Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
duffy munn
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.  Empty Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.

Post by DWags 2021-02-10, 22:55

Not surprising I guess. It’s pretty much like that all over.

Black people three times more likely to be pulled over in East Lansing. Do you think they’re really three times as bad of a driver that white people?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.  Empty Re: Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-11, 08:00

Kim Johnson is about the best dude you could ever meet. EL did the right thing coaxing him out of retirement.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.  Empty Re: Driving while black in East Lansing appears to be a real thing.

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-11, 08:15

Be interesting to see the data of students vs townies pulled over - aka hoopties vs suburus

EL is the only place I've ever been pulled over
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-11, 11:29

I think LJ Scott skewed those stats.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-11, 11:44

I remember seeing Charlie Bell roll around campus when he was a student. A 15 year old ford, rusted holes through the doors, muffler half falling off.

Betcha he was pulled over.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-11, 15:05

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Be interesting to see the data of students vs townies pulled over - aka hoopties vs suburus

Twice for me. Pulled over during undergrad north of Saginaw on Abbot on suspicion of DD. Passed the field test and went home to my apartment.

Pulled over a few years after I drove through a yellow light on Grand River downtown. Kind of pissed about that one. The cop just wanted to warn me not to go through yellow lights. Asshole.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-11, 15:29

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Be interesting to see the data of students vs townies pulled over - aka hoopties vs suburus

Twice for me. Pulled over during undergrad north of Saginaw on Abbot on suspicion of DD. Passed the field test and went home to my apartment.

Pulled over a few years after I drove through a yellow light on Grand River downtown. Kind of pissed about that one. The cop just wanted to warn me not to go through yellow lights. Asshole.

The narrative that the entire ELPD is filled with dicks is a myth. I can guarantee I've had more interaction with them than most and 95% were really good guys.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-11, 15:33

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The narrative that the entire ELPD is filled with dicks is a myth. I can guarantee I've had more interaction with them than most and 95% were really good guys.

Sincerely,
Older white guy
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, Turtleneck and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-11, 15:50

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Especially when you plied them with booze.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-11, 16:03

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

all cops are racist didn't you read the headline
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-11, 16:14

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Never said otherwise. I’ve lived in EL since ‘83 and have had many more positive interactions than negative. But OTPT and Roc bring up good points: A white male interacting w/cops is very likely going to have an easier time than any POC. Even when I was in my teens and twenties, I knew to act like an older, more mature person. I’ve also encountered some real assholes and know of others who have had quite negative experiences themselves.

Roc’s point also holds true. I’m sure you know all about the long, itemized list of free booze for police in that small room in the basement of Dooley’s. For a bar owner, it’s smart business because of the bond it builds with the cops working the streets.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-11, 16:14

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fucking pigs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-11, 16:58

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

The headline said that? D wags must have edited the original post
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-11, 17:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sincerely,
Older white guy

I went to MSU long before I became an old guy. I've had literally thousands of interactions with ELPD officers. I can tell you first hand they cut a ton of kids breaks. Most times some yes sirs or no sirs were enough for the cop not to arrest. It's the dumb asses that lipped off that got cuffed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-11, 17:14

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Never said otherwise. I’ve lived in EL since ‘83 and have had many more positive interactions than negative. But OTPT and Roc bring up good points: A white male interacting w/cops is very likely going to have an easier time than any POC. Even when I was in my teens and twenties, I knew to act like an older, more mature person. I’ve also encountered some real assholes and know of others who have had quite negative experiences themselves.

Roc’s point also holds true. I’m sure you know all about the long, itemized list of free booze for police in that small room in the basement of Dooley’s. For a bar owner, it’s smart business because of the bond it builds with the cops working the streets.

I didn't mean to imply you thought all cops suck. And yes I know all about the relationship between Dooley's and the cops. I played on the Dooleys softball team in the early 80's. Funny I was the only Dooley's employee on the team. The rest were all ELPD. Pizza and beer after the games. Never once say a check.

My point is the entire ELPD sucks narrative is false.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-11, 17:16

Rocinante wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Especially when you plied them with booze.

Not many came into my place off duty but you can bet the farm I never charged them a dime.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-11, 17:18

You're pretty easy to buy off Duffy. If I buy you pizza and beer will you tell WBH I'm actually nice?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-11, 17:33

Turtleneck wrote:You're pretty easy to buy off Duffy. If I buy you pizza and beer will you tell WBH I'm actually nice?

You can send the pizza and beer to my house and I’ll be sure Duffy gets it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-11, 17:38

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:You're pretty easy to buy off Duffy. If I buy you pizza and beer will you tell WBH I'm actually nice?

You can send the pizza and beer to my house and I’ll be sure Duffy gets it.

Does security let food delivery people past the gate? I would hate to make security drive up the hill to your place with the delivery.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-02-11, 22:04; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-11, 21:24

As an upper-middle class white guy in EL with some connections, I do agree with Duffy. Most EL cops are decent folks.

However, I'm also astute enough to know that non-upper-middle class white guys likely have different experiences. I'm respectful of that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-11, 22:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:As an upper-middle class white guy in EL with some connections, I do agree with Duffy. Most EL cops are decent folks.

However, I'm also astute enough to know that non-upper-middle class white guys likely have different experiences. I'm respectful of that.

Agree Bob and I'm sure DWB is real. My experiences were mostly will well to do white kids and ELPD. I found that the ones that were respectful went home and the dicks went to jail. I would like to think the same applies to black kids but I get that it probably doesn't . Hence the move by ELPD to correct it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-12, 05:47

NigelUno wrote:I think LJ Scott skewed those stats.

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down