Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower.

+14
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
The_Dude
InTenSity
kingstonlake
tanfan!
Blanch32
By-Tor
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower.

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 20:13

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

So the three times he's teams were 8,9 or 10 seeds they couldn't get to the Sweet 16??? Shocking!

Chicken Herb is grasping/clucking at straws. He thought we'd be in the NIT.

Link
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower.

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-14, 20:20

Herbie Green wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

So the three times he's teams were 8,9 or 10 seeds they couldn't get to the Sweet 16??? Shocking!

538 gives MSU an 8% chance if that makes you feel better
. They probably had MSU at 95% last year if you want to play percentages. Izzo owns March for the better part of 20 years. Will he this year? Probably not. But I sure as hell wouldn't bet against it.

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-14, 20:27

Herbie Green wrote:
I think this is the low point of basketball since 1997. We are really going to the NIT
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 20:27

CheesySpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

538 gives MSU an 8% chance if that makes you feel better
. They probably had MSU at 95% last year if you want to play percentages. Izzo owns March for the better part of 20 years. Will he this year? Probably not. But I sure as hell wouldn't bet against it.

Would you bet on it this year?

I have them in the sweet 16 myself but I am going all in for this team
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-14, 20:28

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:
I think this is the low point of basketball since 1997. We are really going to the NIT

I saw this post bumped by someone else a few days ago, too.

Solid work, Herbster.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 20:29

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Link?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-14, 20:40

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Link?

Just own up, jackass.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-14, 20:51

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Link?

Just own up, jackass.

Herbster likes to hold others accountable, but cowers like the chicken he is when other people do the same to him.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 20:51

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Link?

Just own up, jackass.

Sorry but I don’t predict Spartan losses in advance. I lay my ass on the line for each and every game.

Why don't you try to actually contribute to a discussion rather than resorting to petty name calling and clamoring for e-score respect?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-14, 20:52

Herbie Green wrote: clamoring for e-score respect?

..you do that all the time
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-14, 20:53

CHICKEN LITTLE HERBIE
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 20:59

I bet Izzo said a hell of a lot worse directly to his team x 1000 than any of you have read from me here.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-14, 21:00

Herbie Green wrote:I bet Izzo said a hell of a lot worse directly to his team x 1000 than any of you have read from me here.

I've never taken anything you've said on here to heart. You're harmless. You're like the little kid trying to fight a bigger one, but the big kid is holding your head where your arms just punch the air constantly.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 21:09

NigelUno wrote:Wins (RPI 1-50)
RPI DATE OPPONENT SCORE
31 Nov. 25 Wichita State* 77-72
21 Dec. 27 @ Minnesota 75-74
49 Dec. 30 Northwestern 61-52
21 Jan. 11 Minnesota 65-47
30 Jan. 29 Michigan 70-62
32 Feb. 26 Wisconsin 84-74

So the highest ranked RPI team MSU beat the entire season is #21 and this proves that top seeds should be shaking in their shoes in fear ofvghe prospect of playing MSU?

Great stuff Nigel
lol!
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 21:10

MSU wins vs RPI top 20:

?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-14, 21:13

CheesySpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:MSU's best win of the season was against Michigan, a 7 seed.
Yes, Izzo has one of the best tourney records of any coach.  He also has never made it out of the first weekend with less than a 7 seed.
The Dude is spor on.  

The most popular opinion is not always the most correct.

BTW State beat 5 seed Minnesota twice???
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-14, 21:16

CHICKEN LITTLE HERBIE

lol!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-14, 21:22

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Just own up, jackass.

Sorry but I don’t predict Spartan losses in advance. I lay my ass on the line for each and every game.

Why don't you try to actually contribute to a discussion rather than resorting to petty name calling and clamoring for e-score respect?

Ok. I apologize for the jackass comment.

But it's pretty clear you were quoted as saying we were headed to the NIT. Are you denying this?

Just own up.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-14, 22:07

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

But it's pretty clear you were quoted as saying we were headed to the NIT. Are you denying this?

Just own up.

Yes I deny it. Unfortunately for you even if you were to find such a post it could have been edited.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-14, 23:11

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Just own up.

Yes I deny it. Unfortunately for you even if you were to find such a post it could have been edited.

Ok, Kellyanne.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-14, 23:20

Meh, we're in our 20th straight tournament. We have a 1% chance to get to a NC game. This isn't vintage MSU. Big deal. Friday St Pats, meeting a bunch of Spartans at 8:30 for the game, it's great to be a huge underdog and just enjoy the night.

We'll be back. I hope we get through to Sunday and at least kick Kansas in the balls once or twice, but I'm not expecting a deep run.... this year. I am expecting a shit ton of fun with friends.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-03-15, 11:50

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Just own up, jackass.

Oh, really? So when all MSU needed to do was win out to go to the Rose Bowl, you were rooting for UM to beat Nebraska why exactly? Oh, that's right, because you thought we would lose to Nebraska.

This NIT claim is yet another black mark on your posting career.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-15, 12:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Oh, really? So when all MSU needed to do was win out to go to the Rose Bowl, you were rooting for UM to beat Nebraska why exactly? Oh, that's right, because you thought we would lose to Nebraska.

So do you care if Kansas gets upset or not?

How would that impact MSU's chances at a sweet 16?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-15, 13:05

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 1f627
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-03-15, 13:14

Herbie Green wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Horrible analogy, considering MSU was far and away the best football team in the Big 10 in 2013, but is no where near as good as Kansas in basketball this year. We have very little chance of advancing to the Sweet 16 or beyond on our own. In 2013, we had an excellent chance (100%, as it turned out) of winning the East.

