Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower.

+14
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
The_Dude
InTenSity
kingstonlake
tanfan!
Blanch32
By-Tor
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 3 Empty Re: Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower.

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 02:15

Herbie Green wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
The same concept, but under completely different circumstances. And UM winning was not in MSU's best interests. When we needed UM to win in BBall a few years ago (against Indiana, maybe?) in order to get a share of the B10 title, I rooted for UM. Was on record on tRCMB as rooting for them. Because it benefited MSU. But in 2013, it was irrelevant to MSU's best interests. I said it at the time, and was correct. The only reason someone would think it was relevant to MSU's best interests is if they thought MSU would lose.

And that's what we're talking about here, isn't it? You claimed that you never predict MSU losses. Yet there are at least two cases shown in this thread where you have done just that. So you're a liar? Schizo? An all around dumbass? All of the above?

You have attempted to explain this 100 times and even brought it up here. Sorry it will just never make sense. You are basically saying you would rather have MSU have a 60% chance of winning the Big Ten vs a 80% chance or whatever numbers you want to assign. Of course it is based on the possibility of losses. Every conference race, bracket, game, etc.. is, Not that complicated.

You're being obtuse. There is a big difference between needing uofm to win in order to get a title for MSU or a share of one (his basketball example) and MSU only having to take care of business each game to win it so fuck them.

Spin all you want with 60/80% bullshit. MAU had a one hundred percent chance to win it all if they kep winning no matter what those asses did in Ann Arbor so screw them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower. - Page 3 Empty Re: Quick question for guys who really thought we'd be a 10 seed or lower.

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-16, 07:54

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

You have attempted to explain this 100 times and even brought it up here. Sorry it will just never make sense. You are basically saying you would rather have MSU have a 60% chance of winning the Big Ten vs a 80% chance or whatever numbers you want to assign. Of course it is based on the possibility of losses. Every conference race, bracket, game, etc.. is, Not that complicated.

You're being obtuse. There is a big difference between needing uofm to win in order to get a title for MSU or a share of one (his basketball example) and MSU only having to take care of business each game to win it so fuck them.

Spin all you want with 60/80% bullshit. MAU had a one hundred percent chance to win it all if they kep winning no matter what those asses did in Ann Arbor so screw them.

You're dealing with a guy who said he doesn't predict losses in advance, but said we were going to the NIT (and then denied saying that).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-16, 09:53

This is a really extended conversation over a 9 seed. Let's enjoy our 20 year tourney streak being kept alive, and let's talk about our offseason plans.

So, what's everyone up to this summer?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 10:09

Hanging out in Saugatuck for July and August. Water skiing golfing drinking at the red dock every day at around 3. Going back to the cottage, nap, wake up, look around, build a fire in the back yard.

it's going to be a busy 2 months. I hope Dantonio and Izzo have their shit together so I can be entertained in the Fall, Winter and Spring.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-16, 10:16

DWags wrote:Hanging out in Saugatuck for July and August. Water skiing golfing drinking at the red dock every day at around 3. Going back to the cottage, nap, wake up, look around, build a fire in the back yard.

it's going to be a busy 2 months. I hope Dantonio and Izzo have their shit together so I can be entertained in the Fall, Winter and Spring.

I was with you all the way till the end of the first paragraph! But now that you went there, what's the expectation for next season? 4 wins? 6 wins? Scrap the program?

Let's not forget about the investigation. Depending on how that goes, that could take any remaining wind out of the program.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 10:31

Football, 7 wins at best. Basketball, Conference champs, elite 8 at the least. Football is gonna be much better in 18, next year, I hope our line develops to win the games we're supposed to win, and I hope we beat one or two of the big games, but I don't expect it next year (Michigan, OSU, PSU, ND)

I would be very disapointed if we didn't win the following:

Western
Bowling Green
Rutgers
Indiana
Maryland

Those five wins should be in our back pocket, and if they aren't it's going to be a steeper climb than we thought.

I'd be mildly upset because I absolutely expect to win these two games

Iowa
Minnesota I'd put this in the five expected but it's at Minnesota

That's 7 if we can do all of those.

If we pull two of these off, it's a pretty decent season, and I'm satisfied

Michigan
OSU
PSU
ND

Just one will be o.k.

Anything less than 7 wins will suck. 2018 is whether we should think about giving Dantonio some nice parting gifts, our complete gratitude for letting us ride along on the golden age of MSU football (in our lifetimes).

But, I'm usually so mellow after two months of the tuck, I just enjoy seeing the friends at the I.M. lot for tailgates. Football just doesn't frustrate me as much anymore. It's a pastime.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-16, 11:54

Yeah, I enjoy a good tuck myself. Who doesn't, right? Am I right??

About football, probably 6 or 7 wins next year. Can't predict 2018 as it's too far out.

Hoops...whatever.

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-03-16, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 11:56

Vlad wrote:Yeah, I enjoy a good tuck myself. Who doesn't, right? Am I right??

You don't seem the type that would enjoy Saugatuck Vlad. No offense, it's not for everybody
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-16, 12:02

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:Yeah, I enjoy a good tuck myself. Who doesn't, right? Am I right??

You don't seem the type that would enjoy Saugatuck Vlad. No offense, it's not for everybody

I heard it's pretty gay-friendly so you're probably right. But I do enjoy enjoy the lake(s) in general. The little town of Paradise in the UP was my summer hangout back in the 90's.

And I'm hangin' out in Positano right now. They told me it's a poor man's Saugatuck.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 12:32

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

I heard it's pretty gay-friendly so you're probably right. But I do enjoy enjoy the lake(s) in general. The little town of Paradise in the UP was my summer hangout back in the 90's.

And I'm hangin' out in Positano right now. They told me that's a poor man's Saugatuck.

I don't know about that, I hope you enjoy it. Did you say you were in Italy? Awesome.

Saugatuck likes everyone Vlad. Not everyone likes Saugatuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3