school star, class guy with incredibly bad luck.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2014-05-21, 20:08

GRR Spartan wrote:...and he isn't bitter.

Bob could learn a thing or two from Byrd.  Wink 
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-22, 06:16

NigelUno wrote:

Twitter impact before a game > Fans screaming at you during a game?

Is this your thesis?

Again...why can't twitter be turned off?  Seems like a simple solution, correct?  If it's that much of an issue, as you seem to be implying?

Crazy sparty is a tea blower. If ANYONE posted anything remotely critical of a players play he was all over the mods demanding they get banned on tcock. Know your tea blowers.  affraid he's one of the reasons this board was created.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-22, 06:22

NigelUno wrote:

Wait...you WANTED critical MSU sports discussion?  But, now you don't?  Make up your mind dude.

He's blaming negative comments from posters on tcock etc for byrds lack of confidence. His kids will all get participation trophies too. He's emblematic of The pussification of America.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-22, 06:52

GRR Spartan wrote:Byrd had his one shining moment in Iowa City.  He's marrying fellow Spartan Klarissa Bell on the shores of Lake Michigan and will be getting his Econ. degree next year.  

For a guy whose MSU career was started with three foot surgeries he did okay and he isn't bitter.  A promising high school star, class guy with incredibly bad luck.

What current (or former) MSU basketball player does Klarissa cuckold Russell with?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2