Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the name of that breakfast place in Lansing the BTN did a thing on?

+8
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
Blanch32
Clarett's Folly
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
DWags
12 posters

Go down

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Empty What was the name of that breakfast place in Lansing the BTN did a thing on?

Post by DWags Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 8:48

can't remember. Was texting the kid, she wanted to know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Empty Re: What was the name of that breakfast place in Lansing the BTN did a thing on?

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 8:52

Golden Harvest
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Empty Re: What was the name of that breakfast place in Lansing the BTN did a thing on?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 9:03

been there exactly once.. not worth the wait.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 9:23

Most overrated breakfast joint ever.

Block out two hours, bring cash and try not to look into the kitchen. Unless you don't have a problem with a bare handed cooked wiping his dirty paws on a dirty rag.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 9:26

duffy munn wrote:Most overrated breakfast joint ever.

Block out two hours, bring cash and try not to look into the kitchen. Unless you don't have a problem with a bare handed cooked wiping his dirty paws on a dirty rag.
this.

if you're destined to go to Lansing for breakfast, just hit up Fleetwood.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 9:33

Just looked at the website and pictures.  yeah, I told her it doesn't look great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 9:38

DWags wrote:Just looked at the website and pictures.  yeah, I told her it doesn't look great.

Dude, it is.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:00

Shocking you and the rest of the The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria hate it lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:05

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:Just looked at the website and pictures.  yeah, I told her it doesn't look great.

Dude, it is.

What's good there?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:07

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Dude, it is.

What's good there?

everything but the atmosphere for you. better stick with el azteco.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:15

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

What's good there?

everything but the atmosphere for you. better stick with el azteco.

Which side of the menu did your slam piece typically order?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:24

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

everything but the atmosphere for you.  better stick with el azteco.

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? 1966794946

Never, and I mean never gets old.  I wondered why he was so passionate about it.  I can only imagine he goes piggin there after a night of drinking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:26

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? 1966794946

Never, and I mean never gets old.  I wondered why he was so passionate about it.  I can only imagine he goes piggin there after a night of drinking.

that cause you simpleton
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:29

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Dude, it is.

What's good there?

Waiting in line an hour with the rest of the bohemians is the best part. Food is just a sidelight for being seen in the cool places. It's a shared suffering experience of the wait, overpriced food, and cramped loud quarters.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:30

I thought the food was good. But, not worth an hour wait (nor another hour once inside).

If I went again, I would go really early. I wouldn't bother with going on a weekend (unless early), and if there's more than 10 people in line...forget it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:34

BleacherSwill wrote:
DWags wrote:

What's good there?

Waiting in line an hour with the rest of the bohemians is the best part. Food is just a sidelight for being seen in the cool places. It's a shared suffering experience of the wait, overpriced food, and cramped loud quarters.
What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:35

I thought it was really good. But I've only been once on account of not living in town... anyway, what the hell else am I doing with that hour? Go to Denny's maybe? It's definitely worth trying and whatever on the wait, assuming we're talking about a weekend or whatever when you have nothing pressing to get to.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:39

I'm just going to stick with Theo's, at 3 am.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

this.

I checked out the Fleetwood website and why was I not shocked to see this as their slogan:

"The hippest little diners in the hippest Midwest towns.."
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:42

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this.

I checked out the Fleetwood website and why was I not shocked to see this as their slogan:

I'm not sure Cedar Street in Lansing, Michigan can qualify as a "hip Midwest town".. but it's a decent enough place for breakfast.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'm not sure Cedar Street in Lansing, Michigan can qualify as a "hip Midwest town".. but it's a decent enough place for breakfast.

City snob.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 10:58

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure Cedar Street in Lansing, Michigan can qualify as a "hip Midwest town".. but it's a decent enough place for breakfast.

City snob.
What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

#hippyhash
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:01

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Dude, it is.

What's good there?

I usually order off of their 'specials' board because the dishes are unique and always changing and decent in portion size. They always feature some type of breakfast burrito, breakfast sandwich, or omelette which is what I usually end up getting with a side of home fries. Their cheese grits topped with bacon crumbles and green onions are unreal good.
Now for the downside; pretty much everything everyone is saying in this thread is true. The place is small and the line is long meaning it could be 90 minutes before you even sit down to eat. It's cash only so come prepared. The crowd is typically heavy on the 'type-of-people-who-Instagram-their food' demographic but to me the food is good so that doesn't matter.
My advice would be to block off three hours to eat there. If you're out in two it's a bonus but it could easily take all three. I've found the food to be more than worth the wait, though.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:07

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Dude, it is.

What's good there?

Here's some pics of the ever changing specials menu.

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Menu110
What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Menu210
What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Menu310
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:11

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

What's good there?

I usually order off of their 'specials' board because the dishes are unique and always changing and decent in portion size. They always feature some type of breakfast burrito, breakfast sandwich, or omelette which is what I usually end up getting with a side of home fries. Their cheese grits topped with bacon crumbles and green onions are unreal good.
Now for the downside; pretty much everything everyone is saying in this thread is true. The place is small and the line is long meaning it could be 90 minutes before you even sit down to eat. It's cash only so come prepared. The crowd is typically heavy on the 'type-of-people-who-Instagram-their food' demographic but to me the food is good so that doesn't matter.
My advice would be to block off three hours to eat there. If you're out in two it's a bonus but it could easily take all three. I've found the food to be more than worth the wait, though.

yeah, I don't think I'd invest that time on a sunday after drinking all day on a Saturday.  It was a text message about big ten eats around the midwest.  She will get to eat in most of the towns of the schools so she asked what the place in East Lansing they picked.   I couldn't remember the name but remembered the food looked like it was great hangover food.  But so is a coney breakfast.  I don't mind waiting that long for Ida Reds in Saugatuck in the summer, but you get a cup of coffee and sit under a big oak tree and just chill.   Usually only about a 45 minute wait for the hung over people there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:15

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

yeah, I don't think I'd invest that time on a sunday after drinking all day on a Saturday.  It was a text message about big ten eats around the midwest.  She will get to eat in most of the towns of the schools so she asked what the place in East Lansing they picked.   I couldn't remember the name but remembered the food looked like it was great hangover food.  But so is a coney breakfast.  I don't mind waiting that long for Ida Reds in Saugatuck in the summer, but you get a cup of coffee and sit under a big oak tree and just chill.   Usually only about a 45 minute wait for the hung over people there.

Here's the way to do it. Come up on a weekday to see the kiddo (the earlier in the week the better) and try to be standing in line by 8:00 AM. The wait should be minimal at that point and you can gorge yourself on some delicious eats.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Bob is throwing some hipster shade
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:40

NigelUno wrote:I thought the food was good. But, not worth an hour wait (nor another hour once inside).

If I went again, I would go really early. I wouldn't bother with going on a weekend (unless early), and if there's more than 10 people in line...forget it.

this
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:51

I've always enjoyed the food, but I admit I've not looked at who is preparing my grub. I don't go anymore because of the long wait, and I have no desire to get up before sunrise to stand in line for food. This ain't Russia, yet! Otherwise, as I've said before, they try too hard to be uncool. They're the anti-hipster hipsters, and they've read too many of their reviews. However, I'm giddy they're still around and doing well, because new generations need to experience it and then grow out of loving it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 11:00

What was the name of that breakfast place in  Lansing the BTN did a thing on? Guy_fieri
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down