Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 25 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 16:39

Governor James Blanchard first name floated for interim. 950 Am wwj
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 25 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-24, 16:40

MSU is afraid of the financial consequences if its insurers walk away.

But what if it keeps those insurance policies in place only to see large numbers of potential students, donors and alumni walk away in disgust?
Here's the thing. I don't think that MSU covered this up, at all. I think there were people at MSU who may have covered for Nassar, but I don't think it rose very high. I also think that Nassar was able to explain that the medical practice he was doing could make some of the girls uncomfortable, and misunderstand when he was doing. I don't know if he explained to other what he was doing or not in detail, but he had to have an explanation for what he was doing. Unfortunately it sounds like MSU is going to take it worse than PSU, when PSU IMO, was 10 times worse with the cover up. USAG and the USOC have a lot less assets and there is no way they could start to compensate for this. The board isn't making things easier by putting out stupid statements, but I think part of the reason why is that they were blindsided by what was happening and how big it actually is.
There's no good answer here. I just don't like making decisions based on the lynch mob.
Disclaimer - I'm way out of state and I haven't read much in the last 2 weeks. I do know that 150ish women gave statements. Everything about this is horrible. I just hope that the person most responsible isn't the most responsible because they have the deepest pockets.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 16:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well it's been what, 5 years since the dust settled at Penn State? Would you say they have recovered?

Equating PSU in the state of Pennsylvania isn’t quite right WBH. As much as I hate to say it, the equivalent might be had it happened to Pitt. As far as donors teachers and native following.

Hopefully you’re right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 16:44

InTenSity wrote:
MSU is afraid of the financial consequences if its insurers walk away.

But what if it keeps those insurance policies in place only to see large numbers of potential students, donors and alumni walk away in disgust?
Here's the thing. I don't think that MSU covered this up, at all. I think there were people at MSU who may have covered for Nassar, but I don't think it rose very high. I also think that Nassar was able to explain that the medical practice he was doing could make some of the girls uncomfortable, and misunderstand when he was doing. I don't know if he explained to other what he was doing or not in detail, but he had to have an explanation for what he was doing. Unfortunately it sounds like MSU is going to take it worse than PSU, when PSU IMO, was 10 times worse with the cover up. USAG and the USOC have a lot less assets and there is no way they could start to compensate for this. The board isn't making things easier by putting out stupid statements, but I think part of the reason why is that they were blindsided by what was happening and how big it actually is.
There's no good answer here. I just don't like making decisions based on the lynch mob.
Disclaimer - I'm way out of state and I haven't read much in the last 2 weeks. I do know that 150ish women gave statements. Everything about this is horrible. I just hope that the person most responsible isn't the most responsible because they have the deepest pockets.

I honestly think it’s too late for reason and patience. 96-11 the state legislature just resolve to implore LAKS to resign.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-24, 17:05

It is never too late for reason.
Emotions are high, don't allow emotions to over rule common sense (though we've seen little of it by leadership lately), or else we are Missouri.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-24, 17:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is really interesting.

https://www.gongwer.com/programming/blogindex.cfm

Follow the money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 17:21

I.B. Fine wrote:It is never too late for reason.
Emotions are high, don't allow emotions to over rule common sense (though we've seen little of it by leadership lately), or else we are Missouri.

Students are marching on LAKS Friday. Trainer and priest just publicly resigned. These horses have left the stable.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-24, 17:29

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:It is never too late for reason.

Students are marching on LAKS Friday. Trainer and priest just publicly resigned. These horses have left the stable.

They may not have to, I bet she's gone before Friday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 17:50

I don't know how to link stuff - I'm on my phone, on my couch with a cat asleep on me - but apparently a second Board member has now said Simon needs to go.

She might not last 'til the rally on Friday. Who knows.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 17:55

Governor James Blanchard.

Who cares at this point. Feel weird being concerned with anything MSU except the victims.

Fuck Nassar.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-24, 18:18

If this happened on your watch, aren't you kind of getting off the hook a little by resigning? Just a musing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 19:02

Both US Senators representing Michigan - Stabenow and Peters - have now publicly called on LAKS to resign.

#TimesUp
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-24, 19:25

So many of you are emotionally over-involved in all of this POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 25 502811600 Yeah, the dude is a piece of shit for diddling all those girls, and now he's going to die in prison. But for fuck's sake, some of you need to step outside your little bubble. You're worse than a middle-aged woman agonizing over a celebrity death POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 25 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-24, 19:36

Breaking. http://statenews.com/article/2018/01/simon-to-resign
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-24, 19:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:Breaking. http://statenews.com/article/2018/01/simon-to-resign

#mobmentality
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-24, 19:41

Hollis is next.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-24, 19:41

Get ready for our sports success to take a dive. This was an unprecedented period of stability in the school/athletic administration. Wouldn't be surprised to see this hasten Izzo's retirement.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 20:03

Simon resigning is the right thing, obviously, but it doesn't remove my feeling of nausea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-24, 20:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Simon resigning is the right thing, obviously, but it doesn't remove my feeling of nausea.

Surprised it took this long
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-24, 20:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Simon resigning is the right thing, obviously, but it doesn't remove my feeling of nausea.

You're all going to regret this witch hunt...
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 20:25

aualum06 wrote:

I hope they have a good succession plan. I’m gonna guess they don’t. Victims need to be taken care of first. I’m not confident this particular BoT makes the right choice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-24, 20:26

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I hope they have a good succession plan. I’m gonna guess they don’t. Victims need to be taken care of first. I’m not confident this particular BoT makes the right choice.

Different issue but my guess is it's a crap show
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 20:31

aualum06 wrote:

yep. As I mentioned earlier, the victim impact statements are designed to influence sentencing. These particular statements, thankfully, influenced so much more.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=17872
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25