Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-06, 21:54

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:The greatest showman. Wow. Watch it.

Weird. We just watched this with the 8yo today. I was not impressed. I mean, great songs, but they seemed like they were written for a different musical.

I thought the song from Jenny Lind was the best one. I think Rebecca Ferguson is hot, though.

The movie was heavily advertised with the heading "FROM THE MUSICAL WRITERS OF LA LA LAND!!!!", so when I watched it I didn't expect much.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Nordic 2018-08-06, 22:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:S4 premiere Better Call Saul on right now

Thanks for the reminder tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-06, 22:06

I'll catch it tomorrow on the DVR. Can't wait.

WBH that last Detroiters was fucking gold.

"You can't reach into OUR TOILET, and pull out OUR SHIT!!!!!!"

One of the best lines I've heard in a long time.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-06, 22:22

I'm checking out this new series premiere after BCS "Lodge 49". On a bit of a delay but I'll let you know what I think.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-07, 08:17

"Slow burn" is TV reviewer speak for not a whole lot happens but it's acted and photographed beautifully.

I'm still watching but damn

#BetterCallSaul
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-07, 12:00

Dr. Strangelove wrote:"Slow burn" is TV reviewer speak for not a whole lot happens but it's acted and photographed beautifully.

#BetterCallSaul

I am getting really tired of shows that have these long, angsty plot arcs that never seem to resolve. AND EVERY SHOW DOES IT NOW.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-07, 12:14

Rocinante wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:"Slow burn" is TV reviewer speak for not a whole lot happens but it's acted and photographed beautifully.

#BetterCallSaul

I am getting really tired of shows that have these long, angsty plot arcs that never seem to resolve. AND EVERY SHOW DOES IT NOW.

I loved BB and I like the Saul Goodman character. I was intrigued when they announced the prequel spinoff but it's season 4 and he's still not Saul.

Last night we had 5 minutes of Mike in a goddamned golf cart for christsake.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-07, 12:23

I don't watch a ton of TV.. but "The Affair" on (I believe) Showtime is pretty damn riveting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-07, 14:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't watch a ton of TV.. but "The Affair" on (I believe) Showtime is pretty damn riveting.

Maura Tierney's ta-tas
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-07, 15:14

I thought the Mike golf cart scene was awesome. Probably the best part of the show. It is a slow show. But I love it. It's not for everyone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-07, 15:24

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't watch a ton of TV.. but "The Affair" on (I believe) Showtime is pretty damn riveting.

Maura Tierney's ta-tas
she's attractive enough but I thought this thread was about movies/TV shows. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-07, 16:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought the Mike golf cart scene was awesome. Probably the best part of the show. It is a slow show. But I love it. It's not for everyone.

The best part was Jimmy/Saul not letting Howard off the hook and throwing "that's your cross to bear" onto him.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-07, 16:14

Yes that was also excellent.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-07, 16:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Maura Tierney's ta-tas
she's attractive enough but I thought this thread was about movies/TV shows. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 2599972566

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 Picture+3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-09, 13:44

Jim Harbaugh to make cameo on Comedy Central's 'Detroiters' tonight

In a recent interview with Big Ten Network, Harbaugh was asked about the cameo.

"Detroiters, I love that show," Harbaugh said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-09, 13:46

The Detroiter is my favorite casual hang in Bricktown.. decent bar food, good drinks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-09, 14:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The Detroiter is my favorite casual hang in Bricktown.. decent bar food, good drinks.

It’s cool enough enough but I thought this thread was about movies/TV shows. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-09, 14:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The Detroiter is my favorite casual hang in Bricktown.. decent bar food, good drinks.

It’s cool enough enough but I thought this thread was about movies/TV shows. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 2599972566
me too.

apparently it's okay to talk about someone's breasts, too - so I assumed I could talk about a bar in Detroit.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-09, 14:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

me too.

apparently it's okay to talk about someone's breasts, too - so I assumed I could talk about a bar in Detroit.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 2599972566

Is the Detroiter in a building made of wood or brick? We can always talk about brick houses, but please spare us talk about your wood.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-09, 15:09

Just finished Westworld Season 2....

