Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

+27
Venice
Brock Middlebrook
Jethro Bodeen
Rodeo Burger
CrazySparty
SawGreen
The Pantry
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
PreMadonna
Pervis Muldoon
WBill
y2kMgrad
Gob Bluth
LoneWolfSparty
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Snake Plissken
Dolph Ziggler
Jake from State Farm
WCS
Spartan Nachos
Turtleneck
Three_Putt_Par
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Jor El
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 01:43

LooseGoose wrote:

I agree. They'll continue here no matter what. If you want to cut down the frequency it might be smart to deal with the root cause. Mental health. Tucson - nutcase. Aurora - nutcase. Newtown - nutcase. Santa Barbara - nutcase. ALL of them had been treated for mental health issues. People knew they were a threat in every case and nothing was done to stop them. Nothing can be done because of the changes in the laws that don't allow involuntary commitment in most cases.

And a party that systematically cut back funding in our state for mental health because it shouldn't be our concern.

I say make guns easier to get. Throw caution to the wind. We've lost it. The only thing we all know is it will happen again and absolutely nothing will change in our country regardless.

The whole thing is disgusting. Just ammo up and get ready. Why not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 01:45

The "gun = knife = car" people are dumbfucks. Knives and cars, while being potentially lethal objects, have other functions.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-06-01, 01:49

Pervis Muldoon wrote:The "gun = knife = car" people are dumbfucks.  Knives and cars, while being potentially lethal objects, have other functions.  
Okay Mr. Genius... How exactly am I supposed to get a stuck pickle jar open without a gun?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-06-01, 02:03

Pervis Muldoon wrote:The "gun = knife = car" people are dumbfucks.  Knives and cars, while being potentially lethal objects, have other functions.  
lol Was waiting for your pathetically liberal ass to show up.

So tell us. What is your proposed 'gun plan'?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 07:50

You're either missing the point or willfully ignoring it.

If you remove one weapon these fruitcakes will simply use another. In most cases they've been thinking about and planning these killings over long periods of time. Take away all the guns and they use bombs. Or poison. Or knives. Or cars. Or trucks. Or planes. Now you may feel better since you've "done something" but in reality you've not done a thing except treated a symptom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 07:54

DWags wrote:And a party that systematically cut back funding in our state for mental health because it shouldn't be our concern.

Quit blaming the Democrats, both parties are at fault. $$ for mental health isn't a big vote grabbing issue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-01, 08:35

DWags wrote:Nobody wants to ban fucking guns. But no reasonable person has ever been able to explain to me why is so fucking easy to get shit at gun shows and suck.

Meh, whatever. Fuk it. My rights fear government bad people will have guns protect my house blah blah blah. It won't change. We've lost our minds and can't reason with each other so I guess it's best just to arm ourselves.

I'll bet anyone a case of beer that by this time next year we have another mass shooting by a guy who picked up a gun at a gun show somewhere and is mad at the world. I'll also bet it happens in our country before some other country.

The gun show loop hole is a lie. It is no easier to buy a gun at a gun show than it is any where else.

Licensed dealers still have to run the NICs check against all buyers. If you buy a handgun from a private seller you still have to get a permit to purchase. (unless the buyer has a cpl).

The only "loophole" is that private long gun sales are not subject to either one, whether at a gun show or a private home, or whatever. However, it is a felony to transfer a fire arm to some one you know to be legally disqualified from owning one.

This is for Michigan at least, other states may have different rules.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-06-01, 08:38

Never ceases to amaze me how this debate is replayed among the same people time and again. Have any of you actually changed your stance on this?

I might see a pro-gun person switch sides, but I doubt I'll see an anti-gun person go pro.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 08:49

LooseGoose wrote:

Quit blaming the Democrats, both parties are at fault. $$ for mental health isn't a big vote grabbing issue.

Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-01, 10:15

SawGreen wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how this debate is replayed among the same people time and again. Have any of you actually changed your stance on this?

I might see a pro-gun person switch sides, but I doubt I'll see an anti-gun person go pro.

