Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

+45
tanfan!
Crazy Jim9
xsanguine
Clarett's Folly
Frank Ricard
y2kMgrad
Punisher98
Jethro Bodeen
NigelUno
TheBobcat
I Still Hate Weber State
tig ol bitties
Zapp Brannigan
RubberbandMan
Larry Kazamias
Stoops21
MasonGuy
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
Herbie Green
The Doctor
Rocinante
Dolph Ziggler
Mentalstate
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Izzo Court
Rodeo Burger
Spartan Pride
duffy munn
Cosmo_Kramer
Ned Stark
Moral Outrage
WhiteBoyHatcher
Bronco_Bahma
WCS
tTy
Jake from State Farm
TrueGreenSpartan
tTito
Ass Dan
steveschneider
DWags
Giant Moose
CrazySparty
49 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 Empty Re: Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 12:01

Mentalstate wrote:

Your lack of reading comprehension saids it all. Thank you choir boy, and I look forward to all your future judgements.

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 502811600 You said the trash talking put the punch in context. It doesn't. At all. Trash talking occurs in every single game. A player taking a cheap shot in the handshake line? Not so much.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 Empty Re: Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-30, 12:02

So is there or isn't there a Blue Wall?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 12:03

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Dude seriously?  You're digging pretty deep for that argument.   Suspect  Here let me try to penetrate your thick skull.

If the article is about Dantonio's and MSU's decision on his scholarship it's about MSU.

If it's about Jayru and his court battle it's about Jayru and need not mention MSU at all.  The fact that most of the articles have, is a clear indication to me, and multiple others who have posted in this thread, of the Detroit Media's bias.

Is that clear enough?  If not I'm not sure what else to say at this point

lol! Saying jail time is directly related to a decision on whether to revoke a scholarship is "digging pretty deep"?!
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-30, 12:05

WCS wrote:

What Bullough/Linthecum did is much worse than what JC did. All JC did was throw someone to the ground in a body slam. Those guys actually struck someone with their fists and then ran away from the police, with Bullough drinking underage.

Why do you bring those two guys up in every thread about JC ? Very thinly veiled, Varg.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 12:06

CrazySparty wrote:

lol! Saying jail time is directly related to a decision on whether to revoke a scholarship is "digging pretty deep"?!

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 294152859 'aight I give up. It's like talkin' to a brick wall here. see ya Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1362440668 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler 2014-05-30, 12:06

I don't get what jail time should have to do with that decision. The actions that led to jailtime? Absolutely. But what does the sentence have to do with a guy's ability to help your football team?
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-30, 12:06

He actually only got 30 days you guys. The other 30 is the mandatory being black sentence.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 12:08

Rocinante wrote:He actually only got 30 days you guys. The other 30 is the mandatory being black sentence.

:old rimshot smiley:
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor 2014-05-30, 12:56

How will this affect his star rating?
The Doctor
The Doctor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-05-30, 13:00

Suppose the crime had taken place before Jayru committed to MSU. I don't think Dantonio would touch him with a 10 foot pole just as no other big school is going to recruit him now with this out there.

I'm OK with 2nd chances but I don't know if that obligation extends to a verbal commitment.

IIRC, Jay Dat Bull was dropped immediately after that video came out. Was that because JayDatBull broke that news himself?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 13:10

Herbie Green wrote:Suppose the crime had taken place before Jayru committed to MSU.  I don't think Dantonio would touch him with a 10 foot pole just as no other big school is going to recruit him now with this out there.

I'm OK with 2nd chances but I don't know if that obligation extends to a verbal commitment.

IIRC, Jay Dat Bull was dropped immediately after that video came out.  Was that because JayDatBull broke that news himself?
Jay Dat Bull decided to pursue his rapping carrier Coach D may or may not have helped him make that decision. Lol
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-30, 13:14

Not reading all of this. Did he or did he not get more days than Winston after he ko'd the hockey player
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-05-30, 13:18

The Doctor wrote:How will this affect his star rating?

