Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

+39
Big Doug
AnomanderRake
TheReal_LWS
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
Cameron
Clarett's Folly
The_Dude
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
By-Tor
Blanch32
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
StylesGShmooth
P Rob
SeeRockCity
I.B. Fine
Izzo Court
Herbie Green
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Stoops21
Da Mayor
duffy munn
tanfan!
Ted Brogan
tGreenWay
DWags
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
43 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 Empty Re: Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Dwags predicting we are a bubble team again next year? Fuck, I hope not!

No way we are on the bubble next year with you at the point and Tum transferring to Ferris State.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 Empty Re: Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no

Post by DWags Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Dwags predicting we are a bubble team again next year? Fuck, I hope not!

cheers cheers

I'm in for a final four next year. You sticking with we're not making the tournament again?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I would yawn. Jesus get a grip dude

O.K. That would be weird, funny and probably illegal if he did know.

So you are saying he was getting illegal contact from the committee and Hollis? I figured you were just talking about some bracketlogy dork stuff.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

O.K. That would be weird, funny and probably illegal if he did know.

So you are saying he was getting illegal contact from the committee and Hollis? I figured you were just talking about some bracketlogy dork stuff.

Nah, I'm not implying that at all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:51 pm

What if we go 17-16 next year with Tom Izzo as coach?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Herbie Green wrote:What if we go 17-16 next year with Tom Izzo as coach?

People like you depress me.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:58 pm

What if we go 33-0?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 pm

DWags wrote:

What if we go 33-0?

Then I don't think we will need your sticky note
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 pm

*stocky note
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:04 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Nope. I will never be spoiled. Think my attitude is more like Izzo's

What if I told you I think Izzo knew we were in before the BTT? Would you believe me? And I mean what if I told you he had real knowledge of it.

What if I told you we aren't very good in basketball this year?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Next year will be different. Should compete for a league title, more of a vintage Izzo team, probably a chance to make a deep run, but no chance to win a National Title unless Bridges comes back, and probably we would need to land 1 or 2 of the super recruits that we're not gonna land.

The CBB landscape is depressing. '14 was such a lost opportunity. Man, if Appling hadn't gone down against UNC. That was the most talented team we've had in a decade, and quite possibly ever.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:05 pm

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

What if I told you I think Izzo knew we were in before the BTT? Would you believe me? And I mean what if I told you he had real knowledge of it.

What if I told you we aren't very good in basketball this year?

Wow, hard-hitting analysis! Great stuff.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Next year will be different. Should compete for a league title, more of a vintage Izzo team, probably a chance to make a deep run, but no chance to win a National Title unless Bridges comes back, and probably we would need to land 1 or 2 of the super recruits that we're not gonna land.

The CBB landscape is depressing. '14 was such a lost opportunity. Man, if Appling hadn't gone down against UNC. That was the most talented team we've had in a decade, and quite possibly ever.

Breaks my heart thinking about it. App was playing like a POY front-runner, too.

We ran into a buzzsaw known as Shabazz Napier.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:18 pm

DWags wrote:

cheers cheers

I'm in for a final four next year. You sticking with we're not making the tournament again?

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:19 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Nah, I'm not implying that at all.

Illegal? Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:20 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Next year will be different. Should compete for a league title, more of a vintage Izzo team, probably a chance to make a deep run, but no chance to win a National Title unless Bridges comes back, and probably we would need to land 1 or 2 of the super recruits that we're not gonna land.

Next will only be different if Ward, Langford, Winston and Jackson can all be double digit a game guys. Our 4 guards are Tum, Winston, Langford, and McQaid. Can Ward be a 16 point a game guy?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:21 pm

DWags wrote:

What if we go 33-0?  

What if Chicken Herb wets his pants every game and the sky actually does fall and hit him in the head?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:17 am

Death Roe wrote:

Breaks my heart thinking about it. App was playing like a POY front-runner, too.

We ran into a buzzsaw known as Shabazz Napier.