I've seen anti gun people become huge pro gun people. Usually it has to do with crime they've been the victim of. When they realize that when seconds count the police are minutes away, suddenly that want to protect themselves from being a victim again in the future.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-01, 10:22

Not a chance. Congress is too busy worrying about the NCAA, the "Redskins" nickname, NFL's HGH testing, etc.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 10:40

CrazySparty wrote:Not a chance. Congress is too busy worrying about the NCAA, the "Redskins" nickname, NFL's HGH testing, etc.

Well that and most of them would really prefer to get re-elected.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 11:11

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I've seen anti gun people become huge pro gun people. Usually it has to do with crime they've been the victim of. When they realize that when seconds count the police are minutes away, suddenly that want to protect themselves from being a victim again in the future.

Who was the Brady law named for? Why? What was his stance in the 1970's and how did he come off when Reagan was running.

Biggest piece of shit hypocrite there is. And just because he got shot in the head. Him and his wife are traitors to our second amendment rights. Both are wimps and pussies. One bullet to the head. Big fucking deal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-01, 11:16

When the government can fix pot holes and crumbling bridges on a consistent and timely basis, I'll entertain the idea that bigger issues can be tackled.

Until then, these are just cleverly designed, unwinnable debates used to distract voters from just how inept the government really is, from the local level all the way up to the Oval Office.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 11:19

Rodeo Burger wrote:When the government can fix pot holes and crumbling bridges on a consistent and timely basis, I'll entertain the idea that bigger issues can be tackled.

Until then, these are just cleverly designed, unwinnable debates used to distract voters from just how inept the government really is, from the local level all the way up to the Oval Office.

You mean we shouldn't have voted for Bush I because he wanted our kids to say the pledge in school and Dukakis felt it wasn't a big deal?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 11:25

DWags wrote:Who was the Brady law named for?  Why?  What was his stance in the 1970's and how did he come off when Reagan was running.

Biggest piece of shit hypocrite there is.  And just because he got shot in the head.  Him and his wife are traitors to our second amendment rights.  Both are wimps and pussies.  One bullet  to the head.  Big fucking deal.  

Again, a crazy person that people knew should have been put away and wasn't. It's much easier to blame the gun than to deal with the real problem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-06-01, 11:29

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I'm sure it happens both ways in the real world. But in the MSU message board reality, I don't see anybody randomly changing their stance or opinion based on the same repeated arguments (both ways, without some personal tragedy adjusting someone's perspective).

The OPs question is valid, but this thread is no longer focused on that question.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 11:51

LooseGoose wrote:

Again, a crazy person that people knew should have been put away and wasn't. It's much easier to blame the gun than to deal with the real problem.

Who's blaming the gun? I'm calling Brady a pussy for changing his stance just because he got shot in the head. **** him and his wife. I WANT MY GUN!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-01, 12:01

OK, if the OP wants a serious debate, let's consider the legal issues here.

There has only been one amendment to the Constitution that has been repealed (the 18th amendment, which created Prohibition).

Also, the 2nd amendment is obviously part of the Bill of Rights, which includes the first 10 amendments. The Bill of Rights, as written, does not bind the states to anything, they merely restrict the federal government. But the 14th amendment incorporates the bulk of the Bill of Rights into state (or city) laws via Due Process, a precedent that has long been respected by the Supreme Court. That's why the gun bans in Washington DC and Chicago were struck down.

44 states have included in their state constitution a provision that is similar to the 2nd amendment.

Lastly, if a new amendment is proposed, it takes only 13 states to block it from becoming law.

Considering all of that, I'd say no, the 2nd amendment will never be repealed.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-01, 12:04

PreMadonna wrote:

It won't, until we decide we are willing to pay the costs of enforcing these laws.  
Want a gun, fine, commit a crime while carrying, life imprisonment w/o parole.  

Of course that means another 5 or so prisons in Michigan.   Willing to pay for this?  

I am.

Your scenario would never happen because it would be deemed " racist ".
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-01, 12:17

DWags wrote:

You mean we shouldn't have voted for Bush I because he wanted our kids to say the pledge in school and Dukakis felt it wasn't a big deal?  

I though Dukakis was in favor of Satanic blood rituals with goats and chickens in the Classroom? That's why I voted for Dukakis. That and because he looked cool in the tank with his " 'Lil Tank Commander" outfit. So butch! So Alpha-Male!