He starts a 60 day jail term on July 28. That means he will miss at least half of the football season. I don't know if Wayne County jail has a weight room for him to stay in shape.

...with all the school he has missed I wonder if he will even be able to graduate on time.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-30, 13:20

Have all of you stepped outside before? (crazysparty) you sound like you live in fantasy land aka your mothers basement. Shit happens. Mistakes happen. Get a grip.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 13:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Have all of you stepped outside before? (crazysparty) you sound like you live in fantasy land aka your mothers basement. Shit happens. Mistakes happen. Get a grip.

You're saying I need to leave my parent's basement to find other kids who body slam security guards??

Geez, I guess I am glad my parents sent me to a private school
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 13:30

Getting an MIP "happens". Getting caught with weed "happens".

Body slamming a security guard?  Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 502811600 
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-30, 13:30

Jake from State Farm wrote:Of course there's the usual idiots like this posting comments in the comment section of the Freep:

Michael Benczarski · Top Commenter
Christopher Schultz -- I believe this counts as college credit under dantonio.
Reply · Like · 4 · about an hour ago

douchebags facebook page

Guys first two friends are from UofM Dearborn. Lol.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-05-30, 13:32

There is no crying in "croooootin" All of you need to wake up. Sure, the real world "effed" this kid and I am sorry it happened. I could give a rip whether the sentence was too harsh or whether some scUM dude did worse. The ONLY thing that matters is what matters and what matters is what happened and what happened is he is going to jail for 60 days.

He will do fine elsewhere...
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-05-30, 13:39

lol at scum fans still talking about us being thugs. When rape cover up is being investigated and another players being charged with 3 counts of assault. Their fan base can die any day now.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler 2014-05-30, 13:41

I would say what happened is he punched a kid in a handshake line and bodyslammed a security guard. Jail is one consequence. Dantonio's response is another. Why does the legal punishment make any difference? Just because jail?
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-30, 13:44

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

And this is what, their 2nd or 3rd article TOTAL on Lewan's actions?  How many on Jayru?  I'm not arguing Jayru didn't deserve punishment, I'm also not entirely sure he should still have a scholly offer (I'll leave that up to Coach D) but you can't honestly suggest that the media didn't blow this one WAY out of proportion, or that they are unfairly targeting this KID compared to how they've treated Lewan, an full grown ADULT.
And 2 of those articles were 1 question with no follow up, 

Blue wall: "hey taylor, did you do it"
Lewan: "no, and me and my mom are hurt by these accusations"
Blue wall: "ok, good enough for us"
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-05-30, 13:55

CrazySparty wrote:

He full-on body-slammed a security guard. Of course I do.

This board would be screaming bloody murder had a UM commit done the exact same thing.

Probably, but only because we'd be the only ones doing it. I mean, Lewan has a laundry list of crimes that are basically public knowledge, and no one in the Detroit media says a word about it.
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-30, 14:05

Dolph Ziggler wrote:I would say what happened is he punched a kid in a handshake line and bodyslammed a security guard. Jail is one consequence. Dantonio's response is another. Why does the legal punishment make any difference? Just because jail?

Bingo.

I don't give a shit if we take him or don't take him. Not up to me. We have Mark Motherfuckingbadassfucking Dantonio running our program and that motherfucker can do as he damn well pleases. I will trust him to make the right decision, and I could give two fucks what any "Scum fans" or Blue Wall think about it. Because ROSE BOWL.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-30, 14:06

Rittenberg bringing it strong lately.

Adam R. wrote:The Associated Press on Thursday obtained the police report from the incident, which includes statements from Lewan's ex-girlfriend, who claims Lewan assaulted Hughes. 
Alexandra Dileo, whose brother was a teammate of Lewan's, said "Taylor is lying" about his actions on Dec. 1. 