How much did Nebraska beating Michigan in that game hurt MSU's chances of winning the B10 East? Zero. Because we beat everyone. But you still made a big thing about rooting for UM because you thought MSU would lose to Nebraska. Oh, but you never think MSU will lose. Yeah, right.

A better analogy would be if MSU was the 1 seed, and Kansas was the 9 seed. And I wouldn't give a shit if Kansas won or not, because I would expect MSU to beat them regardless.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-15, 13:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Horrible analogy, considering MSU was far and away the best football team in the Big 10 in 2013, but is no where near as good as Kansas in basketball this year. We have very little chance of advancing to the Sweet 16 or beyond on our own. In 2013, we had an excellent chance (100%, as it turned out) of winning the East.

How much did Nebraska beating Michigan in that game hurt MSU's chances of winning the B10 East? Zero. Because we beat everyone. But you still made a big thing about rooting for UM because you thought MSU would lose to Nebraska. Oh, but you never think MSU will lose. Yeah, right.

A better analogy would be if MSU was the 1 seed, and Kansas was the 9 seed. And I wouldn't give a shit if Kansas won or not, because I would expect MSU to beat them regardless.

Pat Shurmur once told me that he wouldn't root for Michigan winning if it meant that MSU would be conference champs. I guess as fans we want the championships, they feel different about UofM. To each their own
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-15, 14:19

Holy shit the dick measuring regarding fanhood is real Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-15, 14:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Holy shit the dick measuring regarding fanhood is real Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 502811600

Not sure about that.

Pants wetting is real though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-15, 14:48

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Holy shit the dick measuring regarding fanhood is real Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 502811600

Not sure about that.

Pants wetting is real though.

Hasn't one of them now begun shitting his pants.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-15, 15:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

It is the same concept of the outcome of a game benefitting MSU despite all your mental gymnastics.

The concept is quite simple and a no brainer except for some when hatred of a rival team can cloud even the most basic of common sense to the point they will root against their own team's best interest.

I am impressed you were able to successfully predict MSU's best football season in 50 years in hindsight though.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-15, 15:37

Don ask me, I thought we were headed for a 17th seed.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-15, 16:04

Vlad wrote:Don ask me, I thought we were headed for a 17th seed.

I can feel your disappointment.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-03-15, 16:50

Herbie Green wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

It is the same concept of the outcome of a game benefitting MSU despite all your mental gymnastics.

The concept is quite simple and a no brainer except for some when hatred of a rival team can cloud even the most basic of common sense to the point they will root against their own team's best interest.

I am impressed you were able to successfully predict MSU's best football season in 50 years in hindsight though.
The same concept, but under completely different circumstances. And UM winning was not in MSU's best interests. When we needed UM to win in BBall a few years ago (against Indiana, maybe?) in order to get a share of the B10 title, I rooted for UM. Was on record on tRCMB as rooting for them. Because it benefited MSU. But in 2013, it was irrelevant to MSU's best interests. I said it at the time, and was correct. The only reason someone would think it was relevant to MSU's best interests is if they thought MSU would lose.

And that's what we're talking about here, isn't it? You claimed that you never predict MSU losses. Yet there are at least two cases shown in this thread where you have done just that. So you're a liar? Schizo? An all around dumbass? All of the above?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-15, 17:34

duffy munn wrote:
Vlad wrote:Don ask me, I thought we were headed for a 17th seed.

In this year's team? Absolutely!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-15, 17:43

Vlad wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Perhaps in not being able to run that tired schtick of coming on had we not made it and starting five threads about how the program is sunk and Izzo is done. Alas, you'll be able to do that most likely this weekend. Next at the latest. I'm sure you'll have fresh takes and great insight as usual.

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-15, 17:49

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Perhaps in not being able to run that tired schtick of coming on had we not made it and starting five threads about how the program is sunk and Izzo is done. Alas, you'll be able to do that most likely this weekend. Next at the latest. I'm sure you'll have fresh takes and great insight as usual.

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 502811600

Glad we agree that this team is likely to make a quick exit. (But I'm vacationing on the Amalfi Coast so will miss the game(s), and you'll have to manage without my insight.)

Wait...did you really say "alas"?

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-03-15, 17:54; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-15, 17:52

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 2 502811600 fresh.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-15, 17:59

Ever been to Italy Dwags? Man, I love this country! Been here 8 or 9 times and it never gets old. Getting outside the big cities is even better.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-15, 18:56

Vlad wrote:Ever been to Italy Dwags? Man, I love this country! Been here 8 or 9 times and it never gets old. Getting outside the big cities is even better.

Never been. Most of my family has. Not me. Maybe next summer. Hope you enjoy it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-15, 21:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

The same concept, but under completely different circumstances. And UM winning was not in MSU's best interests. When we needed UM to win in BBall a few years ago (against Indiana, maybe?) in order to get a share of the B10 title, I rooted for UM. Was on record on tRCMB as rooting for them. Because it benefited MSU. But in 2013, it was irrelevant to MSU's best interests. I said it at the time, and was correct. The only reason someone would think it was relevant to MSU's best interests is if they thought MSU would lose.

And that's what we're talking about here, isn't it? You claimed that you never predict MSU losses. Yet there are at least two cases shown in this thread where you have done just that. So you're a liar? Schizo? An all around dumbass? All of the above?

You have attempted to explain this 100 times and even brought it up here. Sorry it will just never make sense. You are basically saying you would rather have MSU have a 60% chance of winning the Big Ten vs a 80% chance or whatever numbers you want to assign. Of course it is based on the possibility of losses. Every conference race, bracket, game, etc.. is, Not that complicated.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next