That team still wins if izzo rested Appling. still, that team relied on Harris way too much for offense
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 am

Team lost 3 players to the NBA. Had both guys go down that were supposed to replace Davis, replaced all three NBA guys with freshman, relying heavily in a freshman PG and two freshman playing out of position in the front court.

8 seed. Some if you people are really spoiled or just don't understand college basketball.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:48 am

kingstonlake wrote:Team lost 3 players to the NBA. Had both guys go down that were supposed to replace Davis, replaced all three NBA guys with freshman, relying heavily in a freshman PG and two freshman playing out of position in the front court.

8 seed. Some if you people are really spoiled or just don't understand college basketball.

9 seed Kingston. We'll be wearing road uniforms not home. Big difference. Who doesn't understand college basketball now hot shot?

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 Btjnzvn
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:49 am

kingstonlake wrote:Team lost 3 players to the NBA. Had both guys go down that were supposed to replace Davis, replaced all three NBA guys with freshman, relying heavily in a freshman PG and two freshman playing out of position in the front court.

How does call do it then?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:51 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

9 seed Kingston. We'll be wearing road uniforms not home. Big difference. Who doesn't understand college basketball now hot shot?

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 Btjnzvn

LOL. Retracted.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:55 am

Berore Izzo leaves, do you think he'll get as dirty as Cal or Fischer or Roy boy or K?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:56 am

8 and 9 seeds are equal. No difference. They are seeded alphabetically.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:59 am

NigelUno wrote:

University of Miami
Michigan State University

its not alphabetical dope. It's which uniforms they think will be prettier on the court they are tasked with playing on. It's all about visual presentation to attract viewers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:05 am

NigelUno wrote:

University of Miami
Michigan State University

its not alphabetical dope. It's which uniforms they think will be prettier on the court they are tasked with playing on. It's all about visual presentation to attract viewers.

They do it by nickname/mascot.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 am

I'm just glad "The Streak" is still alive. This is the worst season that I can remember during the Izzo era. At least after he got shit rolling, and we're still a 9 seed. That's pretty amazing.

We're spoiled and this thread represents that pretty decently.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm just glad "The Streak" is still alive. This is the worst season that I can remember during the Izzo era. At least after he got shit rolling, and we're still a 9 seed. That's pretty amazing.

Not to nitpick but we're a dumpster fire because we have a Swill poster who is a better basketball players than one of our point guards. Pay attention please.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm just glad "The Streak" is still alive. This is the worst season that I can remember during the Izzo era. At least after he got shit rolling, and we're still a 9 seed. That's pretty amazing.

Not to nitpick but we're a dumpster fire because we have a Swill poster who is a better basketball players than one of our point guards. Pay attention please.

Worst guard play Izzos ever had this year.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:53 am

kingstonlake wrote:

Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 4113017228 I'm trying to not name names. :)
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:52 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You will be held accountable if you are wrong so post with caution. No poll because fuck anonymity.

YES
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:21 am

The B1G will be better overall next year although a lot always inges on who stays and goes.

MSU just doesn't have any offense this year, and Bridges being our top scorer is gone.  Who's going to score next year?

MSU will need Langford, Winston, and the frosh Jackson to all be double digit scorers.  McQaid can maybe be a 6-7 point a game guy off the bench and we know Tum won't bring anything.  Schilling, Goins and Tilman aren't scorers.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 am

The_Dude wrote:
The B1G will be better overall next year although a lot always inges on who stays and goes.
MSU just doesn't have any offense this year, and Bridges being our top scorer is gone.  Who's going to score next year?
MSU will need Langford, Winston, and the frosh Jackson to all be double digit scorers.  McQaid can maybe be a 6-7 point a game guy off the bench and we know Tum won't bring anything.  Schilling, Goins and Tilman aren't scorers.

Since I have time to waste this morning.