Who the what the f is... huh?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-08-09, 15:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished Westworld Season 2....

Who the what the f is... huh?
tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-09, 15:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: me too.

Is the Detroiter in a building made of wood or brick? We can always talk about brick houses, but please spare us talk about your wood.
pretty sure it's brick.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 Detroiter-bar

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-09, 15:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

pretty sure it's brick.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 Detroiter-bar

Been there, but back in my days of carousing in that area i preferred the Old Shillelagh. I had a mad lust for one of the bartender/waitresses there. In retrospect I think it was shallow and based largely on the free shots of Irish Mist she fed me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-09, 15:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty sure it's brick.

Been there, but back in my days of carousing in that area i preferred the Old Shillelagh.  I had a mad lust for one of the bartender/waitresses there.   In retrospect I think it was shallow and based largely on the free shots of Irish Mist she fed me.
maybe she had a thing for you... or maybe she was trying to get you black out so you'd leave her alone. Wink

The Detroiter is the go-to before shows at Saint Andrews - about a 2 minute walk. I don't get there as often as I'd like, but maybe 2-3 times/year.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-09, 15:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

pretty sure it's brick.

She’s a brick... house.
She’s mighty mighty.
Just letting it all hang out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-09, 15:53

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty sure it's brick.

She’s a brick... house.
She’s mighty mighty.
afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-09, 16:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

She’s a brick... house.
She’s mighty mighty.
afro

What’re you trying to pull, Bob? That doesn’t look anything like Clyde Orange.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-09, 23:05

Watched Detroiters for the first time tonight. Harbaugh’s appearance aside, it was funny.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-09, 23:23

Yeah it's a funny show. Wish they wouldn't have thrown down with JH.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-10, 14:42

tGreenWay wrote:Watched Detroiters for the first time tonight. Harbaugh’s appearance aside, it was funny.
Watched the season 1 premiere at lunch today. Spit food all over my keyboard.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-11, 21:38

Well that episode was dark as fuck
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-12, 10:26

Someone on here recommened Ready Player One, that movie is fugging bad and that person should feel bad.

Someone also recommended All or Nothing about Michigan. Holy Shit was that worth. Watched the first, MSU and Wilton episodes. The opening scene when he's talking about ice cream Shocked jocolor tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 1494614055

WBH, I know we were resisting as well. Just watch the first 10 mins of episode 1. The show is made for Spartan and Buckeye fans.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-12, 11:58

You should have read the book ready player one Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-12, 14:53

Nordic wrote:

Just watched it. Slow episode, but worth it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-12, 15:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

A lot of tension in that episode. The way it was shot seemed way different than any other episode. it was really good. Probably one of the best of the series. But depressing.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-12, 15:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You should have read the book ready player one Nordic

Nah...not into teen romance books
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-12, 15:41

Nordic wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You should have read the book ready player one Nordic

Nah...not into teen romance books

Well good thing it’s not a teen romance book.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-12, 20:52

Nordic it's an awesome book.

Really hard to put it all in the screen but I loved it.

About to watch Black Klansman
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-12, 22:29

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

A lot of tension in that episode. The way it was shot seemed way different than any other episode. it was really good. Probably one of the best of the series. But depressing.

Agreed. I especially loved how Jimmy didn’t even try to let Howard off the hook.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-12, 23:15

Nordic wrote:Someone on here recommened Ready Player One, that movie is fugging bad and that person should feel bad.

Someone also recommended All or Nothing about Michigan.  Holy Shit was that worth. Watched the first, MSU and Wilton episodes. The opening scene when he's talking about ice cream Shocked jocolor tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 23 1494614055

WBH, I know we were resisting as well. Just watch the first 10 mins of episode 1. The show is made for Spartan and Buckeye fans.
I get it, but principles bruh. I'm sure I would enjoy a few of those episodes but I hard and fast refuse to give them the clicks and feed the completely unfounded, absurd, ludicrous hype machine. No fucking way. Ever.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next