Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

+7
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
P Rob
Turtleneck
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-20, 00:45

No. I give credit where credit is due.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 00:47

Fine. Be that way. I thought we were at least fake bros, Travis. You better hope you don't see me in the cafeteria.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-20, 00:58

Where is the satisfaction if I just tell you that you were throwing shade when you really weren't? You'd know I was faking it. And I'd know you were faking it. I think it's better we hold each other to a higher standard.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 01:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Where is the satisfaction if I just tell you that you were throwing shade when you really weren't? You'd know I was faking it. And I'd know you were faking it. I think it's better we hold each other to a higher standard.

Dude, I have no idea what any of that means.

I'm a 32 year old white guy. Come at me with something I'll get.

Unless it's song lyrics, in which case please share so I can partake in the laughter.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 01:03

*Busy googling*
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 01:04

So I googled your exact post and it took me to Ellen Jewell's lyric page. I'm not sure what that means yet.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-20, 01:08

I'm not sure where the confusion is so I'm going to assume it's with the phrase "throwing shade." Here it is according to urban dictionary. For what it's worth.

to talk trash about a friend or aquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect. When throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitcy, uncool one

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 01:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not sure where the confusion is so I'm going to assume it's with the phrase "throwing shade." Here it is according to urban dictionary. For what it's worth.

to talk trash about a friend or aquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect. When throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitcy, uncool one

I don't know what "throwing shade is".

So are we busting balls or are we squaring up for a fist fight? That's all I need to know at this point.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 01:15

Where I come from, Travis, you make a declaration of adversary to the individual with which you have an irreconcilable difference with.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-20, 16:04

OMG - he's sunk.   Someone found pictures of him marching for civil rights with John Lewis.

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG - Page 2 Sessions3

And OMG they're holding hands.

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG - Page 2 Sessions2

He MUST be a racist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-20, 19:45

Sessions will be approved. He's done nothing in his legal career that the new Senate majority will find objectionable.

He's a state's rights guy except when it comes to US drug laws.

Based on his votes on Roe v Wade one should expect him to argue aganst state's rights if the SCOTUS reverses that decision and an individual state would then pass state laws to allow abortion.

However it appears he'll allow states to keep their voting laws if he thinks those laws reduce voter fraud since he prosecuted cases that way when he was an attorney.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-27, 12:50

Sounds like the racist allegations were the norm for Dems - dead wrong.

DEMS’ SMEAR CAMPAIGN AGAINST SESSIONS LIKELY TO BACKFIRE

Now comes a powerful character witness to take on the racism slander. He is Donald Watkins, a prominent African-American attorney from Alabama. The Washington Times reports:

Donald V. Watkins said he first encountered Mr. Sessions during their days at law school, when the future senator was the first white student to ask him to join a campus organization — the Young Republicans.

Mr. Watkins declined, but said his interactions with Mr. Sessions throughout the years have convinced him the man President-elect Donald Trump wants to make the next U.S. attorney general is a good man.

“Jeff was a conservative then, as he is now, but he was NOT a racist,” Mr. Watkins wrote in a Facebook post in May, which he reposted Friday afternoon, just hours after Mr. Trump announced Mr. Sessions as his pick.

Mr. Watkins said he wished he’d come forward in 1986, when Mr. Sessions had been nominated to be a federal judge. His appointment was derailed by Senate Democrats, including then-Sen. Joseph R. Biden and current Sen. Patrick Leahy, the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary, who said Mr. Sessions had shown racist tendencies. The late Sen. Arlen Specter, who at the time was a Republican but later switched parties, also joined in opposing Mr. Sessions.

A few years later, Mr. Watkins said he ran into Mr. Sessions in Birmingham and said he was surprised Mr. Sessions didn’t call him as a witness.

“At the end of our conversation, I told Jeff that I had failed him and myself. I should have volunteered to stand by his side and tell the story of his true character at his confirmation hearing. The fact that I did not rise on my own to defend Jeff’s good name and character haunted me for years. I promised Jeff that I would never stand idly by and allow another good and decent person endure a similar character assassination if it was within my power to stop it,” Mr. Watkins writes.

Keep in mind that Watkins’ law school encounters with Jeff Sessions took place in Alabama in the early 1970s. Those of a certain age will appreciate the sterling character of a man who would reach out to a black student in that place during that time, and will understand the lasting impression it made on Watkins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2