Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

+39
Big Doug
AnomanderRake
TheReal_LWS
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
Cameron
Clarett's Folly
The_Dude
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
By-Tor
Blanch32
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
StylesGShmooth
P Rob
SeeRockCity
I.B. Fine
Izzo Court
Herbie Green
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Stoops21
Da Mayor
duffy munn
tanfan!
Ted Brogan
tGreenWay
DWags
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
43 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no Empty Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-24, 23:57

You will be held accountable if you are wrong so post with caution. No poll because fuck anonymity.

YES
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no Empty Re: Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-24, 23:58

Get some wins and hope Izzo's reputation help grease the wheels.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no Empty Re: Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 00:04

No.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 00:13

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no Untitl10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-25, 00:19

Yes. Izzo gets his head out of his ass and remembers he's a god damn genius. Then he calls me up we shoot a beer and smoke a joint. All good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-25, 00:22

I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-25, 00:24

tGreenWay wrote:I don't know.

How far up your ass is that fence right now?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 00:26

What would be the odds in vegas right now for us making the tourney/not. Let's put some coin on this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-25, 00:30

DWags wrote:

How far up your ass is that fence right now?

Not riding any fence. I don't know is the same answer I give anytime someone here (usually Officer Nigel) asks for a prediction. It's really the one area where I enjoy being a stick in the mud. No one here has enough information to make that call. There are way too many variables to make an educated prediction. Those who turn out to have "predicted" correctly were really only on the happy side of a lucky guess.
In short, predicting is stoopid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 00:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What would be the odds in vegas right now for us making the tourney/not. Let's put some coin on this.

I am seeing analytics guys putting us at a 58% chance with a final record of 18-13. That being said using implied probability odds would be like -140isshhhhh

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2017-01-25, 00:33; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2017-01-25, 00:33

No. While the Big Ten is seemingly weak, the schedule gets tougher. Making the tourney isn't in the cards this year.

Very tough break for Carter and Schilling to miss the season. The guard play isn't consistent enough to make up for the lack of depth inside the paint.

I'd love to be wrong. :)
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 00:38

MattyFresh wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What would be the odds in vegas right now for us making the tourney/not. Let's put some coin on this.

I am seeing analytics guys putting us at a 58% chance with a final record of 18-13. That being said using implied probability odds would be like -140isshhhhh
OTPT?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 00:53

MattyFresh wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

OTPT?

-140 to make it? And to not? I'm a gambler not a statistician.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 00:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:
OTPT?

-140 to make it? And to not? I'm a gambler not a statistician.

-140 would be to make it
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 00:56

so that would like +120 to not make it. I am just giving you the odds brosef
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 01:04

Like I told my brother to take Purdue -2, I'm taking +120. But I could never actually bet against the Spartans and tom izzo. It will suck to watch them on an NIT floor. Disgusting !
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 01:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Like I told my brother to take Purdue -2, I'm taking +120. But I could never actually bet against the Spartans and tom izzo. It will suck to watch them on an NIT floor. Disgusting !

NIT floor would be our floor correct? I'd go to it nonetheless but I'd rather take a trip to wherever the NCAA tournament takes them though.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 01:08

MattyFresh wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Like I told my brother to take Purdue -2, I'm taking +120. But I could never actually bet against the Spartans and tom izzo. It will suck to watch them on an NIT floor. Disgusting !

NIT floor would be our floor correct? I'd go to it nonetheless but I'd rather take a trip to wherever the NCAA tournament takes them though.

Right - for a round or two. Then potentially at Madison square garden? Maybe it won't be so bad.

:(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-25, 04:35

I usually don't read nor participate in WBH threads. Basketball
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-01-25, 06:24

Yes.

Shill.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-25, 06:46

duffy munn wrote:Yes.

Shill.

No.

Ambulance chaser who doesn't watch the games.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-01-25, 07:01

No. Remaining schedule is too difficult and the team seems lost. Enjoy your free time in March
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-01-25, 07:04

Da Mayor wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Yes.

Shill.

No.

Ambulance chaser who doesn't watch the games.

#presscoverage
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-25, 07:24

Yup. No question about it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-25, 07:51

I predicted you would say that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-25, 08:07

Yes, but probably as a play in game. Whether they make it out of Dayton, I don't know.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-25, 08:09

should win the next 5....

yes, I said "should" - will likely go 4-1 or possibly 3-2.

I still say we're in.. I'm not sure my ego could take a trip to the NIT.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-25, 08:33

Nope. Our signature win if fucking Minnesota.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-25, 09:16

Not predicting because I don't like counting losses before they happen.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-01-25, 09:16

In Izzo I trust. He can judge the pulse of players better than any coach in the country. I think scUM on Sunday @ 1:00 is the date Izzo circled to push the accelerator to the floor.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-25, 09:18

Izzo Court wrote:In Izzo I trust. He can judge the pulse of players better than any coach in the country. I think scUM on Sunday @ 1:00 is the date Izzo circled to push the accelerator to the floor.
that's probably gonna be during my nap time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-25, 09:32

MattyFresh wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else but I like this kind of post that has actual useful information in it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-25, 09:39

I think we need 2 more wins against ranked opponents to get in.
Never count Izzo out.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-25, 11:19

No, we just don't have the bodies inside. Schilling and Carter going down was a death sentence.

God, I hope I'm wrong.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 11:56

Herbie Green wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else but I like this kind of post that has actual useful information in it.  

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no 328670334
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-25, 12:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nope. Our signature win if fucking Minnesota.

Hey Bitch, can you please try and form coherent sentences? NO WONDER NOBODY LIKES YOU YA BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2017-01-26, 12:05

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no Yup
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-26, 12:12

Lunardi has us in as a 9 seed this morning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-01-26, 14:15

I predict both Kentucky and MSU make it to the tournament. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next