"He knocked the guy to the ground and he punched him," she told police in a telephone interview Jan. 29, according to the report. She recalled hearing Lewan tell his mother "I knocked a guy out" the next morning while they were having breakfast.

Alexandra Dileo is the sister of former Michigan wide receiver Drew Dileo, one of Lewan's good friends on the team. 

As soon as the AP story broke Thursday, some Michigan fans questioned Alexandra Dileo's credibility, since she and Lewan had broken up and Lewan soon will become a millionaire with the Titans. Lewan's attorneys undoubtedly will make the same argument, which Dileo acknowledged in her conversation with police. 

What really happened Dec. 1 in Ann Arbor depends on whom you believe. At the very least, it creates an awkward situation for Lewan and Drew Dileo. 

It also raises more questions about Lewan, one of the more polarizing star players in the Big Ten in recent years. 
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2014-05-30, 15:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The big, bad terrifying Detroit media just can't wait to drag MSU's name through the mud. They mention MSU at every turn in this article about Campbell's sentencing. They must have exerted pressure on that judge to come down hard on that poor kid. What is wrong with getting caught on camera physically assaulting an authority figure in school, after all? Haven't we all done that?

http://www.freep.com/article/20140530/NEWS01/305300036/jayru-campbell-cass-tech-sentencing

CrazySparty wrote:

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1486952199   Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 502811600 MSU isn't mentioned once in the entire story! #BlueWall

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

HOLY CRAP that actually DIDN'T mention MSU. Shocked That is truly the first article I've seen on the incident that didn't................I'm actually..............Impressed with Detroit Media for once !?!

(just don't open the comments)

Not so fast guys.  I'm late to this party but clearly the article has been updated with reference to his commitment to play at MSU.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 15:23

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Not so fast guys.  I'm late to this party but clearly the article has been updated with reference to his commitment to play at MSU.

And there you have it. Any more questioning about the #BlueWall CrazySparty? Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 502811600 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 15:26

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

And there you have it.  Any more questioning about the #BlueWall CrazySparty? Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 502811600 

The Freep mentions that Jayru Campbell, one of MSU's highest profile recruits in years, is committed to MSU, and you scream Blue Wall?

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1494614055 
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 15:28

Tell me, TGS, would you have a problem if an MSU commit had a big game, and in the game's recap article, the reporter mentioned he was indeed committed to MSU?

No?

Ok then.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 15:29

CrazySparty wrote:

The Freep mentions that Jayru Campbell, one of MSU's highest profile recruits in years, is committed to MSU, and you scream Blue Wall?

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1494614055 

Once again, what possible reason is there for MSU being mentioned? Does the incident have ANYTHING to do with MSU? NO.

God you really are a SCum apologist. Go over the MgoBlow I'm sure they're busy rubbing one off to this right now
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 15:30

CrazySparty wrote:Tell me, TGS, would you have a problem if an MSU commit had a big game, and in the game's recap article, the reporter mentioned he was indeed committed to MSU?

No?

Ok then.

I wish we'd be so lucky in the Detroit Media.  Once the player is a verbal or signed commit to MSU, only thing you'll find is when the **** up

EDIT: again though, if it's a recap of a good football game, his recruitment and commitment actually has barring on the subject being discussed. His involvement in off field incidents has nothing to do with MSU, and since MSU can't discuss recruits until they are signed, any impact the incident has on his recruitment can't even be discusses so need not be mentioned.

Last edited by TrueGreenSpartan on 2014-05-30, 15:32; edited 1 time in total
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 15:32

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Once again, what possible reason is there for MSU being mentioned?  Does the incident have ANYTHING to do with MSU? NO.

God you really are a SCum apologist.  Go over the MgoBlow I'm sure they're busy rubbing one off to this right now

lol! Yes, it has nothing to do with MSU. That's why the story is on multiple MSU message boards, and is being tweeted about by several MSU beat reporters.

