Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-15, 00:49

Best part is all the 90's rap. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 7 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-15, 01:43

Really cool movie.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-18, 23:40

Defiant ones on HBO. Well worth it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-19, 07:35

DUNKIRK TOMORROW NIGHT

GET HYPE
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-07-20, 13:50

Death Roe wrote:DUNKIRK TOMORROW NIGHT

GET HYPE
Roe, how well versed are you on this IMAX and 70mm thing? I noticed you said you're seeing it in both.

I didn't think anything of it until I saw both options at some of the theaters around here, so I started reading about it a little apparently there is IMAX, 70mm, AND IMAX 70mm. The latter is supposedly the best and most the way Nolan intended it, but apparently only has 31 places showing it, none of which are in Florida.

So which is better between regular IMAX and regular 70mm?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-21, 13:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:DUNKIRK TOMORROW NIGHT

GET HYPE
Roe, how well versed are you on this IMAX and 70mm thing? I noticed you said you're seeing it in both.

I didn't think anything of it until I saw both options at some of the theaters around here, so I started reading about it a little apparently there is IMAX, 70mm, AND IMAX 70mm. The latter is supposedly the best and most the way Nolan intended it, but apparently only has 31 places showing it, none of which are in Florida.

So which is better between regular IMAX and regular 70mm?

I have only been to large IMAX (Henry Ford in Detroit before they got rid of it...) and regular IMAX (Portage Celebration Crossroads).

70mm is a larger format, that is what the movie was filmed in. It's essentially the format the director intended you to see the movie in. If that makes sense.

The largest format, and therefore best possible way to see it, is IMAX 70mm. The one closest to Michigan is in Indianapolis.

I'll report back Sunday after seeing this in 70mm to see if there is a stark difference.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-21, 13:52

Sounding like Ben Affleck is out as Batman relatively soon.

http://batman-news.com/2017/07/21/ben-afflecks-batman-futures-in-doubt-and-warner-bros-wants-to-address-it-in-a-movie/
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-22, 23:24

I just started The Belko Experiment. 15 minutes in. Intriguing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 00:23

My guess is the chick with the neck tats is a plant, she's an insider.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 00:43

Wow this is a bit violent.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 00:44

I'm hoping Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration can save errrybody
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 00:52

This movie sucks. Is there a payoff?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 00:56

Fuck that. Waste of time. Oh well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-07-23, 10:21

Damn, I thought that looked pretty good. Forgot about it since seeing the trailer though. I guess I'll skip it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-07-23, 10:50

Death Roe wrote:Sounding like Ben Affleck is out as Batman relatively soon.

http://batman-news.com/2017/07/21/ben-afflecks-batman-futures-in-doubt-and-warner-bros-wants-to-address-it-in-a-movie/

Affleck still in, but should also get a movie with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Batman more that flashpoint is confirmed... Going to be amazing
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-23, 18:29

Avengers: Infinity War trailer. Shitty cam rip, but still..

https://streamable.com/zeuhc

Shocked cheers tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 7 1486952199 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 7 3434560931
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-23, 18:44

Mrs. GreenWay really wanted to see Manchester by the Sea, so I finally gave in last night. So many accolades for a not very good movie. Unimpressed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-23, 18:46

tGreenWay wrote:Mrs. GreenWay really wanted to see Manchester by the Sea, so I finally gave in last night. So many accolades for a not very good movie. Unimpressed.

I watched that a couple of months ago. Very underwhelming.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-07-23, 18:48

tGreenWay wrote:Mrs. GreenWay really wanted to see Manchester by the Sea, so I finally gave in last night. So many accolades for a not very good movie. Unimpressed.

Fiancee watched it in the bedroom on our jailbroken Fire Stick around Oscar season. Holy shit, I watched part of it and had to take a shower to wash the absurd amount of depression away. It is such a downer.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-23, 19:02

I can deal with depressing if it's a good film. Floyd is right; this was just underwhelming. Everything just... stopped. It's as if the studio was tired of Casey Affleck (or whomever wrote it) dragging his feet with the script and he just stopped his screenplay. Or he was worried about the length of the film and said "fuck it, the audience can just believe things went on as they are." I don't need everything wrapped up neatly in a bow, but this was terrible. Poor storyline and character development.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-07-23, 21:29

Just watched Wonder Woman.... wasn't that basically the same movie as Captain America?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-07-23, 22:57

Nordic wrote:Just watched Wonder Woman.... wasn't that basically the same movie as Captain America?

