Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

+39
Big Doug
AnomanderRake
TheReal_LWS
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
Cameron
Clarett's Folly
The_Dude
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
By-Tor
Blanch32
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
StylesGShmooth
P Rob
SeeRockCity
I.B. Fine
Izzo Court
Herbie Green
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Stoops21
Da Mayor
duffy munn
tanfan!
Ted Brogan
tGreenWay
DWags
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
43 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 2 Empty Re: Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-26, 14:22

steveschneider wrote:I predict both Kentucky and MSU make it to the tournament. Go Green!

STEVE! WELCOME BACK!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 2 Empty Re: Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by Nordic 2017-01-26, 15:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nope. Our signature win if fucking Minnesota.

That would be two signature wins cheers

In as an 8 seed (gotta beat Pur, Wis or MD) and beat Duke.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2017-02-08, 00:33

Bets are still open.

On pace for an 18-13 (10-8) record with no big wins. Might need a Kiebler exclamation point type of game in the BTT.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-08, 00:46

Who.cares
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-08, 00:49

Nordic brings up a good point would we rather miss the tourney to give izzo the kick in the ass he obviously needs ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-02-08, 06:39

The streak continues
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-08, 07:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nordic brings up a good point would we rather miss the tourney to give izzo the kick in the ass he obviously needs ?

Shirley?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-08, 07:25

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-08, 07:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nordic brings up a good point would we rather miss the tourney to give izzo the kick in the ass he obviously needs ?

If he needs that to get it together we're fucked anyway.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-08, 08:55

agreed. time onc3 again to fire the black dude with glasses
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-02-08, 08:56

DWags wrote:

If he needs that to get it together we're fucked anyway.
Exactly. Pretty sure he realizes it whether we are 10 seed or miss the tourney. His team couldn't defend the pick and roll or fake pick and roll for 40 minutes last night. The oldest and simplest play in basketball. Dribble drive and help defense was a disaster too.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-02-08, 09:12

We're in.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-08, 10:16

Yes, but just barely.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-08, 10:31

CaptainSlow33 wrote:Yes, but just barely.

After last night I'm in about the same place - might take 2 wins in the BTT to get them in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-08, 10:38

I would not rather miss the tourney.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-08, 10:59

LooseGoose wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:Yes, but just barely.

After last night I'm in about the same place - might take 2 wins in the BTT to get them in.

MSU has always been good at using a brutal loss as a rallying point. Next couple games will tell us a lot, but I still think we squeak in. Possibly even fly under the radar to a Sweet 16 bid.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-02-08, 14:32

Yes, what the hell. I am optimistic. The freshmen are still getting better despite last night.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-21, 13:23

Basketball
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-21, 13:25

I've given this some more thought, and I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-21, 13:28

In 10 seed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-02-21, 13:36

No.

MSU either need to go 3-1 to finish the season or win two games in the BTT and have the second win be against Wisky/PU/Mary.

The frosh have hit the wall. Stick a fork in em. Hope im wrong, but we have been waiting the entire season for this team to figure it out. They have not. This team isn't going to all of a sudden go an entire half without a turnover in a big game like Wisconsin can.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-21, 14:17

MattyFresh wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What would be the odds in vegas right now for us making the tourney/not. Let's put some coin on this.

I am seeing analytics guys putting us at a 58% chance with a final record of 18-13. That being said using implied probability odds would be like -140isshhhhh

73% chance now, still a projected 18-13 regular season. Thats -270 for the gamblurs
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-21, 14:20

The_Dude wrote:No.

Stick a fork in em. Hope im wrong,

No you don't.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-21, 14:23

yes.

what the heck are some of you people smoking?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-21, 14:55

I said a while ago that I don't think they get in. But if they don't I won't be like some morons here and brag about how right I was.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-02-21, 15:15

You guys know we have a better chance of getting in, even with 14 losses than another team that rarely gets in, even if they only ahve 12 losses. MSU has some clout with the committee, the only thing I'd be worried about, honestly is Hollis being the one who doesn't want MSU in, but he can't be in the room when the team is discussed. We may get in as one of the first four or whatever those games are called, but MSU will probably get in, unless they lose out for the year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-21, 15:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I said a while ago that I don't think they get in. But if they don't I won't be like some morons here and brag about how right I was.

That's because you're a humble moron.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-21, 15:19

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I said a while ago that I don't think they get in. But if they don't I won't be like some morons here and brag about how right I was.

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 2 Guardians-of-the-galaxy-14-gif-sex-machine-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-21, 15:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 2 Guardians-of-the-galaxy-14-gif-sex-machine-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly

Humble, but also kind of mean.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-02-21, 15:44

No one is going to brag about anything.

Just people giving their opinions.

This late into the season, the team is who they are. Not good, like at all. We aren't going to magically find front court players or stop turning the ball over.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-21, 15:49

The_Dude wrote:

No one is going to brag about anything.

Just people giving their opinions.

This late into the season, the team is who they are.  Not good, like at all.  We aren't going to magically find front court players or stop turning the ball over.

You'll be doing your own trollish version of bragging. It's who you are. Sad!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-26, 18:23

We're in, baby.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-02-26, 18:24

Death Roe wrote:We're in, baby.

Yep!
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-26, 18:25

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Death Roe wrote:We're in, baby.

Yep!

My dick is out!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-26, 18:26

Goddamn Middle Tennessee State highlights, they do that on porpoise.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-02-26, 18:31

Death Roe wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Yep!

My dick is out!

Butters nods in approval.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-26, 18:35

DWags wrote:Yes. Izzo gets his head out of his ass and remembers he's a god damn genius. Then he calls me up we shoot a beer and smoke a joint. All good.

Bump from January 25th.

Believe train.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-26, 18:37

This post has been edited because I hurt OTPT's feelings.

Last edited by Death Roe on 2017-02-26, 18:52; edited 1 time in total
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-26, 18:38

Ted Brogan wrote:No. While the Big Ten is seemingly weak, the schedule gets tougher. Making the tourney isn't in the cards this year.

Very tough break for Carter and Schilling to miss the season. The guard play isn't consistent enough to make up for the lack of depth inside the paint.

I'd love to be wrong. :)

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 2 Giphy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next