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 2 6a010536ffcbe0970b014e87448287970d-pi

Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 12:54

The Pantry wrote:lol Was waiting for your pathetically liberal ass to show up.

So tell us. What is your proposed 'gun plan'?

Thanks for thinking of me. I wish I could say that I've waited for you to show up in a thread, but I can't recall anything of interest you've ever posted.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-01, 12:56

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Thanks for thinking of me. I wish I could say that I've waited for you to show up in a thread, but I can't recall anything of interest you've ever posted.

Pot. Kettle.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 12:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Okay Mr. Genius... How exactly am I supposed to get a stuck pickle jar open without a gun?

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 2 502811600
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 13:08

LooseGoose wrote:

You're either missing the point or willfully ignoring it.

If you remove one weapon these fruitcakes will simply use another. In most cases they've been thinking about and planning these killings over long periods of time. Take away all the guns and they use bombs. Or poison. Or knives. Or cars. Or trucks. Or planes. Now you may feel better since you've "done something" but in reality you've not done a thing except treated a symptom.

If knives and cars are just as good for killing, then you don't need a gun to protect yourself. When an evil-doer breaks into your house, just stab him or run him over with your pickup.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-06-01, 13:32

Let's fucking hope not.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 17:17

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

If knives and cars are just as good for killing, then you don't need a gun to protect yourself.  When an evil-doer breaks into your house, just stab him or run him over with your pickup.

I've not used, nor do I plan to use my guns for killing humans. I use my guns only for hunting, I know others do it but using a car for deer hunting is problematic for me. Perhaps a knife would have worked when I was younger and more limber but not anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Venice 2014-06-01, 18:01

Brock Middlebrook wrote:Let's fucking hope not.

Fox News fear mongering
Venice
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 18:17

LooseGoose wrote:

I've not used, nor do I plan to use my guns for killing humans. I use my guns only for hunting, I know others do it but using a car for deer hunting is problematic for me. Perhaps a knife would have worked when I was younger and more limber but not anymore.

So guns are better for killing than cars and knives are? Make up your mind.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 18:21

LooseGoose wrote:

I'll use my guns to kill humans. Just try breaking g into my house. 9-1-1 will only be called to pick up a fucking corpse. Second amendment motherfucks!!

MERICA!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 18:24

DWags wrote:

I'll use my guns to kill humans. Just try breaking g into my house. 9-1-1 will only be called to pick up a fucking corpse. Second amendment motherfucks!!

MERICA!

That's not necessary; Goose says you can poison them or kill them with an airplane.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-06-01, 18:26

Gun control advocates are pussies.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 18:32

tTito wrote:Gun control advocates are pussies.

Starting with that Pussy Brady family and the Brady Bill. Fucking turncoat. One bullet to the head and that puss jumps off the wagon. I'm embarrassed for him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 18:33

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

That's not necessary; Goose says you can poison them or kill them with an airplane.

But it seems like it'd be more fun to shoot those fuckers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-06-01, 18:38

I live in county of 285,000 people. We average about 1 (yes that's one) homicide per year. What's the fucking problem? Some butt **** takes a gun out in Butt **** Idaho and shoots 5 people and everybody in the Country who owns a gun is now a criminal. Knee jerk bull shit.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 18:45

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

So guns are better for killing than cars and knives are?  Make up your mind.

If you're determined to kill they'll all work just fine. As with any tool some are better choices depending on the application.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-01, 18:45

tTito wrote:I live in county of 285,000 people. We average about 1 (yes that's one) homicide per year. What's the fucking problem? Some butt **** takes a gun out in Butt **** Idaho and shoots 5 people and everybody in the Country who owns a gun is now a criminal. Knee jerk bull shit.

Knee jerk is when you make a change in an instant based on an event. Have we done that? If so, I want some fucking recalls!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-01, 18:45

DWags wrote:

Maybe...but how about crashing into them with an airplane that's coated in poison?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-01, 18:46

DWags wrote:

There's nothing quite as fun as mocking mass murder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-06-01, 18:48

DWags wrote:

Knee jerk is when you make a change in an instant based on an event.  Have we done that?  If so, I want some fucking recalls!!  

Can you seriously tell me you personally knew one single person who was killed by being shot with a gun? I have never personally met one single person in my life who was killed by being shot with a gun.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next