Interesting that you talk about who is going to score next year and Ward's name never comes up.
Inge is long retired and was a baseball player so not germane to this discussion.
You're so damned certain Tillman isn't a scorer when he averages more ppg in HS than Jackson who you project as a double digit scorer.
McQuaid averages 6ppg now, so you feel there will be no improvement from his So year to his Jr year. That's not the norm.

As usual your post is a combination of pure bullshit thrown against the wall to see what sticks and mediocre trolling. Step up your game or quit polluting the board with this weak sauce.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:39 am

LooseGoose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Since I have time to waste this morning.

Interesting that you talk about who is going to score next year and Ward's name never comes up.
Inge is long retired and was a baseball player so not germane to this discussion.
You're so damned certain Tillman isn't a scorer when he averages more ppg in HS than Jackson who you project as a double digit scorer.
McQuaid averages 6ppg now, so you feel there will be no improvement from his So year to his Jr year. That's not the norm.

As usual your post is a combination of pure bullshit thrown against the wall to see what sticks and mediocre trolling. Step up your game or quit polluting the board with this weak sauce.

Ward is the obvious #1 guy. We should be pounding the ball inside next year with him and JJ. Not sure what to expect from Schilling.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:34 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You will be held accountable if you are wrong so post with caution. No poll because fuck anonymity.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No.

Ted Brogan wrote:No. While the Big Ten is seemingly weak, the schedule gets tougher. Making the tourney isn't in the cards this year.

Very tough break for Carter and Schilling to miss the season. The guard play isn't consistent enough to make up for the lack of depth inside the paint.

I'd love to be wrong. :)

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Like I told my brother to take Purdue -2, I'm taking +120. But I could never actually bet against the Spartans and tom izzo. It will suck to watch them on an NIT floor. Disgusting !

Stoops21 wrote:No. Remaining schedule is too difficult and the team seems lost. Enjoy your free time in March

gHost 2 wrote:

No, I don't think so.

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nope. Our signature win if fucking Minnesota.

Herbie Green wrote:Not predicting because I don't like counting losses before they happen.  

SeeRockCity wrote:No, we just don't have the bodies inside.  Schilling and Carter going down was a death sentence.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nordic brings up a good point would we rather miss the tourney to give izzo the kick in the ass he obviously needs ?

The_Dude wrote:No.

MSU either need to go 3-1 to finish the season or win two games in the BTT and have the second win be against Wisky/PU/Mary.

The frosh have hit the wall.  Stick a fork in em.  Hope im wrong, but we have been waiting the entire season for this team to figure it out.  They have not.  This team isn't going to all of a sudden go an entire half without a turnover in a big game like Wisconsin can.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:35 pm

The_Dude wrote:

Two of the top three teams in big ten scoring aren't in the tourney. This team is an 8 seed because they're young and haven't grasped defense at this level yet.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Should I ban everyone for a day Nigel?

I cannot ban OTPT and SRC, the buttons won't press.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Should I ban everyone for a day Nigel?

I cannot ban OTPT and SRC, the buttons won't press.

Oh crap. You just said the 'b' word. Put your ass on the line: MSU Mens Basketball makes the NCAA Tourney - yes or no - Page 11 1550444538
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:20 pm

I dont think I ever technically predicted MSU to miss the tourney despite blowar attempts to attack my Spartan character.
But what happened to the "everything will be fine in March" brigade?  Did one loss turn them in to chicken shit pussies that no longer believe in Izzo? None of these spoiled brats that took a tourney bid for granted while the rest of us went to war have the balls to lay their asses on the line for MSU in the sweet 16 or beyond?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I dont think I ever technically predicted MSU to miss the tourney despite blowar attempts to attack my Spartan character.
But what happened to the "everything will be fine in March" brigade?  Did one loss turn them in to chicken shit pussies that no longer believe in Izzo? None of these spoiled brats that took a tourney bid for granted while the rest of us went to war have the balls to lay their asses on the line for MSU in the sweet 16 or beyond?

Actually in the pm's you were predicted not to make a choice but then chose the right side after. So like 7 people nailed you. I said you'd pick a side. I was wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next