Or as any other weak ass super hero movie?

*i have not seen either
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 23:02

I don't really like Super Hero movies. The intertrons are telling me I should watch The Claw or whatever it's called with the guy from Australia and the stupid college team in Ann Arbor but I'm not really down. I'd rather watch Crocodile Dundee again, that was pretty good. /This is a knife
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-07-23, 23:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really like Super Hero movies. The intertrons are telling me I should watch The Claw or whatever it's called with the guy from Australia and the stupid college team in Ann Arbor but I'm not really down. I'd rather watch Crocodile Dundee again, that was pretty good. /This is a knife

I have pre-teen/teenage kids... they dig it, so I watch. There are a few that are solid (anything with Ironman, Gaurdians of the Galaxy,...). The rest are pretty meh. They are definitely running their course.

Wonderwomen wasn't awful. Just a plot line that has been done before. Superhero....World War against the Germans...bad guy making super weapon...oh and there was a sheild.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-07-24, 10:48

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really like Super Hero movies. The intertrons are telling me I should watch The Claw or whatever it's called with the guy from Australia and the stupid college team in Ann Arbor but I'm not really down. I'd rather watch Crocodile Dundee again, that was pretty good. /This is a knife

I have pre-teen/teenage kids... they dig it, so I watch. There are a few that are solid (anything with Ironman, Gaurdians of the Galaxy,...). The rest are pretty meh. They are definitely running their course.

Wonderwomen wasn't awful. Just a plot line that has been done before. Superhero....World War against the Germans...bad guy making super weapon...oh and there was a sheild.

Captain obvious checking in - If it makes $ they are going to milk that shit until dumb people/children stop going. Spider-Man. Jurassic park. Transformers. Etc etc.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-07-25, 21:12

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-31, 09:33

Joe Pesci finally says yes to the Irishman. This is going to be great
Pesci says yes. Joins An all star cast.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-02, 20:42

Watching Be Kind Rewind on DVR. Forgot how hilarious this movie was.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-04, 23:34

Following by the king Nolan on Netflix
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-04, 23:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Following by the king Nolan on Netflix

Oh shit it's on there? Thanks for the heads up!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-04, 23:59

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Following by the king Nolan on Netflix

Oh shit it's on there? Thanks for the heads up!

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 7 969504605 interesting so far. Dats fosho. Can fuck with the black & white.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-05, 00:15

Watched First Blood the other night. Cute little arthouse film from 35 years ago. Surprised it didn't get more attention. Very surprised the lead actor didn't get much further in his career.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-09, 11:27

Suicide squad might literally be he worst movie I've ever see. It amazes me when so much time goes into the production of a film and it comes out such complete garbage.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-09, 11:33

Rocinante wrote:Suicide squad might literally be he worst movie I've ever see. It amazes me when so much time goes into the production of a film and it comes out such complete garbage.

I caught that on HBO a few weeks ago. There is absolutely nothing memorable about that movie for the money they put into it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-13, 23:12

Any solid flicks on HBO or Netflix I haven't seen yet?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-05, 19:24

Colin Trevorrow, director of "Safety Not Guaranteed" and the 2015 worldwide smash hit "Jurassic World," has decided not to direct "Star Wars: Episode IX" per Disney and Lucasfilm.

http://www.slashfilm.com/colin-trevorrow-leaving-star-wars-episode-9/

Thank GOD. I think he was the weakest part of Jurassic World, and Fallen Kingdom will be much better without him directing.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-17, 19:04

How did Paul Giamati get roped into San Andreas?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-17, 19:14

Im watching the last hour of Blast from the Past. Forgot how much I love this film.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-17, 19:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just finished John Wick 2. I had started it a number of times but had not gotten through it. My windows are limited and I just don't have the energy to stay up much past 12 anymore.

At any rate, I fucking loved it. Yes, it's completely out of control absurd, but it's still awesome. I love the way it ended because it's gonna set up for a trilogy. A series like this - there's absolutely no reason to try to retain some sort of movie critic sanctimony. Fuck that. Wick is gonna kill everybody and if you try to tell him there shouldn't be a III, the Bogeyman might kill you, too.

John Wick Chapter 3 is coming May 2019!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-17, 21:02

Anyone got a good film I probably haven't seen yet? Preferrably newer but open. Thank you in advance.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next