Care to try again?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-05-30, 15:35

Don't care if he plays here or not. If he does, I hope he is great.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 15:36

CrazySparty wrote:

lol! Yes, it has nothing to do with MSU. That's why the story is on multiple MSU message boards, and is being tweeted about by several MSU beat reporters.

Care to try again?

Answer me this, if the original article didn't feel the need to talk about the recruitment why add it after the fact, but to appeal to a certain population?
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 15:40

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Answer me this, if the original article didn't feel the need to talk about the recruitment why add it after the fact, but to appeal to a certain population?

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1494614055 You act as if UM fans are the only ones who care about the story. I know plenty of MSU fans who were hoping Dantonio would drop this kid when the incident first occurred, and today's news just reinforces that mentality(Myself included). Some fans disagree, and hope Dantonio holds on to him. As a result, MSU fans(as well as UM fans) have been keeping track of this story to see how it plays out, and yes, his sentencing is a very key role in that story.

Any more questions?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State 2014-05-30, 15:43

Giant Moose wrote:
How can you not fault the media for blowing this situation out of proportion?

If the 17-year-old wasn't a star QB committed to MSU, he probably would have just gotten expelled from school and had to go somewhere else. And maybe they would have given him community service. Detroit police don't have time for dumb things like this; it's only because he's a "star" that this even got attention.

You realize this goes both ways right? Had he been expelled, he would not have been eligible for reinstatement for at least 180 school days. That would have meant that he could not have played football at all in 2014 and likely could not have graduated in 2015 (making the idea of a scholarship anywhere moot). DPS not expelling him was a huge break for him and, therefore, I don't think his punishment in total is all that terrible. In the scenario you apparently think would have been more fair, he gets no football in 2014 and, barring a miracle, no scholarship anywhere for 2015. What actually happened is that he got put through the wringer in the media, but was able to keep his hopes of playing football next year and receiving a scholarship alive. I'm guessing, given the choice, he would choose what ended up happening.

My personal opinion is that it isn't a good idea to take him, but I'll defer to the coaching staff as I don't know the kid personally like they do. I hope he turns his life around, but the argument that "there's no better place for him" is ridiculous in my mind because all people are really saying is "because he's good at football he deserves the best support." There are plenty of troubled teens out there and many who have likely have done a better job overcoming the same types of adversity as Campbell has faced, but because they can't play football you aren't advocating for them.
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 15:43

CrazySparty wrote:

Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1494614055 You act as if UM fans are the only ones who care about the story. I know plenty of MSU fans who were hoping Dantonio would drop this kid when the incident first occurred, and today's news just reinforces that mentality(Myself included). Some fans disagree, and hope Dantonio holds on to him. As a result, MSU fans(as well as UM fans) have been keeping track of this story to see how it plays out, and yes, his sentencing is a very key role in that story.

Any more questions?

Those that know about the story and care don't need the reminder. Why add it after the fact?

You can't deny that adding the mention of MSU after originally publishing the story is exactly what people are referring to when they talk about the #BlueWall.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-30, 15:46

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Those that know about the story and care don't need the reminder.  Why add it after the fact?

You can't deny that adding the mention of MSU after originally publishing the story is exactly what people are referring to when they talk about the #BlueWall.

Actually, I can, and I will. Frankly, I thought it was stupid for the writer NOT to initially include that info in the story.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-30, 15:51

CrazySparty wrote:

Actually, I can, and I will. Frankly, I thought it was stupid for the writer NOT to initially include that info in the story.

So................you enjoy the Detroit Media bias............and like that MSU's good name gets dragged through the mud whenever possible..............and you want us to believe you are an MSU fan? Jayru Campbell Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail - Page 3 1431518612 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-30, 15:59

There's some big time goobers in those comment sections. Idiocracy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-05-30, 16:02

I understand when people say trust the coaches but the kid had 2 incidents that are screaming for us to drop him. He obviously needs help and these issues are going to hinder his development and possibly not graduate.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next